Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 25, 2020 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, for a series' finale, this turned out to be a wildly amusing episode.

Misaka and one of her clone sisters also got some screen time. I love their character chemistry tbh. It's a pretty relaxing finale despite all the drama that happened. Kuriba Ryouko and her clone also makes another appearance with their talk about Indian Poker. I think as someone smart as her, she knows the effects of such technology. This season overall is a 9/10 for me.
Stark700Sep 25, 2020 6:43 AM
Sep 25, 2020 6:39 AM

Jul 2013
lmao, roughly 60% of this episode was just filler.
Felt largely underwhelming to me tbh.

But hey Mitori looked pretty good in her outfit.

Gonna have to give it a 7 out of 10. Dream ranker arc felt kinda dull honestly.
SandyBoiSep 25, 2020 7:47 AM
Sep 25, 2020 6:40 AM

Apr 2016
Aww man, I'm definitely gonna miss this show. The best and the most perfect adaptation of Toaru series so far. It's kinda unfortunate that we won't get another Railgun season atleast for a couple of years unless they decide to adapt side stories like Liberal Arts City, Shopping Mall Demonstration etc.

9/10
Sep 25, 2020 6:51 AM

Nov 2007
No OP.

Stopping Cyborg girl that fast?

Scientist guy wanting to continue w. the experiment and kept scientist girl hostage. She got gunshot and he ran away.

Misaki girl stopped him.

Judgement group meeting Misaki girl group.

Sister got well. Kotobuki-san's character appears again.

The three girls from last arc spending time together. Scientist girl had conversation w. cyborg girl.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 25, 2020 6:54 AM

Mar 2019
Nice ending, really hope for another season.

Sep 25, 2020 7:17 AM

Apr 2010
It's a shame it ended but let's hope we don't have to wait 5 years for another season this time.

Anyway it was nice seeing all the girls again Kongou's reactions where nice.
And there girls reaction to Misaki was funny i really want to see more of her.
Sep 25, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2012
Nice ending for an amazing season! Expected to be mostly filler, they always show off all the characters in the end.

Kuroko meeting Misaki and that tease for her working for Misaki ... Love their reactions and Uiharu with Saten meeting Junko =/

Pretty cute that they made Kongou meet 10032, now she is Ich-chan!

The scavenger interaction are the best!

Dolly slowly going out and enjoying new stuff. Hope to see more!

Overall 9,5/10 ronding to 10 =/ Really love the first half and was waitiing this arc to be animated for such a long time! The scene with 5.1 animated was amazing! Also the Daihaseisai folk dance with Saten and Uiharu wingmaning! The dragon fight could've been a bit better but i still liked it very much.

Hoping for F season, next arc is prety cool and funny, but also pretty questionable.
allenjkeSep 25, 2020 8:17 AM
Sep 25, 2020 7:40 AM

Oct 2017
The season finale was great and it was great to see everyone again.

Scavenger's part was hilarious. Watching Misaki, Junko, Saten, Uiharu, Kuroko and Misaka all in one place was very amusing. Misaka 10032's part was sweet. Dopple came back in Kuriba's dream and she's giving her improvement lessons XD.

This season was a blast. End of the first arc was proly my fav. Misaki, Sogita and Touma all were dope in that part. I loved the Touma x Misaka festival dance scene. The oppai episode was the funniest.

The best Railgun anime season so far, 9/10 from me.
MegamiRemSep 26, 2020 12:58 AM
Sep 25, 2020 7:41 AM

Jul 2016
Not sure what should I think about the filler scenes on this episode, was that Uiharu and Saten recognizing Junko scene a Astral Buddy reference? I don't remember they have ever meet each other on the Railgun manga before aside of that spin-off (Astral Buddy anime adaptation confirmed? Lol).

Well, at least the ending doesn't seem half bad at all. Kinda disappointed that "guy" (Kihara Noukan) didn't appear in the last episode lol.

In the end, I will rate a 7/7.5 in total for Railgun T (I would give it a 8 if not because I have never interested at following Railgun in general).
Sep 25, 2020 8:10 AM

Aug 2017
Due to this virus, it killed the hype of the series quite a bit but for me it was an improvement in many aspects. We will have to wait a long time for a possible fourth season. I was concerned with pacing by including two canon arcs. Fortunately, it turned out positive in the end. 8/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 25, 2020 9:44 AM

Feb 2019
What a great way to end the season. Everyone got a nice and satisfactory conclusion to their arcs. Glad Doppelganger is finally at peace too. Shoutout to JC staff for an amazing job this season. 25 episodes were all excellently done. I’m really gonna miss watching this on Fridays, but with this out the way, maybe we’ll get a NT anime announcement soon? My Review’s up now as well!
Sep 25, 2020 9:46 AM

Aug 2013
Great ending for a great season. The best of Railgun imo. 9/10. Guess we'll have to wait quite a bit for another season.

Misaka calling MISAKA 10032 her sister when talking to Kongou was the best thing in this episode imo.

Good to see Dolly all happy and all. She deserves it after all that has happened to her.

Sep 25, 2020 9:59 AM

Feb 2016
This was the best of all Railgun seasons. It was sad to see this end even though it got delayed by 3 months.

There probably won't be new Railgun season announcement anytime soon as there's not enough source material for 2-cour.

I really want the next Toaru announcement to be NT adaptation but I have my fears looking at how they massacred Index S3.
Sep 25, 2020 10:02 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Aversa said:
It's a shame it ended but let's hope we don't have to wait 5 years for another season this time.

Sadly its going to take a few years for another arc in the manga to complete on top of finishing the current arc, so unless we do a 12 episode season 4, it will be a long wait.
Sep 25, 2020 10:05 AM
Mar 2020
The episode was awesome for a finale 😀
But I missed the OP though well never mind got some more content minutes : ).
I hope railgun's next season comes pretty soon. 10/10 always has been
Sep 25, 2020 10:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this is easily the best show of the year for me! And this finale, so wholesome and a real sense of closure. What's up with today with all the shows having great final episodes?

My heartfelt thanks to the Staff and everyone working behind the scenes for seeing this through to completion though. It's been a long 9 months but I wouldn't have another way than having Railgun episodes slotted for the Fridays! Wait between the two arcs was tough, I tell you.

Doppelganger's true intentions are finally out and it is quite tough to digest honestly, the loneliness and pain of not having a soul and a missing suicide button. Certainly a psychological aspect I wasn't expecting given how the arc started off but a fine closure nonetheless.

Lol @ the horrifying dreams though, I suppose it's like karma from the Dream Ranker cards. How very fitting that she's totally bossing around too, xD. Formidable enemy, a sign of respect from the Railgun, that's sweet.

And back to the nice and cozy SOL, we are. Kuroko's usual antics are always a treat but adding a little bit Shokuho's charm was better than I expected. Definitely a wonderful addition to the cast, Shokuho. Saten-san and Uiharu speechless in front of Shokuho and Railgun jealous of it was a nice little moment too.

Shokuho's own little group going out for aquarium exploring, I can't put into words how wholesome this was! Just fantastic. Shokuho looks truly happy with the two as well, always puts a smile on my face that.

And last but not least, "as long as we're together" to reinforce the episode title, awesome! When's my Season 4 now, J.C. Staff?

To be frankly honest though, I probably enjoyed the first arc quite a bit more. Sisters Arc is still my favourite of the series, though. But season-wise, this third season takes the throne for me.

Railgun is undoubtedly the best in the Index franchise (animated versions, at least) and I want more of it! J.C. Staff clearly prioritise this series too so I'll be waiting anxiously...

Strong 9/10 and AOTY seal from me!

Let's see what they've got in store for us on 18th of Oct.

https://twitter.com/toaru_project/status/1309532050387476480

Edit: Crap, I totally forgot the Dark Organization. Nice to see them getting a little screentime and getting back on their feet. Some nice fanservice too, lol. Paper girl really is a tenshi when she's not out for blood and mischief.
_MushiRock11_Sep 25, 2020 10:29 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 25, 2020 10:25 AM

Aug 2009
Probably the first time I enjoyed fillers in Railgun.

They changed how Misaka got Kuriba to the hospital by making Misaka call Kuroko instead of waiting for Seikie and Naru.

Astral Buddy shenanigans with Kuroko,Misaki, Junko, Saten and Uiharu.

Dolly, Mitori and Misaki scene.

Misaka, 10032 and Kongou.

Great adaptation and some welcome changes.

I wish all Railgun and Index seasons were like that. And I hope NT gets a similar treatment.
Sep 25, 2020 10:28 AM

Jan 2019
Sweet and nice way to end the arc. Loved all those scenes where the characters interact with eachother, like Uiharu and Saten with Junko (Astral Buddy reference!), and Misaki with Mitori and Dolly. Also love how 10032 meets Kongo.

Anyway, I see people talking about fillers as if they are inherently bad, but if they didn't add them, it wouldn't even fit the episode length if you look at the final few scenes of the manga. Besides, it was a pretty chill way to end considering all the crazy shit that happened.

Overall, amazing Railgun season! Almost as good as S (soft spot for Sisters arc). Hope for F at some point, but that'll take a while when they're not even done with Jailbreaker arc. So J.C. Staff...

NT please. (or Astral Buddy)
Sep 25, 2020 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
I initially was going to give this season a 3/10 a few weeks back, but after reading the Railgun manga and rewatching the season in a binge (except this final episode), I liked it a lot more than before. Still not great, but it's a very fine season, that only falls a bit short of season 2. I'd give it a 6/10 overall for this edition. Not a bad season after refreshing myself with it.
Sep 25, 2020 10:47 AM
Oct 2017
everything came together wholesomely. misaka calling ich-chan sis was just perfect.
hopefully s4 happens sooner rather then way later. 10/10
SarcadiusNov 28, 2021 3:21 PM
Sep 25, 2020 10:51 AM

Oct 2014
Gonna suck not having to aru for a while, might actually have to go and pick up some of the light novels. Definitely an 8/10 from me, I loved almost everything in this season from start to finish. The Railgun cast is so much fun compared to the other parts of toaru.
Sep 25, 2020 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
animejas said:
I initially was going to give this season a 3/10 a few weeks back, but after reading the Railgun manga and rewatching the season in a binge (except this final episode), I liked it a lot more than before. Still not great, but it's a very fine season, that only falls a bit short of season 2. I'd give it a 6/10 overall for this edition. Not a bad season after refreshing myself with it.

Yea I need to really catch up on that manga. I didn't want to spoil myself at the time, hence I had it on hold up to this point.
So sad that the Index adaptations just can't compare :P
Sep 25, 2020 12:00 PM
Nov 2018
Frick.. I am fckin addicted to Toaru series.. And now is end of the season. I'm gonna miss it and I also know we'll not get 4th season any soon. But damn it was good :D
Sep 25, 2020 12:03 PM

Jul 2017
Ryuseishun said:
animejas said:

Yea I need to really catch up on that manga. I didn't want to spoil myself at the time, hence I had it on hold up to this point.
So sad that the Index adaptations just can't compare :P

I'm not sure if its just the adaptation or the material itself, but I'll find out how the Index light novels are one day (there are 50 approx volumes of it though so might take some time there).

Regarding Railgun, yeah the manga definitely helped to some degree. I still think the start isn't that good (season 1 portion) and the Sisters Arc was fairly good, but the big difference was binging the S3 portion with a refreshed mind made it a lot more enjoyable for me compared to how it was before. It helps that I actually really liked Shokuhou this time compared to before, so it's not just Misaka carrying the cast for me as well as the story just being better from my perspective now.
Sep 25, 2020 12:11 PM

Jun 2015
I liked it, on a subliminal level you always know somethings going to be awesome when the merge the show into the intro and outro. We got some nice moments, frog communicator group on message. Im guessing they merged the souls from the dialogue but Im not sure. Either way. We need more Rail gun!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 25, 2020 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
It's been 9 months and Railgun T came to an end. What a wild ride it has been, especially with the delays this season has suffered due to covid-19. It was from the get go my most hyped up series and I am glad that 9 months later, that didn't change.

The interactions between the main cast never gets boring, I love how Shokuhou also feels part of that cast now. If anything this season, I have really grown a liking towards Shokuhou. I disregarded her as complete annoyance in the first two seasons. All I can add to that, more seasons please with more Misaka/Shokuhou banter ^^

Overall, great season! Perhaps the weakest of the 3 so far. Dream ranker wasn't as interesting as some other arcs but still pretty good. Daihasei Festival arc however was phenomenal!
Daihasei Festival Arc: 10/10
Dream Ranker Arc: 8/10

9/10 for the season!
Sep 25, 2020 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
very light finale compared to the other two seasons. while the other two were obviously better (sees above comment and is baffled that some think this is the best one), T was still fun to watch despite the neverending delays. 8/10
only negatives were:
• Doppelganger didnt feel like the season ending final boss and she pretty came from outta nowhere with no build
• the final battle didnt trigger “only my railgun” and/or “judgelight”
Sep 25, 2020 1:18 PM

Apr 2020
I'm not surprised the Doppelganger continues to exist inside Kuriba. It was fun while it lasted. I hope we get another Index, Railgun, or Accelerator anime soon.

Sep 25, 2020 1:18 PM

Jan 2008
Was kind of expecting Misaka to bring up her clone story or reference it to the doppleganger, they are kind of similar in a way. Kind of felt like she was even thinking about it while doppleganger was bringing up counterfeits. Was happy to see her visiting one of them this episode, which honestly feels related to that moment.

Going to absolutely miss this show, definitely one of my favorites this and the past season. Really going to miss the Misaka and Misaki antics. I'm not sure how much more source material the series has but I hope to see more of the Railgun series in the future.
Sep 25, 2020 2:05 PM
Nov 2017
Hoping for an astral buddy announcement soon considering it ties into dream ranker
Sep 25, 2020 2:09 PM

Jul 2020
The ending was a bit too dull for my taste nevertheless Great anime overall
Glad I watched it all
I did prefer the Daihasei Festival Arc more than the Dream Ranker Arc.

Still, I do hope a sequel will come sooner rather than later
Sep 25, 2020 2:24 PM

Mar 2015
Good series. The ED music reminded me of Your Name, even though this clearly was not performed by RADWIMPS.
The sword that takes life gives life
Sep 25, 2020 3:20 PM

Jan 2020
Lol Kongou doesnt even questioning about how the hell her sister have the same face as Misaka and the way she talk too O_o

Its really great season 8.5/10
Sep 25, 2020 3:40 PM

Oct 2010
8/10. Not the best season but still solid
Sep 25, 2020 3:42 PM

Nov 2019
This is easily the best Railgun Season with the least filler content, absence of uncreative anime originals, characters staying true to themselves, and J.C. Staff rocking it with their animation inspite of the unfavorable situation.

Gets a 9/10 surely.

Daihasei Arc was as awesome as I wanted it to be adapted, and they did justice to the Dream Ranker Arc too. Truly peak adaptation.

Nothing new to say because I read the source, but that AB manga reference at the end was cool, tho too bad it can't be adapted unless NT is adapted a bit (which seems like a dream now).

Pretty lighthearted ending, as the Doppelganger saga ends in a bittersweet manner. Till next time; let's hope the next Toaru anime isn't too far away...
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Sep 25, 2020 3:51 PM

Jan 2019
Laplace_kun said:
This is easily the best Railgun Season with the least filler content, absence of uncreative anime originals, characters staying true to themselves, and J.C. Staff rocking it with their animation inspite of the unfavorable situation.

Gets a 9/10 surely.

Daihasei Arc was as awesome as I wanted it to be adapted, and they did justice to the Dream Ranker Arc too. Truly peak adaptation.

Nothing new to say because I read the source, but that AB manga reference at the end was cool, tho too bad it can't be adapted unless NT is adapted a bit (which seems like a dream now).

Pretty lighthearted ending, as the Doppelganger saga ends in a bittersweet manner. Till next time; let's hope the next Toaru anime isn't too far away...
They can always try to omit or change things a bit in order to adapt AB so it makes sense without NT. The story is pretty self-contained since it's primarily about Junko, so I believe it can maybe work.
Sep 25, 2020 3:57 PM

Jan 2018
I heard the author didn't want to continue the story, specially after all the bad critics index 3 got, but to be fair index 3 was bad.
but since this series has been great and it received nothing but beautiful reviews I hope it gives the author the positive reinforcement he need to continue his story, this has been the best of all to aru and I'm so glad I watched it
Sep 25, 2020 4:12 PM

May 2018
abyss_will said:
I heard the author didn't want to continue the story, specially after all the bad critics index 3 got, but to be fair index 3 was bad.
but since this series has been great and it received nothing but beautiful reviews I hope it gives the author the positive reinforcement he need to continue his story, this has been the best of all to aru and I'm so glad I watched it

That's not true at all.
The author is writing this series for years with extremely good reviews and sales, if they want they have enough material to make a lot more seasons of Index (Railgun on the other hand doesn't have enough material for now).

The problem is only with the Index anime adaptations because they are bad but it didn't discourage the author as far as I know.

Sep 25, 2020 4:21 PM

Apr 2010
ACasualViewer said:
Aversa said:

Sadly its going to take a few years for another arc in the manga to complete on top of finishing the current arc, so unless we do a 12 episode season 4, it will be a long wait.
The manga isn't the source material tho, the Light Novel is and i believe quite a few volumes are out from those.
Sep 25, 2020 4:23 PM

Dec 2009
Finally it's finished airing.
Unfortunately I haven't finished rewatching Index to Railgun completely until I watch this.
'Looking forward to it.
Sep 25, 2020 4:30 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Aversa said:
ACasualViewer said:

The manga isn't the source material tho, the Light Novel is and i believe quite a few volumes are out from those.

You're wrong there, the Railgun manga is an entirely separate spin off, it is canon to the novels, but the novels dont have any of the arcs of the manga in them except for the sisters noise arc.
Sep 25, 2020 4:37 PM

May 2019
After the storm comes the calm. Doppelganger accepts Kuriba and gave its last breath to save her. Misaka and Misaki made a good team this season. A warm and tender episode to put the finishing touch and close this magnificent season.

It has been a pleasure to follow this season with all of you, with a lot of desire and hope to enjoy a 4th one if circumstances allow it
Sep 25, 2020 4:42 PM

Aug 2019
I wish we could of seen the fight but overall I liked the episode, well now to wait a few years for anything related to this series to come out.
Sep 25, 2020 4:52 PM

Jun 2020
Astral buddy reference caught me off guard tbh. Maybe that gets an adaption when after next season of index?
Sep 25, 2020 5:52 PM

Jun 2012
So they're trying to tack on the friendship theme with the last epiosde. Feels forced because 3/4 of the characters weren't even involved in the last arc.
On that note it didn't make sense how Kuruko sees someone who has been shot and we don't even see her question anything; that is very out of character. It's also been shown that Misaka doesn't want her friends involved in the dark side so it's weird to see Misaka just calling her like that out of the blue.
The stuff with doppelganger was weak. It is not clear to me how doppelganger (and Misaka) knows she doesn't have a soul.

It's always adorable how Mitsuko hides her face when she's embarrassed.

It was an alright season. First arc was decent and the two short arc for Kuroko and Satan/Frenda were good. I didn't like Shokuhou to begin with and at the end I still don't like her.
Haunt-botSep 25, 2020 6:08 PM
Shoot first, think never.
Sep 25, 2020 6:27 PM

Dec 2018
8/10 just because of delays sadly.
Sep 25, 2020 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
chief's kiss railgun best season yet had a blast in each arc while i'm happy everyone ended on a happy note after this arc was hoping at first for more tie ins to index to at least improve some aspects of it like i don't know the date we ended up but misaka pretty much goes to the index 3 arc not long after all of this right

9/10

Astral Buddy when not sure if i need to read it or we might get a adaptation !
Sep 25, 2020 9:01 PM

Dec 2017
Huh, it's actually over. Quite the misfortunate timing for this to begin airing at the start of 2020 especially given that with all the delays it seemed that production was not done that far in advance. I have to say that i probably liked the Daihasei arc more overall though it was nice to see the season return for Dream Raker.

Would be nice to see more Toaru anime though. Hopefully once the BDs are finished for this one will be announced, regardless i guess it's time to read Index NT and maybe the manga for Railgun since afaik the first season didn't adapt it faithfully.
Objectivity? In my anime scoring? Of course not...
Sep 25, 2020 10:33 PM

Feb 2012
I have to say
Misaki stealing Misaka enr of season Catch Phrase was ammusing xD lol
There is no dull moment in AC
IarIzSep 25, 2020 10:42 PM
i wish and dream for the Future where everyone i care can Smile happily from their heart. But no matter where i look. how ever i see... there s no me. im not there. Just like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 26, 2020 12:49 AM

Feb 2015
so we have last order and misaka worst with accelerator, we have dolly which i assume the very origin of misaka's clone with misaki, and we have thousands of misaka clone in hospital with misaka herself.(based from what i saw in the anime)

im totally amaze with it. this thing is actually really big.
it feels like disaster waiting to happen

Misaki stealing misaka's catch phrase in the end is the proof that they are getting along i think
imagine both of them forming a group of people to solve the problem that both of them cannot overcome...
YizelTroSep 26, 2020 12:54 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2020

92 by StateofOhayo »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2020

127 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2020

105 by cebrayillia »»
Mar 15, 4:03 PM

» Season 4?

removed-user - Jan 20, 2022

10 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

56 by Karva1 »»
Mar 4, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.