Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 3, 2008 9:26 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wohoo, it's over! What a great ending. As expected of a fairy tale ;) I'd give this series a high rating, if it weren't for a streak of several boring, repetitive episodes in middle. Kind of like I felt for Card Captor Sakura. Very, very well done overall story and characters and OMG-kind-of soundtrack.. but somehow "meh" in some episodes.
In any case, the beginning and the ending were really enjoyable, so I'm giving this an overall 7/10!

Another plus for the ending.. Tutu is much cuter as duck as she is as human, imo :p

Quack~
AwesmoeApr 3, 2008 9:38 AM
Apr 26, 2008 2:44 PM
Feb 2008
2 b honest I wanted Ahiru and the prince to end up 2gether, not him and RUE!!! I don't really like her. But I guess that wasn't possible... Or maybe it was... One way or another. Anyway the anime's AWESOME!!! And really touching. I'll give it a 9/10.

>.< Lost one pt cuz of the pairing. Not that I'm saying that I don't like Fakir...

Oh well <^*^>
May 2, 2008 6:55 PM

Apr 2007
The story took some unexpected turns but the ending was still very nice. Even with the repetative bits in the middle the show overall was very good.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 4, 2008 4:53 AM

Mar 2008
i secretly wanted ahiru to stay human somehow and stay with fakir 4eva. obviously that would never happen - and anyway it was cute at the bottom of the lake when fakir said to just accept who you are.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2008 5:18 PM

Jan 2008
This was a good ending, despite my dissagreeing of the sudden MythoxRue pairing. Mytho seemed to completely reject Ahiru. He basicly went: "You helped me a hell of a lot more than Rue, but I love her more for no good reason". Even though I adore FakirxAhiru, Mytho sorta went all "igorant".
I realy hope there is a sequel. The creator said she would realy like to make one. But unfortunately Princess Tutu isn't very popular in Japan OR America :(
Cross your fingers!
----
My signature sucks right now :C
May 31, 2008 2:30 PM

Feb 2007
I wouldn't call it a complete rejection. While getting all the heart shards, Mytho was always confused about his feelings, so he probably never really understood his feelings for Tutu. I think he came to understand by the end, that it was always Rue who was with him all these years, and that she is truly devoted to him. Mytho and Rue are two tragic characters looking for love, but destined for sacrifice. Fakiru and Duck are just as tragic (with Duck fated to turn into a speck of light), as they were meant to lose from the very beginning. I'd call it good pairings, as each person understands their pair. It may be a fairy tale with a happy ending, but not one with a Disney-style "happily ever after."

What do you mean by it not being popular? I would just say that the fanbase isn't huge, rather than not being popular.
Aug 13, 2008 7:36 PM

Jun 2008
I wanted Ahiru to stay a human and get together with Fakir. But other than that, I thought it was a satisfying ending.
Aug 17, 2008 3:19 AM

Jan 2008
neko sensei got married! with kids! xD

anyway, great great ending. One of the best endings ever. This whole series had been great, it's been a long time since i last seen such unique anime.

10/10!!
Aug 26, 2008 10:39 AM

Jun 2008
A very moving ending, and a very unique story from the Magicial Girl genre. An anime you should have watched because of its masterful storytelling, the wonderful use of the music from ballets. And of course the German words are also a good reason! XD
But the animation could have been a bit better, some dance scenes would have been much better if they were fully animated.
Aug 27, 2008 1:35 PM

Jun 2008
omg... i was so touched... 10/10 and no less from me.
and Fakir said that he'd stay with her even if she is a duck, so sweet T__T but deep down i really wanted her to be a girl again, but i guess that would be too perfect. (but hey, if they can still love each other that way, i'm more than happy)
Sep 21, 2008 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
i agree at it being a happy ending! except for the part of ahiru not being able to talk anymore T^T oh well it's safe to say fakir has a duck for a lover xD

omedetto to neko-sensei~! after all these years... finally... and he scored himself a beautiful feline at that!
Dec 4, 2008 4:28 PM

Jun 2007
Loved it. The ending was great too. Personally really I liked how the pairings ended up :D I wanted Ahiru to stay human though... x3
Fakir is awesome <3

Mar 15, 2009 6:14 AM

Apr 2007
I didn't mind Mytho ending up with Rue at all because him being with Ahiru always felt wrong somehow. Or maybe I just liked Fakir better. xD

Part of me wanted Ahiru to live on as a human but when the message of the finale is to "accept yourself for who you are" that would be inappropriate. Great episode!
Mar 20, 2009 8:49 PM

Apr 2008
Beauutiful. :) Fakir crying while writing and Ahiru dancing...lovely.

Very touching ending to a great series!
9/10
<3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2009 11:06 AM

Sep 2008
I just finished the princess tutu episode 26 or final becuase on youtube episode 26 is the final..but on myanimelist they are 38..where can i watch the rest of episode?
Apr 18, 2009 2:01 PM

Jun 2008
You did finish it. It really is 26 episodes in a way

Anyway, the last episode was AMAZING! for a long time I wasn't sure if I liked this anime or not but the ending made me realize I did like it. I did want Ahiru to stay a girl at first because I'm such a Fakir x Ahiru fangirl but now I realize that the way it ended was best. After all, a duck is what she really is and Fakir doesn't seem to mind that she's a duck. beastality ftw?
hirahiraMay 17, 2009 12:14 PM
May 17, 2009 8:27 PM

Jan 2008
really enjoied this series. exceptional story telling.
Jun 27, 2009 4:39 PM

Jul 2008
Well, it seems everyone gets a happy ending (even Neko-sensei! Awww!) I'm glad Drosselmeyer didn't turn out to be one of those types of villains, though I am wondering how he's still alive at the end.

I kind of wish we got to see a bit more of the characters at the end, especially Mytho since he had just gotten his heart back and his personality had changed for the last time. It was interesting to note that both he and Rue still had the Raven's blood in them, yet now they are both ok. I really liked how Fakir basically said, "Moron; it's okay to love her most." And it's very interesting that Ahiru remained a duck at the end, and Fakir was writing for her the entire time. T

his was a very heartwarming story, and I'm glad I watched it. The only thing is, as an author myself, how am I supposed to write stories with unhappy endings after watching this? X)
KryptoncatJun 27, 2009 4:44 PM
Jul 2, 2009 10:05 AM

Jan 2008
This was awesome, a very touching show! :3
I didn't mind the Rue x Mytho pairing at the end at all, since we got to know that she'd been in love with him for so long and I liked that she turned out to be honest after all.
Plus, I adored how so many characters had a real depth to them, especially Fakir and Rue's roles developed so much!

The ending was very moving (Neko-sensei!! Yaay! :3), and the part about accepting one's true self was fine, too. I just really wanted Fakir and Ahiru to be together as humans ._. But maybe Fakir'll manage to write that bit himself? x3 Mihihi.

After all, due to some minor (!) flaws in the story line and animation and some repetitive aspects (especially in the dancing scenes), I won't give this a 10, but apart from that, the story was really unique, the characters were lovable...what to say? :3 This was beautiful!!

9/10.

Jul 5, 2009 4:38 PM

Jun 2008
Bravo, most excellent ending! I am actually happy that the Prince ended up with Rue instead, because it actually put a unique twist on the ending, and was totally unexpected. Though I was kind of hoping Ahiru would end up with Fakir in a more romantic manner. Oh well, at least she gets to remain with him as a pet of sorts.

9/10 from me. :)
Sep 2, 2009 2:52 PM

Jul 2008
KungFuCasie said:
This was a good ending, despite my dissagreeing of the sudden MythoxRue pairing. Mytho seemed to completely reject Ahiru. He basicly went: "You helped me a hell of a lot more than Rue, but I love her more for no good reason". Even though I adore FakirxAhiru, Mytho sorta went all "igorant".
I realy hope there is a sequel. The creator said she would realy like to make one. But unfortunately Princess Tutu isn't very popular in Japan OR America :(
Cross your fingers!

Omg, I totally agree with you....That pairing was WAYYY too sudden for my liking...and yeah, Mytho didn't look like he was thankful NOR kind about it....I mean.....he could have been a little bit more considerate about Ahiru...>_>...Well, watever, FakirXAhiru is better anyway. lol..xD
Nov 24, 2009 3:37 PM

Aug 2008
I wanted ahiru to stay as a human! and why is rue mytho's princess? anyway, i didn't really liked it, it was average... and still, until the end, i wonder if mytho knows that "ahiru" was princess tutu. >>
Jan 12, 2010 5:43 PM

Apr 2009
Wait a moment, is there any indication that Fakir has lost his power as an author whose works become reality? Because if he still possesses that particular skill, than the ending is much more open and optimistic than at first glance.

Who's to say that he isn't writing a story about his duck right then and there? A story about a duck who fights her fate and longs to be a human girl so she could be with her master as an equal? A story of heartache, longing, and hope?

I smell a sequel! Or at least a fanfic.
Jan 12, 2010 6:56 PM

Mar 2009
Ahiru is a duck. She accepted her true self. She should stay this way.

I for one am totally happy with her living out her duck days as the awesome duck companion to a secluded writer.
Feb 10, 2010 9:23 PM

Oct 2009
I'm wondering why it still said "Chapter of Chick" in the opening. I was expecting Swan or something.

Anyway, this final episode was surprisingly exhilarating. Three things were going on at the same time all working towards one goal, and it gave that feeling of hope. Once again, I love the irony they put into this. Drosselmeyer calling the duck to put in the story, and eventually that's the character that leads to the downfall of his tragedy ending, it's brilliant.

I love the end where Drosselmeyer wonders if he is part of a story himself, puts things in a different perspective. Princess Tutu is a very magical anime and one that I thoroughly enjoyed and will enjoy again some day. There couldn't be a better anime to represent Tchaikovsky's work.
Feb 15, 2010 9:12 PM

Sep 2008
For me, it's funny that this is what the "happy ending" turned out to be. Honestly, I wanted her to become a human, not only for romance, but it broke my heart that her existence was wiped out.

I hated Rue, and how she was the princess. I am attracted to the distraught heroine types, but I felt as if she did not deserve anything because she did nothing to redeem herself at all.

Perhaps it was a lovely ending to a fairy tale, but I hated it. Only my personal feelings are making me drop the score.
Mar 1, 2010 1:53 AM

Feb 2010
So magical. I too choose to see the ending as a sort of open-ended situation with Fakir and Ahiru. He has the power to write & he will use it again I imagine- I feel to make her a human again or to make himself a duck so he can truly join her. I think her grand sacrifice of her humanity at the end of this series is enough to support the fact that we should all accept who we are.

I too was annoyed and confused by Rue, but it makes much more sense for Mytho to want to be with her; she has undying love for him and has loved him her whole life.

Fakir is a much better match.

This anime has now joined the high ranks of being one of my absolute favorites: 10/10~~~!
Mar 20, 2010 7:53 PM
Aug 2009
Hm... this was a really interesting finale, and execution-wise I can only fault it for Ahiru getting tossed back and forth as a duck with music from the Nutcraker in the background, which together made a very dramatic moment border on the absurd for a little bit there.

That being said, I find the discourse on "true selves" kind of fascinating, because it seems awfully pessimistic even though it's presented with optimism. If you think about it, the characters all break out of the roles that they held in the story, and don't become the tragic figures that Drosselmeyer intended for them. But by the same token, they take on other roles that they don't entirely have a choice about. Fakir gets sucked into the role of storyteller because of his blood and the fact that he was doomed as a knight, and Ahiru returns to being a duck despite obviously wishing to be human. So they break with the story, but ultimately Ahiru at least doesn't get to accomplish or even pursue any goals besides what the story had laid out for her.

Thinking of it in those terms, it's a pretty sad "happy ending," even if it isn't a traditional tragedy with everyone dying or whatever. I guess one could say that in that regard, it's sort of deconstructing both "happily ever after" and "everyone dies" as the quintessential comedy/tragedy endings. Which I guess makes sense, if you think of the last bit as the "story" returning to reality, we get a reality that's not an ideal world but also isn't contrived to be awful.

It's also interesting because the series is only metafictional in a limited way, since Drosselmeyer is actually a character given the aspect of being the one pulling the strings, so the series sort of... does away with its own internal fourth wall but keeps the fourth wall between itself and the audience.

As for Mytho and Rue, again, it's strange that the very end of the story focuses on them almost to the exclusion of its main character, as if she basically doesn't belong in the story at all anymore now that she's fulfilled her role. But then, Ahiru was always the main character of the anime and a side-character to the story of the Prince, so I suppose in a way, it's fitting...

Don't mind me, I'm just sort of rambling my way through theories since I feel like I don't quite have my head wrapped around what the ending is doing thematically.

Anyway, just in terms of opinion, I'm happy with Mytho and Rue ending up together but I'm sort of a sucker for Rue's "anything for love"-brand evil. Mytho suddenly acknowledging her feelings for him perhaps is more of a stretch, and were he a deeper character I'd question if it wasn't out of a sense of obligation to her throwing her own life away for his sake. As it stands, Mytho starts out as a really weak character, appropriately, gets relatively more understandable through the first half, switches character entirely in the second half since his "Dark side" becomes dominant, and then in the ongoing struggle between the two versions of himself loses a lot of cohesion. I got lost as to what brought on his transformation into RAVENMAN and why in that form he seemed to have his normal emotions but the temper of his dark side.

Rue on the other hand isn't exactly realistic either but is fairly straightforward (and this show about a duck who turns into a girl who turns into a magical princess may not have been shooting for realism)--being told no one could love her except Mytho and her father etc. is a reasonable explanation for her obsession with him, and the whole "wanting to be loved" versus "wanting to love" thing is really pretty interesting. I think her crowning moment, confession of love notwithstanding, is probably when she asks zombie-Mytho to smile for her again after re-screwing up his emotions. It says a lot without being too blunt about it, and really she's pretty awesomely tragic throughout the story as she gets progressively more desperate. But of course none of her attempts to get Mytho to love her work except a true confession of love, this being a fairy tale and all.

The thing I regret about Rue is that Autor falling in love with her was just an excuse to show her fading willingness to serve her father. I mean, that's not -all- it was, but it was only for her character and not for his, and it gets promptly ignored as soon as she decides not to take his heart out. Considering that the whole doubt thing was introduced by the fact that, having found someone willing to give up his life for her, she couldn't bring herself to betray that, one would think some sort of relationship between them would be necessary. But really, Autor was introduced a bit too late in the game to be an important or developed character (at least, given all the stuff that starts going down as soon as he shows up). He had a personality but he didn't get to do enough for us to really care about him, I didn't think... and we really could have done with that instead of one or two of the more wheel-spinning episodes in the middle (the bull guy comes to mind, though Rue's disastrous attempt to take his heart was important to her deteriorating sense of worth and relationship with EVIL!Mtyho).

Final verdict on Princess Tutu in general: 8/10. It's really innovative, the art direction is brilliant, the creepiness is just right, and the meta-ish lens it applies to fairy tales is basically awesome like Drosselmeyer. But the story has some hiccups, maybe rushes a bit towards the end as it starts introducing a lot of new ideas, and -despite- the really good art direction the animation is nothing to write home about (which is sad, because with higher-end animation a lot of those fight scenes could have been jaw-dropping all around instead of just occasionally jaw-dropping).

Incidentally, when Mytho shows up in his dark-tights and demands people's hearts from them with his silly wing-cape, does anyone but me just start hearing the Gatchaman theme? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQVUw30-4k4
Jun 2, 2010 3:33 PM

Feb 2008
I half expected the prince to transform Ahiru, he obviously had the power.

like many other people I'm totally expecting Fakir to write a story that allows him to be with Ahiru in the same form, but I doubt they'll bother with a sequel for that so I wish they'd just shown it in the epilogue.

loved Drosselmeyer and Uzura at the end ; )
Jun 14, 2010 9:53 PM

Nov 2008
i don't really understand how that was a happy ending. fitting, yes, but happy? not really.

imagine, you finally fall in love, and you get to spend the rest of your life with that person - but there's a catch! for as long as you're together, you'll be a duck, unable to touch him, dance with him, or talk to him, and (despite his love for you) he'll be more interested in writing stories than he will be in you. after all, how much can two lovers do together when one of them is a bird?

i really wish there was a sequel, but i'm not holding my breath, considering it's been eight years ^^;;

vucubcaquix, if you ever write that fanfic, please let me know!
Jun 15, 2010 10:46 PM
Jun 2010
GAH ALL OF U ARE CRAZY. i liked it except it being always foggy that twas a bit irky. btw i made an account just so i could say this SQREUW this story thats so irritating SHE WAS THE MAIN CHARACTER FOR HEAVENS SAKE WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? and in the end she gets nothing not even fakir and how dare that prince run off and be happy with rue i didnt much care for her T^T its so heartbreaking she does all this shiz because she loves him ect ect and what happens to her! truly dissapointing. this is one reason y i hate finishing stories i fall in love with it usually ends in disappointment. if i was her i would have been heart broken. not of so u want her oh well good luck BULL SHIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZ this completly ruined my day *weep*

btw im just ranting please dont come to the conclusion that im insane. lifes just funner this way.
Jun 30, 2010 7:51 AM

Jul 2007
don't like the ending.. i was expecting something else.. the story kept on emphasizing about Ahiru vanishing right on spot if she confessed her feeling to the Prince and it's sad, the ending just made it worst...
nevertheless, i love Fakir the most! huh, go away prince, shu shush..

huh.. poor Ahiru, you doesn't belong to this story.. sob sob.. stupid prince

SleepingIn2day said:
..and in the end she gets nothing not even fakir and how dare that prince run off and be happy with rue i didnt much care for her T^T..

p/s: SleepingIn2day, i think we can be best friend, hahaha
Aug 17, 2010 2:45 PM

Sep 2009
I love this ending; it just fit so well with the all over theme. Really I can't express in words how good this ending is...people really need to see it for them selfs.
“I am Sailor Moon, the champion of justice. In the name of the moon, I will right wrong and triumph over evil… and that means you!” – Usagi Tsukino
Sep 15, 2010 9:56 AM

Mar 2009
I think the ending fits, even though it doesn't necessarily make me happy. I would have liked Ahiru and Fakir to be happy, but at the same time at least she didn't die as I was afraid of midway through the episode. Definitely a great anime. I don't know if I'll give it a 10/10, but for sure a 9/10
Oct 27, 2010 4:30 AM
May 2009
Good ending. Kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I have actually been hoping Ahiru and Fakir would be together in the end. So, I'm happy with that! <3
I'll give it a 8/10 since the episodes in the middle made me keep putting this series off...>_<
Jan 19, 2011 6:26 AM

Apr 2009
Finally finished this one, what a great and interesting series! I have the same conflicting feelings as most people posted here, and yes it's somehow fitting but not necessarily a very happy ending for me too!

elsherl said:

huh.. poor Ahiru, you doesn't belong to this story.. sob sob.. stupid prince

SleepingIn2day said:
..and in the end she gets nothing not even fakir and how dare that prince run off and be happy with rue i didnt much care for her T^T..

I hope the swans dropped them somewhere dark and gloomy! :P Now I'm ranting too! Sorry! Moving along now...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 20, 2011 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
nice ending
Jan 31, 2011 12:41 PM
Nov 2009
NICE ending in my opinion, but I really wanted Fakir and Ahiru to be together :(.

Fakir is better for Ahiru and I think Rue is suited for Mytho. But really, so damn sad :( Oh well. Nice ending is nice!
Feb 8, 2011 4:53 PM

Dec 2010
I waited an entire day to post this response because I needed to mull over the ending for a bit--which by no means is a bad thing, it means that it definitely left me thinking. I thought it was an outstanding ending for an outstanding show-- although, I do admit, while we were watching Neko-sensei and his cats and all the side characters get their endings I couldn't help but mutter "That can't be it, that can't be it, where's Ahiru and Fakir, that can't be it..." So, basically, until the very end, I had hoped relentlessly that there would be some way of Ahiru (Duck for dub watchers) returning to human to be with Fakir. There were so many moments where I thought it could happen that it killed me--especially when Princess Tutu emerged during the final battle while her hope beams were shining.

Although I loved the ending, some things did bother me that other people mentioned. I'm not sure if Mytho or Rue really deserved the happy ending they received--to me their ending was more of the Disney brand of fairytale ending, where they can be Prince and Princess together while Ahiru and Fakir (who quickly became my favorite pairing) will have to struggle far more, even though they were definitely the most selfless characters in the story. Ahiru risked her life for both of them, and gave up her humanity for Mytho, and Mytho claimed he loved Rue right after her admission of love saved him. Tutu could never do that without actually sacrificing her own life, Ahiru knew that so she couldn't make the admission herself, and at first Mytho thought it was Tutu who saved him but only when he learned it was Rue did he seem to care about her. I have a feeling that if Tutu could and did admit the same thing he would've run after her as he did from the beginning, which is a bit shallow to me, but what bothers me more is that Rue could be very selfish at times and sacrifice Mytho's happiness for her own, and she didn't really do anything redeeming except take Tutu's role and proclaim her love, which, yes, got her captured and was risky, but I wasn't surprised she would do that, but the risk wasn't as great. Then we see her dancing in the pit of despair (while her love is getting attacked in pursuit of saving her and while Ahiru who owes nothing to her or Mytho except Mytho a little for her chance at humanity) and Rue does nothing to try and escape or anything, she just dances... and then Mytho doesn't even go out of his way to thank Ahiru, the little duck that could, who did everything from the beginning for him just to be outright rejected and left in her true form. I don't know... I almost think they got their Disney ending too easily, and were not entirely deserving of that ending compared to Ahiru and Fakir who risked their lives for Mytho countless times faced with a more difficult future ahead (and returning her to human despite the story would've almost been like a reward!), but c'est la vie...

On the other hand, I understand why they couldn't return Ahiru back to being a girl for the show (the whole speech about accepting yourself from the episode kind of destroyed any chance of that) but considering Ahiru took on more qualities than the average duck (she was able to spread enough hope and love in her duck form to nullify the effects of the raven blood--that's pretty potent stuff!) and expressed clear interest in returning to her human form, I hope Fakir will recognize her desire one day and find a way (through his writing most likely, but he can only write based on reality atm so eventually) and return her to a girl so they can have their own happily ever after together. Find it cute nonetheless that he's that committed to stay no matter what species :)

I loved how they ended it with Drosselmeyer questioning whether or not he is a character himself, and with him and Uzura looking for another story to inhabit. Who knows what havoc the puppet master who lost control of his puppets could cause when entangled in another story... I wasn't sure what to think of him at first (heck I didn't know what to think of this show) but I came to love how interesting he was.

All in all, I loved this show. The ballet, the music, the characters, and the extremely well constructed and amazingly unique story--I am actually very sad it ended and that I had to say goodbye to these characters who grew so much, but I'm buying this for my friend who does ballet so it'll live on :)
Feb 16, 2011 10:37 PM

May 2010
Weird feeling. I don't know should I personally consider this is as a happy end or not so good end for Tutu/Ahiru.

9/10 (Anyone who vote below this gonna get married with you know who)
GnowmiFeb 23, 2011 1:31 AM
Apr 17, 2011 3:05 AM

Apr 2011
id said:
neko sensei got married! with kids! xD

The most emotional part of the ending for me by far! ^^

MusashiRose said:
I feel to make her a human again or to make himself a duck so he can truly join her.

I never thought of him becoming a duck! That would make such an awesome ending!

All that being said this was a masterpiece of anime. 10/10~!
May 20, 2011 4:03 AM

Feb 2011
I expect this beautiful unexpected ending.
May 22, 2011 11:26 PM

Jun 2010
The ending is beautiful especially when Fakir is crying while writing Ahiru's story.. FakirXAhiru!!!... But still, as everybody say, I still want Ahiru to be a human..
The only thing that I hate here is that insensitive prince! It seems like he's taken advantage of Princess Tutu's kindness and just ran off with his princess. I totally hate him. I hate him more than Rue.. I actually like Rue..=) Still Fakir ftw!!
Jul 15, 2011 8:16 PM

Aug 2008
This is so sad, I really wanted Ahiru to be able to change back into a human and stay with Fakir. At least they could have confessed before she turned back! The prince was really just useless right until the end, it was horrible the way he just left with Rue only giving Ahiru a little thanks.

The whole concept of it being a story within a story within a story was so captivating, it should really be called "Duck-ception"!
Jul 19, 2011 3:49 PM
Oct 2009
im confused? i bought a dvd box set of this ent series(was slow on it but freaking like this show) but it has 26 episode...but i dont feel like i missed anything? help?
Sep 23, 2011 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
When I originally watched this series I kept wanting Fakir to just write Ahiru into a human and I still wish it was that way!!
Overall the series was amazing and the last episode was just beautiful except I didn't like Mytho's random reasoning for choosing Rue.
This series was so unique, I wish there was more!!
Nov 3, 2011 8:22 PM

Apr 2011
I don't know why some people don't like the fact that Ahiru turned back into a duck, everything returned to how it should be, which means she would turn back into a duck. It makes sense to me. ^^ (And she's alive, thats the most important thing.) 'Sides, Fakir is writing her story and I'm pretty sure the ending hinted that he may be trying to turn Ahiru back into a human.
(I don't believe that either one of them would want her to stay a duck. ^_~)
So in my mind, it was a very happy and very good ending to a fantastic series.

10/10.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Dec 31, 2011 5:43 PM

May 2010
Interesting, it didn't went for the Duck + Prince ending. Though upset because the ending wasn't "tragic". Some repetitive episodes.

7/10
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 10, 2012 11:28 AM

Sep 2010
Awww, such a wonderful and lovely anime! I didn't expect it to be so great. I just loved the ending and the whole story setting. I loved that Ahiru turned back to duck and also that fact that Fakir loves her as she is. Fakir is my favourite character! <3
juodidrugiaiJan 10, 2012 11:34 AM
Jan 11, 2012 6:16 PM

Jan 2011
good ending! i always hoped for FakirXAhiru
I never liked Mytho :P
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 13 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 14, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 26, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 12 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 13, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 10, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 12, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 25, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 8 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 7, 2008

21 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 21, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 2 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 2, 2008

34 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 19, 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.