Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2009 3:47 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yea, so Jamaicon, is dead, I didn't like him anyway. The G-Defenser is awesome, it pretty much makes the Mark 2 a Mobile Armor like the Zeta. The cannon she got from it is a beast, and I'm assuming that's Katz new job, to fly the Core Flyer and connect with Emma in the Mark 2 during battles. And Char's coming back to space!!!! I just want Char/Kamille/Amuro all fighting together side by side in a MS fight, that would be so epic!!! Gotta watch more!! Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
MrHatandClogsMay 27, 2009 3:54 PM
Oct 18, 2009 8:40 AM

Feb 2009
Great episode, G-Defenser really gave a boost to the Mark II, now Emma got an incredible weapon, that cannon is tight!
Dec 28, 2009 10:49 AM

Jan 2009
Everyone taking off when they are not suppose to is starting to really get on my nerves...>.>
Jan 6, 2010 3:39 PM

Jul 2008
katz once again taking the initiative when he shouldn't, wonder what that old battleship was doing there?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 1, 2010 3:01 PM

May 2008
Great battle, Katz finally did something usefull though it was reckless again~
G-Defenser is just awsome~
I wanna see Char in action already, it's been a while~
Aug 17, 2010 9:55 PM

Sep 2009
I like that Yuzuan fellow now.
He killed off his superior in true Gundam badguy fashion.
Dec 5, 2010 10:44 PM

Dec 2007
What a powerful episode this was, or rather, what a powerful series this has been so far. It's just so damned good. The single greatest mecha anime of all time I would argue, and this is only the half-way point!
Apr 11, 2011 12:34 AM
Jul 2010
My suspension of disbelief is wearing thin on the gundam hijacking. How many times can this stuff happen before security software, guards, or even doorlocks are implemented to keep people out? I keep trying to disregard it as a trivial concern, but the bulk of the plot is driven by that single action repeated by everyone.

Come to think of it, a sensible action is hard to come across in Gundam. In this episode alone: Emma abandoned her Gundam in plain sight while enemies circled around, resulting in a hostage situation with her at gunpoint; Katsu stole a Gundam unauthorized and would have died if not for Kamille's superpowers; trained military officers let kids pilot flying space tanks again; and Bright realized that because Kamille was mature enough not to be slapped, and since effective command is unnecessary in the face of deus ex machina, Bright himself was no longer necessary.
Jul 26, 2011 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
At 16:18. Indeed, Sunrise-produced mobile suits are tougher than they look.
Nov 21, 2011 9:10 PM

Jun 2008
one thing that bothered me: the man who agreed to Yazan's plan
Dec 15, 2011 8:13 PM

Jun 2009
Luthimal said:
My suspension of disbelief is wearing thin on the gundam hijacking. How many times can this stuff happen before security software, guards, or even doorlocks are implemented to keep people out? I keep trying to disregard it as a trivial concern, but the bulk of the plot is driven by that single action repeated by everyone.

Come to think of it, a sensible action is hard to come across in Gundam. In this episode alone: Emma abandoned her Gundam in plain sight while enemies circled around, resulting in a hostage situation with her at gunpoint; Katsu stole a Gundam unauthorized and would have died if not for Kamille's superpowers; trained military officers let kids pilot flying space tanks again; and Bright realized that because Kamille was mature enough not to be slapped, and since effective command is unnecessary in the face of deus ex machina, Bright himself was no longer necessary.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Great post.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 27, 2013 8:46 PM
Apr 2008
My suspension of disbelief is also wearing thin, but only for this episode. I could definitely tell that the director had the Katz/Emma/Kamille hostage scenario planned out ahead and needed a way to shoehorn that idea in.

However, I disagree on the hijacking thing: Katz is a pilot, and they are a part of an army on an allied battleship with allied mobile suits: should a pilot be absent for any reason, a replacement must be available right away. I imagine the security is similar to real-word tanks and fighter jets for the very same reason of convenience outweighing security.

On the issue of the hostage situation, it did NOT make sense for Katz or Adol to leave their vehicles, but it made complete sense for Emma to, as she knew for a fact that Katz was in danger and that he ejected from his plane; we also see from previous episodes that she's very attached to Katz and she wouldn't abandon him so easily. Though it is a risk leaving her mobile suit isolated in the middle of the battlefield, I would imagine that she found gambling on the chance to save Katz to be a worthwhile trade-off.
May 17, 2013 4:17 PM

Nov 2011
Sabinlerose said:

Oh man. That part was awesome. Good-bye, Jama-whatever.

Char's coming back? Did I really hear that? Oh please!
Aug 1, 2013 4:08 AM

Oct 2008
Great episode. Jamaican is dead, Char is on his way back, the Titans really are traitors who are cooperating with Zeon (apparently).
Nov 2, 2013 10:29 PM

Mar 2013
Yazaaaaan
Nov 10, 2013 10:39 PM

Sep 2008
Yay, Emma is owning with her new gun. Katz even did something useful. :O

But why they need to dock that new weapon to MK2 in space instead of putting it on on the base?
Feb 3, 2014 11:27 PM
Aug 2011
Jamaican and his forfivehead were blasted away.

Also, this series needs more Lieutenant Quattro.
Feb 16, 2014 10:20 AM

Oct 2013
I wanted at least hear Lieutenant Quattro comment about the Zeon old battleship.
Mar 6, 2014 10:19 AM

Sep 2013
I'm liking this, Zeta Gundam is exactly what I wanted MSG 0079 to be. Characters are slightly more realistic, which makes me care about them even a little, unlike in 0079.

This series has had, at least for these first two installments, some really weak writing indeed. The Gundam hijacking is ridiculous.

But I don't really mind, because watching this is simply fun. Especially now that I have a fever, Gundam is perfect for wasting time. It doesn't require that much focus to stay fun.
Jul 6, 2014 7:20 PM

Jul 2009
Another Amazing episode

But yes another stupid hijacking once again by Katz. I understand that Kamille and Amuro use to be like that, but seriously Katz has no skill watsoever. He should be "Bright Slapped" multiple times once again for acting out of the line.

Henken making a move for Emma :P

And lol did Yazan touch that young cadet's balls?!?! XD

Yazan is voiced by Hochu Otsuka as i guessed it :)

Seems Kamille is slowly turning into Amuro. Eben sensing the same things the way he does back in the "One Year War"

As for Emma leaving Gundam Mk. II, you do know that he ordered one of the Nemo's to guard it. She even mentions to that officer Adol that he couldn't take it since it's been heavily guarded by it.

Though Katz going in is just him being stupid and careless as ever. At least he was able to save Kamille in time.

The G-Defenser reminds me of Core Fighter from Gundam 079 :)

Even has a similar docking mode as well :)

Yazan is pretty strong. Even without mental pressure he excels in his skills alone.

Glad Jamaican guy got owned badly. Shame Jerid won't be able to make him bow to him, but at least he's now dead.

I hope to see Yazan soon in the battlefield!

So that Zeon warship is from the last episode of Gundam 079. I actually thought it would be Char's ship from the first episode.

I can't wait to see Char and Amuro back in action!!!

Can't wait for the next episode!!
May 17, 2015 3:01 AM

Apr 2013
Katz is the worst.

Sabinlerose said:

Best part of the ep.
Jun 1, 2015 4:49 PM

Nov 2013
I'm sorry, but wasn't this anime written by "kill 'em all" Tomino? Katz plot armor is absurd! He should have died at least three times by now!
Aug 25, 2015 5:39 PM
May 2015
Sabinlerose said:

Yeah that was great. And he's so strong without any newtype powers, just pure skill.
Nov 15, 2015 9:24 PM

Nov 2012
Jamaican dead,finally!
Sabinlerose said:
I like that Yuzan fellow now.
Mar 20, 2016 7:21 PM
Nov 2015
Wasn't enjoying this episode at all until Yuzan cued Jamican up for disposal, which was the coolest. I'm ready for Katz to die now, I've been ok with Fa and Kamille has grown on me, but Katz just annoys me more and more. Even his "saving" of Kamille only needed to happen because his blundering into the old mobile suit distracted Kamille from the fight.
Apr 23, 2016 10:22 AM

Dec 2015
Another episode that felt random until they mentionned Zeon remnants among Titans. What?! The man who used the Zeon survivors threat as an excuse to found his Titans corp and to expand his influence on the Federation government has deliberately let those same "ennemies" infiltrate his militia?? O_o Is he insane? Then... is this Sirocco a Zeon guy since he has an hidden agenda?

Katz is absolutely annoying, if only they could help this brat to become a better pilot instead of trying to keep him away (thus pushing him to hijack every available unit)
Emma's Gundam MkII upgrade is welcome, it's nice having an important female (Gundam) pilot.
Camille has slowly become a better person: there was no lame sermon toward an ennemy in order to hide his "murders". His NT sixth sense is growing in parallel to his actual skills, now he looks less cheap compared to Amuro.
Jamaican was so antipathetic he was killed by one of his men. Glad I wasn't the only one thinking he was stupid xD

I don't know why but the episode seemed prettier than usual.

4/5
Rei_IIIApr 23, 2016 10:29 AM
Jun 2, 2016 11:41 PM

May 2016
"Next time you take off on your own, I'm sending you to the brig."

How about a bullet between the eyes, captain? Not because Katz deserves it or because you want him to die, but because keeping him on the ship at this point is a foolproof plan to get everyone else killed.
Lease_of_LifeJun 2, 2016 11:44 PM
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West
Nov 7, 2016 6:06 AM

Nov 2011
A great episode, quite raw and realistic. The fighting protracted long, but it is exciting, as it is the clash between Kamille and Yazan. Drawings better than usual, but some trimming, interesting innovations that are gradually pitted during every episode. Let's salute to an old reminiscence of Zeon, even at that idiot Jamaican.
Nov 13, 2016 2:33 PM

Feb 2008
Yazan is now officially the best character... On another note, Bright really ought to take the question of discipline a lot more seriously.
Nov 17, 2016 4:44 PM

Jun 2013
Glad to finally be able to watch more Zeta after being too busy!
Very good episode!
Feb 5, 2017 2:44 AM

Jan 2015
Anyone else think this episode highlighted a fatal flaw in ship design? It's a space ship, why would you need windows on the bridge to look out of and put the bridge at the front to make it the most vulnerable part?
Mar 1, 2017 8:27 AM

May 2012
Another pretty intense episode if you ask me! Quite some interesting development as well story wise that is. Looking forward to see what's next!
Jan 24, 2018 6:46 PM

Feb 2012
This is easily my favorite episode yet. There was a clear increase in the quality of the animation in this episode. There were some impressive shots and sequences that are better than anything shown so far in this anime outside the OPs. Yazan has been a real shot to the arm for the antagonists. He showed himself to be better than Kamille in this episode, with the lucky save from Katz that prevented Kamille from dying. Yazan also showed how crafty he was by successfully fragging Jamaican. I really like haw Yazan isn't a newtype, so his fights can just be pure action.

Kamille Bidan Kill Count:
2 Hizack Kills this episode
37 Kills total
Phaetons_FollyJan 24, 2018 7:49 PM
Jan 26, 2018 2:47 PM

May 2015
Glad Jamaicon is gone, you won’t be missed.

On a side note:
is getting pretty ridiculous how lenient the higher ups are with Katz. *Facepalm*
Sep 25, 2018 2:18 PM

Nov 2016
Yazan was absolutely savage here.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 2, 2019 4:29 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
You reap what you sow, Jamaican.

For some reason, I don’t find Katz annoying like everyone else does.
Sep 16, 2019 12:33 PM

Apr 2014
why is it that no one still havent hit katz yet.... everyone else always getting hit but him he doesnt is some bs not to mention how lucky he seems to be

other than katz it was a nice ep even if kazz got lucky and was able to help out
"one step at a time"
Jun 4, 2020 7:10 PM
May 2020
I dont like how this show is inserting random as hell plot points with no real explnation. So now the Titans employ Zeon members? The previous episodes leaking of information was actually due to sirocco hating Jamaican for how he treated him and wanted revenge? Guess I'll see how the former plot point develops, but I just dont like how random this show feels.
Jun 5, 2020 3:25 PM

Aug 2017
Wait, did Yazan grapple the other guy below the belt for no reason? o_O

Noticed a scrap of metal saying "made in Sunrise" during the battle scene near the abandoned Zeon ship, neat.

By the way, if I were on Emma's place, I'd just shoot the guy threatening Katz, no way he could've stabbed him with a knife fater than a bullet would reach him.

Katz did a great job saving Kamille during the battle, but can we agree that the real MVP was Yazan with his plan to get rid of Jamaican? xD

By the way, I think the animation in this episode was a bit more "wild" during battle scenes. The faces and all that were more expressive and just better overall.
St0rmbladeJun 5, 2020 3:30 PM
Mar 2, 2021 9:13 AM

Aug 2017
Finally Jamaican is dead, such an annoying character. I'm sad Adon is dead, he has a cute design.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 22, 2021 3:44 AM

Oct 2012
I knew what Yazan was going for the moment he was hovering right in front of the bridge with Jamaican in it. That fool should have moved the ship, but I guess he didn't expect betrayal on this level. Won't miss him.

Katz is pretty annoying. I don't even mind these solitude actions THAT much, since it suits these kinds of stories well and often results in some cool dramatic action, but Katz barely had any reason to go that far other than wanting to be useful. And heck, he just recently freed an enemy spy, did everyone just forget about that?

At least he ended up doing something useful in the end instead of making it harder for everyone else, so that's good.

Love the G-Defenser, it's a cool weapon.
Nov 1, 2021 9:33 PM

Feb 2017
Still got no idea what that sparkly stuff at the end of the OP is supposed to be, lol.

Oct 6, 2022 3:38 PM
Dec 2015
BVerfG said:
Anyone else think this episode highlighted a fatal flaw in ship design? It's a space ship, why would you need windows on the bridge to look out of and put the bridge at the front to make it the most vulnerable part?

Yeah I agree. I think it's kind of a cheap weapon. Like in MSG matilda died just because a mobile suite used a beam saber. Why use any strategy when you can just run to the big ship and use the saber. Makes me wonder why they didn't properly attack the white base with that. Didn't Char's right hand man of MSG died for the same reason?
Oct 5, 2023 1:47 AM
Jan 2017
The usual Emma being dumb, Said be quiet Emma while watching. Katz saved the day thou being awesome, Spoiler: the ship exploding at the end made no sense. Beautiful as always thou
Oct 27, 2023 12:34 AM
Oct 2023
Yazan is more formidable than i thought. A good enemy to root against. Competent, but still loathsome enough that youre not on his side.

Bye bye Jamaican. You wont be missed.

And Zeons back. But why would Space-Supremacy fascists work with Earth-Supremacy fascists? And its the Republic of Zeon, not the Axis, right? So theyre not even fascist remnants? But even then, why would an entirely space-based republic work with Earth-Supremacists? Im certainly interested to see where this goes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 7, 2008

69 by Cazqui-09 »»
Yesterday, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 7, 2008

54 by Cazqui-09 »»
May 10, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cantius - Aug 29, 2009

53 by Cazqui-09 »»
May 10, 4:37 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 7, 2008

65 by Cazqui-09 »»
May 10, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jun 6, 2008

93 by Cazqui-09 »»
May 10, 1:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.