Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
May 20, 2013 1:52 AM

Sep 2011
Vladz0r said:
Err it's actually Kengo, like it is in the VN. He had a similar umbrella to Mio, but in the VN Riki notices that it's Kengo, and sees his parasol. It's hard to tell in the anime.
pic:

If you look you can see Kengo's clothes and sandals.
Hope you keep enjoying the show~

They could have made it more obvious :/
May 20, 2013 12:16 PM

Sep 2012
RazielZero said:
Vladz0r said:
Err it's actually Kengo, like it is in the VN. He had a similar umbrella to Mio, but in the VN Riki notices that it's Kengo, and sees his parasol. It's hard to tell in the anime.
pic:

If you look you can see Kengo's clothes and sandals.
Hope you keep enjoying the show~

They could have made it more obvious :/

It's even less obvious why he's going there until way later.
May 20, 2013 1:05 PM

Sep 2011
Vladz0r said:

It's even less obvious why he's going there until way later.

Yeah, I thought so :/
Jun 11, 2013 8:06 AM

Jan 2013
Best episode so far.
Nice drama
Jul 16, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2013
My face is still sticky from the emotion ;-;
Really nice episode ♥
Jul 17, 2013 1:26 AM

Nov 2012
damn I'm speechless seeing komari became so sad like that.. :/

and nice riki niceee.e. XDD can see that face of komari again in the end :)
that hugging scene XD owwwwww :3

Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
However in the following,

damn this pose XD
Sep 17, 2013 9:56 PM

Feb 2012
so, here is where things become interesting.
very touching episode : )
Oct 10, 2013 2:24 AM

Aug 2012
Great episode
Oct 13, 2013 3:44 PM

Jan 2008
Bumping this up.

I'm only eight minutes in, but Komari is so emotionally damaged that she needs god damn therapy. She repressed her brother's death, broke down crying because she witness a dead cat, recall those memories and now is using Riki as a substitute to fill the void left by her brother.

This is beyond creepy. This is "She needs some god damn help". I feel sorry for her because she's been taught to avoid facing death.
Oct 29, 2013 9:17 PM

Jun 2011
xMaebaraK1x said:
Things that are supposed to be in 2~3 episodes are cramped into a single one... things are getting really rushed that I don't think it will be able to touch the anime-only viewers.
I personally cried in the VN in Komari's arc... but without the hugging scene and the over-interference of the other LB members, I feel kinda disappointed.
The animation in this episode is quite good, though the storyboard is kinda weird.

Agree. I don't know why people left and right say that it's good or well animated. People say rushed, I say true. The only one part that got my eyes a little wet is when Komari's brother coughed out blood on Komari's face, and when she woke up, he said that it's all a dream, that's the only well done part in the whole episode imho, others were just way too rushed, even for a non VN player like me could tell.

All of the sudden she recovered from that trauma? That was fast, and easy.. -.- Rushed project is rushed.

Edit: I love the little buster group! I wonder if Riki's past will ever be explored, I would sure like to see it
ToG25thBaamOct 29, 2013 9:27 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 11, 2013 8:56 AM

Jan 2012
I assume the annoying voice arc is over? Thank god.

Did feel kind of rushed though...

I'm looking forward to the purple hair softball girl the most...

don't really give a shit about anyone else tbh...

so this is supposed to be one of those tear jerker anime eh..
Nov 17, 2013 6:08 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Komari's repeating that traumatic experience over and over again is very painful to watch. At one point her parents must have not let her keep pets because they feared her past would cause her distress. Riki's idea to help Komari was very simple and effective although it did take a while.

Nov 21, 2013 11:13 AM

Mar 2008
that was some really crappy drama - if executed well it might have been able to move me but all I thought was that I don't want to hear her cry any longer anymore (because it sounds REALLY annoying..) =-=
welp, not sure what else to say..
Mar 15, 2014 1:32 AM

Aug 2013
I wasn't moved to tears nor did it tug at my heartstrings though I wouldn't say it's bad drama. I'm just kind of relieved her arc's over.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 15, 2014 6:40 PM
Jan 2014
I think I was supposed to be crying.

Oh.
moving on.
May 30, 2014 11:20 PM

Feb 2013
Holy crap, I can already tell I will be regretting not watching this anime sooner.

All of those feels.....
Jul 30, 2014 1:34 AM

Mar 2010

jk aside, this episode is not bad though. :)
Aug 4, 2014 5:39 PM

Jul 2013
Such a heartwarming episode~! Got a little teary eyed. The scenes with Komari and her brother was really cute, bit sad.
Sep 23, 2014 12:03 PM

Aug 2013
It didn't go exactly as I thought it would, but I was kinda close! As I thought, Komari had her memory reset by a trigger, precisely death. However, I believed that she was in some way responsible for his death, but he was just condemned.

That was a depressing episode. It almost made me tear a bit, but in the end, it wasn't sad enough! :3
Or maybe it's because I have a shitty fever and difficulty to concentrate...

Anyway, a lot of cute stuff, moe and hope message. It feel really Clannad-esque so far, with a bit of AnoHana. Though, Riki is nowhere as good as an MC like Tomoya...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 18, 2014 3:28 PM

May 2009
Omg.. For God's sake.. Komari: deal with it and go to therapy.
It's beyond creepy how she tries to deal with this. I am freaked out by this arc. Hopefully the story will get better soon.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 10, 2015 6:59 PM

Feb 2013
I find it weird that Komari's brother didn't wipe off the blood he coughed on Komari's cheek. What the heck man!? Looks like Komari has finally accepted her brother's death and has moved on to make more happy memories with the Little Busters. I guess Komari's arc is done. Can't wait to see the other arcs.

A new challenger approaches in the next episode! Onto the next episode!
Apr 1, 2015 7:09 AM

May 2009
An emotional episode. I'm glad Komari has moved on from her brother's death to make new happy memories with her friends!
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Apr 6, 2015 3:41 PM

Jul 2014
The feels... <3
May 24, 2015 7:12 AM
Mar 2013
Touching ending, and Rin opening up more. The one thing I don't understand is why did Kengo say Masato was uttering "dumb nonsense" when Masato was clearly trying to give Rin food to cheer her up (there's nothing dumb or idiotic about that. One of those times where I don't think he deserved to be called out like that).
Jun 25, 2015 11:27 AM

Apr 2010
What a beautiful ending.:)
Nov 2, 2015 10:16 AM

Jan 2014
Well, Komari's state was quite emotional and sad if I think about it.
Being stuck in that cycle of remembering/forgetting, always living again and again her brother's death is kind of brutal.

And then, if every death triggers this thing, then whenever a close person of her would die, she would just mourn her brother's death, whilst completely ignoring the other one's.
And then, when she'll regain her senses, she'll discover that that person died, triggering again that trauma.
I mean, what the hell! That's fucked up!

Jesus, why wouldn't anyone bring her to a good psychologist!?

Well, I guess that's all in the past now, fortunately. Riki has a future as a therapist.

PS.
Takuya was in hospital.
An hospital is meant to preserve someone's life until the very end, doing all in its power to keep one in life.
Would you explain to me how they totally kept Takuya from any form of observation?
They did just leave him like that...
He went to bed, died, and still in the morning no one seemed to ever come into his room, while his sister was with him.

And why the fudge didn't he asked for help?
Nov 28, 2015 2:29 AM

Mar 2010
Ok i liked this episode but... It was rushed at the end. First she was so traumatised and all and then riki made a book and all is good? I wish it was like that in rl life ;) no need for shrinks or psychiatrists :)

I still csnt feel anything with komari.. Her voice is bugging me too much.. Tried to look past it but it just didnt happen.

While im usually more positive about series and loving drama i dunno this just lacked something.. Some depth i guess. So i prob should start the VN someday
Dec 20, 2015 3:52 AM

Jan 2010
they seem like such a great bunch. Great episode again :D

5/5 Maeda is starting to apply his magic :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Feb 23, 2016 11:59 AM
Feb 2009
little bit of drama that has been built up for komari chan finally concluded
Jan 2, 2017 1:17 PM

Sep 2015
Dam the feels this episode... I'm glad Komari realized everything.
Jul 6, 2017 1:37 AM

Dec 2013
She got over that trauma pretty quickly. They probably should've taken her to a psychiatrist much earlier.
Jul 8, 2017 5:47 PM

Nov 2016
This episode did a better job with the drama imo, it actually managed to reach me.

I'm also happy for Komari that she has good friends by her side and was able to overcome her crisis.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 9, 2017 6:41 PM

Oct 2010
"Now you'll run with us too...."

YEAH!
Lisa Lougheed said:
When darkness falls
Leaving shadows in the night
Don't be afraid
Wipe that fear from your eyes
If a desperate love
Keeps on driving you on
Don't be afraid
You're not alone

You can run with us
We've got everything you need
Run with us
We are free

The part that got me was the chicks drawn to look like the characters. Mmm, I love that stuff.
May 19, 2018 6:58 AM

Apr 2018
Welp it was a decent arc overall 4/5
But compared to other arcs in kanon air and clannad it didn't feel quite well and emotional in both the story compartiment and the directing
The story was rushed (she healed quite fast and many thing related to the story could have been expended ) even tho its concept was nice
Anw she is best girl so far
Dec 18, 2018 7:16 AM

Mar 2018
I give this episode a 4/5

The episode was really well done, The story-line and meaning behind everything is sure to create some dramatic emotional impact, however, as many others have stated, trying to crush so much information into one short episode can take away quite a bit of it's potential.
Jan 22, 2019 1:30 PM

Apr 2013
While I'm not really into drama, this episode was still nice. Even though it wasn't filled with mostly comedy moments like the episodes before.
Mar 30, 2019 12:22 PM

Mar 2017
Damn that touching moment & shōnen citations T^T
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
May 12, 2019 1:41 AM

May 2009
So Komari loses her shit. I'm honestly not a fan of this because the reason seems kind of dumb. I do like how Riki solves the problem though. He drew a picture of an awful kappa and basically just told her yea sad things happen sometimes, but you need to get your shit together.

kappa

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jun 16, 2019 3:08 PM

Sep 2017
You know it really takes you out of it when Komari's brother is supposedly so sick that he literally dies in his sleep that night yet there is not a single doctor around and his little sister is allowed to sleep in the same bed with him. Also the next morning he's dead and there's no one around to notice lmao. This could have been built up so much better. Even showing over a couple of episodes how his sickness progressed and make it feel somewhat realistic a la YLiA.
Jun 21, 2019 3:40 PM

Aug 2014
Uhh, did anyone else think she recovered waaay too quickly?

I mean, Rikki did not even do much lmao. He drew one picture and told her to fill in the rest and said you can't forget sad things and that's basically it. That was such a fast recovery from a breakdown they played up so much.

Is the anime rushing things or is every arc as stupid as this one? Gotta say, so far it's not capturing me as others in this genre have before.
Jun 22, 2019 3:00 PM

Aug 2014
ProofByColor said:
You know it really takes you out of it when Komari's brother is supposedly so sick that he literally dies in his sleep that night yet there is not a single doctor around and his little sister is allowed to sleep in the same bed with him. Also the next morning he's dead and there's no one around to notice lmao. This could have been built up so much better. Even showing over a couple of episodes how his sickness progressed and make it feel somewhat realistic a la YLiA.

I agree with your post. Everything was rushed. The brother's sickness, her "recovery" everything was too fast and felt unrealistic and silly.
Feb 21, 2021 9:58 AM

Jun 2017
Certainly a lot more depth to these characters than it seemed at first. I love it. Even fairly sad episodes seem to leave you feeling good... sort of good, at any rate. This is already among the best "slice of life" anime I've seen. It has a good balance - so I am entertained by both the humor and the drama, but it doesn't leave me feeling extremely depressed like certain other anime in this genre...

I think I'll marathon this after work, most likely.
Jun 5, 2021 9:29 PM

Jun 2020
Pretty dark and gloomy episode and the rain just complements it

Komari looks so blank in this episode now that she remembered what really happened to her brother

I'm happy that Riki was there to save her from this mess and open her eyes to the truth and learn the acceptance of the happy and gloomy things that are happening in the world.
Jul 25, 2021 12:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Komari, but it was great from Riki to make that book, now her issue with her brother is fixed and she can enjoy life
Aug 2, 2021 10:52 PM

Jan 2020
The whole overcoming the brother obstacle was cool. Not my favorite emotional key moment and I'm expecting better in the future but this was a fine way to start off some seriousness in the series

Oct 6, 2023 10:23 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to ProofByColor
@ProofByColor
I'm pretty sure he was terminal and had been for a while, and in palliative care they are generally a bit more hands off. And if Komari was there, her parents would have been at hospital too. As for him dying with no one around, it's not uncommon for dying people to hold on until everyone is out of the room, happened to my great grandad, and my great grandmother for that matter.
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
May 4, 9:08 AM

Jan 2020
So far Little Busters has some nice ideas but the execution feels a little rough on the edges. This arc was just alright. Komari's trauma was healed like... quite too fast to feel realistic. But man her breakdown reminded me of
which felt impactful.
eblf2013May 4, 9:11 AM
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.