Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 4, 2023 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
A birthday party for Yume huh? Cute, especially since we have Saku dressed up for the event.

It's somewhat awkward to see Yukichi going too but he's part of the family. Feels like Saku wanted to connect with everyone and giving Yukichi a chance to connect with people too. Happy Birthday to Yume! She looks like a little princess this episode.
Aug 4, 2023 11:58 AM
Jul 2023
Another heartwarming episode, seeing this smol Yukichi plush make me cry for some reason.
Aug 4, 2023 12:02 PM

Feb 2022
i really want that Yukichi plushy, its so cuteee
Aug 4, 2023 12:20 PM

Mar 2021
This was such a sweet and wholesome episode Yukichi is just a cutie and I really want one of his plushies
Aug 4, 2023 12:29 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Thats some unique frustration that Yukichi showed on missing out prem friday. Given his size Yukichi doing any of those actions that Yuri suggested. Considering how much fun Yume had with Yukichi hardly surprising for her to invite them both to her bday party. That chair that Yukichi sat on really made him look like a king. Yume's mom really was full of surprises. Their family home was also pretty spacious as well. But the party was just beautiful. The killer cat expression though was priceless. But the bond between the two sure is strong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2023 12:39 PM

Feb 2019
Omg saku’s outfit to Yume’s bday party was so damn cute! It’s cool that she and Yukichi were able to finally go out somewhere together and have fun.

I like the idea of the grandmother not having the best vision, but still being able to see the most in the room in a sense. She was the only one besides Saku who really understood Yukichi’s nature and even reminded saku about how lucky she is to have Yukichi in her life which she takes for granted sometimes. A short moment, but a powerful one.

The Yukichi plushie was also really cute. They should def sell those as merch. And of course, couldn’t be an episode with saku getting drunk and Yukichi having to save her ๐Ÿ˜‚

As usual, a great wholesome and fun watch to wind down with after a busy week. Love this show so much

Weekly Saku appreciation post. She’s so beautiful
Marinate1016Aug 4, 2023 12:45 PM
Aug 4, 2023 2:01 PM

May 2014
I would buy a Yukichi plush in a heartbeat. 
Aug 4, 2023 2:12 PM

Dec 2021
Yume, dressed in a splendid dress, one resembling of a princess, bringing an irresistible level of cuteness that simply melts the heart. Her ingenious choice to employ Yukichi as her symbolic "throne" adds a touch of creativity to her imaginative play.

Equally endearing is the sight of Yume's mother, who effortlessly oozes charm and beauty in a manner that unmistakably serves as the origin of Yume's own striking appearance. The irony in her being older than Kaoru adds a delightful layer of humor to the situation, igniting a sense of curiosity about the precise age disparity that exists between these two captivating individuals.

Aug 4, 2023 2:29 PM
Jul 2021
Yukichi is so precious ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน
Aug 4, 2023 3:45 PM

Apr 2022
Definitely the comfort anime of the season

She should be more loyal to her kitty >:C
Aug 4, 2023 5:02 PM
Mar 2023
The Crunchyroll titles lie
Aug 4, 2023 5:55 PM

Sep 2016
I liked this episode a lot. Those mini burgers were cute.
Aug 4, 2023 6:41 PM

Apr 2022
good job! a wholesome birthday party episode. saku looked great in her costume and more of her drunk shenanigans at the end. yukichi stealing the spotlight at the party, the chief missed out though.
Aug 4, 2023 7:35 PM

Dec 2013
Awwweee the plush toy is so cute huhu I also want one. Yume a d the party looks so cute ๐Ÿฅฐ And Fukuzawa shouldn't drink until she can't anymore, good thing Yukichi was there but it's really dangerous

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Aug 4, 2023 7:42 PM
May 2023
Sugary sweet goodness. Makes me love my cat sooooo much! Always pick up my cat during the credits and hug her.
Aug 4, 2023 7:59 PM

May 2015
I want to buy a mini Yukichi asap!
Aug 4, 2023 8:10 PM

Feb 2021
The cat just become a real mom XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 4, 2023 10:03 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Could Yukichi be the same cat that that grandma lost all those years ago? Definitely not, right? That would mean Yukichi would be pretty old. But who knows, there could be a supernatural aspect to it all. I mean, that would be completely plausible when considering we have a giant intelligent cat who can cook and do housework lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 4, 2023 10:57 PM

Jul 2017
Welp, Yukichi does not like Saku petting a dog rather than a cat.

Yukichi does Saku's daily routine no matter how much she hates going to work, though her colleague thinks the other way around. Chief Orizuka comes to give her an invitation to his niece Yume's birthday party, though there's one invitation for Yukichi too. He can't quite show himself has a big cat, though it's a costume party, so technically Yukichi can go, and Saku has a second thought. Instead, a mini Yukichi stuffed animal, a mouse cosplay costume and some sliders, they're prepared to go to her house. Thank god that the Chief is off on a business trip, though Yukichi attracts attention as a big animal that's alive and questioned by people. Luckily Yukichi dons in a cat costume so people thinks it's not real, and Yume's mother is older than the Chief, whose niece's birthday party is held in his house. If Yukichi can't be convinced by cats, the Umyu stuff will, where her granny sat blind on her wheelchair, wanting to have a touch of the good luck anko-neko. The birthday party goes and ends like normal, though passing the park where Saku first met Yukichi in his small state, he's angry.

Changing to Yukichi's POV, he's just frustrated at Saku just taking a nap at the same park nearby. Being a worthless human is not enough, he literally is like a househusband to take care of her needs.

Hold up Yukichi...
Aug 5, 2023 12:28 AM

Aug 2009
I want that plushie.. :( <3
Aug 5, 2023 12:30 AM

Jan 2022
Good lord, does this lady like to drink
Aug 5, 2023 12:39 AM

May 2015
Mariklyn said:

The japanese for some reason find tipsy office girls cute. Actually this anime makes me realise why :D
Aug 5, 2023 12:49 AM

Jan 2022
Ishitateso said:
Mariklyn said:

The japanese for some reason find tipsy office girls cute. Actually this anime makes me realise why :D

Is it Japan that has a big drinking culture, or am I thinking of Korea? in either case. At least she is a cute drunk. Or else she catch a few frying pans lol
Aug 5, 2023 1:14 AM

Aug 2013
The boss is scared of cats? Or just the big ones?

Also, she's just binge-drinking to coma right? Why is this portayed as 'cute' or something. Thats proper bad.

Aug 5, 2023 1:27 AM

Jan 2021
Saku would be screwed without Yukichi
FUCK

HOW SHE SLEEPS AT A BENCH AT NIGHT ALONE

even I'd be fucking scared

btw... I'm starting to feel something for her... dayum

Aug 5, 2023 1:31 AM

May 2015
Mariklyn said:
Ishitateso said:

Is it Japan that has a big drinking culture, or am I thinking of Korea? in either case. At least she is a cute drunk. Or else she catch a few frying pans lol

I think it is true for both culture. Drinking with collegues in Japan after work in an izakaya pretty much a recurring panel in movies, series and anime as well. As I see in Korea it is true mostly for men to bond through drinking each other under the table. The alcoholism this leads to seems a serious problem in each countries judging by the media I consume, though I guess it is true in almost every "western" country as well.
IshitatesoAug 5, 2023 1:34 AM
Aug 5, 2023 2:09 AM

Mar 2008
Saku looked so cute dressed as a mouse.

Got a good laugh at Yukichi refusing to go up the stairs but come dashing as soon as prompted to see some merch.

I need a Yukichi plushie now.

That grandmother was pretty intuitive.

Mariklyn said:
Ishitateso said:

If I recall right it's a weird office job specific thing or other jobs you work in teams, where the lead pressures everyone to go drinking together as a teambuilding exercise. They also make them go to onsens and stuff even sometimes Ive heard. The beer in Japan is pretty low alcohol content but East Asians have higher rates of being very lightweight with alcohol and develop what's called alcohol flush AKA Asian flush where their face turns red because their bodies arent breaking the alcohol down right which is why you always see anime characters with red faces when they have been drinking because that's literally real life. This is especially the case with females because females have less enzymes than males of equal height and weight that are involved in breaking down alcohol. So that's why in anime it's often the girls that are the ones that get really drunk by accident.
Aug 5, 2023 3:00 AM

Jul 2021
The birthday party was fun and Yukichi certainly stole the spotlight!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 5, 2023 3:36 AM
Jul 2007
She is lucky to have a cat who take care of her like this… I'm jealous.

Aug 5, 2023 7:21 AM
Cats & Owls

Nov 2021
This episode reminded me of my black cat that passed away a year ago. Show some love to your black-furred friends! You are very lucky to have them :-)
Aug 5, 2023 8:50 AM

Jan 2011
This show just keeps checking all the boxes. I am in love with it.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 5, 2023 11:18 AM

Apr 2021
Half awake by the time she wakes up
Aug 5, 2023 11:50 AM

Feb 2017
This girl is so unlikeable, the cat deserves better.
Aug 5, 2023 1:13 PM
Feb 2016
Me gusta mucho este anime

Aug 5, 2023 2:43 PM

Jan 2023
Seeing Saku dress up as a mouse activated something in me, so damn cute to see her in that. To see Yukichi bolt up the stairs after Yume started talking about UMYU-Sea is so funny to me, the way he ran up is also hilarious.

It's so nice to be able to see Saku and Yukichi being able to go to Yume's birthday party and have fun without needing to worry about what others will think (sort of). Yume's grandmother is right, that cat has brought Saku so much. If she didn't rescue him, who knows where she would be right now.. Maybe on TLC on Hoarding: Buried Alive. Regardless she's super lucky to have him.
The interactions between Saku and Yukichi are really fun to see and along with their contrasting personalities. Also gonna point out the friendship between Yume and Yukichi, it's really sweet especially when she's crying and asks him to come over again sometime.

What a wholesome episode, this is great to sit back and have a good laugh at. Also, that small Yukichi stuffed animal is something I need.
Aug 5, 2023 3:37 PM
May 2020
Drinking sure runs rampant in Japan's workplace.
Worried about Saku being an Alcoholic.
Will this series do a yokai thing with Yukichi?
And there is a guy in in Japan that had a custom Collie dog suit made for over $16 K.
Aug 5, 2023 7:47 PM

Jun 2021
Black cats really gives luck and brings happiness!
I also want Yukichi plushy (=^.^=). And if possible a cat like him.
Aug 6, 2023 11:26 AM
Nov 2022
This episode was boring or due to my hype for One piece , it feels like that .
If the next episode wouldn't be better than I'll drop it .
Aug 6, 2023 10:52 PM
Aug 2023
Stark700 said:
A birthday party for Yume huh? Cute, especially since we have Saku dressed up for the event.

It's somewhat awkward to see Yukichi going too but he's part of the family. Feels like Saku wanted to connect with everyone and giving Yukichi a chance to connect with people too. Happy Birthday to Yume! She looks like a little princess this episode.
It's adorable to have a birthday party for Yume, especially with Saku dressed up for the event. Even though it's awkward to see Yukichi there, he's part of the family, and Saku seems to be trying to connect with everyone. Yume looks like a little princess in this episode. Happy Birthday to her!
Aug 7, 2023 2:51 AM

Jul 2019
Saku really is a lazy bum that would probably die without Yukichi. She's adorable though, even more so dressed as a mouse.

I want to know more about the pink haired office lady.
Aug 7, 2023 6:53 AM

Aug 2011
This show melts my heart every episode.

» Escapism.

Aug 7, 2023 9:56 AM

Nov 2013
Yukichi is such an amazing bud.

Say whatever you want, but Saku is adorable even when drunk.
Aug 8, 2023 2:24 AM
Sep 2018
I really liked this episode; it just gave me warm and fuzzy vibes. Seeing Yume again after last episode was nice, as was getting to meet her mother (and the Chief's older sister) and her grandmother.

Also, Yukichi really considering beating Saku with a pan near the end of the episode was surprising. (Also, I want one of those small Yukichi dolls he made).
Aug 8, 2023 7:49 PM

Feb 2019
yukichi took offense coz he was supposed to be taken care of, but instead he was taking care of her lol
Aug 11, 2023 12:04 AM
Jan 2021
they better start selling that Yukichi plush as merchandise 
Aug 12, 2023 3:12 AM

Jun 2015
Yukichi low key just managed to sort out everyones nerves about the giant cat being spotted everywhere. A lovely party as well and all were happy. Drunk best girl being rescued at end. Darn I need a black cat in my life
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 19, 2023 5:00 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Coworkers really thought Fukuzawa to be the masterful woman that took care of her cat well enough when the reality its actually the opposite lol. Cute invitation from a cute child, too bad buchou unable to attend too which actually a relief for Fukuzawa and Yukichi, the secret shall keep in a safety, for much longer. Yukichi made up the cute mouse costume, sewing a miniature of his figure, and comes up with such a great idea ot those giant zipper to fool the neighborhood xd. Ofc Yume's family not shocking anymore by the masterful cat visit, even called it a lucky anko cat which actually true indeed. But what's up with the repeated scene in the middle just to showed a little flashback about Yukichi plushy? Another filling-the-gap cut again, Godhands? I think Yukichi shall hit Godhands with the pan instead with that weird decision...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 26, 2023 9:32 PM
Oct 2022
Tha animation is better every week
Sep 24, 2023 1:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cute episode, I especially like how Yukichi managed to go to the birthday party, that was heartwarming
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2023

40 by hurricane567 »»
May 1, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

144 by UzumakiHime »»
Apr 22, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2023

61 by UzumakiHime »»
Apr 22, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2023

54 by UzumakiHime »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

73 by filoshi »»
Apr 20, 10:49 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.