Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2022 4:31 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, this is why merchants who do shady business can't be trusted. Sarasa had every right to be concerned this episode especially when dealing with her business.

I also do like how Sarasa approached her problem this episode. She's getting more experienced more everyday!
Nov 21, 2022 5:18 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like the shady individuals made a appearance again but their plan failed seeing as the girls where on to them.
Sarasa dealt with those bandits pretty easily, and in a good way since the other guy left with a loss.
He got what he deserved tho.
Anyway it seems that the girls will have to watch out from other people as well from time to time.
Nov 21, 2022 5:19 AM

Feb 2020
Good job, Sarasa! You handled the situation like a professional.

But don't tease your friends with the brain freeze. That was a little mean thing to do. xD

Lol at that Zorro look or whatever it is.

SerafosNov 21, 2022 10:37 AM
Nov 21, 2022 5:45 AM

Mar 2021
Well done Sarasa for sending that Merchant packing You never piss off Ms Sarasa
Nov 21, 2022 6:32 AM

Jun 2015
Do not mess with Ms Sarasa!!! I'm totally identifying with the blue haired girl. 'I got a bit worked up.' Yes, totally get it!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 21, 2022 6:50 AM
Jun 2020
Sarasa was absolutely unhinged today
Nov 21, 2022 7:03 AM

Oct 2020
Don't be greedy merchant like him, you will lose every time.
Nov 21, 2022 7:16 AM

Dec 2016
Ugh, this was probably the worst episode so far.

Slow as molases storytelling, tons of infodumping, weekly reminder that Sarasa is an orphan thanks to bandits, cheap boob jokes, and contrived story that miraculously ties Sarasa's parents killers at her dispose.

I didn't think there could be a worse CGDCT with fantasy setting than Average Abilities, but here we are.
KimurahNov 21, 2022 7:21 AM
Nov 21, 2022 8:18 AM

Mar 2013
Such a tragic episode we got here and thankfully, they ended it with this episode. It's like a single side-arc that was crammed in one episode...

This episode gave me a frightening perspective while watching this. This made me again realize the difference of how much of a single person and a group of people can do. Thankfully, Sarasa wasn't alone and thanks to her hard work and effort with her fellow Alchemists, they put a stop to an evil plot that is on an evil spree.

The thing about shaved ice was really hilarious, even if Sarasa's actions would be obvious already because of her grinning at the start of the show. She, of course, got yelled for that and was stunningly hilarious.

Overall, a great episode.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 21, 2022 9:30 AM

May 2019
What a great episode, one of my favorites so far for this series. To start, I knew as soon as I saw the mischievous grin on Sarasa's face when the girls were trying out shaved ice that she was going to have them suffer through brain freeze, haha.

I'm glad that they revisited Sarasa's past with her parents being killed off by bandits since it bothered me there was no closure and while it may not be the same bandit group since she is now located far from where she grew up it was still great to see her take on the bandits personally, yeah don't mess with Sarasa! It's nice to see Sarasa being able to defend herself and take care of those around her.
Nov 21, 2022 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
Well, that's one way of utilizing your OP powers: to make shaved ice for everyone and getting a brainfreeze for someone being in town, leaning to the countryside for a tease.

There's a greedy merchant in the village (Gree Dilly of the Dilly Company), and to make things worse, they're affiliated with bandits, which draws an ire with her. Given how Sarasa just kickstarted her business, it's a way of retaliation, and stating how part of Lorea's family was cut down by bandits, it's the same for Sarasa as well. Both Iris and Kate were definitely taken aback that Ophelia is her master, and a Master Class alchemist at that. Sarasa can joke all she wants, but she can't escape her reality, that's the truth.

This is a classic business tactic between Sarasa and the merchant, and donning a suit as a means of disguise, both raking in stock and overcoming her past fears. "Building a honest business" as a motto, it's a form of respect from being a family child to an orphan, and Sarasa's growing each step every day. And through thorough investigations, Gree associated with bad company is a recipe for disaster, and while Sarasa almost fell into his trap as a novice, her forward plans at least did partial to help her business and taking care of bad company as a form of revenge and karma fills the rest.

Nevertheless, Sarasa's antic play against Gree feels satisfying to deal with his karma of booting him out of the village.
This whole episode is one lesson learnt: do not mess with Sarasa.
Nov 21, 2022 11:00 AM

Jul 2022
This one seemed a little cramped/rushed. Not really sure how I feel about it and will need to take it in as a whole after the series has concluded.
Nov 21, 2022 12:24 PM
Jul 2014
"It's polite to come talk about the prices first."

No, silly, that's called price collusion.
Nov 21, 2022 1:59 PM

Feb 2007
What truly made the revenge perfect was that she made enough money from selling the fangs he had amassed to buy out all the loans and still be in the green. :D
Nov 21, 2022 4:27 PM

Feb 2013
Bandits give up and beg for their lives, so she murders them and takes their money... like a bandit. 🙄
Nov 21, 2022 5:13 PM

Sep 2020
Marenwynn said:
Bandits give up and beg for their lives, so she murders them and takes their money... like a bandit. 🙄

They only have themselves to blame for that.
They initiated the fight and went for the kill and she replied in kind.
Nov 21, 2022 5:21 PM

Sep 2018
This has similar vibes to Leadale, especially the MC lol...
Nov 21, 2022 5:49 PM

Feb 2019
Sarasa's one scary businesswoman lol
But Gree Dilly (what a name! lol but it fits the character to a freaking T!) sure got a taste of his own nasty medicine lol
Nov 21, 2022 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
Kimurah said:
Ugh, this was probably the worst episode so far.

Slow as molases storytelling, tons of infodumping, weekly reminder that Sarasa is an orphan thanks to bandits, cheap boob jokes, and contrived story that miraculously ties Sarasa's parents killers at her dispose.

I didn't think there could be a worse CGDCT with fantasy setting than Average Abilities, but here we are.

Agreed... it was boring and that boob joke was out of pocket, it didn't really even make sense in the context. I love this shot of Sarasa, though
Nov 21, 2022 6:55 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The plot was interesting this time, a merchant named Gree Dilly trying to suffocate Sarasa financially and also attempting to harass her with bandits, it was definitely just attempted lol, Sarasa fucked those guys up. I know it was light on the violence but I’m pretty sure it was hinted that she killed those guys, and it does fit with Sarasa’s personality and backstory, they were super generic tho lol, that line where they said they “take things that don’t belong to them” got a laugh out of me, felt like I was watching Dora the Explorer.

But Dilly’s scheme went under thanks to Sarasa and the help of that one alchemist, man could only scrounge up three coins for his acquired goods. It was also nice how Sarasa helped out the alchemists he forced to work for him, she made it out to be a scheme but that’s not really why she did it. Also Sarasa’s disguise was nice earlier in the episode even tho it wasn’t necessary at all lol, and the bit where she threatened to steal Kate and Iris’ booba was hilarious, it’s interesting to know you can make potions to give yourself a better figure in this world too.
Nov 21, 2022 7:23 PM

Nov 2013
never ever make sarasa mad lol

stupid thugs (at least in anime) always the same thing, ganging up on people like that and then crying when they lose
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 22, 2022 1:30 AM

Oct 2007
she will take breasts from other girls? Good thing it's just a joke. xD

anyway, liking how Sarasa is consistent when angered during a fight. I remember on the episode where a Grizzly threatened Lorea. She got mad and still killed the bear, even when the bear was already trying to run away. This time she killed bandits who already surrendered, because she got angry on the things they said.

and that greedy merchant must have taken great financial loss from thousands of near worthless bat fangs.

GakutoDeathGlare said:
This has similar vibes to Leadale, especially the MC lol...

yeah, feels similar but here

Liddo-kunNov 22, 2022 3:42 AM
Nov 22, 2022 2:12 AM

Dec 2015
tough as nails on the inside, cute n cuddly on the outside! :>
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Nov 22, 2022 8:06 AM
Sep 2021
Decent, Sarasa used her brilliant tactics on the business and defeated her opponent badly.
I give it 6/10.
Nov 22, 2022 8:54 AM

Sep 2020
Good to see that Sasara didn't let them go beat them up hard, very satisfying episode.
Nov 22, 2022 11:20 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ya know... I kinda don't like Sarasa. I like that she's resourceful and such, but so much about her seems to rub me the wrong way. They kinda paint her as this person who's gone through rough times, has persevered, and deserves every win she gets. Yet for some reason, it doesn't feel all that satisfying dealing with her and she doesn't feel all that relatable for me. She makes mistakes sometimes, but it's kinda like she kinda just does well for the most part. The endings where they show her losses just kinda feel like it's a way to keep an illusion that she's a balanced character, but nothing about her feels balanced for me and she actually feels a little flat-- which is sad because I do actually like that she's got the whole kinda sinister, competent, yet resourceful side to her... yet she's still unlikable. I don't know how they've managed to do that. I think it just feels like, despite everything, it just feels like she's always right.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 24, 2022 11:01 AM

Oct 2008
Sarasa is really an OP field warrior alchemist!
those bandit thugs are like nothing to her rage!
5/5.

Dec 4, 2022 12:25 AM

Nov 2012
Saras has a good head for business.
Dec 5, 2022 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
Swiggy said:
Ya know... I kinda don't like Sarasa. I like that she's resourceful and such, but so much about her seems to rub me the wrong way. They kinda paint her as this person who's gone through rough times, has persevered, and deserves every win she gets. Yet for some reason, it doesn't feel all that satisfying dealing with her and she doesn't feel all that relatable for me. She makes mistakes sometimes, but it's kinda like she kinda just does well for the most part. The endings where they show her losses just kinda feel like it's a way to keep an illusion that she's a balanced character, but nothing about her feels balanced for me and she actually feels a little flat-- which is sad because I do actually like that she's got the whole kinda sinister, competent, yet resourceful side to her... yet she's still unlikable. I don't know how they've managed to do that. I think it just feels like, despite everything, it just feels like she's always right.

Yeah, she's not a particularly interesting MC. She just comes off as greedy.
Dec 12, 2022 6:51 PM
Jan 2021
Sarasa goes Brock Samson on some bandits! Or she goes Batman on them. You tell me. This slice of life fantasy goes dark while for a few minutes. Definitely my favorite episode so far. The rest of the episode is par for the course. Good job y'all.
Dec 17, 2022 5:39 AM
Nov 2020
The bandits targeting her had it coming. They were gonna kill her so guess what, she kills them before they do. Should have had more blood and I wanted to see psycho mass murderer Sarasa laughing like a maniac while standing on top of their corpses.
Dec 18, 2022 5:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Annoying "merchant" really though he could scam and attack Sarasa's business like that, that's a well deserved counter attack against these thugs, problem cleared now ahaha
Dec 20, 2022 12:27 PM

Nov 2009
And more Shaddy Merchant,

Tho I wouldn't really call them "Greedy" as they're actually paying more to buy the frost fangs? (literally no scamming involved) and why the hell does a store have to discuss with another store before they can buy stuff from other people? THE FUCK?... (imagine if "Walmart" wants to buy/ sell something, they have to get approval from "Target"... LOL)

And calling the people in Black Robes bandit simply cause of stereotyping since the dude followed them and the "bandits" didn't do anything but just leave peacefully... ok... get some more evidence before calling people guilty eh? (like at least see them commit a crime or something, cause I am pretty sure we saw Alchemists at the beginning of series wearing black robes too, lol)

___ ___ ___

Also... Ophelia (Master) is so famous... that somehow the girls didn't recognize her at first? huh? Nice Fans.... that doesn't even know who they're admiring...

Then Sarasa has the flashback of her dead parents (multiple times)

And Sarasa counters by raising the purchasing price, and the other Merchant also raise their price.

What's interesting is Sarasa thinks the Merchant is targeting her cause the dude said "I have a lot of rivals and they seem to be having a tough time", cause the Merchant is buying up a lot of Frost Fangs...

You think they're targets you? he might just be targeting any other store/ Market that's also buying Frost Fang, Sarasa's is just the one that's buying the most of it before...

___ ___ ___

And then we get more Murder... they're literally trying to Genocide the Frost Bats, since they're also killing off all the babies too.

At this point, Sarasa is going CORPA trying to monopolize the Frostfang Market and making it so no other Merchant can buy and sell them, only Sarasa can... (the shaddy merchant isn't stopping anyone from buying, he's literally just buying at a higher price)

And the shaddy merchant isn't all that shaddy, "he makes alchemists with debt work for him"... Isn't that what Sarasa did with Iris? LUUUL

And messing with ingredients... by buying all the ingredients at a higher than market price... that's pretty much Real Life (Reversed) Scalping that's deemed Legal in most parts of the World... nothing Illegal going on here. (aka, gaming console Scalping, look it up)

Since the shaddy merchants is buying at a higher price, but not selling at a higher price.

___ ___ ___

Tho Sarasa gets ambushed? (she ran right toward them, that's just standing in the middle of open field) by Bandits.

And the shaddy merchant now wants to leave, but why... is she trying to sell the frostfang to Sarasa? I am pretty sure you can sell them at other towns/ cities too? huh... (could just travel farther to sell if the neighbor town is also low price...)

And how did the shaddy merchant get a "debt"? I thought they said it was him getting other ppls a "debt"? (cause I am pretty sure the bandits aren't going to ask for money since they're jailed?)

Also... if the price dropped, how the hell did Sarasa resell them back out for 8.5 million dollar?

Doesn't this mean Sarasa is also doing Scalping? you being Shaddy too Sarasa?
amlgDec 20, 2022 12:53 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 24, 2022 2:17 PM

Jul 2015
Nobody messin with Sarasa blooming business empire

Dec 29, 2022 8:23 PM

Aug 2014
they messed with the wrong person XD
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 31, 2022 7:47 AM

Feb 2021
A war between merchant are business :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 2, 2023 4:58 PM

Dec 2018
bros his name was literally Gree Dilly. i mean seriously come on now.
Jul 20, 2023 1:57 AM
Jan 2018
It’s kind of amusing and ironic that they begged for there life , how many of there victims that they killed did the same ?
Dec 21, 2023 3:53 AM
Aug 2023
Reply to amlg
And more Shaddy Merchant,

Tho I wouldn't really call them "Greedy" as they're actually paying more to buy the frost fangs? (literally no scamming involved) and why the hell does a store have to discuss with another store before they can buy stuff from other people? THE FUCK?... (imagine if "Walmart" wants to buy/ sell something, they have to get approval from "Target"... LOL)

And calling the people in Black Robes bandit simply cause of stereotyping since the dude followed them and the "bandits" didn't do anything but just leave peacefully... ok... get some more evidence before calling people guilty eh? (like at least see them commit a crime or something, cause I am pretty sure we saw Alchemists at the beginning of series wearing black robes too, lol)

___ ___ ___

Also... Ophelia (Master) is so famous... that somehow the girls didn't recognize her at first? huh? Nice Fans.... that doesn't even know who they're admiring...

Then Sarasa has the flashback of her dead parents (multiple times)

And Sarasa counters by raising the purchasing price, and the other Merchant also raise their price.

What's interesting is Sarasa thinks the Merchant is targeting her cause the dude said "I have a lot of rivals and they seem to be having a tough time", cause the Merchant is buying up a lot of Frost Fangs...

You think they're targets you? he might just be targeting any other store/ Market that's also buying Frost Fang, Sarasa's is just the one that's buying the most of it before...

___ ___ ___

And then we get more Murder... they're literally trying to Genocide the Frost Bats, since they're also killing off all the babies too.

At this point, Sarasa is going CORPA trying to monopolize the Frostfang Market and making it so no other Merchant can buy and sell them, only Sarasa can... (the shaddy merchant isn't stopping anyone from buying, he's literally just buying at a higher price)

And the shaddy merchant isn't all that shaddy, "he makes alchemists with debt work for him"... Isn't that what Sarasa did with Iris? LUUUL

And messing with ingredients... by buying all the ingredients at a higher than market price... that's pretty much Real Life (Reversed) Scalping that's deemed Legal in most parts of the World... nothing Illegal going on here. (aka, gaming console Scalping, look it up)

Since the shaddy merchants is buying at a higher price, but not selling at a higher price.

___ ___ ___

Tho Sarasa gets ambushed? (she ran right toward them, that's just standing in the middle of open field) by Bandits.

And the shaddy merchant now wants to leave, but why... is she trying to sell the frostfang to Sarasa? I am pretty sure you can sell them at other towns/ cities too? huh... (could just travel farther to sell if the neighbor town is also low price...)

And how did the shaddy merchant get a "debt"? I thought they said it was him getting other ppls a "debt"? (cause I am pretty sure the bandits aren't going to ask for money since they're jailed?)

Also... if the price dropped, how the hell did Sarasa resell them back out for 8.5 million dollar?

Doesn't this mean Sarasa is also doing Scalping? you being Shaddy too Sarasa?
amlg said:

They likely know of her fame by name, and not having met nor seen her. This fantasy world doesn't seem to have photos.
amlg said:

Murder is a legal term for the unjustified killing of humans (and I suppose demi-humans and other recognized sapient creatures who could qualify to be a citizen or fall under the protection of a kingdom), the term "murder" does not apply to animals and monsters because they're not recognized as a person under the law, nor do they fall under the protection as a person by the law. It's just classified as "killing" for animals and monsters which can be justified or not. Who cares about the Frost Bats being over harvested, I doubt there's any laws preventing overfishing in this fantasy world, nor any authority recognized to have the jurisdiction to do so. Even if there was, there would need to be enforcement for over fishing/harvesting, no enforcement equals might as well not even have the a law for such.

Yeah, I'm being very overly obtused and a stickler here, but I'm mirroring the original post's attitude. Bandits are killing people, and people are killing bandits, if the law is inadequate to even acknowledge that (no authorities involved with Sarasa's parents deaths), why even think Frost Bat genocide would be given a second thought?
amlg said:
What's interesting is Sarasa thinks the Merchant is targeting her cause the dude said "I have a lot of rivals and they seem to be having a tough time"

It's a really small town she's living in, Sarasa the only competition besides the general store.
amlg said:
Sarasa is going CORPA trying to monopolize the Frostfang Market and making it so no other Merchant can buy and sell them, only Sarasa can

You condoned everything else the merchant's doing, but you got a problem when Sarasa does it? The merchant literally hires bandits as the other alchemist confirms. And even if it's wrong for Sarasa to monopolize the market, so what? She's just utilizing her contacts, and business associates. Just doing business like the merchant.
amlg said:

The merchant caused the financial ruin of the alchemists that are in his debt in order to have them in his debt, Sarasa did not cause Iris's wounds nor misfortune.
amlg said:
Scalping that's deemed Legal in most parts of the World... nothing Illegal going on here.

I don't think Sarasa said it was illegal, anyways she didn't call the cops.
amlg said:

The nearest town is 3 days on foot (Sarasa gets there in hours because of her magic), can't sell there because of Sarasa's friend alchemist in on taking down the merchant, and the other alchemist being a scammer. Any other town is more than 3 days away, and it seems like the merchant took out loans to be pulling his scam which he desperately needs to pay back soon. Thus the only one willing to buy right away is Sarasa, at a substantially reduced price.
amlg said:
And how did the shaddy merchant get a "debt"? I thought they said it was him getting other ppls a "debt"?

He probably took out loans to be able to buy so much Frost Bat fangs at higher prices. After Sarasa price matched, the merchant raised his buying price by 50%, which is kind of crazy as it would put him in the red very quickly. The other people's debts he has is the alchemist he scammed, meaning they owe him money but he doesn't have their money right then. The end screen show Sarasa bought out those debts, meaning Sarasa paid the alchemist debts to the merchant, thus those alchemist owe Sarasa their debt now instead of the merchant.
amlg said:

Sarasa probably sold them to her master via the teleportation circle. Since Sarasa's master is in the capital 1 month away, it's a completely separate market where the price hasn't tanked by oversupply.

More topics from this board

» This is very good! A hidden gem!

RjtheGreat14 - Mar 3

11 by JadeHoxen »»
Mar 6, 8:40 PM

» I Can't Wait To Watch Full Moe Alchemist

Roderick24_ - Sep 12, 2022

7 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Mar 3, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2022

50 by DEMSpirit »»
Feb 27, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2022

24 by TMSH_Aku »»
Jan 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2022

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Dec 20, 2023 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.