Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 8, 2011 5:16 PM

May 2008
windy said:
>introduce best character
>kill him

okay.

good night, sweet prince.

and rygart is a little piece of shit.

this pretty much sums it up.

I've seen stupid, but Rygart takes the cake >_>

Aug 10, 2011 2:01 AM

Dec 2009
Girghe TwT , R.I.P. .....
Aug 10, 2011 11:09 AM

Feb 2009
Awesome music once again.
windy said:
>introduce best character
>kill him

okay.

good night, sweet prince.

and rygart is a little piece of shit.

Seconded.Why did he have to die? Why did he have to die saving Rygard?! Bah.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Sep 22, 2011 7:47 PM
Nov 2008
I am disappoint.
You follow the manga faithfully for 4 movies and decide to deviate now? Really? And the changes didn't even make any sense, Rygart just acted in a totally braindead manner (even more than usual). It was going so well... this is just sad, sad, sad.

One less anime to look forward to I guess.
Nov 8, 2011 7:44 AM

Jun 2008
Girghe died but he did us the favor of getting ridden of that sicko bitch Nike before he died.
Kind of a useless loss there though because with his abilities he could have made a lot more damage to the enemy than losing like that.
Thankfully Narvi made it but not her brother. Damn now she lost her father figure and her brother. Poor girl, fucking war made a mess of her life.

For who was Rygart fighting was obvious but the same can be said for the king. If it wasn't about her dieing he would have accepted the terms of surrender.
MonadNov 8, 2011 7:57 AM
Dec 10, 2011 10:09 PM

Feb 2011
-Quasar said:
...and why Rygart? why? your comrades saves you and you ran off and fight with Girghe? The fuck man!

I was thinking the same. ¬.¬

I think Girghe's dead was really good, I read some about him on wiki and now I like him the more, and he killed that loli bitch! yeah!

One thing I've got to say is that I really miss Zess, he is a really important character, the friend who became the enemy, where is him now?
Jan 4, 2012 4:29 PM

Dec 2010
Oosran said:

And Girghe's kinda like a non-smoking Badou with both eyes intact.

I couldn't have said it better :x
Anyway that's probably the best part yet. Epic soundtrack, epic mecha-fights and dramatic moments(ffs). Still what I didn't like was how Girge went on a 1v1 with Rygart when both of them could've helped their comrades... and judging by their power levels they could've beat all of the shitty Athens.
I'm glad Nike died(I thought that she was dead by the end of the 4th movie to be honest -.-), but Narvi's brother died too... too bad.
It was almost obvious that Rygart will act so stupidly going after his brother, but I didn't really expect that he'll find him dead.
Just as I thought Narvi doesn't know that General True is dead... can't judge how the battle tides will turn when I don't know if she'll gets informed the war's end and how will she act if someone tells her gets to know the truth.
Girge... I didn't expect that he'll sacrifice his life for Rygart. He just became my favorite anti-character and he falls dead. I still can't explain to myself why he acted like this... did he calculated that his artemis stands no chance of getting out alive, or he just acted on a whim... maybe we'll never know.
Rygart... I still don' know why you got into the fight with Girge... but I guess you're just the impulsive character so it can't be helped. People say that when someone sacrifices his life for someone, that someone inherits his will. Girge maybe really did it for this reason... I don't know, but I hope you really won't let his sacrifice go waste.

10/10.
Jan 5, 2012 2:28 PM
Dec 2009
sigh.. the anime is rushing it now.. totally skipped important parts of the manga, and how Girge isn't even suppose to die right now.. but ..
tag©.androgynous
Jan 10, 2012 11:28 AM

Aug 2008
This movie was just one collossal, bullheaded mistake. A simple detour by Borcuse initiated a series of events that got a number of talented pilots and valuable golems killed and destroyed. If this country had a real military they'd eventually shoot Rygart. That's how bad his mistake was in the end.

I did get to enjoy a fantastic series of duels, but all of this was pretty much a waste as far as anyone's progress goes in the story. I suppose that will be the eventual point of these movies.

Feb 1, 2012 7:08 PM

Sep 2008
Awesome action this time. Almost the whole time too.

I don't really see how they can tie everything up in the next movie though.

Also, I think the animation was better in this movie compared to the previous ones.
Feb 16, 2012 7:45 AM

Mar 2009
Die Nike! Die! wahahaha
Mar 4, 2012 6:50 AM

Jan 2008
I wish Girge was able to kill or destroy golems of Athens before letting Artemis or have himself killed. Kind of waste in gift and weapon for Krisna though. There was a little background provided about him.
Mar 25, 2012 8:37 AM

Nov 2007
Ahaha i am so happy that nike died. THAT BITCH

Girge was awesome until the end.

I loved this movie. I have watched tons of mecha anime movie titles and i think this one is the best.
cafekunMar 25, 2012 8:47 AM
Mar 25, 2012 7:48 PM

Jun 2009
; _ ; I knew Girge was going to die when I rembered his name. If I remember a supporting characters name, they die. I was very sad.
And Nike's death made me into a sadastic banshee. >:3
Apr 8, 2012 5:19 PM

Feb 2011
Was screaming "DIE!" at the screen whenever it showed any semblance of Nike dying. Thanks Girge, you're a bro for wasting that bitch. RIP, dude.
Jul 23, 2012 4:29 PM

Jan 2011
I agree wit the sentiment, it's good that Nike died, she was just hopeless. Just think of the difference between here and Cleo, who is actually enjoying her life with Sigyn, where she can do and don't do what she wants as long as she doesn't try to murder Rygart, instead of having some false progaganda shoved down her head, leading to twelve year olds fighting in a war. Even by anime standards thats pretty low..

Also, Hodr should have done the reasonable thing when they first got word of the attack: Withdraw everyone back to the capital. Once everyone is back at the capital, and not a moment earlier, send Girghe out there.

The problem would not have been how to survive or actually win the war, it would have been figuring out how to get Girghe going out there. Maybe mentioning Borcuse to him would have been enough though, they both seemed quite happy during the fight in the 4th movie..
Nov 29, 2012 6:53 AM

May 2012
Dude wtf, they destroyed Girge entire background,storyline,character in the anime .

The manga was way better in that section like x10 . Seriously, to those that watch this movie and said Girge is awesome to the end. If you guys read the manga, you guys will be shocked on how degraded is he , in the anime.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 2, 2012 12:40 AM

Sep 2010
Please tell me Girge really didn't die I loved him he was one of my top favorite character in this. Well he was badass while he lasted I knew he was going to die given his character type, but not THIS soon. T^T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 14, 2013 6:02 AM

Apr 2009
It took a psycho to bring down a fellow psycho. However, one psycho, the team's best pilot died in the process doing so, along with saving the impulsive pilot of the team's best machine. He might be insane, but he went off doing a good thing. So long, Girge. You put on one heck of a show.

If this was real life, Rygart would have been court-martialled for desertion that ultimately led to the deaths of 2 of his 5-person squad's members (including the best pilot), the destruction of one captured and rebuilt unit (the red Artemis) and damage to his irreplaceable machine. He singlehandedly endangered the country's war effort with just one mistake.

Rygart also now kind of reminds me of Lancelot, with the way his queen has fallen for him. Hell this series feels a bit like King Arthur's story with knights and mecha instead of knights and horses. Although Hodr is much less impressive in the king's role. The story's excalibur equivalent (the Broken Blade/Delphine) is not with him, but his friend.

Where is Zess's place now in this mess? Anyway, let's see how this ends in the (regrettably) final movie.
Apr 7, 2013 1:17 PM

May 2010
I seriously wish Girge was the main character.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 2, 2013 12:59 PM
Aug 2011
Oh man Girge is so badass. He definitely should have been the main character.
He brutally killed Nike and I loved it tbh.
Even his glasses shattered epically.

Also liked that scene where Nirve points the gun at Ryugart's crotch.
See instead of pointing guns to people's faces you should point them toward their crotch.
Jul 28, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2012
If Girge was the main character I would have given it a higher score.Thats what happen when you kill the best person in story.
Aug 19, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
I liked this one. Good animation and mecha battles, and dat ending...
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 10, 2013 7:03 PM

Feb 2013
I saw Girge in the preview. I'm hoping he's not dead... he was fun.
Dec 11, 2013 12:49 PM

Dec 2012
I not really sure why........ But I really fucking hate rygart
Jan 2, 2014 10:45 AM

Feb 2011
Girghe , badass till the end.

Rygart really useless this time.
Jan 4, 2014 5:29 AM

Feb 2012
Anyone else recognized Vivaldi in that battle music? Or am I mistaken?
Jan 17, 2014 5:39 AM

Aug 2013
Girghe, thank you for killing Nike. But you died too T______T
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 4, 2014 10:56 PM

Dec 2012
This is definitely my favorite entry so far, Girge is hands down the most interesting character in the Break Blade. Two extremely awesome duels with Barcuse and Girge, it really reminds me of Escaflowne. I had to cheer when Girge finished off Nike. I didn't necessarily hate her but that was just total ownage. A bummer he chose to die, but it looks like Rygart got through to him via the duel and he was able to die without regrets.

I wonder how they plan to wrap this up in the next movie, hoping it's not just a cliffhanger. 8/10 for this one.
Mar 6, 2014 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
Girge died like a true badass.Also enjoyed him brutally killing Nike.6/10.

Gotta remember to read the manga cause apparently his death was changed and the movies really undervalued his character.
VanishingKiraMar 6, 2014 5:24 PM
May 1, 2014 4:46 AM

Oct 2009
Man...Rygart annoyed me so much in this movie. I was so happy when Narvi jammed her gun onto his balls... I would be much more satisfied if she shot them off tho.

This movie felt draggy until the last 10 mins imo.

Another thing I found strange was that the army was being attacked by the Athens yet Girge and Rygart were fighting each other. Like srsly guys...And boy was Rygart was pretty naughty and turned on by Girge's offer- imagining naked Sigyn during a life-or-death battle lol

And I totally get Girge's role in this story; that is to play the bad guy so that Rygart the 'hero' would progress. Shame, Girge died, but at least he killed that annoying Nike effortlessly and protected Rygart. Hmm..but I really want to know what went down in the incident that led to Girge's imprisonment. Pretty sure what actually happened is totally different.
May 13, 2014 6:16 AM

Feb 2012
I'm rating this movie 1 point lower than the others coz I got seriously annoyed that Rygart and Girge went off to fight each other when their teammates needed help. :(

So in the end, Girge didn't fullfil Rygart's promise of becoming general and succeeding his father.. What a shame! Started to liked Girge's character.
jbeatMay 13, 2014 6:28 AM
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 13, 2014 9:00 AM

Apr 2011
like this one but i definitely prefer it in the manga instead.
Sep 24, 2015 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
So, in short:

>Rygart runs off in his already-battered and ill-supplied (but priceless) golem, thus endangering the war effort.
>Rygart then decides it's a good idea to duel the best golem pilot on the enemy side in said battered golem.
>Narvi decides to endanger her entire team by firing at the enemy, rather than simply signaling Rygart.
>They then decide to all hop out of their mechs to have a nice little chat rather than getting the crap out of there immediately.
>Rygart decides that fighting Girghe is a better idea than backing up his comrades or running away.
>Girghe sacrifices himself to save Rygart for no apparent reason, prematurely ending all developments surrounding him (Girghe).

This was by far the worst of the bunch. It's like everyone on the Krisna side of the war lost all of their logic in this movie.
Dec 22, 2015 7:50 PM

Nov 2013
THAT SYGIN BUTTS,

Anyway, it's okay.

it's pretty frustrating me that Rygard and Girghe fighting each other while the other squads struggling to death fighting athens.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Mar 9, 2016 8:05 AM

Aug 2013
Instead of helping your comrades, Rygart spend time debating with Girghe and then turn into a fight.
Although I'm telling myself that he ain't no soldier but a country bumpkin farmer but his naivety and temperament really sucks.
The sole enjoyment I derive is from Girghe's badass massacring those guys.
The things he could achieve if he could control Rygart's ancient golem.
Apr 7, 2016 5:32 AM

Feb 2015
What's with this crazy amount of Sigyn fanservice? Might as well just slap ecchi since almost everytime she shows up, fanservice follows.

Anyway, wasn't as good as the previous episode. Rygart is starting to get annoying.
May 10, 2016 12:07 AM

Mar 2016
This was the weakest part yet to me, what the hell was Girghe's characters motive? He seemed so annoyingly random and cocky for no good reason. Eh, what wasted story telling.

At least the fights are entertaining.
Sep 25, 2016 1:54 PM
May 2013
I'm pleased to see many people complaining about Girge's death and Girge not being the mc . I wish Rygart died instead of him ...

I might not enjoy the next part without Girge .
Sep 21, 2017 4:33 AM
Oct 2015
does anybody knows whar Girge said to Rygart before he dies as he was shooting , i know the manga course tajes different pahs but i'm really curious...
Aug 8, 2018 3:00 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
This is worse than the other 5 movies and good grief, both rygart and girge were acting retarded, fighting each other instead of helping their comrades.
And girge's death made me extremely pissed and I've never been so salty about a character's death in a long while. Killing the best character too early was a bad idea.
WHY DID THEY HAD TO KILL HIM OFF?
Oct 30, 2018 6:05 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
billng said:
Wow that was sick, soundtrack and everything. Kind of sad Nike died though, but it couldn't be avoided because Girghe is a fking beast.

Nah, finally that girl got done.

HawthorneKitty said:
Holy fuck this movie was awesome.
A lot more people died than I wanted to, especially the Girghe and Nair. I was also hoping that Narvi would be the one to end Nike's life. So all in all, a lot of deaths in all the wrong places.

Yeah, same here, Girghe reedemed himself quite a bit, the ending was EPIC, very well animated without a doubt.

Only though that it was silly that Rygart engaged him in the end, instead of putting that rage to good use and go help the others...

Anyway this movie does deserve a 9 (8.6/10 = 9).
Keeping my expectations low for the next one since I heard it wasnt as good as the last ones.
Sep 3, 2019 3:03 AM

Dec 2015
Well, at least he managed to kill that crazy bitch before he died. RIP.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 25, 2021 9:51 PM

Nov 2016
I did enjoy this movie for the most part. I loved the fight between the General and Rygart. Rygart should have just returned to his comrades. They were duking it out while their own comrades were getting their asses kicked.
Jan 26, 2021 7:14 AM
Oct 2019
My least favorite of the 5 so far.

Sociopath general slaughtering an entire village of innocents. Nonsensical queen on POW love interest. An entirely different criminal spouting off about queen on Ry love interest during some bizarre, unnecessary fight. I don't understand this prisoner at all, and why he does the things he does. Crusher mecha enemy girl is yet ANOTHER brainwashed nutjob chick. I'm sure Ry's sanctimonious act wore on me at some point, too.

Bleh. All of it.
Feb 9, 2022 7:13 AM
Jan 2020
The characters has barely any room for development if they're just fucking killing them off like nothing
Feb 9, 2022 7:15 AM
Jan 2020
iDensity said:
What's with this crazy amount of Sigyn fanservice? Might as well just slap ecchi since almost everytime she shows up, fanservice follows.

Anyway, wasn't as good as the previous episode. Rygart is starting to get annoying.
Not sadge, she's just naturally hot lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Break blade 5 subs

armenier - May 29, 2011

5 by noahkiernokoff »»
Jun 3, 2011 11:15 AM

» Break Blade Movie 5 Trailer

AmberFebruary - Dec 28, 2010

2 by deg »»
Feb 28, 2011 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.