Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 14, 2018 8:13 PM

Dec 2014
Kyaaaa <3 Is this real life? Did Saiki just say Offu. Holy shieeet, I guess that confirms that he likes her

I really can´t get enough of Teruashi segments, they are the best part of the anime. She is too damn cute
May 14, 2018 10:35 PM

Jan 2013
Kaidou's sister is scary cute. i digged full-gal Teruhashi and straight hair glasses Aura tho.......HE SAID IT!
May 15, 2018 12:21 AM

Sep 2016
If you can make your whole fanbase go wild with having a character say "Oh!" you're a fucking magician.

Needless to say. BOI WHAT AN EPIC EPISODE AS USUAL
May 15, 2018 2:02 AM

Oct 2010
Teruhashi: "Saki's type is somone with principles who stays true to themselves is totally me. There was no need to panic. It's only a matter of time."
Saiki: "Oh.."

He said "Oh.." because Teruhashi isn't true to herself.
May 15, 2018 7:58 AM

Mar 2015
hahahaha he said it! I can't believe it. xD
May 15, 2018 10:38 AM

Dec 2008
He said it!
He said the thing!!

and here I thought Aiura was already good as she was <333
May 15, 2018 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
hahahahaha Kaidou's brother is already better than him xD The moment where he saved him was so funny xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 15, 2018 5:10 PM

Feb 2016
Ahh, its great that this anime is finally getting more recognition after Netflix addition, now I can watch this anime with Spanish Subs.

LOL SAIKI SAID "OFU" FOR ONCE! :O ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!! BRACE YOURSELVES!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 15, 2018 8:29 PM

Jun 2013
Become one with the "ofu", Saiki!
May 15, 2018 9:21 PM

Oct 2008
Kokomi's yellow gyaru-looks change was ugly!
Kaido had a younger brother and younger middle sister as well!?!?
4/5.

May 16, 2018 12:47 AM

Nov 2013
Offu ?!!! Can't believe he finally said it
May 16, 2018 4:34 AM
Jan 2018
One of the best episodes so far.
Ohfu, you don't have to fight it Saiki, just let it happen. Lol.

Also, I think that ballpark was a fmab reference. The eyes looks just like father or pride.
May 16, 2018 11:54 AM

Aug 2016
ahahaha the "oh" made me laugh so hard :)

That's actually not the first time Saiki used his mouth to speak by the way (because it was mentioned before), in the first season he spoke a "damn it" ("shimatta") when Nendou was looking into his eyes and turned to stone.
May 16, 2018 2:59 PM
Mar 2017
The day that the fansub page subtitled the episode was the 16/05, just this day is my birthday and I see the scene of "happy birthday" <3

FireCrauterMay 16, 2018 3:24 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
May 17, 2018 2:06 AM

Dec 2016
It seems like that weird bowl-haired guy is showing up next episode so that should be pretty interesting
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 17, 2018 10:02 PM

Dec 2015
The zoo and makeover bits were definitely my favorites. Saiki getting unhinged when he is annoyed or his pride is hurt is always fun to see.
Also, Aiura in a wig > Kokomi
May 19, 2018 12:14 AM

Oct 2008
Wow...he said it.
I had to rewind.
May 19, 2018 7:57 AM

May 2016
Our man is slowly falling for Teruhashi. He is now familiar with what she wants.🤔🤔

May 19, 2018 8:39 AM

Jan 2013
I really consider Saiki as unable to have romantic feelings so I really don't think this "offu" was for something like Teruhashi affinity. I think it was really because she was "lying" about being like herserlf. Or it wasn't him.
Please save Saiki from any romance.
MASSURU MASSURU ! HASSURU HASSURU !

May 19, 2018 10:09 AM

Jan 2014
lmao, he slowly falling to Teruhashi charm.
May 19, 2018 10:09 AM

Jan 2014
lmao, he slowly falling to Teruhashi charm.
May 25, 2018 6:58 PM

Aug 2015
Icore said:
I really consider Saiki as unable to have romantic feelings so I really don't think this "offu" was for something like Teruhashi affinity. I think it was really because she was "lying" about being like herserlf. Or it wasn't him.

I agree with you: the "offu" slipped because he thinks Teruhashi cannot seriously believe that she's acting "true to herself" but he did say it, and apparently out loud and not telepathically to himself. Which I think is because he thinks it's so ridiculous that he accidentally said it audibly.

Saiki seems like the type that's aromantic/asexual; don't even know if he can handle platonic relationships since he thinks all his 'friends' are annoying.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

May 25, 2018 11:40 PM

Jan 2013
Hana_Poko said:
Saiki seems like the type that's aromantic/asexual; don't even know if he can handle platonic relationships since he thinks all his 'friends' are annoying.

For friendships, here I think that even if he "thinks" they are annoying, actually he likes them, they just have a life rythm less quiet that Saiki's. After all, he always had friends and helped them, he could have done nothing. Maybe he'll notice that a day.
MASSURU MASSURU ! HASSURU HASSURU !

May 27, 2018 4:50 PM

Jun 2015
Did that really happen? Did Saiki say Oh in the end?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 27, 2018 4:51 PM

Jun 2015
GEEKalea said:
Wow...he said it.
I had to rewind.

I had to rewind too.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 8, 2018 10:32 PM

May 2012
HE SAID IT! Oh!!! Pretty damn fun episode and especially a great ending! Still love the parts with the Gyaru the most. The zoo part was quite funny as well though, let's see what's next.
Sep 4, 2018 5:03 AM

Feb 2013
1.Wow, he suffered a lot to get the last card. Give him coffee jelly and he will forgive everything.
2.That eland was funny. Wow, Saiki was scary but he can't defeat his mother.
3.His fahter was really professional there, at least until the cake arrived.
4.Lol, his little brother is stronger, poor Kaidou. His sister is normal?
5.Gyaru Teruhashi was kawaii too. That oh! doesn't count!
Oct 10, 2018 6:28 AM

Oct 2012
Saiki's mom is the top of chain apparently
His father should be at bottom xD

Wait what? Saiki's father actually doing a good job as editor?
Am I dreaming?

Kaidou's lil bro OP!

So that's where the blonde girl from 1st opening come from

How dare you end it with not "satisfying" ending!
Don't leave us hanging!
"Signature removed"
Oct 14, 2018 7:18 AM

Jul 2013
Man Saiki's brother is really annoying me now. Yeah it all worked out in the end but just leave him alone lol. Anyway, I really like the part in the zoo, I think that's the best one and second wsd the one with Kaido's. I think this is the first time we saw his siblings? Not sure.
Dec 25, 2018 8:32 AM

Jun 2015
HE FINALLY SAID "OH"
Jan 19, 2019 12:45 AM
Jan 2019
don't come bashing or being rude to me for saying bec this is just my opinion but i honestly think i'm the only person here who doesn't ship saiki with anyone like i honestly hope he ends up alone not in a rude way, i just feel like he doesn't need to be paired up with anyone right now. especially teruhashi (but maybe that's because i don't like her lol) but even with any of the other girls in the anime i don't think he would be paired well with any of them. but anyway i think i'll read the manga to see the ending
Feb 2, 2019 11:23 PM
Jan 2010
Hyack said:
Teruhashi: "Saki's type is somone with principles who stays true to themselves is totally me. There was no need to panic. It's only a matter of time."
Saiki: "Oh.."

He said "Oh.." because Teruhashi isn't true to herself.

I can kind of see what you're saying but I see a few problems with that. Even if he was noticing a contradiction, 'oh' isn't really the reaction you would expect. A quiet chuckle or derisive snort perhaps, but not that. Especially when you consider how that phrase has been used in the series up to now.

Secondly, I can't really agree that she's not true to herself. The phrasing is somewhat vague, but I would almost say the opposite. Perhaps her inner personality isn't what most people would expect, but you can't say her behavior isn't fairly consistent.

To be honest, I'm not sure why he said that, but I don't think that's quite it.
Apr 11, 2019 3:28 PM

Sep 2013
Well, first Sayaka (?, the occultism club thingie) was writing Teruhashi's name and now Saiki said ofu. Really want to see this couple happening before the anime ends... ;__;

Hana_Poko said:
Icore said:

I agree with you: the "offu" slipped because he thinks Teruhashi cannot seriously believe that she's acting "true to herself" but he did say it, and apparently out loud and not telepathically to himself. Which I think is because he thinks it's so ridiculous that he accidentally said it audibly.

Why would he say ofu for something he thinks is "ridiculous" (like Teruhashi not actually acting to herself)? Makes no sense. Characters in Saiki-verse don't ofu for this reason. Also, he says to himself his friends are annoying but he obviously likes them a lot like has been proved in this anime countless times. In my opinion he said "ofu" because he thought what Teruhashi was saying was charming in a way. There is no need to be afraid of "romance" as long as it's implemented in the second plan and in bits.
WintoviskyApr 11, 2019 3:35 PM
Aug 11, 2019 9:34 PM

Mar 2015
Lmao little Kaido has already surpassed his brother
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 24, 2019 5:22 AM

Jan 2018
Saiki saying "Oh" imo may be possibly sarcastic since Teruhashi talked about the person he likes.

Also, go to hell, Kuusuke. That's just way too far even at the expense of your own family.
Feb 14, 2020 8:03 AM
Apr 2019
That Offu was really great! Loved it!
Mar 2, 2020 1:53 AM

Apr 2016
This is not the first time he says 'offu', he says it in the end of the 1st ep too and i think he said that hear just because she thought she was true to herself lol
Apr 16, 2020 3:49 AM

Sep 2011
Damn Saiki is being tsundere too much.

But his "oh" made my eyes widen. Not gonna lie, I was surprised from that.

May 25, 2020 8:19 AM

Nov 2008
Gotta agree with the fellows here who think that he said "Oh!" because of contradiction in Teruhashi's logic. She was shown pretending to be 'perfect girl' just a few minutes before at the beginning of this segment, i wouldn't really call it "being true to herself".

Lylaaz said:
I think why Saiki said "oh" was because Saiki found out through Teruhashi what was said to her about what type of girl he likes.. and he replied it with Oh.. Because Saiki himself probably didn't know either as he is quite emotionless/feelingless usually. It was a discovery for him, basically!

Didn't really think about it this way, to me it appeared like Aiura just made up a somewhat believable excuse for Teruhashi to abandon the gyaru thing, but now that i've read your post, i think she might as well have done this divination for real. Still, the description she provided fits her more than Kokomi.

TouchMeBaby said:
Also, Aiura in a wig > Kokomi

Cultured! Plain Aiura is cute, CUTE!
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jun 18, 2020 5:45 AM
Sep 2015
finally kusuo show how he feel to kokomi with that ofu at the end, well with all the hint all over the previous episode just this kind of scene makes it a fact not a theory anymore. at first i dont like kokomi but over time her feeling toward kusuo is starting to be genuine, i ship them now.
Jul 28, 2020 1:37 AM

Jan 2020
Saiki said "Ofu" !!!!!

By far the best episode in the anime. Saiki's dad actually being competent and that last few minutes were absolute GOLDEN!!
Aug 24, 2020 6:17 PM
Mar 2017
I still think his "Oh" was meant to be ironic, but as it came out from his mouth whaaaat? I honestly don't like Teruhashi as long as she's a false angel in her thoughts, but this sure makes things move
Oct 29, 2020 11:23 AM

Aug 2017
Did Saiki say Ofu!!!??????

DAMN!!!! So he is into Teruhashi!!?? I mean ya, he's always helping her and protecting her and all but I didn't expect him to be into her!!

Dec 16, 2020 3:54 AM

Apr 2020
So Kaidou has a younger sister and younger brother,

Teruhashi is jealous of Aiura because Aiura's chest is bigger, lmao
Feb 10, 2021 9:58 AM

Apr 2016
lol i like how saiki let an offu out. though i don't really ship him and teruhashi. the interactions between aiura and him feel more true.
Feb 17, 2021 12:04 PM

May 2011
Vikzor30 said:

Saiki your inner Akashi is showing again.

I really think Saiki just said "Ohfu" because Teruhashi said she is true to herself and he knows she isn't.

Finally someone got it.
~In this world there are no heroes, only monsters that we create ourselves~
~Heroes always show up late~

Mar 1, 2021 12:52 PM

Mar 2019
Saiki reigning supreme over the food chain until he meets his mother.
That endinggg, Saiki has just said "Oh"!! I'm actually curious if the next episode is a continuation of this ending.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 28, 2021 7:38 AM
Jun 2021
WARNING: Long explanation for the “offu” part

For anyone who is wondering why Saiki said “offu” in the end and making excuse that it isn’t legitimate. 2 things first:

First he didn’t said it out of annoyance, ridiculous or sarcasm
Second he didn’t said it because Teruhashi is wrong about her thoughts.

There’s 5 things to remember while watching this:
1. He was smiling and fairly pleased when Teruhashi reverted to her normal style (Here in the anime his smile is hard to see but if you check the manga his smile can be seen clearly and he even wink, go check it I’m not making this up chapter 214)

2. He was smiling when he was listening to her thoughts (same reason as above)

3. Saiki said “offu” when Teruhashi started thinking that she was perfectly his type and she didn’t need to panic and she will make Saiki say offu her OWN STYLE. (Now I will explain this. Based on Auira’s prediction Saiki’s type is “Someone with UNWAVERING VALUES and TRUE TO THEMSELVES” and we know that Auira’s predictions are 100% right. Then it basically describes Teruhashi the most. Why? First UNWAVERING VALUES, she will go as far as to eat the gross ramen to keep her image and start memorising things about her classmates so that they will like her even more and she refused to back down to any challenge and will put her every effort to keep her perfect image even at the cost of her exhaustion that even Saiki is worried of her. Second TRUE TO THEMSELVES, she is already true to herself. Why? Because she is honest to herself, she is aware of her own beauty, all she was saying in her mind is true, she has her OWN PRINCIPLES, she has her OWN VALUES, she has her OWN STYLE the “perfect pretty girl act” in her whole 16 years of life. Those two things are the reason why she said “I’ll make Saiki say offu with my OWN STYLE. Still Saiki’s type. Someone who stays TRUE TO THEMSELVES and NEVER WAVERS. That’s totally me. Ahh I had no reason to panic. Now it’s just a matter of time” She said she will make him say offu her OWN STYLE which surprisingly he did but she didn’t think it was real. It seems that there’s people who say that she is wrong and that she is not true to herself I’ll explain that further below.)

4. Saiki put his hand in his mouth and his face looked like he regret saying it after he said it. (You can see it on his face that he regret saying it. That means Teruhashi is absolutely right. She really was Saiki’s type and Saiki himself didn’t know that and he was caught off guard and he ended up saying it. Remember Auira’s predictions are 100% right. Not to mention THIS is the first time he spoke in the manga with his MOUTH. That was huge. That means Teruhashi was really his type and he slipped himself up out of surprise. This also means that Saiki likes Teruhashi the way she is and how she acts and he’s fine with that, that’s why he was smiling when she goes back at her normal style. This means Saiki accepts her personality even though it is narcissistic and far from beautiful. Saiki said offu because she was absolutely right)

5. Saiki spoke with his mouth for the first time in the manga (He said offu with his mouth which is really huge because he only talks telepathy. He was so surprised he said it with is mouth)

Conclusion: Saiki said “offu” because Teruhashi is absolutely right that she was totally his type and she spelled it out in front of his face which surprise him. This also means that Saiki likes her the way she is and she didn’t need to change her style because he likes it way better with her own style.

Now for the arguments:
1. Saiki said that out of annoyance, sarcasm and ridiculous.
-No. Saiki was smiling when she revert to her normal self and while listening to her thoughts it wasn’t clear here in the anime but it was clear in the manga and our man even winks. He said offu while listening to her and after that his face looked like he regret saying it. If it was out of sarcasm, annoyance or ridiculous then he wouldn’t smile and his face wouldn’t look like he regret saying it if that was the case and he wouldn’t speak with us mouth. Why would you regret it if you said it out of annoyance, sarcasm or ridiculous?

2. Saiki said that out of surprise.
-Yes. Because Teruhashi is absolutely right she was totally his type and he slipped himself up. That’s why his face looked like he regrets saying it.

3. Saiki said that because Teruhashi is wrong. She was never true to herself.
-No. Teruhashi wasn’t wrong and I already gave the reasons above. She is true to herself. Her “perfect pretty girl act” is her true self and style. That’s why she said she will make him say offu her OWN STYLE. DO NOT mistake TRUE TO THEMSELVES and TRUE TO OTHERS. Maybe you’re thinking she was never true to herself because she was always acting as a perfect pretty girl even though she was not. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG. Her perfect pretty girl act is her OWN style, her OWN values, her OWN principles. I repeat DO NOT MISTAKE IT TO BEING TRUE TO OTHERS. Being TRUE TO OTHERS means being completely honest to others. That means she needs to drop her pretty girl act and be honest with others and show her real self. I bet that’s what you’re thinking right that’s why she was never true to herself? Then you are WRONG. It wouldn’t make sense for Saiki to only like her if she only became completely honest to others and drop her perfect pretty girl act. You know why? Because it would make him the BIGGEST HYPOCRITE in the series. You never wonder why Saiki never called her out for being fake and always acting? Because he himself is fake and always acting. His “I want to be average and normal act” is just the same as her “perfect pretty girl act”. They’re both acting and hiding there true selves. Saiki only liking her if she became honest to others would make him a hypocrite. Saiki hating her fake act would also make him a hypocrite. That is the difference between true to themselves and true to others. And lastly like the reason I gave above, he wouldn’t smile, he wouldn’t spoke and his face wouldn’t look like he regret saying it if she was wrong just as you think. She was absolutely right and he said it out of surprise.)
Jul 7, 2021 6:08 AM

May 2018
So Kaidou's brother was the true main character the whole time... scary

and lol gyaru Kokomi is the strangest thing ever
Jul 17, 2021 11:42 PM

Aug 2016
SAIKI ACTUALLY SAID "OH".

WAS IT FOR TERUHASHI???? I DON'T KNOW BUT I GOT EXCITED!!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Similar Anime?

Katrinajran - Jul 26, 2022

27 by JVskunkape »»
Jan 7, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2018

66 by falko92 »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) 2 Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

44 by ilovezeke »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:58 PM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

63 by senekohan »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2018

71 by hanyuhi16 »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.