Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Mar 12, 2013 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
everyones got a boner for bones.
meh, ill give it a couple more eps. characters havent pulled me in yet, as well as plot.
Mar 31, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2011
It kinda became obvious near the end that Aika was Yoshino's girlfriend.. I wonder who killed her, probably a suicide because of love(?) That fight was awesome too, animation wise and the way it's presented :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 4, 2013 10:33 PM

Sep 2011
From just watching that little fight sequence I could already tell this anime is going to be good! As for the episode itself, not much really happened to be honest. We learned a few things but a lot of it is still a mystery, which is fine because it was only the first episode. xD

The music and visuals were also really good! Looking forward to the next episode~
May 8, 2013 2:03 PM
May 2013
What can I say about first episode... it's brilliant, one of the best first episode of an anime I've ever seen.
I give it 5/5 and I can't wait to see the next episode.
May 8, 2013 2:07 PM

Jan 2012
I hope this gets more popular,it deserves it
Jul 16, 2013 7:13 AM

Apr 2010
Oh boy Mahiro is so cool o_____o! And and those two together they're cute! I really like how this is going, so I hope the next episode won't be disappointing!
Aug 7, 2013 5:57 PM

Jan 2012
I've waited since 2010 to see this animated
Aug 30, 2013 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
ONE OF THE BEST FIRST EPISODES OF AN ANIME I'VE SEEN IN A LONG WHILE.

I have high expectations for this anime... I hope they don't come to bite me in the ass.

So Yoshino was dating Aika? Mahiro somehow knew that Yoshino was seeing somebody, but I wonder if he knew it was Aika..

And Yoshino obviously isn't over Aika's death yet since he still considers her to be his girlfriend and was seen looking at one of her past texts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2013 2:29 PM

Nov 2009
Oh my, so Yoshino was dating his sister? I wonder if Mahiro will ever find out . . . I can imagine that that would piss him off somehow (I think) . . . Anyways the fight scene was pretty cool, was hoping it would be somewhat similar to Darker than Black (in that the fight scenes were cool) . . . They aren't as cool but I might like this anime if for nothing else, just the fight scenes (and before anyone says I'm missing the point of this series, I already know this isn't an action series, so don't worry about it.)
Oct 26, 2013 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting episode.
Good plot.Nice animation.I might watch this series.
Dec 5, 2013 9:46 PM

Aug 2010
Wow this is an interesting first episode!

The animation is also really great!

And i totally didnt see that Aika was his girlfriend..
Jan 9, 2014 7:19 PM
Apr 2011
Great first episode. Yoshino looks like Light yagami and seems to be as cold, but I have feeling that that may be an act. Mahiro is a boss, can't wait to see more of him.

Loving the somber and dark atmosphere of this anime, it's a great way to constrast it with the notion of magic which normally attributed to cheery and vivacious atmospheres
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 25, 2014 9:41 PM

Jun 2013
The art is beautiful.
The story is interesting.
And the two male protagonists are hot.
Jan 28, 2014 5:33 PM

Mar 2012
Seems interesting.
May 30, 2014 4:07 PM

Jan 2008
A nice start but not to much has been explained yet but I dont expect it to be in the first episode though but I do want to continue watching this series looks good but sad at the same time
Jul 20, 2014 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
I'm not sure how I feel about the whole ambiance in general. It feel a little bit too melodramatic for me... Even the character always pull out dramatic poses and tones. I could almost hear the ''DUN DUN DUN'' piano dramatic music :P

For now, not really interested in the characters,though maybe more in the princess stuck on the island. She look like she have a personnality other than being dramatic xD

The action scene was really neat. The use of the slow-mo and teleportation was intense, must say that I was on the edge of my seat.

From what I understand from the last scene, Yoshino had a relationship with Aika. He didn't seemed that interested in the murder, I'm just wondering why. He must have his own reasons I guess.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 31, 2014 4:39 AM

May 2012
Quite interesting start I must say, interesting settings and characters together with that magical touch making it pretty nice as well! Let's see what the rest of the story will offer us!
Sep 12, 2014 3:55 AM

Jul 2013
I'm having confusion over who's the main lead of this show.. after reading the synopsis I thought it's Mahiro and I prefer him too (bad-ass-fuck) but this episode was mostly showed in Yoshino's point of view.

the action was damn thrilling.. how I've longed for this kind of action

Aika is a mysterious chick.. I feel something's not right with her and it she's dating Yoshino without her brother knowing even though the two are best friends.. wonder how'll Mahiro react to this.

oh how long has it been since I've come across an anime that makes me wanna marathon it in one sitting..
Dec 30, 2014 11:06 AM

Feb 2014
A lot happens this first episode, you have to pay attention otherwise you might miss a few important bits
May 24, 2015 12:51 AM

May 2013
Real solid first episode.

There's something about the atmosphere of this show that's pulling me in.

The monologue from Yoshino is pretty weird though, bout how he just believes everything his friend is saying without questioning it.
Jun 10, 2015 6:44 PM

Oct 2014
Nice first episode, the anime looks promising.
" Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future. "
Cloud Atlas
Jul 1, 2015 5:05 AM

Jul 2012
First episode wasn't bad. It's setting itself up to be really good, or fall on its face, but I'd bet on the former. I like the two female protagonist so far, especially the Princess stuck on the island. She's cool. And they both have amazing VAs.

I kinda wish I knew more about the Shakespeare dialogue and how it ties into this story. And I'm curious to the shot of Aika covered in blood(?). That seems interesting.
Sep 2, 2015 10:52 AM

Jan 2015
looks okay
Nov 2, 2015 6:19 PM

Jul 2013
WoW that looks so amazing and interesting. So much informations in the first episode.

A princess on an lonely island, who got suspended from her brother. Yoshino who get attacked by a strange woman and rescued by his friend Mahiro, who got magic power from the princess Hakaze and want to find and kill his sisters murderer.

I don't know what I should think about Yoshino, if his girlfriend Aika is dead why he doesn't care about it so much?

Can't wait to see more about what will happen.

Dec 26, 2015 9:37 PM
Oct 2013
Fell in love with Aika at first sight
Feb 7, 2016 7:02 PM

Mar 2015
It was a OK episode. Nothing to say here. 3.5/5

Another magic anime after I watched Toaru Majutsu.

I liked the dark setting here.

Nothing's Carved in Stone is excellent choice for the OP.
Mar 31, 2016 12:24 PM

Mar 2010
I dunno, it felt a bit rushed to me, but the premise does seem interesting. Will continue watching it.
Apr 13, 2016 4:55 AM

Jan 2016
Impressed with the opening and ending. Probably the best english singing opening.
May 26, 2016 12:52 PM

Dec 2014
the first episode seemed intersting ... amzing yet confusing enough
Jun 15, 2016 12:45 PM

Feb 2016
I really hate that sister setup bu for the other part that 'metallification' could turn into something interesting if it doesn't take the m3 dark metal way and the magic doesn't take the mahouka kouko no rettousei way or fairy tail way. Besides I'm liking mahiro's determination thus far. The ending left room for expectations.
Jun 23, 2016 8:45 AM

Jan 2015
Completely disjointed and over the top.
Unlikeable teenagers spewing out random abstract philosophical thoughts.
Ugly CGI.

Terrible first epsiode.
HapHazrDJun 23, 2016 8:50 AM
Aug 18, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2016
Kinda weird first episode, i liked the art and ED alot, the fight was quite short but entertaining.
Oct 17, 2016 2:42 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Vylash said:
holy crap, this show officially has my attention

Same option here, liking so far alot the initial episodes, the characters are interesting with lots of potential to develop into, and the animation wraps everything together nicely.
Nov 29, 2016 12:42 PM

Jun 2013
There were two things that happened in this episode that I liked: for one, the way the Mahiro got his charm in a bottle. Kind of cheesy but fun. And second, people turning into metal, I haven't seen that in anime yet I think. I also liked the song during the opening. Everything else, though...

I couldn't keep up with the dialogue in the graveyard scene, before Mahiro arrived. The action scenes were impressive on a technical level, but lacked tension. I also don't like the character design. And the characters themselves didn't really sell me on why I should care about them.
Dec 15, 2016 8:46 PM

Sep 2015
My guess is the sister is actually alive because of the ED song
Jan 23, 2017 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
Well, it's pretty average at best with that typical ridiculous teenage elements. I am not 13 years old so it's definitely not for me, music didn't fit, animation - I saw much better in anime from 3000th rating place, it's just pseudo-art and pseudo-intellectual typical second-tier anime without adequate plot or even interesting action moments. it's funny but you can tell everything about this anime just by seeing anime cover and first two minutes of first episode.
Nov 12, 2017 6:24 PM

Oct 2014
only on ep one but hOLY SHIT THE ANIMATION IS AMAZING, im currently watching the series on my ipad and i think this might even rival some of the movies i've seen

beautiful animation and score, i adore the character design, everyone is drawn so beautifully. a very interesting premise, really looking forward to this series
Feb 27, 2018 3:06 AM

Sep 2017
I really didn't get this episode. So, apparently, the hero's friend has her sister dead and he assists a mage in order to save the world in exchange for his sister's murderer. And there is a whole lot of crazy stuff going on here, where the hero is in love with the sister(apparently, that is what this anime wants us to believe). The opening is convoluted and didn't make any sense.

Other than that, okay plot and stuff. However, as of this point, I see nothing that is the underlying driving motivation of this anime. I hope they clear things up in next episode.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 2, 2018 3:43 PM

Dec 2015
The first episode was meh for me hope this will get better.....
Feb 5, 2019 9:50 AM

Aug 2017
Oh well, it's definitely better than I expected. Likeable characters, confusing start and an interesting plot.

I like mystery surrounding the show.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 13, 2019 5:07 PM

Nov 2016
I'm already hooked. The premise the dramatic tone and the energetic characters, they're right up my alley. Production looks nice as well.

I'm mainly hoping for a hypefest, but this episode also raised some questions to whose answers I'm looking forward to.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2019 10:07 PM
Jan 2017
This was kinda bland and non-sensical. i hope this turns around in the next 2 episodes*
May 17, 2020 9:06 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this was an interesting start but a lot to consume first up.

Reincarnating a tree and, in the process, releasing this highly infectious "metallic" disease sounds like a stretch in all honesty but I'm curious to see the whole picture behind this in due time.

Yoshino and Aika are seeing each other but they aren't supposed to be and Mahiru doesn't seem to have caught on to that either, I wonder what's really going on here.

On another note, Kusaribe sounds like a fun company.

Quite the action sequences in the first episode too, by the way. Here's to hoping this quality will retain through the remainder of the journey.

As of now, I'm in! Nothing's Carved In Stone with the Op is a bug plus for me too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 12, 2020 9:46 AM

Jan 2020
Ok. Having watched the first episode and a bit there's a quite lot to like here so will continue but I'm surprised no one else is shocked by the elephant in the room here with the mc's complete lack of response to this 'Black Iron Sickness'.

Particularly given the scene angles several times showing..

I'm hoping there's some exposition where it's been explained off screen or there's some post-traumatic stress involved because frankly it's not making any sense at all right now.
Oct 30, 2021 3:40 AM

Mar 2020
These edgy mid 2000s - early 2010's shows aged like shit man lmao
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Feb 10, 2022 6:09 PM

Jan 2019
this first episode was all over the place, the pacing and development was so off putting and random to me, Like the mc was way to calm and this iron disease comes out of nowhere? im hoping that it gets better later but this episode was honestly poor, many other animes revealed magic and other phenomena in much better ways.

However I am interested in how it all comes together and what actually happened with aika.

candies:

Mar 9, 2022 9:07 AM
Nov 2020
I recommend to Everyone to watch this. If you're interested with mystery, twists and of course there is romance. This is for you.
Sep 13, 2022 6:36 PM

Nov 2010
The two main heroines look so gorgeous! Oh man, I just love girls with long hair! Also, that bit of action looked good!

I wish there's a figure of Aika. I'd love her to be a part of my collection.
Oct 31, 2023 1:01 PM

May 2020
This was a typical anime-ish start. Bunch of characters thrown into the mix, world out of nowhere ailing with problems beyond human reasoning, there is someone out for revenge too, and then finally we've magic as well.

I mean for a first episode, this was engaging enough, but they should've slowed down a bit lol. Though this is something along the lines I'm used to and like to watch, and action scenes were great as a complimentary too.

Also, some protective and caring brother we have here, who was totally unaware of his sister and his best friend's doings behind his back lol. Now that'd be a different thing if they revel he knew it all along.
Nov 22, 2023 12:06 AM

Dec 2022
So far I'm liking the music, the art and the flashback storytelling style. Has the potential to be really, really good if it doesn't jump the shark with too much overload.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.