Forum Settings
Forums

Original TV Anime 'Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai' Announced

New
Sep 12, 2018 8:22 PM

Nov 2007
An official website has launched announcing an original TV anime titled Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai. The series, directed by Tsutomu Mizushima with series composition by Michiko Yokote, is slated for this winter.

Staff
Director, Sound Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls & Panzer series)
Series Composition: Michiko Yokote (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san)
Original Main Character Design: Hidari (Phantom in the Twilight)
Character Design: Shou Sugai (Juushinki Pandora opening animation director)
Military Supervisor: Shigeyuki Ninomiya (Kuromukuro)
Military Setting: Tetsuya Nakano, Hideyuki Kikuchi (Vampire Hunter D manga story), Jirou Tokihama (Sensha Girls Shougi mangaka)
Setting Cooperation: Seiichi Shirato (Steins;Gate 0 data cooperation)
Assistant Director: Hiroyuki Kanbe (Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai series director)
3D Director: Hisashi Egawa (Berserk CG director), Ten Hirota (Berserk overall CG animation)
Technical Director: Keita Mizuhashi (Berserk)
Asset Director: Kentarou Kogusuri (live-action Dororo CG modeler)
Animation Episode Director: Yuusaku Saotome (Fairy Tail episode director)
Chief Animation Director: Touko Nakamura (Yowamushi Pedal animation director)
Animation Director: Shouta Ueno (Dame x Prince Anime Caravan)
Art Director: Kazuo Ogura (Shoukoku no Altair)
Art Setting: Nobuhito Sue (Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season art director), Sakura Ogawa
Color Design: Aiko Yamagami (Devils Line)
Director of Photography: Kentarou Kashiwagi (Ninja Slayer From Animation), Takamasa Hatakeyama (Berserk composition lead)
Editing: Masato Yoshitake (Koi to Uso)
Music: Shiro Hamaguchi (Shirobako)
Sound Effects: Yasumasa Koyama (Poputepipikku)
Sound Mixer: Takayuki Yamaguchi (Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro sound director)
Production: Digital Frontier
Studio: GEMBA
Animation Frames Production: WAO World

Cast
Kirie: Sayumi Suzushiro (High Score Girl)
Enma: Eri Yukimura (Golden Kamuy)
Kate: Sayaka Nakaya (Fushigi na Somera-chan)
Leona: Asami Seto (WIXOSS series)
Zara: Hibiku Yamamura (Island)
Chika: Miyu Tomita (Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes)

Teaser

A smartphone game by Bandai Namco Entertainment has also been announced for release next winter. The cast members will also appear on Tokyo Game Show 2018 stage on September 21.

Official site: https://kotobuki-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @kotobuki_PR

Source: Moca News

Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai on MAL
arsonalSep 12, 2018 9:23 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 12, 2018 8:26 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Teaser link doesnt work @tsubasalover
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 12, 2018 8:28 PM

Nov 2007
@DatRandomDude Fixed.
Sep 12, 2018 8:30 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like the GuP films will be finished in 10 years at this rate :'(
Sep 12, 2018 8:33 PM

Nov 2007
Cast Photo https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm8He-sUYAEoRzb.jpg
Sep 12, 2018 8:55 PM

Apr 2018
I was about to say how i like the art and the character designe in the key visual
Until i was hit with a cgi trailer...sad
Sep 12, 2018 9:08 PM

Apr 2015
I saw news on this yesterday so finally glad to see a page up here. Really cool that this is being made. In my mind, I basically see GuP except now aerial combat instead of tank fights. There are a lot of places where they can mess this up but I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. Looks pretty cool from the teaser images and trailer.

As for the CGI, I know some people might complain about this but it's honestly not bad. Drawing aerial combat in general is hella difficult and going full 2d is extremely difficult and unfeasible given today. It's easier to just go full 3D and work everything around that aesthetic. Now that being said, I really like the character designs here. Everyone looks fun and interesting to look at. I have good hopes for this.
Sep 12, 2018 9:31 PM

Jul 2013
CGI huh? Color me intrigued. CGI is something I love to follow when I have time. It is interesting to see how it evolves. Well at least the fully CGI stuff. CGI is everywhere in anime lol.
Sep 12, 2018 9:49 PM

Oct 2010
CG is replacing regular animation.
Sep 12, 2018 10:40 PM

Apr 2012
What? This show will be three-dimensional? I'm a little disappointed, although the animation here is not as clumsy as in High Score Girl...
Sep 13, 2018 1:44 AM

Apr 2016
Yeee original, wait its just another promo for mobile game, shit ... it can be worse right ? Oh it has CGI

rip.
Sep 13, 2018 2:05 AM

Jun 2012
Director and scriptwriter also worked on Shirobako so i have high hopes, but then, people working on CGI also worked on CGI Berserk, and it raises red flag :(
Sep 13, 2018 2:17 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
don't fuck with the 3d

but all female cast?

fuck yes
Sep 13, 2018 2:38 AM

Jun 2015
The image looked nice, then I saw the PV.

Good grief.
Sep 13, 2018 2:41 AM

May 2015
I don't think CG = automatic trash show like a lot of people seem to, so I might check it out.

Sep 13, 2018 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
Hey here I am hoping they did create Sanjo anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 13, 2018 6:30 AM

Dec 2015
Ah yes, the studio that helped Millepensee destroy any future hope of Berserk getting an anime, of course I'll be checking this out.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 13, 2018 8:30 AM

Nov 2008
I wish the game was a console title or on the Switch, we need more military flight sim games especially with cute girls in them. That CG is jarring though, so I'll pass.

Sep 13, 2018 10:37 AM

Aug 2015
Bruh it's like the worst parts of brave witches with the worst parts of panzer. That's a nope.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Sep 13, 2018 10:40 AM

Oct 2010
CG Saraka in Kado was cute, I've been wanting more like that. A Mizushima-directed pilot girls show is literally my dream anime that I've been asking for, and so is Endro. Hard to pick a most anticipated anime between those two and the now impending goth-moe doom of Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san... but it's probably this. Winter is going to be insane.

Me to the anime industry right now
Sep 13, 2018 12:14 PM

Nov 2011
Not a fan of the PV yet but some of the staff listed has my interest.

I hope it will be as enjoyable as GnP. This seems like a similar version but with aircraft
Sep 13, 2018 4:57 PM

May 2015
If this was an actual original series and not something obviously created to promote a mobile game, I might be more hopeful, but it isn’t… As far as I’m concerned, this is just another series based on a (upcoming) mobile game.

Honestly, I was expecting something much better after I heard about the announcement and saw the online counter page 2 days ago. This is hardly something to be excited, and hardly something that needed that kinda reveal.

Anyhow, the teaser was far from enticing, but it is a teaser, so...

Hidari doing the original character designs is nice though.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Sep 14, 2018 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
Personally I will never understand the logic of CG = automatically bad because, we had shows that had CG and can be still competent within either both sides or one side.

But with that being said I think the CG looks decent. Movements are a bit jarring but, it could have been a lot better. But considering the studios haven't done a whole lot ya know... its kinda expected, kinda.
Sep 14, 2018 6:18 AM

Jan 2016
CGI? Surely I'll skip this one.
Sep 20, 2018 3:59 PM

Sep 2017
3D Director: Hisashi Egawa (Berserk CG director), Ten Hirota (Berserk overall CG animation)
Technical Director: Keita Mizuhashi (Berserk)

Uh Oh...
Sep 20, 2018 4:03 PM

Sep 2017
Wasshio said:
Personally I will never understand the logic of CG = automatically bad because, we had shows that had CG and can be still competent within either both sides or one side.

But with that being said I think the CG looks decent. Movements are a bit jarring but, it could have been a lot better. But considering the studios haven't done a whole lot ya know... its kinda expected, kinda.

I definitely agree about CG as a whole, but I'm more concerned about the people behind the CG, and the fledgeling studios that I know nothing about. It's a trailer, they're gonna pick the best cuts from the show they can without spoiling anything.

At least we've got Kemurikusa to look forward to in terms of CG.
HellitselfSep 20, 2018 4:53 PM
Sep 20, 2018 9:16 PM

Nov 2007
Tokyo Game Show 2018
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1537500009
Sep 21, 2018 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
Hellitself said:
Wasshio said:

I definitely agree about CG as a whole, but I'm more concerned about the people behind the CG, and the fledgeling studios that I know nothing about. It's a trailer, they're gonna pick the best cuts from the show they can without spoiling anything.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong when I saw the people behind the CG side it's... well, concerning.

All I'm saying is that people will shoot up quickly and dismiss the series the moment when it's CGI when... even beforehand, animation studios have been relying on CG as a form of background years ago (more because of the transition to digital). While sure with the background part it's just half? Still...

If it's full CG I don't think that'll be an issue in itself as a whole. It's how they implement the CG, whether they can make it work or not.
Sep 21, 2018 4:58 AM

Apr 2013
Damn I don't like that CGI they are using at all. Will pass on this one.
Sep 21, 2018 5:04 AM

Sep 2017
Wasshio said:
Hellitself said:

Oh yeah don't get me wrong when I saw the people behind the CG side it's... well, concerning.

All I'm saying is that people will shoot up quickly and dismiss the series the moment when it's CGI when... even beforehand, animation studios have been relying on CG as a form of background years ago (more because of the transition to digital). While sure with the background part it's just half? Still...

If it's full CG I don't think that'll be an issue in itself as a whole. It's how they implement the CG, whether they can make it work or not.

That's fair. More good CG is a good thing in my book, as long as it establishes itself on its own and doesn't take over 2D animation like it has with American movies.
Sep 26, 2018 1:38 AM

Nov 2007
Tamashii Nation Stage on October 28
https://moca-news.net/article/20180926/2018092617000a_/01/
Oct 24, 2018 9:10 PM

Nov 2007
New key visual w. new characters (cast not revealed yet)
OP: "Soranone (ソラノネ)" by ZAQ
ED: "Tsubasa wo Motsumonotachi (翼を持つ者たち)" by Kirie (CV: Sayumi Suzushiro), Enma (CV: Eri Yukimura), Kate (CV: Sayaka Nakaya), Leona (CV: Asami Seto), Zara (CV: Hibiku Yamamura), Chika (CV: Miyu Tomita) (Song produced by ZAQ)
Winter 2019 via Tokyo MX, TV Aichi. MBS, and BS11
PV1 also revealed.
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/305137

Complete production pre-screening event on December 12 and 15 w. talk show w. casts.
https://moca-news.net/article/20181028/2018102812000a_/01/
tsubasaloverOct 27, 2018 10:50 PM
Oct 24, 2018 11:59 PM

May 2015
Aww man...Not one but two airplane anime next winter? And they brought Digital Frontier into this too? And it's full of cute girls that are going to help sell their gacha game? Damn it! I was hoping that Satelight wouldn't have any competition next season. Well it's going to be between this and Girly Air Force...And I'm biased towards Satelight, so I'm going to have to skip this next season and wait for it to finish airing so that I can watch it later...

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
8 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
47 minutes ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
3 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.