Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Aug 7, 2015 1:30 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty darn amazing anime despite being quite confusing at times. Souma and Kanba were amazing in the end, cried a little when Himari found that letter in the teddy bear ;_;

But what's is up with the ending? Did they reincarnate?

9/10
Aug 13, 2015 11:02 AM

Jun 2007
aikaflip said:
Too ridiculous to take seriously, not abstract enough to be avant-garde. Incoherent and congested narratives aren't "deep". Watching two-dimensional characters yelling for 24 episodes about "fate" and saving Himari was monotonous as hell.

5/10 overall for not being completely terrible.

What I was just about to say. The surrealism was blended with actual plot points since it had no plot beyond "FATE!", and the whole 'child broiler' / terrorism bollox made the series utterly stupid and a challenge to endure. Plus, it was so simplistic that, after Pink Hair waffled about people living in boxes, the leads had flashback talking in caged boxes. UGGGHHHH.

4/10 from me. Only the early stalking humour that grounded the retarded and background penguin lulz entertained. The rest was shite. The anime white/black void end was the cherry on the top.

And just in case someone (/twat) links me to a symbolism essay relating to sodding apples, blow me. Evangelion was x10 deeper than this, and that used Christianity for superficial coolness, FFS. This reminds me of when Death Note's author used apples because he likes apples...
AironicallyHumanAug 13, 2015 11:06 AM
Aug 19, 2015 5:11 AM
Dec 2009
Wow, great ending. I think I need to rewatch this show to catch more details and get all the messages. I'm really glad to see Ringo was "ok" after all was said in done.

A long time ago I heard the phrase 恋愛ジャンクション (love junction) somewhere and I was reminded of it with this show. The idea that love and destiny are like a train... only sometimes with the chance of crossing or changing. I really love that imagery. Definitely want to watch this show again.

arrozykamehameha said:
wakka9ca said:
It's kinda ambiguous whether Kan and Shou are switched out with the two boys in episode 1 or are their existence now the same as that of Momoka and co (i.e. ghosts).

The fact that they are still with the penguins *may* signify that they became supernatural entities....

I'm wondering the same

Same, actually I assumed they had been switched out with the two boys until I started reading the comments here!
Sep 15, 2015 1:52 PM

Dec 2014
It was okay. Didn't blow my mind like I was expecting it to. It was really hard to keep up with at times but I think I got the gist of it.

7/10
Sep 15, 2015 8:04 PM

Apr 2011
What the hell just happened.

Do I need a Ph.D in literature to understand this ?
Sep 16, 2015 1:39 AM

Feb 2014
notsomacho said:
Good start, shitty mid, strong recovery, shitty end

Mostly everything that happened in this show was nonsense. A lot of the character's motivations are really messed up (the teacher suddenly deciding that he wants revenge after making it clear that he doesn't; the pink haired guy... well, I'll be fucked if I know what's going on with him)

The "it was all a dream!" ending is just a cop-out. Symbolism by itself doesn't make for a good story

Completely agree. I thought their relationship as brothers and sister was very cute but when the anime started pushing them as lovers it became so weird and unpleasant and mostly out of place... the whole ending felt out of place. Abrupt changes in character's behavior and motives doesn't help either.

Can't say I like it, can't say I dislike it. 6/10
Not gonna rewatch.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Sep 26, 2015 11:56 PM

Aug 2014
So much inconsistency... The side characters, the diary, and a lot of other stuff became almost completely pointless. I felt like this anime couldve been 12 ep if they infused the characters better into the main plot instead of putting so much random symbolism, stalking, irrelevant flashbacks, fake love, and the on&off switch for Himari's life..

If anything I liked the comedy aspect, particularly the penguins. I don't dislike the anime as much as I make it out to be in the post. I actually liked the ending but the middle portion really felt like a gray area.
TensoonSep 27, 2015 12:00 AM

Oct 13, 2015 6:49 PM

Jun 2014
Amazing series. Another show where the best part is the characters. Every character had their own story, all of them intertwined, they all had their own secrets, not a single character stayed the same beginning to end; every character was dynamic.

The storytelling method was also very successful. Many plot points and questions were brought up through out the entire show, and all of them were fulfilled and answered by the end. I was honestly satisfied by the ending and had nothing unanswered and had no problems with it. The symbolism in the story and the visuals, the parallelism between characters, the alternate realities, all of it was great.

Just reading through this page, it seems that a lot of people took certain parts too literally, or just didnt understand half of what was going on. IMO, there was no "inconsistency," "incoherency," or "cop-outs."

9/10
Oct 18, 2015 8:21 PM
Feb 2011
Though I'm still not fully sure what exactly happened, did love the anime, and the penguins. Personally have to say screw the penguins of madagascar, these penguins should have their own movie!
Nov 17, 2015 10:54 AM

Jun 2012
12 episodes of awesome, 8 episode of IDGAF, 4 episode of redeeming the show's quality. Ringo's story is very strong, the Takakura story is solid, but Tabuki, Yuri, and Masako's stories are weak as Hell while Sanetoshi's pretentiousness does a good job into fooling people he's adding something more to the story when he doesn't. Thematically, it's also confused as all Hell, especially with the way it ended

'Good' doesn't do justice for a series that could've been great. What a shame
Dec 12, 2015 12:09 PM
Jan 2014
This is gonna be one of those that you have to just rewatch and rewatch at least 2-3 times to really flesh them out, since the symbolism exists from the beginning of the show and not many people picked up on it the first time around.
Dec 22, 2015 3:25 AM

Jul 2014
overall 7/10, pretty dark cool anime;
the openings were amazing, as well.

the ending was kinda sad but well, I guess there wasn't any other way for everyone to be happy.
Jan 8, 2016 10:53 PM

Aug 2007
Certain aspects of the show were very strong, for example Ringo's whole saga and the Takakura background. However, the other major parts were felt lackluster (the whole curse bit, Tabuki's shifting personality, Masako/Mario etc.,) despite being important plot points. The show could have honestly been 12/13 episodes and be fine. Personally Penguindrum started very strong but slowly and slowly my enjoyment trended downward.

My favorite parts of the show were the dynamic ending themes that went with whatever the atmosphere of an episode was.

6/10

definitely not bad by any means, enjoyable characters and ability to set tone. However, could have been threaded together much better.
Jan 21, 2016 7:24 AM

Apr 2014
It exists on a variety of different levels and readings and all are perfectly valid. Lots of frustrated and disappointed posts but I thought it was great and I personally had a lot of food for thought. Guess it depends on the type of media you are used to engaging in. 9/10 for me, until I do a rewatch and determime wheter I interpreted things wildly incorrectly. I will say this... knowing about the Sarin Gas Attack and the history of the (still around today) group behind it all, plus the books that were featured in the actual show helped immensely

We wont see another show like this again
Feb 2, 2016 10:46 AM

Nov 2014
aikaflip said:
Too ridiculous to take seriously, not abstract enough to be avant-garde. Incoherent and congested narratives aren't "deep". Watching two-dimensional characters yelling for 24 episodes about "fate" and saving Himari was monotonous as hell.

5/10 overall for not being completely terrible.

Haha, I was pissed...

I finished rewatching this series. It's not that bad.

I still feel that the story was too congested. The flashbacks, intercuts, and plot twists, of which there were probably three too many, made it needlessly complicated, and the characters were unnaturally obsessive. Ringo was obsessed with Keiju and "fate", Kanba was obsessed with his not-really-sister, and Shouma became obsessed with taking on the sins of his family. There's nothing wrong with exploring these kinds of characters, but they're not fun to watch.

Despite the issues, the last episode hit me in the feels. Himari, who was the emotional backbone, saved this show for me. She was the most unselfish and spirited character out of everyone. I'm glad she had a (mostly) happy ending.

Raising my rating to 6/10.
Mar 25, 2016 12:47 AM

May 2015
Mawaru Penguindrum is definitely an underrated gem. It’s one of the few anime shows that moved me to tears. I don’t think there is a clear bad guy in this anime, everyone involved was just embroiled in a messed up situation due to unfortunate circumstances that were out of their control. The characters felt very human and real which made me feel engrossed with the story even though it was a bit confusing to follow at times.

I usually watch anime for laughs and cheap thrills, but I love it when a show explores themes that hit very close to home and make you appreciate human relationships and things that can easily be taken away from you in the world. I'm happy that I watched this and I look forward to rewatching it in the future.

Thank you Based Penguindrum!
Apr 15, 2016 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
This was some really complicated last episodes, Ironically i understood the number 95 symbolism in the anime.
Sad ending, also not WoW, I think i have seen an ending like it, not great but good conclusion.

My Evaluation:

Animation: Nothing spectacular here, its basic animation, good but because of the genre of the show there is no need for a lot of work in the animation quality, I'm not sure of my score here but 7 seems fairly good. 7/10

ART: While I found Tatami Galaxy to excel in Sounds, Fate/Zero to excel in Animation, Mawaru Penguindrum excels in this section.
The art in this show is so freaking amazing, the best i've seen until now, the symbolism, the character design, the colors, the artistic looks.
12/10 Well Done!

Sounds: the use of classical music pieces always gets out of calculations, so good OST, great voice acting, above-average effects. 7/10
Bonus: OP/ED songs are really good +1

Story: Well... Good. (good pacing- although the too many flashbacks can be really annoying so only -1 here), The content of the story is really good, filled with themes and good lines, some episodes were really touching, they got me with the character interaction, however the conclusion could've been a bit better, they left my things unexplained, i didn't like how they left all the things at the first part and suddenly went into a different direction so -3 for this, any illogical plot moments i dont mind that much because the artistic nature of the show.
6/10

Characters: I liked almost all of them, but no character was exceptional, the characters interaction was really good and touching at some moments, lacks some development imo. Penguins were really fun.
My favorites were; Kanba and Himari.
8/10

Enjoyment: Some episodes were very enjoyable, some were average. The peak of my enjoyment was from ep11-ep19.
7/10

Value: 7

Bonus: As I've mention above; OP/ED +1, ART +2

Overall: A very nice watch, a very good artistic anime, it had the potential for a 9 but i think after episode 19 and at the first episodes it ruined this potential imo.

May Re-Watch someday.

My Final Rating: 7.7/10
Apr 21, 2016 7:43 AM

Dec 2015
Tediously confusing to watch.I forced myself to finish this and I regret it a little. Last episodes were nice I guess, but I'll never rewatch this.

The soundtrack is godly tho.

6/10
May 9, 2016 3:30 AM

Mar 2013
I will admit after I watched this I was left very confused/unsatisfied. Most of the symbolism went over my head, the story felt convoluted and hard to follow.

But after reading up(here's a good article) on the series about some of the themes, historic relevance and some in depth analysis of the symbolism, I've started to see what the director/writer was going for. The way the overall message was conveyed was very unique it almost refreshing.

I feel this series can easily be passed up as an anime with random flashy visuals and forced depth(i almost did), but if you do decide to look at it in a different way you may just find something special. 8/10
May 9, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
i kinda have a mixed feeling after watching this episode, this show. it's like a combination between confused, sadness and happiness. but overall it was a really very good show imo. still confused but at least i understand for the most part. it was sad to know that Kanba and Shouma died. but wtf with the ending ? the kid ver of Kanba and Shouma ? what happened. and at the same time i felt happines xD

that teddy bear sure almost made me cry in the end. and the fact that only Ringo and Himari left behind really almost made me cry. the emotion was hit me hard indeed but i didn't cry xD

from the enjoyment including the score for this anime, i give 8/10. the enjoyment. it's not 9/10 because i got a mixed feeling about this anime. but again, i still think this is a very good show. or more specifically 8.5/10. they did give me salt tho. i want to see Ringo x Shouma but instead.... xD if i'd to describe this anime into one word, i would say "crazy" xD

very good show overall. i enjoy and like it :D
Survival Strategy!!!
May 29, 2016 11:57 PM
Sep 2015
Well, my thoughts: Kanba didn't suffer nearly enough, Shoma did nothing wrong so got the bum end of the deal, and I have no clue what's with the kid versions of those two.

Also, except for Himari and Shoma, every single character who got more than a few minutes screentime was an awful human being - though Ringo more than redeemed herself by the end.
Jun 11, 2016 8:42 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not sad at all. This is fine.
Should have realized where this was all going sooner... there was really no other way Himari and Ringo could have been saved.
It's ironic how the Penguindrum was never really the diary at all, and it was destined to be destroyed.
It's funny how Ringo, in an older episode, discarded the penguin hat and place no value in it when it was literally a piece of Momoka.
Yuri and Tabuki finally realized why it was ok that Momoka left them, so hopefully they won't be doing any more wrong.
Mawaru Penguindrum: I have a lot of questions that were probably answered at some point, but I just couldn't pick up on the hidden answers. But I loved every minute.
Fate is so curious sometimes.
Jun 19, 2016 7:50 PM

Feb 2016
Mawaru Penguindrum is one of a kind and I'm sure I wont see an anime like this for a long a time. The ending was very powerful and bittersweet. I really liked how you got confused episode by episode and how it made you rethink your theories about this anime. I will definitely add this one to my favourites and i will give it a 10/10 for now.
Aug 20, 2016 6:09 PM

Oct 2014
6/10 (overall score). A real dog's breakfast plot-wise. Lots of jumping around with flash-backs. Several episodes were rather tedious to get through. Tbh most episodes didn't engage me a whole lot. A very few stood out (truck chase, for one). I enjoyed the Survival Strategy transformation segments the most.

Symbolism and metaphor should be used to complement not become an end to itself.

Characters were good but not exceptional. Nice crisp colors. The first OP and ED were also very good.

The antics of the background penguins were cute but I have to question their relevance. Between watching the characters and reading subtitles I missed most of the gags anyway (can only take in so much at once and the penguins were least important).

A couple of minuses were Yuri's child abuse segments (disturbing) and killing the kitten (drama trolling).
8oomerAug 20, 2016 6:21 PM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Aug 25, 2016 3:10 AM

Dec 2015
Just finished watching and I just feel devastated lol. I know the ending is bittersweet but I can help but feel empty. Definitely added to my top 10 favorite list and will pick up the blu rays for sure.

Considering the huge amount of symbolism used I think watching a second time will be just as enjoyable picking up on all the clues

10/10 this was so well done imo it's been awhile since I've watched an anime that left me feeling this way
Sep 4, 2016 9:01 AM
Aug 2015
Wow, that ending hit me, although I don't even know what I just watched....
Everyone forgot about them? Dafuq... And now they are living there in a younger version...?????

That series went from 'omg hilarious' to 'mind rape' realyy fast.
Best Quotes of the series:
-IMAAAGINEEE
-SEIZON SENRYUKU
-Hey, watch out Mr. president
-Destenyyyyyyy

Will give it a 8/10, pretty nice series
Sep 28, 2016 8:06 AM

Apr 2012
omg this anime was just to bloody mopey 4 me 2 like how the hell did i make it 2 the end
Oct 3, 2016 5:48 AM

May 2014
I think Mawaru Penguindrum is like a piece of abstract art...
Only the artist knows what is really going on while the rest are free to make their own interpretations. (And so here, I make my own.)

If one takes this anime literally, it would just be one big mess, so I think it might be better to appreciate the anime for it's literary devices and themes.

A large theme in this anime is about Fate/Destiny.
Some love fate and try to submit to it to the T. They like the feeling of how things have already been decided, so there's no need to struggle against it, but to just accept whatever is in store.
Some have resigned to their fate, whether they love it or not.
Some hate fate and fight against it vehemently, even it if means lashing out at the unfair world and society at the expense of others. They hate the idea that there are some who are chosen, some who are not. Some who are accepted and some who are not.
This distinction is evident even from a young age where some children are loved, and some are not. Those who are not, become insignificant in the eyes of first their parents, then themselves, then seemingly the world around them and then they fade away from existence as they know it. They never amount to anything much. They would do anything to hear someone say that they are wanted and that they are loved.

Another theme is about Mawaru, what goes around comes around. There's a price to pay for every action. If you take revenge on the world, the world will take revenge on you (and/or your children). If you try to save the world, you'll burn and now someone needs to save you. If you want someone to live, then you need to give up your life (or part of it). Things never really come to an end, they just keep spinning on and on. But it's whether the one makes the right decisions to spin the world in the right direction or one makes wrong decisions that spin the world into a downward spiral.

Another theme is about family. What really makes a family? If you are biologically related, but selfishly hurting / using one another, are you family? Or if you have no blood relations, but are willing to sacrifice yourself out of love for another, then are you family?
There were many broken families in this anime, the only family that everyone said was just pretending to be a family could have been the only true genuine family in the end.

On the overall, I think that it's both a weird and yet deep anime that explores various issues in society. I really liked the penguins though, the miniature (and cuter) representations of the characters in the story. Another thing is, that "Imagineee!" routine really annoyed me at the beginning, but later it sort of grew on me, maybe repetition is the way to go if you want something to be stuck in someone's head.

I think the ending was alright, because afterall, Himari isn't really related to the perpetrators of the terrorist attack. Instead, the punishment was returned to the rightful bloodline owners and yet, their 'end' it isn't the really ending, it's actually just the beginning.
Oct 11, 2016 12:01 AM

Mar 2016
WHO PUT THE ONIONS HERE?!!!

Gonna need some Nichijou after this
No seriously.
Oct 15, 2016 4:51 PM

Feb 2012
What a mess , ending was just a prank XD
Oct 22, 2016 11:47 AM

Mar 2011
Either 8 or 9. I really enjoyed it = P

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Oct 23, 2016 7:18 AM

Jun 2016
fabulous max/10
2great4me
Jan 6, 2017 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
10/10
one of the best anime i have seen

"Hello."

Feb 10, 2017 4:29 PM

Sep 2014
The anime went to shit after ringos arc. 6 out of 10
Feb 14, 2017 4:29 PM

Jul 2014
8oomer said:
6/10 (overall score). A real dog's breakfast plot-wise. Lots of jumping around with flash-backs. Several episodes were rather tedious to get through. Tbh most episodes didn't engage me a whole lot. A very few stood out (truck chase, for one). I enjoyed the Survival Strategy transformation segments the most.

Symbolism and metaphor should be used to complement not become an end to itself.

Characters were good but not exceptional. Nice crisp colors. The first OP and ED were also very good.

The antics of the background penguins were cute but I have to question their relevance. Between watching the characters and reading subtitles I missed most of the gags anyway (can only take in so much at once and the penguins were least important).

A couple of minuses were Yuri's child abuse segments (disturbing) and killing the kitten (drama trolling).

Basically my take of the show also, though I enjoy the comedic penguin aspects. I couldn't get with the symbolism and the deep themes, yeah I'd call this 2deep4me. Near the end I was watching just to complete it since I lost the story midway through. I really wanted to enjoy this but couldn't.

6/10.
Feb 23, 2017 1:49 PM

Mar 2016
Interesting premis, really rare to see an anime that took obsessiveness as one of focus. Somewhat, the first half of the show reminded me to perfect blue.

Another main focus is "fate". The first episode of the anime reminded me of the black days I once had when I was depressed and questioned God and fate. This show was touched me from the start.

But
it's full of fucked up characters, even for the side characters. Can't help but see it as really obvious a "made up" and left a bad taste in my mouth.

The first half of show was fine, also when the himari focused begin, was fine. But the show was ruined as the story progressed.

2/10 for the penguins
Kurniawan_KtrFeb 23, 2017 1:54 PM
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Mar 25, 2017 9:22 AM
Jun 2016
This anime could stick with me for a while. It showed how deep fate can be and it could be changed. In the end, it would all point out to destiny and which train or route you would take in life would affect your eventual fate. Very good! Wish i watched it earlier. It had a lot of Puella Madoka, Bakemonogatari, and Zetsuen no Tempest similarities. But it was its own individual. The ending shocked me the most, you would the think the two ladies would go out and then the directors were like 'NOPE.' LoL. Suitable ending. Maybe because it was due to fate?
Mariecat1Mar 25, 2017 9:52 AM
Mar 25, 2017 6:11 PM
May 2016
Marathoned the second half after watching the first over a year ago (don't know why I waited so long as I loved the art and music of the first half), and I've been trying to figure it out ever since. Love anime that make you think and it's been just as fun reading all the theories people have posted online, also gonna have to rewatch NOTGR too.
Mar 26, 2017 6:05 AM

Feb 2016
DAE le parents hate us we should kill ourselves XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdddddddddddddd
AquamirrorMar 26, 2017 6:09 AM
Apr 15, 2017 3:36 AM

Mar 2016
my brain is officially fucked

but 10/10
Jul 4, 2017 3:24 PM

May 2010
Valaskjalf said:

You know, I'm actually wondering the same thing. I did not understand a single thing what was happening this entire time.

All this symbolism crap just made it hard to follow. I liked Ringo's part, but after that it was just too much. The penguins were cute though.
Jul 6, 2017 8:24 PM
Jul 2017
Cauliflower said:
Valaskjalf said:

You know, I'm actually wondering the same thing. I did not understand a single thing what was happening this entire time.

All this symbolism crap just made it hard to follow. I liked Ringo's part, but after that it was just too much. The penguins were cute though.
Hi!

If you have any particular questions about the show or its symbolism please ask. Penguindrum is very difficult and I would like to try to make the show clearer in any way I can. I finished the show recently and desperately want to talk about it lol.
Nov 15, 2017 3:19 PM

Jan 2017
Such a beautiful series. Such a beautiful series of messages. I can't begin to enumerate how in love i am by the final lessons and the metaphors in it.

I am beyond moved. So sad they couldn't end up together, but at the same time i'd hated if they ended all happy lovely.

<3

IMAGINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Dec 3, 2017 8:59 PM

Oct 2012
Overall a great series, but there are still many questions left unanswered imo even after reading a lot of explanations/theories. Definitely one of the harder anime to understand. 9/10 for me.
Dec 4, 2017 12:08 PM
Aug 2016
It was pretty good and with two of the best openings in anime. 8/10 but what was the meaning of the robots that appeared in the survival strategy sequences?
Feb 24, 2018 11:53 AM

Sep 2013
8/10 Very good anime. but... OHHH C'mon! From the 2 episode I wanted Ringo x Shouma ending. :(
Apr 9, 2018 5:29 PM

Sep 2014
I wasn't sure how much I liked the way everything was going in this episode... until the end hit me. That fucking bear scene. I cried... hard.

Then I read about the symbolism and the deeper meanings behind things in the show. I was surprised how much more there was to it, even though you don't need to understand every detail to follow the events.

Since my mind had calmed down, I thought I wouldn't cry again if I watched the ending segment one more time. Yet it hit me in the feels again.

After a while, I go to bed. In the middle of the night, I briefly wake up. The very first thing that comes to my mind is the ending of this series. I actually teared up because of that. I wasn't sure how this anime was going to end, but I thought it was going to end on a more positive note than this. This was absolutely soul crushing. And I loved it. FML.
May 9, 2018 3:58 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Finished my first Ikuhara anime.

What a ride.

I'm sure some symbolism got over my head during the entire series but i've never been really good with symbolism. Still, i got the gist of what happened overall. Compared to some people here, it didnt hit me like a truck but it's still a pretty powerful ending.

8/10
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 25, 2018 10:32 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Early into the anime, I realized that this is an anime that can’t be understood the same way as other anime do since it’s not rooted in a lot of logic. It’s pretty much abstract, philosophical, and interpretational. Howevever, I felt they overdid it and it became a metaphorical mess that’s laced with too many vague symbolisms and plots that are clumsily shuffled around or can’t seem to find closure.
Oct 19, 2018 1:42 PM

Mar 2016
I knew from the start that the diary wasn't the penguindrum. It is just a story telling device, like a red herring. Despite knowing, or maybe because I know that, it was quite interesting to wait for the actual penguindrum.

I really liked this episode. I'd give it an 8/10, but I didn't like the part where Shouma said 'aishiteiru' to Ringo. Though, that dialogue can also mean love between family.

Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

218 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 15, 2011

168 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.