Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 30, 2017 3:36 AM

Dec 2015
SnK is for summer 2018 and now Free!! I can feel a better summer season than 2017. :3

set by taiyaki

Oct 30, 2017 3:37 AM

Feb 2013
Faederwulf said:
Ritshiro said:

Why do you even judge something you haven't seen, I wonder

I've seen enough of it to judge it.

Yeah, whatever. I guess just seeing a bunch of gifs or images gives you everything you have to know about a story now *sigh*
Oct 30, 2017 3:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
And to think I thought KyoAni were finally about to become a good studio again after Kobayashi-san but rip
Oct 30, 2017 3:52 AM

Apr 2012
Stark700 said:
Kyoto Animation has quite a bit of projects next year by the looks of it now. First time they produced a third season from what I remember. Interesting..
what is Full Metal Panic
Oct 30, 2017 3:56 AM

Mar 2014
The second season was mediocre but I'm still hyped

BRING ON THAT GAY SHIT KYOANI
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 30, 2017 5:09 AM
Jun 2014
Yes! Now to wait for Yuri on Ice S2 announcement...
Oct 30, 2017 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
I'll only be happy to see more of my favorite boys Haru and Sousuke.
Oct 30, 2017 5:18 AM

Feb 2017
Idk about apeal of sport shirtless men. If it profitable, then its ok but dont over use it.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 30, 2017 5:24 AM

Sep 2017
WHERE IS HYOUKA SEASON 2? ARE YOU SERIOUS KYOANI!!!
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 30, 2017 5:26 AM

Jul 2013
Still next summer.... I hope it will be as great as Eternal Summer :)
Oct 30, 2017 5:29 AM

Mar 2017
Omkar_Nagwade said:
*sigh* They Could've made a new season of Dragon Maid or Hibike. But instead they are making this ー_ー

implying that dragon maid isn't as shit as free.

come, you sweet hour of death
Oct 30, 2017 5:49 AM

Mar 2015
hope it will be about college life
Oct 30, 2017 5:54 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
I wasn't saying anything about how it made them a lot of money since the entire fujoshi crowd threw all the money at the merchandise for it. That point just means that KyoAni are greedy money-hungry people and put out shows that'll guarantee them revenue rather giving more quality franchises another go. If Free! was a halfway decent show, I'd have no problem with it, but since it panders way too much to fujos it's more than earned my ire. But that's the opinion of a hetero male who's more excited for a 4th season of Highschool DxD than a 3rd season of Free!

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NexuOct 30, 2017 3:54 PM

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Oct 30, 2017 6:11 AM

Dec 2014
If 50% Off was still a thing I could find this exciting.
But since it's not.
RIp.
Oct 30, 2017 6:28 AM

Jan 2010
YASSSSSSSSSSSSS
Here take all my money KyoAni!!!!!!!!
I'm always up for more Makoto~! <3

I'm so ready for some Makoharu and Sourin!! Don't disappoint KyoAni!!

That point just means that KyoAni are greedy money-hungry people and put out shows that'll guarantee them revenue.

Who aren't greedy money-hungry people in business~?
I call it smart decision by KyoAni profit-wise! Nothing surprising there

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
NexuOct 30, 2017 3:55 PM
Oct 30, 2017 6:33 AM

Jan 2013
So fucking many series to look forward to in 2018, I'm crying ;-;
Oct 30, 2017 6:48 AM

Nov 2014
I mean, Free! is my third favorite KyoAni show and was single-handedly responsible for getting me into anime...but do we really need three seasons and all those movies? I get that the series is a big moneymaker for everyone involved tho, so whatever.

I'll still watch it of course.
#NichijouSeason2Never
Oct 30, 2017 7:13 AM

Aug 2013
XquisiteWig said:
Oh look, a load of people judging Free! again without having actually watched it! What a surprise! -_-

IKR. The first two seasons were great. I'm a straight male, and I'm hype!
Oct 30, 2017 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
EratiK said:
Stark700 said:
Kyoto Animation has quite a bit of projects next year by the looks of it now. First time they produced a third season from what I remember. Interesting..
what is Full Metal Panic

Last I checked, they produced two seasons (not including the OVAs):
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid.

The upcoming fourth season isn't by Kyoto Animation studio. So yeah, it's their first time making a third TV series.
Oct 30, 2017 7:16 AM
Mar 2010
OmegaOtaku said:

I wasn't saying anything about how it made them a lot of money since the entire fujoshi crowd threw all the money at the merchandise for it. That point just means that KyoAni are greedy money-hungry people and put out shows that'll guarantee them revenue rather giving more quality franchises another go. If Free! was a halfway decent show, I'd have no problem with it, but since it panders way too much to fujos it's more than earned my ire. But that's the opinion of a hetero male who's more excited for a 4th season of Highschool DxD than a 3rd season of Free!

Hmm, but for years and years there were only shows, at least the majority, were shows that pandered a lot to male otaku. I think it's fair that female otaku get their share. And it hasn't overstayed its welcome if it still makes money for KyoAni. And besides, KyoAni has done shows other than Free!. Chuu2 is getting a new movie, and Hibike too. Violet Evergarden is something that can be enjoyed by everyone, right?

Also, you're looking at Free! from your perspective. For you it may not be quality, but for many others here, it is.

Since we're on this topic, I'll answer your question about the other shows you mentioned. Nichijou, Hyouka and Maid Dragon - these are not shows owned by KyoAni so they don't have the right to decide whether the show gets a season 2 or not. They're owned by Kadokawa and other companies so it's not KyoAni's fault if they don't get second seasons.

P.S You seem to be highly upset by this news, but please don't blame the fujoshi or female otaku. They're only supporting the shows they love.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 30, 2017 7:29 AM

Nov 2007
Nachtwandler_21 said:
shanimebib said:

You have to understand that unlike Free! neither of the two titles are owned by KyoAni. Besides Free! is one of the biggest franchise of KyoAni. It's anime like Free! or Chuunibyou that would generate the revenue to take up projects like Maid Dragon in the future. Although I adored Maid Dragon, I was actually worried that it might enter red. Luckily it didn't.

To put it into perspective, compare the discs sold per volume for first season:
Free! 29.1 K
Chuunibyou 15.7K
Hibike! 8.3K
Maid Dragon 3.5K

Although there are other factors involved which are often disregarded, for instances production budget, manpower used, third party/ outsourcing (not usually applicable for KyoAni as they produce anime in house), IP, TV airing slot, TV stations involved, online broadcasting, licensing, merchandises, events, theatre releases and so on.

Sales aside, Free! and Chuunibyou are owned by KyoAni. The entire profit goes to their pocket. Hibike! is owned by Takarajima. Maid Dragon is owned by Monthly Action. That itself is a bigger reason for KyoAni to go for Free! and Chuunibyou over Hibike! and Maid Dragon. However, Hibike! actually had a significant profit margin. On top of that, all of the events were basically sold out. Also, the production value allowed KyoAni to add 5 mins of new content and release recap movies in the theatres, adding more monetary values to the franchise. I think these prompted KyoAni to announce not only one but two new movies in 2018, excluding the fact that the people involved with the production of Hibike!, including a couple of renowned ones, said they loved working on it like nothing else in their career.

Unfortunately for Maid Dragon, none of these apply. I doubt whether there would ever be any sequel. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Basically the same as above.

I heard that KyoAni bought rights for Euphonimum from the previous publisher actually. Was this information incorrect?

Yes. It is incorrect. The IP is still under Takarajima and Takeda Ayano. However, Takeda Ayano confirmed that she would love to collaborate with KyoAni while working on the story, taking inputs from them.

I never saw so much efforts being put for a TV series by KyoAni in the past. They even released a promotional of the wind orchestra version earlier today in their official youtube channel.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 30, 2017 8:30 AM

Jul 2009
Perfect timing! A continuation is needed!
Oct 30, 2017 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
I can't wait!! I want view Free s3 now
Oct 30, 2017 8:38 AM

Feb 2012
Wow this stuff turned from a meme advertisement for some water to a full on franchise.

I didn't know they had those timeless movies as well, matter of fact what's a timeless movie anyways, it doesn't say its a recap.
Oct 30, 2017 9:29 AM
Feb 2012
OmegaOtaku said:
(Nichijou, Hyouka, Maid Dragon etc.) and a series that fits into a certain demographic, no less, rather one that can be enjoyed by all makes me salty?

Dragon Maid can by enjoyed by all? Whatever man, that was one of the least enjoyable, shitty anime ever. It's only not their worst because sadly Phantom World and Amagi exist.
Oct 30, 2017 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
And I came back and damn ._. what the fuck happened here.
ahneeme said:
OmegaOtaku said:
(Nichijou, Hyouka, Maid Dragon etc.) and a series that fits into a certain demographic, no less, rather one that can be enjoyed by all makes me salty?

Dragon Maid can by enjoyed by all? Whatever man, that was one of the least enjoyable, shitty anime ever. It's only not their worst because sadly Phantom World and Amagi exist.

I don't agree with that but that's really regarding on taste to be honest.
Oct 30, 2017 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
Yesssss
Oh baby yesssssss

although I wouldn’t mind Hyouka S2 by 2019 either KyoAni u plebs
Oct 30, 2017 10:22 AM

Oct 2017
i never expected this show to get so popular ! Like don't get me wrong I really enjoyed to show when it started and I'm looking forward to streaming the new movie later when it pops up somewhere online but to go from a commercial(?) that nobody thought was going to go anywhere to a full blown series with 3 seasons 3(?) movies and a bunch of specials is pretty extraordinary !!
Oct 30, 2017 11:05 AM

Jun 2016
Idk how to feel about this, but sure I'll still watch it because of Makoto. Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 30, 2017 11:14 AM

Sep 2014
Ramkec said:
Wow this stuff turned from a meme advertisement for some water to a full on franchise.

I didn't know they had those timeless movies as well, matter of fact what's a timeless movie anyways, it doesn't say its a recap.

Two Timeless Medley movies are recaps of the 2nd season with new added scenes.

In the meanwhile, I am still observing how anime year 2018 just gets more and more powerful, ohohohoho!
Yes, this franchise is one of my favs, and I'm happy LIKE DAMN.
People are asking what this season could be about. Well, there're many potential things to cover:
- Haru, Makoto and Rin's studying/pro paths;
- Asahi, Ikuya, Natsuya, Nao's studying/pro paths;
- Iwatobi Hiigh School SC activities (Rei, Nagisa, Gou plotline);
- Samezuka Academy SC activities (Ai, Momo plotline);
- Sousuke's daily life outside of all of this *tears up*
If all of these things are taken in pieces and compiled together into one season, it can make it up.
OR:
- a new story with new characters (new people in Iwatobi HSSC?), but idk.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NexuOct 30, 2017 3:58 PM
Oct 30, 2017 11:26 AM

Oct 2016
Ehhhhh... I don't know what to feel about this. Season 2's ending was really, really well done, and even as someone that hates fujo's with a passion, Free! is one of the better shows, up there with Haikyuu! and Kuroko no Basket. So I guess I am slightly excited? I get that it's one of KyoAni's best selling franchises, but S2's ending was super good and a bit conclusive too. Nevertheless, I'll be looking forward to it. Maybe we'll see some more character development as well!

But I have to say... With the amount of bigger shows that are in development for 2018, there are going to be some flops. Things that will be disappointments. The only question is: which show will suffer?

Not to be a buzzkill, just a thought. I hope KyoAni does well!
Oct 30, 2017 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
I'm so excited for this, it's going to be great!! Finally, Free! is back :D
Oct 30, 2017 12:07 PM

Jul 2015
kyoani keep wasting their animation
Oct 30, 2017 1:13 PM

Jul 2012
lol @ people calling it fujobait without even watching the entire show

I've mentioned this enough but I only watched the first season to hate on this Anime. I was never a girl who liked fanservice/manservice/yaoi in the first place. And I ended up thinking: "Oh, it has substance. The characters are actually okay, there's a purpose to this series other than the hot guys and gay baiting." I gave season 1 a mere 7/10. It was decent. But season 2 is when it actually showed how good it could get. It's a show that goes beyond just boys swimming and friendships and stuff. Free! is the Anime that made me start watching any type of "manservice" anime because it proved that you can have good story even if it has a shit ton of eyecandy.

K-ON is actually good though. I've seen K-ON and Hyouka. Nichijou I've seen a bit and I know it's a comedy that has exaggerated animation. But you can get a K-ON from any other studio. You don't need KyoAni. But can you get a Free! without KyoAni? Nah. Kuroko no Basuke is just not the same as well as Yuri on Ice. There are many differences.
MayukaOct 30, 2017 5:39 PM
Oct 30, 2017 1:19 PM

Jan 2010
me_here_me_there said:
In the meanwhile, I am still observing how anime year 2018 just gets more and more powerful, ohohohoho!
People are asking what this season could be about. Well, there're many potential things to cover:
If all of these things are taken in pieces and compiled together into one season, it can make it up.
OR:

I hope it won't feature new character uwu

A combination of all of the above is gonna be great!
But I only care for more Makoto and Haru development! (Their college life??!!)
(also Sousuke.................) and Rin....

I hope the focus would still on Haru/Makoto/Rin
or I wouldn't mind Makoto alone as the main focus lol
Oct 30, 2017 1:29 PM

Sep 2014
Shicchi said:
me_here_me_there said:
OR:

I hope it won't feature new character uwu

A combination of all of the above is gonna be great!
But I only care for more Makoto and Haru development! (Their college life??!!)
(also Sousuke.................) and Rin....

I hope the focus would still on Haru/Makoto/Rin
or I wouldn't mind Makoto alone as the main focus lol

*shakes your hand as a fellow Makoto-obsessed yandere*
I like how all the people who are glad about this news are interested in MAINLY Makoto's plotline and not really anyone else's. xDDDD But hey, the baby deserves it.
Now I do tend to think that KyoAni will announce 5 seasons of Free more, and one of them will eventually contain a MakoHaru wedding. Can't be surprised about anything at this point. 8,DDD
Oct 30, 2017 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
me_here_me_there said:
OR:

Wait, Rin is studying with Haru and Makoto? GURL I NEED TO REWATCH ASAP.
NO PLS, no new characters. We want the same, it’s okay if we get a guess characters.
Oct 30, 2017 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
i'm looking forward to it
Oct 30, 2017 1:35 PM

Sep 2014
Yaoi-Senpai said:
me_here_me_there said:
OR:

NO PLS, no new characters. We want the same, it’s okay if we get a guess characters.

Spoiler/reminder:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
NexuOct 30, 2017 4:01 PM
Oct 30, 2017 1:47 PM
Jul 2018
me_here_me_there said:
Yaoi-Senpai said:

Spoiler/reminder:

Awww, thank god. Yes, you are right, maybe he will come back to Tokyo. But Makoharu is real, I hope they goes officially.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
NexuOct 30, 2017 4:02 PM
Oct 30, 2017 2:04 PM

Jul 2016
Great, that's happiness my dudeeeee
Oct 30, 2017 2:48 PM

Sep 2016
Wasting their talent on this.......pshhh yeah no, if it keeps making money they gonna milk the shit out of this franchise. More money, more projects like Violet Evergarden! A lot of negativity for this franchise i dont know why. My guess is people hate hot guys doing swimming or something XD.

Either way good news for the fanbase!

And to people who are asking for Maid Dragon S2 instead of this, last time heard there is not enough material for a S2. So best bet is to read the manga or hope that KyoAni somehow buys the manga and get ownership of the title.

NexuOct 30, 2017 4:02 PM
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Oct 30, 2017 3:11 PM

Sep 2012
I wonder what new boring, inconsequential, contrived non-events they're gonna embarrassingly try to spin into deep, emotional, heartfelt, riveting pulse-pounding tear-inducing drama.

It's all forgivable though. The immense butthurt this show creates is justification enough for its existence.

And the doujins.
Oct 30, 2017 3:17 PM

Sep 2015
Never been so hyped for another season of an anime in my life, I am so happy about this! <3
Oct 30, 2017 4:04 PM

Jun 2016
Thread cleaned, please remember to stay on topic.
Oct 30, 2017 4:07 PM

Feb 2014
oooo wasnt expecting this to happen !!! even if its cash grab idc im hype
Oct 30, 2017 5:38 PM

Jun 2015
This was an unexpected announcement, and I don't see why so many people are so mad about it, since next year is stacked with shows by KyoAni. We are still getting Violet Evergarden and two Hibike Euphonium movies. There's also the Chuunibyou movie and Tsurune (I don't really have much expectations for this but seeing it will most likely be directed by Takemoto, I'll check it out). I may have wanted a Rikka Marching Band adaptation but we're still getting the two Eupho movies, and who knows, it may happen eventually given KyoAni's strong investment in the franchise.

Also, Utsumi is no longer with KyoAni and has since gone freelance, and is slated to work on an adaptation of Banana Fish with MAPPA. It's also a KyoAni/Do production. We will most likely have the director who worked on the Timeless Medley and Take Your Marks movies to work on this, though I haven't seen them, I am actually intrigued in what direction this new season will go. Free by no means is the best show they've put out, but its first two seasons were serviceable fun.
Oct 30, 2017 5:41 PM

Aug 2015
Hmm.. This is unexpected...

2018 is really frightening...

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Oct 30, 2017 5:54 PM

Jan 2014
@ashcash99 Hey look your favorite show.

Hereditus said:
Why have a new season of gay swimmers when we can have a new season of gay musicians?

...Lol, I see what you did there.

NexuOct 31, 2017 6:59 AM

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 30, 2017 6:29 PM

Nov 2011
All I can say is I hope it motivates the creators of 50% off to make more content

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

16 by jorel262 »»
4 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by deg »»
Today, 4:45 AM

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.