Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2008 8:51 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good episode. It felt like a finale as the OP played through to the end. It looked like they were able to defy fate but perhaps it's too early for that? Dosselmeyer seems to have further plans ahead. Poor Edel though. Sure she was a puppet but she did lead everyone to safety and even provided a warm fire in the end.

A lot has happened in just the past 13 episodes. It makes me wonder how things will play out from here.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 17, 2008 12:13 AM

Nov 2007
I find a lot of this series to be kind of overwrought, but when Princess Tutu jumped in the air dancing alone and just fell on her back, that was awesome :)
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Aug 14, 2008 4:41 PM

May 2008
And now we start from scratch.
I guess a completely new tale will form now?

Surely they wouldn't continue with the same one.

Gosh, all this and we're not even halfway through.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jun 22, 2009 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
This episode gets the Episode With Best Music award. And Tutu's pas de deux alone gets the Best Dance award. That scene was amazing. especially the part when she jumped. The music fit so perfectly. Great episode.
Sep 4, 2009 7:39 AM

Jul 2008
hirahira said:
This episode gets the Episode With Best Music award. And Tutu's pas de deux alone gets the Best Dance award. That scene was amazing. especially the part when she jumped. The music fit so perfectly. Great episode.
That's because it's the famous ballet Swan Lake.

BEGINNER
Feb 4, 2010 4:12 PM

Oct 2009
Most stories would just stop right here, but I'm glad to see Princess Tutu go one step beyond. It'll be interesting to see where they take this from here.
Feb 22, 2010 10:35 PM

Feb 2010
Where will they go from here??

I had NO IDEA what to expect when I started this series... and I'm back there again. LOVE IT.

It is the quirky, unpredictable, strange and magical essence of this series that keeps me watching & guessing.

Not going to lie- I have done a complete 180 about Fakir... he's fantastic. Love triangle possibilities?
Mar 9, 2010 12:08 AM

Feb 2008
going to miss Edel, I rather liked her and I don't like the way they killed her. didn't seem necessary at all : (

wonderful episode/arc otherwise.
May 2, 2010 8:55 PM

Apr 2009
Fantastic end to the first arc. No idea where things will go from here, but I can't wait to find out!
Jun 14, 2010 1:46 AM

Nov 2008
I really loved this episode! I'm really starting to like Fakir, and I hope Ahiru falls for him in the end instead of Mytho :3
Dec 30, 2010 6:55 AM

Apr 2009
I was holding my breath while she was doing the pas de deux all by herself and when she jumped with no one to catch her...I was torn between crying manly tears and shouts of joy and triumph! :D

"Lohengrin" by Richard Wagner was both fitting and proper for Fakir's fight against the ravens as he was wielding Lohengrin's sword, and what an awesome fight scene by the way!

I wonder how they'll top all that? I'm going to the next episode now.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 18, 2011 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Xephia said:
I really loved this episode! I'm really starting to like Fakir, and I hope Ahiru falls for him in the end instead of Mytho :3

i was thinking this too
May 16, 2011 9:56 PM

Jul 2008
Ahiru's solo pas de deux dance was stunning.
Jun 16, 2011 9:34 AM

Jan 2009
Fakir is just a badass. Good episode, loved Edel and her "death" was just so well done. I'm definitely excited to see how the show will develop from here on out.
Jan 22, 2012 9:03 AM

Dec 2010
Wow...didn't expect a half way end arc like this. I certainly wonder how it'll continue now. Awesome stuff so far, I really like the storytelling. Stories are cool.
May 30, 2012 7:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Alright, time for Princess Tutu After Story.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 26, 2012 5:04 PM

Apr 2008
This episode is absolutely fantastic.
Jul 4, 2012 6:50 PM

Jun 2009
I wonder where it will go from here...

As far as the actual episode: I'm going to have to echo that the scene with Tutu dancing by herself was amazing. Just beautiful. As far as the ending scene, what struck me is Fakir sitting alone there...I wonder if this foreshadows something? Who knows? Kraehe is still out there and I'm sure Drosselmeyer has something planned.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 23, 2013 2:08 PM
Sep 2011
The swan lake scene.... Tchaikovsky you amazing bastard.....
Jul 13, 2013 11:25 AM
Aug 2011
I prefer Fakir more now, especially since that last episode he was adorable.

Sorry Mytho but you're just boring and plain. :s
Nov 21, 2013 2:17 AM

Aug 2012
A pas de deux by yourself? How heartbreaking! And deciding to convey her love through dance because she couldn't tell him with words ... I should have seen that coming since this is a show about ballet ... but the brilliance of it still amazed me.

Poor Edel :(
Jan 10, 2014 5:17 AM

Dec 2012
To think that was only the first part, Ahiru's solo dance was extremely graceful and beautiful to watch. Her feelings transcended words through that dance and she finally got her prince. Fakir really shined this episode as well, defying fate for glory as Edel would put it. Speaking of Edel, it was really bittersweet that she sacrificed herself to guide them out of the lake.

I seriously have no idea where this plans to go from here.
Jun 3, 2014 12:47 PM

Aug 2010
Felt like a finale episode. Fakir was awesome this episode. Definitely the best character in the show. I feel as if it should be FakirxAhiru.

I wonder what's going to happen in the second half. From what I heard it gets a lot better. Looking forward to it.
Dec 28, 2014 9:21 PM

Feb 2014
Oh my goodness, Princess Tutu was walking on water...she's Jesus! And Princess Kraehe can walk on water too...so she's Jesus too! And then the Prince's heart could walk on water as well, and the Prince himself...OH MY GOSH EVERYONE IS JESUS!!!

Wow, that was a really good episode. Intense action and drama throughout kept my attention every second! And it was a happy ending too, with everyone surviving at the end...except for Edel-san, who was burning into flames. I guess that breaking the "rules" as a puppet does come with its consequences. Too bad, I liked her character :( And who will now play her little song?

This episode really felt like an ending. I wonder what awaits Princess Tutu and the gang now? Drosselmeyer himself said that there would be a darker turn...wonder what he meant by that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2015 6:41 AM

Jun 2013
End of the first arc. I liked how Duck is actually starting to question why she even loves Mytho so much. I guess you can't really explain love but still... Second half, here I come!
Aug 14, 2015 5:56 AM

Jul 2013
Nice conclusion to the first half. I'm bit worried that the second arc doesn't live up to the first arc but i guess i just have to watch and see.
Feb 4, 2016 11:32 PM

Nov 2012
Most shows would've ended here so excited to see where this goes from this point forward.

Princess Tutu dancing the pas de deux by herself was beautiful.

Fakir alone in the ending has me worried, love triangle possibilities or maybe he'll become the next raven?

8.5/10 for this first arc (episodes 7-13 were especially great).
Jun 1, 2016 7:12 AM

Jan 2013
So round one goes to Ahiru and her outstanding pas de deux to convey her feelings towards Mytho.
Kind of felt like a finale but the story's definitely far from over. Interested to see how things develop from now on, particularly the relationship between Fakir and Mytho and Fakir and Ahiru as well.

Oh and the music, the oh so glorious music.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 29, 2016 6:02 PM

Apr 2015
The title is Swan Lake. nice to know that Swan Lake pieces was actually played in this episode rather than just Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy. Kinda confused tho on how the Mytho that have no emotions walked toward Tutu and dance with her. Kinda feel pity for Kraehe for this episode. But that's a happily ever after end, or is it? I guess Drosselmayer will do anything to achieve the most tragic ending, seeing how the story he wrote (Fakir will be killed by Kraehe, Tutu will confess and Vanish, Mytho can't forget Tutu due to her confession and left Kraehe in despair so that she will commit double suicide with him.)
Dec 22, 2016 11:00 PM

Dec 2014
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Feb 23, 2017 7:00 AM
Feb 2017
This episode made me cry ;-; But Ahiru's dance with Mytho was great and I like Fakir a lot better than I did before
Feb 24, 2017 7:40 AM

Aug 2015
Thank God Fakir didn´t die there, Last thread I wrote he would die but I m happy that he didn´t he is my favourite (didn´t expect edel death but made sense).

This episode was just breathtaking, Furst the fight and the talk about overcoming their destiny, and than the "duel" between tutu and kraehe was good with the highlight being the solo pax de deux with a stunning music during the scene. Overall just a great episode and nice way to end the 1st arc.

Note: kraehe doesn´t seems to be evil to me, but is a good tragic character
CT_BINOFeb 24, 2017 8:03 AM
Feb 27, 2017 11:02 AM

Aug 2014
Amazing first half, that classical music was so good.

Excellent anime so far. Approx: 9/10
Jun 9, 2017 2:46 AM

Nov 2011
It was a great episode all around. Fakir's fight, Tutu's solo, the dance at the end, all of it.

I have to wonder though... Did Edel really defy Drosselmeyer, or did she simply do as instructed again? Drosselmeyer seems to have a backup plan, if nothing else.

My appreciation for Fakir in particular has gone way up as of this episode.

I'm quite curious where the story will go from here.
Oct 1, 2017 7:14 PM
Sep 2015
No no, don't try to save the injured Fakir from drowning, Princess Tutu, just sit there and cry and then forget all about him, not even bothering to collect his corpse when you and the Prince leave the place.
Jan 16, 2019 3:07 PM

Feb 2016
This already felt like the grand finale. What a fantastic anime so far.
Apr 27, 2019 6:09 PM

Jun 2015
Super late comment:
God, what a gorgeous episode. The animation of the dances, the pacing, the conclusion to the arc, everything was just perfect. This is now one of my favorite single episodes of any anime. It would've been a beautiful ending for the story, it's almost a shame that there's more of it.
Hope the rest of the show holds up in comparison, but even if it doesn't it will still be worth rewatching just because of this amazing first half.
Jun 30, 2019 4:19 PM

Sep 2017
OK BUT I LOVE FAKIR SO SO SO MUCH...I basically started rooting for him x princess tutu tbh,hes got the best character development & hes just so adorable i wanna give him a big hug,10/10 fakir (also i dont think anyone acknowledged the fact that hes the reason why any of them are either alive or how tutu got her love across without speaking words...hes such a good boi)

On another note,holy crap does the princess kraehe tick me off,shes so incredibly irritating she makes me want to skip all her scenes + her dance is too forced/violent like chill out

The ost is great,the cast,the visuals,everything about this enchants me so far! Im glad i came across this

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Jul 24, 2019 3:49 PM

Jul 2016
I really liked the choreography in this episode.

However, I still don't like Ahiru's squeaky voice. It can be really annoying sometimes...
Jul 30, 2019 8:43 AM

Jul 2016
This episode was good
Sep 28, 2019 8:29 AM

Jun 2016
Ms. Adel was one of my favorite characters and it was so sad to see her disappear in such a way. What an unpuppetly puppet!
I can’t say I enjoyed the dance at the end. Fakir would be way better with Tutu. Still, such a beautiful episode.
Sep 19, 2020 10:31 PM

Sep 2012
I'm not digging it so far. So it really IS just a typical magical girl with some superficial fairy tale/ballet sprinkle and classical music thrown here and there. Which doesn't make substantially better. Not bad by any means, but very simplistic.
Sheer fact of there being a meta-narrative theme doesn't make it any better. Maybe that's just an introduction. Let's see how it goes later on.
Nov 21, 2020 7:05 AM

May 2015
It is not my habit to ship characters but Fakir and Ahiru were such a great couple! I don't care much about what happens to Mytho, he is such a bland character.
IshitatesoNov 21, 2020 7:08 AM
Apr 18, 2021 3:50 AM

Jun 2016
This would have been a great climax if Fakir wasn't thrown into the gauntlet and forgotten about until the end of the episode. Why build him up in the previous episode if he's just going to be treated like a B-plot in the main conflict? As it is, it's merely an acceptable end to this cour. What an unfortunate point in the story to stumble.
Jul 7, 2021 2:30 AM

May 2020
Well that felt like a finale but we still have entire cour to go. The story should end here but Drosselmeyer is not about to let that happen.
Jul 31, 2023 9:26 AM

Oct 2018
Enjoying it so far!
~Katy Scene
Feb 20, 6:37 PM

Sep 2023
i got chills when tutu jumped by herself like that, oh my gosh. and when she embraced mytho like that, just wow. im speechless
Mar 26, 12:16 PM
Feb 2021
Sad bc Edel was my fave! But the drama if this episode was once again so good!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 15 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 30, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Apr 21, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Awesmoe - Apr 3, 2008

143 by WisperG »»
Mar 21, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 12 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 13, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 10, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 12, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 25, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 8 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 7, 2008

21 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 21, 7:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.