Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Initial D
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 7, 2012 6:56 PM

Oct 2010
Akatoki said:
Yumekichi11 said:

• I am not sure of the car in the spoiler
    but it looks to me like:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Camry_Solara
    ???? Modded and changed?

• Sorry I had to post after seeing this.... after I saw that in the OP that was like the only car that stood out to me lol

The first pic is no doubt the Honda NSX-R link here:

The 2nd and 3rd pic however, judging from the back looks more like a 370z or even a 350z more less...

370z raptor mod

Regular 350z

If you take a closer look at the 1st pic the Honda insigna is plain in sight, the back and body shape of the second and third car is about the same... comparing the 1st to the 2nd and 3rd - 2 completely different cars
    COOL! Thanks for the clear up!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
    Nov 7, 2012 9:48 PM

May 2012
    ftghb said:
    actually, going back and rereading the portion of the manga where this episode is adapted from, it seems like they left quite a lot out....

I hope they were just going out of order and that they will circle back to these things before jumping straight into the races...because for me, the appeal of the earlier stages wasnt only the races, but the portrayal of takumi actually having a life outside of his racing...

tbh

This is why I thought this preview could be a condensed ver, but well seems like it really was the full first ep.

Heres hoping they just changed the order too.

HauntingShock said:

Is it just me? or Takumi's seiyuu changed? The moment I heard his voice the first time here pissed me off tbh.

Me too. I thought so, he sounds kinda different... !! But nope, its the same seiyuu that has voiced Takumi since more than a decade ago.

rederoin said:

It has been a while since I read the manga, but I don't mind it if they skip some of the non-racing related parts though. I disliked the romantic subplot in the first, second and third stage.

In my case I look forward to the love stories and as non racing stuff, for me its as good as the racing itself.
    Nov 8, 2012 4:19 AM

Jul 2011
    YEAH IT'S BACK!!!

I felt as if I were watching the first season. I'm glad they didn't change the art characters and the cars.

AWESOME OP & ED

PS: Only 2 episodes per month will kill me!
    Nov 8, 2012 6:04 AM

Jul 2011
    that car in the ed @@
    Nov 9, 2012 6:39 AM

Nov 2010
    This must be the year of the fakers!
    Glad Initial D is back and upped the Graphical Quality as well
    Nov 9, 2012 10:45 AM

Apr 2008
    I have no problem with the character designs as I believe it's quite amusing to see different haircolors and designs every season.

The whole episode was love to me <3, have waited so long for the Fifth Stage. T_T
    I read the manga as well but the chapters are very short and it's a bit though having to see the battles picture by picture.. :/
    Nov 9, 2012 1:50 PM
    Jul 2010
    The imposters faces always cracked me up. But besides that it was an OK episode. Waiting for the races to begin.
    Nov 11, 2012 2:47 PM

Dec 2008
    Definitely worth the wait, Fifth Stage looks very promising. Takumi is cold as ever. xD
    Nov 14, 2012 1:23 AM

May 2011
    Initial D is BACK, BABY!!

And that girl who slap Takumi (Hayami Saori!?) must be hot there.
    Nov 14, 2012 3:16 AM

Oct 2012
    The art looked a bit odd (and old school), but the pacing was good. Too bad there's only 6 episodes.
    My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
    THE CHAT CLUB.
    Nov 14, 2012 4:32 PM

Apr 2011
    After years of waiting, initial D is finally back!

I so want that Evo!

Those ugly impostors, they deserve to be beaten up. They even made a girl cry, resulting in one of her friend to slap the wrong guy, which is Takumi.

On the other hand, the new girl is cute. I'm hoping for a good romance between those two.
    Nov 15, 2012 9:57 PM

Jan 2012
    Takumi got bitch-slapped heh heh. Sucks that there will only be 6 episodes :( hope that is not true.
    you sound poor
    Nov 16, 2012 2:06 PM

Apr 2012
    Am I the only one who misses the old-school PSOne style animation of the 1st Stage? Obviously it is hopelessly dated now but I still find it has a certain charm to it that this new high-quality CG lacks.
    Nov 18, 2012 11:25 PM
    Jul 2008
    The art is really ugly. Coloring and highlight seems off in some parts. The art was never really that good in the series and even in the manga but it was passable. I love this show but it's awkwardly bad. The art kinda puts me off which unlike HnI, I grew to like. I suppose I shall see.
    Dec 18, 2012 1:14 PM

Aug 2010
    For those asking who the band are at the end, they are called Clutcho, and here is the ending in all it's glory:

http://youtu.be/7UwY-_r5o8Y

It's a brilliant ending, especially as it has a REAL AE86 in it :O
    Mar 11, 2013 9:50 AM

Jun 2011
    Damn, I really liked Fourth Stage art, they looked freakin handsome and cool, especially the main 3, but now they look like... *sigh*
    Honobono Log - best slice of life short
    --------------------------------------------
    most kawaii loli overlord
    ----------------------------
    Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
    May 16, 2013 2:57 PM

Apr 2012
    finally Initial D is back, woohoo :D
    Jun 14, 2013 5:57 PM

Jul 2011
    The characters look out of place and the art doesn't go well with the scenery. I haven't had any complaints until now about the animation. It really bothers me!!
    Makes it lose some of the charm. :(

And Ryousuke's character... ah, he got kind of killed... Keisuke too. :(

Fourth Stage art was fabulous. I wish they kept it.

The CG even looks funny now. Plus the opening song doesn't feel quite right. I can't image it playing during a battle without sounding out of place. It's not a bad song or anything... just doesn't match...
    MirorinJun 14, 2013 6:13 PM
    Aug 5, 2013 4:19 PM

Nov 2011
    Decent episode. The character design feels a bit weird but I deal with it.
    Aug 25, 2013 11:40 AM

Sep 2009
    So we wont see Natsuki Mogi anymore after 4th stage i believe? its been around 2 years i think
    since i last saw the ending of 4th stage, can somehow remember them saying bye to each other?
    Dec 30, 2014 9:48 AM

Jun 2014
    Wow! New love interest, bye Mogi slut.
    Better art but lacking of emotion.
    Mar 4, 2015 9:41 PM

Aug 2014
    Holy ground of street racing huh? Also worth to note Takumi is practicing one hand driving now like god hand.
    Apr 10, 2015 9:53 AM

Mar 2012
    ToG25thBaam said:
    Damn, I really liked Fourth Stage art, they looked freakin handsome and cool, especially the main 3, but now they look like... *sigh*

Yea...not as bad as Second Stage but still pretty annoying. I don't know why they feel the need to change how they look every stage.
    May 28, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2015
    Art is a bit more clean, decent result. Ryosuke's face really changed a lot though.

Very weak plot to start this season though...

And that bitch showing up, slapping Takumi... should've been slapped back at least, show her some manners.
    "I have no intention of talking it out with you.", then proceeds to explain why she came during 30 seconds...
    Sep 17, 2015 6:20 AM
    Dec 2009
    I've had this on my "to watch" list for way to long. So glad I came back to it!

Initial D brings up a lot of great memories for me from back in my high school days. This story has been in and out of my life so many times, it feels like coming home :)

ftghb said:
    Xellitoss said:
    The animation feels worse this season, but the important (the race parts) are even better so its ok.

the animation and character models havent looked good since stage 2 imo....but so far they are staying true to the manga and the voice acting seems to be consistent so i cant argue too much. That said, I am incredibly happy to see this finally animated

Agree with this!
    Feb 17, 2016 7:26 AM

Jun 2012
    Besides the art style changing this was a really good episode. And I agree with kenji Takumi and that girl would make a nice couple.
    May 23, 2016 3:28 AM

May 2012
    This episode was totally amazing!!! Really great development and the push up in art and cgi quality sure makes a nice change as well! Really love the pacing, and just the overall atmosphere felt more like the first two season again, which I prefered!

Let's see what this season will have to offer us!
    May 23, 2016 3:31 PM
    Dec 2014
    Except of Ryosuke the faces of others characters are not bad.
    Oct 27, 2016 9:23 PM
    Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
    Is it just me or did everyone's skin turn whiter? xD...

Anyways, nice to show the imposters see what real drifting is like. =)

The website should have a profile of the Initial D team so this doesn't happen again...
    Dec 5, 2016 12:18 PM
    Feb 2015
    Better animation,Epic races incoming,new girl that isnt a whore like Mogi what else can you ask from Initial D
    Feb 2, 2017 2:13 AM

Oct 2012
    Poor Takumi, he just got big slap to his face
    Must be really hurt, especially his heart
    Slapped by random girl you don't even know xD

Keisuke, Ryousuke what happened to you guys?
    I like them better before, why did they liek to change their faces so much?
    "Signature removed"
    May 29, 2017 5:48 AM
    Jul 2018
    why does ryousuke's face change every other season?
    Jul 2, 2017 2:17 PM

Feb 2014
    Really disappointed with this start character design sucks compared to fourth stage especially Wataru and both Takahashi brothers
    Dec 9, 2017 6:01 PM

Nov 2015
    Really cool episode from a long gap between stage 4 and 5. Takumi and Keisuke showing up like baddasses just to show them fakes how the real ones do things. Keisuke's hair colour seems different and Ryosuke's hair is just WTF. Also GAS GAS GAS!!
    DeathmonesDec 9, 2017 6:58 PM

Katsura janai, Zura da

Feb 8, 2018 4:20 PM

Feb 2013
    That slap!
    A new girl for another failed romance?

lol fat takumi

New art style? or just sharper? New styling/colors on some characters... gonna take some getting used to.
    Sep 13, 2018 5:02 PM

Sep 2011
    This new OP is cool, but the animation/character design lost the classic feel to it, and it's pretty bland, Ryousuke is looking especially terrible, I hope they fix him. As for the "plot" this episode had, it was so ridiculous that I couldn't even take it seriously, but it was also satisfying somehow. I don't really like this new girl over Mogi, at least not yet, but let's see if things are going to work out for them, or if it's only a matter of time till she's harshly judged by the people here, since women are such criminals, right?

But well, Bunta saying that the "hard part" was only starting now right at the beginning, being followed by Iketani, Kenji, Itsuki and their "marvelous" dynamic was really annoying as usual.
    Jun 22, 2019 6:43 AM
    Apr 2016
    Not the biggest fan of the new artstyle, but oh well, it's a lot fancier than before, that's for sure. Uhh, imposters, that's to be expected though, considering how famous Project D has gotten, still, that caused quite the misunderstanding for Takumi. I wonder whether the slap-girl will be Takumi's new love interest. The GAS GAS GAS OST was amazing at the end, finally it was played.
    Jun 26, 2019 4:56 PM

Nov 2014
    Yumekichi11 said:

[*]Spotted in the spoiler
    EVO 9! Seems it will be a race against Ryousuke. Can’t wait to see it and how the EVO 9 handles itself.

This is EVO 7, not EVO 9. You can see the difference between 7 and 9 by looking at the front grille.
    https://initiald.fandom.com/wiki/Kobayakawa
    SoraFreyaJun 26, 2019 5:11 PM
    Aug 4, 2019 2:25 PM

Feb 2012
    Poor Kenji..

The girl that slapped Takumi was cute when she realized it was the wrong guy. Glad Takumi confronted fake Takumi about it.

No race this episode, but the entrance of the true Project D was cool nonetheless. Fake Project D freaked out when Wataru tried to test them. GAS GAS GAS!

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
    Nov 15, 2019 7:12 PM

Jan 2018
    New art style. Oh no, look at Ryosuke. Even Keisuke. Why?
    Apr 2, 2020 3:08 PM
    Shalltear

Apr 2018
    Wow so weird to see a modern style, and gas gas gas was epic, great episode
    Jul 29, 2020 1:32 PM

Feb 2008

Wataru's lead-in to Takumi's true drift was cool. Those impostors must have been scared shitless.
    Aug 11, 2020 9:09 PM
    Oct 2019
    I hate that this isn't English dubbed.

That said, I really enjoyed this episode with the imposters. Wataru, Tamuki and Seisuke appearing like that gave me chills fur real.

I thought that girl was Kyoko at first. Glad it was someone new.
    HagePotPotatoAug 11, 2020 9:34 PM
    Nov 6, 2020 5:39 AM

Oct 2013
    It was a nice episode with some cool actions and character development.

"Cheap bootleg versions" of Takumi and Keisuke were hilarious, lol. Takumi showing his real drift with Manuel's song in the background was epic.
    Dec 8, 2020 1:02 PM

May 2018
    Lol the imposters look so ugly haha

And of course the legendary meme song GAS GAS GAS is here :D
    Feb 8, 2021 8:29 PM

Aug 2018
    Lmao those fakes. Im literally dead hahahaha

May 7, 2021 2:40 PM

Aug 2018
    Hillarious episode, I almost thought that Keisuke would never get to witness his imposter in action but it seems that he did

Despite the episode, the new animation art feels very disgracefull because every initial d stage changes animation and theres just no consistency, Takumi along with some animation scenes look hideous for an anime that was made in 2012 and it almost feels like failed 90s anime aesthetics attempt at the same time
    May 16, 2021 8:44 AM
    Oct 2019
    Initial D hasn't made me this angry since the Shingo ordeal in Stage 1.
    May 21, 2021 4:16 AM

Sep 2014
    how did they manage to make this look worse than the 15 years older first stage? Cars look better but damn the characters are so ugly.
    "This emotion is mine alone.
    It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
    or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
    Jun 5, 2021 8:44 AM
    Jun 2015
    Not really a fan of all these "non-violent" solutions of the protags. Some of these dudes really need their asses beat to be taught a lesson. Who knows how much damage they've done to the Project D reputation in that short amount of time.
    Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 7 Discussion

dragoon20005 - Feb 12, 2013

27 by BekoX12 »»
    Yesterday, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 9, 2012

53 by FutureWolf07 »»
    Apr 11, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ArtimesGamer - May 18, 2013

61 by PenkoPenko »»
    Mar 29, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 9 Discussion

Nymphetamine2791 - Mar 12, 2013

29 by Phixiately »»
    Dec 5, 2023 12:08 AM

Poll: » Initial D Fifth Stage Episode 6 Discussion

dragoon20005 - Jan 15, 2013

25 by shinjipiny »»
    Nov 28, 2023 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.