Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 25, 2020 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chika came prepared this episode with those bunny ears lol

Looks like we got the moongazing episode. The jacket lending scene was gold though for Kaguya. Both she and Miyuki sold their dialogues so well. Relieving the memories of the student council together is also fun.

Chika's tears though...
Apr 25, 2020 7:51 AM

Jul 2014
Wonder if others also recognize the slight character artstyle change in this ep compared to ep 1 and 2 which made em look slightly more woobly like to this more refined clean style.
Character design aside another great ep, Shirogane got so embarrassed he released a KAMEHAMEHA. Ishi being emo af when they were talkin about stuffs that happened where he wasnt around got me lol.
Apr 25, 2020 8:03 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Easily my favorite episode of the show yet. Bittersweet. This might be the most fun I am having with a seasonal anime since Sangatsu no Lion S2.

6/5
cchiguApr 25, 2020 8:30 AM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 25, 2020 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
The anime never disappoints. We get to see a lot of interactions between the student council and for almost an entire episode? Rare sight to see.

Kaguya and Shirogane are much closer together than before, that's great, and Kaguya finally mentioned the events of the fireworks to him.

Lots of beautiful shots throughout the episode, and lots of laughter and tears. Iino tease at the end of the episode.

Goodbye, student council

The remix of the most iconic ost is epic.

Don't expect a special ED for this episode. Give it a few more episodes.

5/5 as always.
MxxxstationApr 25, 2020 8:24 AM
Apr 25, 2020 8:05 AM

Mar 2019
It would have been more good if they could have added a few more chapters just before the ones in this episode... like the Nagisa Kashiwagi Can’t Watch it happen(chapter 51)
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Apr 25, 2020 8:11 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Mohammadalmannai said:
I mean, it is not guaranteed that we will get one for this season.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 25, 2020 8:25 AM

Apr 2015
cchigu said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

That's true, but I still have hope, if I don't see one by episode 8 then I don't think there will be a special ed.
Apr 25, 2020 9:14 AM

Feb 2019
Let’s gooo, after a week of cancellations, we still got Bakaguya

The moongazing scene was perfectly done. It’s really cool how Shirogane’s passion for astronomy allowed him to share some of his real feelings without getting all flustered or running away like normal.

Jesus, is Ishigami alive after getting battered with that fan?

Awww, Chika 😔 https://imgur.com/a/aLFdOEK . That actually broke my heart.

There was a slight art style change this episode compared to eps 2 and 3. The character models were kind of wobbly in the first 2 eps vs a more refined style here

Kaguya and Shirogane got much closer this episode and I think everyone realised how much they cherished their time together over the past year

This was probably my fave episode in the entire series tbh. 5/5. Emotional, fun and silly throughout. I’m enjoying s2 a lot more than I enjoyed season 1.
Marinate1016Apr 25, 2020 9:29 AM
Apr 25, 2020 9:38 AM

Jul 2017
This was a fall in quality from the second episode for me. Back to the mediocre territory again! It's not a bad series by any means, but it's not good enough for me to consider it a good anime like I used to. Couldn't even feel much emotions for this one either, with the whole Student Council drama.
Apr 25, 2020 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again.

Miyuki made was on a roll this time around. XD
The moon gazing was so adorable, I love how Miyuki totally destroyed Kaguya's plans by being honest, though he was just being honest because his passion blinded his normal pride. xD
That said, Kaguya never saw it coming. Her flustered reaction was too cute when Miyuki threw all those lines about never letting Kaguya go. <3
Miyuki overreacting the next day about all the embarrassing stuff he said was great.

Student council disbanding! It was so sudden, that I didn't know how to react but seeing Chika and Kaguya tear up made me sad too.
You'll be able to call him Miyuki eventually Kaguya, Fight on!

Kaguya asking Miyuki to stay was cute but I also love how Miyuki just turned it around and made it seem like it was all part of his plan, though judging by the last scene, he only went through with it because Kaguya asked him. I guess we're gonna have an Election arc next? Here's to hoping the student council remains the same.
Apr 25, 2020 9:42 AM
Sep 2015
I actually disagree with battle results more than agree with, but the last part yes Kaguya lose so bad, in fact she shouldn't abandon her original idea of being president and make Shirogane vice-president. Swapping the president/vice president role would shake things up, and showing feminism power on being a female president too. But look like this season focus more on Kaguya's weakness, we heard less and less of Shirogane inner voice and more and more of Kaguya inner voice.
Apr 25, 2020 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
This episode had me in tears from laughing, to tears of sadness, to tears of laughing SUPER hard, to tears of sadness, to STANDING UP! Holy shit this episode was sheer fucking brilliant.

Kaguya's plans failing left and right when trying to talk to Shirogane about the stars. The story about Princess Kaguya, and the music during that scene was so freaking amazing. Then I felt bad for my boy Ishigami for getting hit with the Fan again but I was happy because he was involved lol. Then them leaving the Student council office had me sad.

And then that Kaguya arm grab!!! omg I shot out of my seat because I was so freaking hyped! BUT IT WAS SHIROGANE'S PLAN ALL ALONG!!! FREAKING GENIUS!!!

10/10 episode. Really fantastic!

Oh man when Ishigami called President Myu and Kaguya's reaction was so funny. God I can't express how amazing this episode is any more.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 25, 2020 9:54 AM

May 2018
That first part is so awesome. Kaguya is on high there. So cute. This show just keeps getting better. Love all the casts and characters. LOL! When everyone laugh at the idea Chika being president.
Apr 25, 2020 9:59 AM
Oct 2015
Miyuki Chadgane has entered the chat.
Apr 25, 2020 10:01 AM
Dec 2019
This was a fantastic episode. The emotional depths mixed with the highs of infatuation being bitterly severed like the heads of chickens made this episode stand out as an amazing entry. It built well off of the powerhouse that was last week's episode 2, and I am over the moon with my expectations for Kaguya-sama's story
Apr 25, 2020 10:05 AM

Jul 2012
Shirogane was on a roll today and Kaguya was just destroying herself each and every time!
Fujiwara slapping Ishigami ...
Iino is heading our way!!!
Apr 25, 2020 10:08 AM

Aug 2013
The moon gazing part was just brilliant. Shirogane destroyed Kaguya by just being honest. The after scene where Shirogane being embarrassed was hilarious.

Great episode once again.

Apr 25, 2020 10:08 AM
Jun 2017
I think this is my favourite episode of the series so far. They really went all out with the art and soundtrack; the voice actors were spectacular too!
Apr 25, 2020 10:09 AM

Jun 2019
The Episode in itself was so great. Loved every second of it. At first, I thought shirogane is gonna leave but it turned out well in the end. Also I don't want Chika and Kaguya to ever cry again. They're so precious.
Apr 25, 2020 10:10 AM

Oct 2018
I didn't expect this to live up to the last episode, which was my favourite in the series, and yet this managed to almost match it. Damn. This would've made for a great season finale, though I certainly ain't complaining.

If the series keeps up the quality of this and the previous episode it'll easily be a 10/10.
Don't you hate it when there's too much water?
Apr 25, 2020 10:10 AM

Dec 2012
kaguya want kashiwagi instead then fujiawara as her secretary lol.. how sad it is if this is really happen..
Apr 25, 2020 10:11 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this was a fantastic episode! All sorts of emotions ranging from lol'd to crying inside, god bless this adaption.

First part with the much anticipated, Stargazing Chapter! Shirogane in that mode is just gold! "I would never leave Kaguya in the first place. I'd chase her down even to the Moon." - God, that's smooth as all hell. No wonder her fuse blew xD. Damn, that shot of Fujiwara and Ishigami's surprise though.

And then on with the feels. Coincidentally, I left off the manga somewhere around here so I was clueless and perhaps so all the more shocked. It wasn't until Fujiwara and Kaguya broke down to tears that it really hit me, and gee did it hit me. Great stuff!

Reminiscing the past moments were really nice. Ishigami's seriously got a death wish though, I must say. Such growth, much wow lol.

Struggling to come up with a name to address, hmm anything goes I see lol. Even more hilarious how the nickname trivia ended flat after all.

This episode really handled Kaguya's thoughts and monologues brilliantly! Ah man, I just wanted Shirogane to turn back and throw in some support or something of the sort but I totally forgot that the motto of this show for a second there it seems. Goodness me, that was one nasty but amazingly timed move Shirogane-lad.

I personally find it really sweet how he was already a step to it but Kaguya's little act of "selfishness" sealed the deal. Adorable ~

Kaguya picturing the future Student Council with the exception of Fujiwara-san was really rude though, I've to say lol.

Definitely not the usual Kaguya-sama like episode but a glorious treat nonetheless. I'd go as far as to saying this might be on equal par as Episode 12 of Season 1, y'know. But keeping that aside, I can't wait to see for what's in store for us next! And that freakin' teaser, it's about time! Having my 4300th post here is like a privilege.

Edit: Good news is that next episode is coming May 2nd albeit a little change in air date on televsion: https://twitter.com/anime_kaguya/status/1254094318874345475
_MushiRock11_Apr 25, 2020 10:21 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 2019
I am just going to say that I was not ready for this emotional ride. It was hilarious for the first half, but the second half pulled my heart-strings. Like I was thinking that Kaguya and Shirogane's romance was slowly coming together, especially that last scene. My only question is as to why Shirogane even filled the election form in the first place.
Shingster

Jun 2015
A Moon viewing party huh thats a pretty curious interest for Shirogane. The power of the moon when combined with Shirogane's surprisingly deep knowledge of the stars sure devastated Kaguya's first plan. The tale of Princess Kaguya though was pretty insightful though as was the effect it had on Kaguya. Ishigami's desire to shine in the convo sure got spoiled by his unfortunate choice of words though. Still that word game sure did well to create a fond memory for the team. Though their job was a tough one being members of the student council sure provided the team with plenty of interesting moments that allowed them to both develop themselves while also help others as well. The perks of being part of it though are certainly worth it though. Kaguya's relationship with Shirogane though will never be as carefree as Chika's though. To think that Shirogane opted to stand for another term though. Curious to see the new members take up their roles though. Overall an excellent ep as always that was equally relaxing and heartwarming due to the memories and the perceived ending of their term.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2020 10:12 AM
Nov 2018
6/5

The build up for the last scene was too good, I can't, Kaguya is so god dam precious <3

Apr 25, 2020 10:13 AM
Dec 2018
cchigu said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

pretty sure they said it in an interview that we will get one
Apr 25, 2020 10:16 AM

Feb 2011
Ooohhh a little teaser at the end. Looking forward to the introduction of the new character. Chika being precious as always.
Apr 25, 2020 10:21 AM
Mar 2018
Loved the first one.
Second one was ok.
Third one had me on the floor and I already knew what was going to happen.
Apr 25, 2020 10:27 AM

Mar 2016
Kaguya having the same name as the Kaguya in the moon-related myth honestly makes a lot more sense than people may think, depending on how much most of us can remember her family issues back in s1.
Apr 25, 2020 10:27 AM

Mar 2018
The episode was great and normally, I would point out one piece of the soundtrack but... the soundtrack of this whole episode was perfectly timed, it totally fit every scene and so much sadness/warmth!

Also damn, laughed way too hard at the first half. Damn you, Kaguya! You can't force me to laugh with your money!!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 25, 2020 10:30 AM

Sep 2018
Weren't they supposed to not open this wardrobe?
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Apr 25, 2020 10:30 AM

Apr 2015
TheAnimeBinger said:
I am just going to say that I was not ready for this emotional ride. It was hilarious for the first half, but the second half pulled my heart-strings. Like I was thinking that Kaguya and Shirogane's romance was slowly coming together, especially that last scene. My only question is as to why Shirogane even filled the election form in the first place.

He filled it in, but he didn't hand it in,he was waiting for Kaguya to ask him to be president again.
Apr 25, 2020 10:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I consider the manga one of the finest manga of the last decade, and one of the best rom coms there is. The adaptation is completely living up to it. Specially the voice actors are killing it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 25, 2020 10:46 AM

Jan 2015
The moon scene and then the silent walk to Kaguya's house were masterfully voiced and directed.
Apr 25, 2020 10:47 AM

Sep 2014
cchigu said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

It was announced on twitter a while ago that there would be 3 special EDs. If there are none, it would most likely be due to covid-19.
Apr 25, 2020 10:50 AM

Nov 2016
Lol at Shirogane coming to the realization how cheesy his lines were. Also love it when Chika goes savage mode.

Definitely prefer the purely comedic side to this series, but still liked the tone in this episode and wow, that was one hell of a win for Shirogane.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 25, 2020 11:02 AM
Jul 2019
Oh Kaguya you've always wanted to held by Miyuki so now that you got it, you started to fuzz about it.....

Wtf just as we thought that Miyuki's job as the student council presidents ends, they gave us a curve ball making him run again..............
Apr 25, 2020 11:04 AM

Mar 2010
Let all them feels pour out be a chad and have no fear of being true to yourself. Love stargazing twas the best part. I kinda had a feeling Shirogane would be pres again teehee

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 25, 2020 11:09 AM

Apr 2015
FlamepriesT said:
cchigu said:

It was announced on twitter a while ago that there would be 3 special EDs. If there are none, it would most likely be due to covid-19.

3 special ED? Damn, I think there are better episodes to implement the new ED, next episode seems like a good point to introduce a new ED.

Also, this was released today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpsC_leRaxc

Hoping the cast will dance to this.
Apr 25, 2020 11:12 AM
Dec 2019
I enjoyed this episode so much, this series is wonderful, i like it so much that i started Reading the manga, i'm on chapter 5 but plan on finishing it in a week. This episode made me laugh and made me enjoy it also without laughing, one of my favorite parts were the music, that piano seems touched by an archangel or something, and how close Kaguya and Miyuki... er, President have gotten; their relationship is the best thing of the series and perfect in every sense.
Apr 25, 2020 11:16 AM
Feb 2020
"Was NOT expecting them to leave the council so early... -OOOOP Nevermind"
Was my thought process this episode :D
Apr 25, 2020 11:26 AM
Nov 2018
in conclusion for episode 3: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Apr 25, 2020 11:35 AM

Feb 2017
Shirogane was quite a chad in this episode. Loved it!
Apr 25, 2020 11:37 AM

Sep 2011
Yes finally, we are at the point where the series really starts to come into its own. Way less formulaic stuff with far greater emphasis on continuity.

I have been uncertain how anime only people will react to the new character snce the anime first started, guess its time to see in the next couple episodes. I recall alot of people really disliking her so I expect some to really not like her dynamic.
JizzyHitlerApr 25, 2020 12:00 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 25, 2020 11:46 AM
Aug 2015
the best episode yet (season 1 and 2)
Apr 25, 2020 11:51 AM

Sep 2014
Mohammadalmannai said:
FlamepriesT said:

3 special ED? Damn, I think there are better episodes to implement the new ED, next episode seems like a good point to introduce a new ED.

Also, this was released today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpsC_leRaxc

Hoping the cast will dance to this.

Here's the link to the reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kaguya_sama/comments/ernbz8/kaguya_anime_to_announce_3_new_character_songs/

Unless they worded things in a weird it, it should be 3 special EDs.
Apr 25, 2020 12:01 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
My heart at half the episode in sank, like, real low...

Apr 25, 2020 12:02 PM

Mar 2018
Another fantastic episode. This ep proves how great of an MC Shirogane is and he needs to be appreciate it more. Also why is nobody talking about the fact that Iino is making her anime debut next week?!!
Apr 25, 2020 12:04 PM

Aug 2008
It's a treat to watch series that looks like animators are having a blast.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 25, 2020 12:05 PM
Apr 2018
One of the most important things i love about this series is how they keep the serious element with romance & comedy.
Moon princess Kaguya's story how it relates personally to shinomiya's story, both belonging to a restricted world and being lonely far away from their loved ones, the reason why she hates it. but shirogane breaking in like a champ and stating no matter what it takes he wont let her distance from him and somewhere it sparked a light of hope inside shinomiya with ofcourse the over burst of feelings for him :3

Then the disbanding of Student council, the flashbacks with funny moments and nostalgia, how important and special the room was for the four of them. Especially for Kaguya, the three people and the place is somewhere she belongs to.

The nickname part for shirogane was adorable and also the what if the other three became president was interesting & funny as heck. I really wanted to see what would happen if ishigami became president, *cough* chika's nightmare *cough* xD
In the end even though Kaguya didnt want to be selfish and wanted shirogane to focus on his future, its just that heart wants what it desires & you cant just help it with a little selfishnes, love & human nature you know.
Ofc Shirogane just read Kaguya like a Book and played her with the viewers right from the start. I was laughing and glad at the same time. Shirogane proving why he is the MC. Good Stuff.
Also looks like from the final scene a new character is on the way, cant wait for next week.
PS. : I think Ishigami has developed a fetish for getting beaten up by chika xD

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Jun 20, 2020

665 by aod-kun »»
Mar 31, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.