Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2020 7:41 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Datoshitara Omae no Kakubeki Hanseibun wa Koudarou!
(If that is how it is, the letter of reflection you should write is!)

URUSE-E BAKA!!
(Shut it! Moron!!)

Yoku taeta na...
Omae wa okashiku nante nai.

(You sure endured it. You are not crazy at all.)

Ever considered for once why Ishii, despite of being a social shut-in, doesn't forget Miyuki's birthday and gives him a birthday present? Or Miyuki, despite of his take on birthday itself, shares his with Ishii? The most beautiful relationship in this story is probably the bromance between these two. The purest of them all.

That being said, I have said it time and again, as much as this has been an eye opener arc for Ishigami Yuu, what really is shown in this arc is the OP that is Shirogane Miyuki - A guy worthy of being the Protagonist amongst protagonists. Shirogane Miyuki has done it time and again throughout the story like he did in the fireworks, during the elections and here in the sports festival. People sure don't rate him high enough.

I have to mention all of them. Kaguya, Fujiwara and Iino<3 played vital roles in this arc and demonstrated the inner goodness in them in the manga. Kaguya who brought the topic to Shirogane's attention, Fujiwara who collected intel and Iino who confronted the faculty and silently rooted for Ishii's success.

If you guys didn't rate and/or praise this anime high enough, perhaps this is when you can give it a thought so more anime fans would come to experience the Romcom of times.

Shirogane Miyuki and Ishigami Yuu. Bloody 100/10.

Kaguya-sama is a Masterpiece.

Edit: The MBS captures are so poor. Wait, the episode seems shorter.
Edit 2: Where is the mention of Shuchiin VIPs that dealt with Oogino? It makes me tad sad.
shanimebibJun 20, 2020 8:46 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2020 7:55 AM

Feb 2018
Love is a beautiful pain

I thought it would be a fun sports festival, but the flashback from Ishigami surprised me. That is a terrible memory, Stalker? There's something strange about you guys, I wonder what Jerk-man showed to Ishigami, I don't understand Kyouko.

Shirogane is a savior for Ishigami, a sad Ishigami has the support of Shirogane, I want to understand how you feel now Ishigami, cry as you wish for this time.

At least the festival ended happily, Kawai kouhei.

Jun 20, 2020 7:59 AM

Jul 2014
It was so close to having the perfect adaptation but they removed Kaguya’s scenes, first her being the most involved in wanting to find out what happened with Ishigami during his expulsion, she was actually the one who kept on bringing it up to the stuco when it came to Ishigami, and then they also removed her last bit when she was planning to sadistically tell Ootomo the truth and wonder what kind of face she’d make when she does, Also her being the step in having Ootomo’s bf kicked out, those 3 parts were supposed to have a helping hand when it came to Kaguya and Ishigami’s supposedly weird brother sister relationship. Oh well... other than that it was an ok episode.

Anyways, read the manga!
-StrayJun 20, 2020 8:11 AM
Jun 20, 2020 8:03 AM

Apr 2015
Solid episode, I was waiting for these chapters to get adapted for years and it finally happened and A-1 and the staff behind it delivered. Some scenes were removed as mentioned above (with Kaguya) but it still delivered. Really loved the additional anime scenes added, really adds to the episode. One thing I wish changed is the music choice in the first half of the episode. The second half had better music inputs than the first half.

I would say that this episode is the best Kaguya episode so far in terms of drama.

Ishigami smiled in the ED btw.

No OP this episode, one more to go.

Student Council scene was moved to a single panel shot:

500/5
MxxxstationJun 20, 2020 10:26 AM
Jun 20, 2020 8:09 AM

Nov 2010
Here comes the most heavy story of the series. There was no joke in this episode. Even if it's a sole supporter, you can be saved from any adversity.
Jun 20, 2020 8:10 AM

Jul 2017
Couldn't have asked for a better adaptation of these chapters.
Like others have mentioned, they removed the Student Council scene, but assuming we get future seasons of the show, it shouldn't be a problem for it to be added in later.

OST was really good this episode too.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jun 20, 2020 8:13 AM

Mar 2019
-Stray said:
It was so close to having the perfect adaptation but they removed Kaguya’s scenes, first her being the most involved in wanting to find out what happened with Ishigami during his expulsion, she was actually the one who kept on bringing it up to the stuco when it came to Ishigami, and then they also removed her last bit when she was planning to sadistically tell Ogino the truth and wonder what kind of face she’d make when she does, Also her being the step in having Ogino’s bf kicked out, those 3 parts were supposed to have a helping hand when it came to Kaguya and Ishigami’s supposedly weird brother sister relationship. Oh well... other than that it was an ok episode.
Yes totally true that they didn’t show the part where kaguya wanted to know the reason behind all this. Also the fact that Fujiwara was the one who wanted the secrets to be there in the file in the council room so that the truth remains there, but I think the fujiwara part was there in some later chapter
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Jun 20, 2020 8:15 AM

Apr 2015
HEIWA_NO_SENSEI said:
-Stray said:
It was so close to having the perfect adaptation but they removed Kaguya’s scenes, first her being the most involved in wanting to find out what happened with Ishigami during his expulsion, she was actually the one who kept on bringing it up to the stuco when it came to Ishigami, and then they also removed her last bit when she was planning to sadistically tell Ogino the truth and wonder what kind of face she’d make when she does, Also her being the step in having Ogino’s bf kicked out, those 3 parts were supposed to have a helping hand when it came to Kaguya and Ishigami’s supposedly weird brother sister relationship. Oh well... other than that it was an ok episode.
Yes totally true that they didn’t show the part where kaguya wanted to know the reason behind all this. Also the fact that Fujiwara was the one who wanted the secrets to be there in the file in the council room so that the truth remains there, but I think the fujiwara part was there in some later chapter

That part with Fujiwara did not happen in that chapter, that happened in a quite recent chapter tho.
Jun 20, 2020 8:16 AM

Feb 2018
Mohammadalmannai said:
Also: Special event for Kaguya in October... S3 maybe?
https://twitter.com/anime_kaguya/status/1274356337607139329
It was an artist's event to promote the theme song.

Saitama Sun City Koshigaya Hall, The ticket price is ¥ 7480 including tax. Ticket priority application sales tickets are attached in Blu-ray / DVD Volume 1 of the same work that was released on June 24.

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/384168
Jun 20, 2020 8:19 AM

Mar 2019
Mohammadalmannai said:
HEIWA_NO_SENSEI said:

That part with Fujiwara did not happen in that chapter, that happened in a quite recent chapter tho.
Oh my bad, read that a few weeks ago.
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Jun 20, 2020 8:20 AM
Apr 2019
wonderful episode, Ishigami is nailing this 2nd half
Jun 20, 2020 8:41 AM
Oct 2015
No kaguya evil smile at Kyouko and Student Council scene :( , but apart from that it is truly an extraordinary adaptation
Jun 20, 2020 8:48 AM

Sep 2017
great episode as usual with heavy feels, they totally delivered ishigami's backstory very well although they cut some of kaguya's scene as mentioned above

one more episode to go
Jun 20, 2020 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
Ishigami is a fucking legend. Glad to see these chapters being adapted into the anime, even if it's late in the season. Props to also the VA for playing his character so well to bring him to life.

We'll find out next week if this show gets a third season or not.

Jun 20, 2020 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
Ah, they are looking out for my ship that has not sailed yet!

「ステラ」

花言葉
小さな強さ

Stella/Sutera

In Flower Language: A Bit More Strength.
shanimebibJun 20, 2020 9:00 AM
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2020 8:56 AM

Feb 2018
Stark700 said:
We'll find out next week if this show gets a third season or not.
I hope there will be get something next week, season 3. Even though it is hard, but it seems that hope is not zero, moreover this is A1.

Additional from me:
SyureriaJun 20, 2020 9:01 AM
Jun 20, 2020 8:59 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This episode was a game-changer, it shows why Kaguya-sama is not just a stupid gag anime, it goes above and beyond. AotY 2020.

Mastahpiece/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 20, 2020 9:03 AM

May 2018
Can't decide who's rocking the ribbon ponytail better - Kaguya or Ishigami.

The show gets better and better with each episode... too bad there's only one more to go :/
Hoping for a season 3. Actually, hoping for the complete adaptation.
Inanna_201Jun 20, 2020 9:19 AM

Jun 20, 2020 9:06 AM

Nov 2007
cchigu said:
This episode was a game-changer, it shows why Kaguya-sama is not just a stupid gag anime, it goes above and beyond. AotY 2020.

Mastahpiece/5

Couldn't have said it better. And it will be such an injustice if we don't get to see the things that are still not animated. I think this anime needs a complete adaptation. It's too good not given a special treatment when anime at the end of everything, is just a business and/or a way of advertising source material.

That being said, I really want more fans to read the manga. It's crazy that one would think this might as well be the pinnacle of the story when in reality it gets better after this in the manga.
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2020 9:09 AM

Feb 2020
Another week and another episode of Kaguya sama (oh yes!!!)

This time, we probably had the best episode in terms of drama and of course, a great adaptation of this chapter by A- 1.

Ishigami kun... you are a great person, never forget it.

Now we have just 1 more to go....

Waiting for the end (hopefully more seasons come soon)
Jun 20, 2020 9:16 AM

Oct 2017
Yes that's my boi Shirogane, I've said this before countless times but he is the true GOAT of this series. That said finally glad to see this part animated, A-1 nailed it once again.
Jun 20, 2020 9:29 AM
Apr 2017
I was shivering and sweating because of this episode. Oh boy, an amazing job! An actual masterpiece of not comedy, but story. This season really be excelling in many ways.

Shirogane really is a brilliant man, and Ishigami truly is one of the best in the series.
Jun 20, 2020 9:30 AM

May 2016
I wanted to see Kaguya's evil face and the VIPs

eureisJun 20, 2020 9:37 AM
Jun 20, 2020 9:30 AM

Feb 2019
Only two eps left :( https://imgur.com/a/tsIa93n

Dude the classroom scene reminded me of the toradora fight scene. Ogino is the worst type of cunt. I hated guys like that in high school. I went to an all boys school so it was even worse with dudes bragging.

Really feel for Ishigami. This episode really solidified his iconic status. Taking all that heat with no reward and even to this day he’s still really never tried to clear his name.

I think Shirogane reaching out to Ishigami probably saved his life.

A-1 did an absolutely masterful job with this episode and really every episode this season. The production quality on everything feels like a season finale. Every single episode has been 10/10.

Lastly, a cool detail is Ishigami’s perception of peoples faces. If you’ve ever seen Koe no Katachi, which happens to be my fave piece of art of all time, you’ll remember a similar way that Shouya’s classmate’s faces were shown. Ishigami finally is able to see them for who they are. Great piece of directing.
Jun 20, 2020 9:39 AM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode, possibly the best one of this season.

Ishigami is a great guy, not all heroes wear capes but in my eyes Ishigami is a hero for not backing down and not compromising his values despite everything he was faced with. As Kaguya says at the very end, he protected Kyoko's smile, had to endure so much, pretty much gave up his entire middle school life with nothing to gain but he still did it. Mad respect.

Miyuki doesn't get enough praise, he's such a great guy, he always knows what to say and how to bring people back from their depression. He gave Ishigami the acknowledgement he so badly needed. Miyuki telling Ishigami he did a great job made me emotional and even tear up a bit. The final letter of apology was great and Miyuki tying the headband around Ishigami's head was very nice.

My favorite scene is actually the one near the very end where Ishigami 'opens his eyes' for the first time and acknowledges the people currently around him as good people. It's a very nice directorial choice to animate the characters without eyes until that scene as it signifies his character growth so very nicely. very very reminiscent of Koe no Katachi's final scene too.
Jun 20, 2020 9:40 AM
Mar 2018
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ISHIGAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

10/10
Jun 20, 2020 9:41 AM

Jan 2018
OMG!!! Ishigami!!

It must've been hard for you to go through all that hellhole. All that pain, suffering, anxiety, paranoia, it really took a deep toll on your mental health.

But you persevered, your principles were never compromised and most of all: the chad Shirogane helped you out into the light from the darkness. He also formed a secret investigation team just to prove that you were right all along.

Yep, that opening up to people scene reminds me of A Silent Voice.

As for Otomo : GO TO HELL, BITCH. Clearly, Ishigami doesn't deserve you.

Best episode so far!
Jun 20, 2020 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
For such an important arc, I can't believe how much was cut off. But that's just minor nitpicking, unsurprisingly to anyone this episode was done brilliantly. The cherry on the top of the best anime this season. 10/5
Jun 20, 2020 9:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The cheer though sure proved to be quite the entertaining experience. The insight into Ishigami's middle school days though sure was insightful. Even though violence was the wrong choice can't say that the jerk that Ishigami punched didn't deserve it. The prez showing up to bring Ishigami back into the light after that incident sure was cool though. Though he didn't win the determination that Ishigami developed as a result of trying to prove himself to everyone sure did well to create a tense race. Despite losing the race its nice to see Ishigami regain his confidence and trust in others thanks to the kindness of his team mates. Team Red in the end though sure managed to win an impressive victory. Overall an excellent ep that did well to expand upon Ishigami via both his expansion upon his past pain and how he used that pain and newly developed bonds with his team mates to overcome it and take the first steps in changing himself.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2020 9:50 AM

Feb 2019
I mean I understand some things were cut and that Ishigami protected that girls smile etc but I really wish she knew the truth even just to know he was the hero then to get out of his life.

All in all that was a pretty damn deep episode especially since I can relate to Ishigami in a way which was chilling.

Kaguya is pretty damn cute as usual and Iino is just great but Hayasaka just being there is the best as usual. 10/10

Really hope once this is done it comes back again.
Jun 20, 2020 9:52 AM
Mar 2020
I'm really starting to see things from kaguya's perspective. Was shirogane always this cool?
Jun 20, 2020 9:52 AM

Jan 2020
A1 pictures did justice to my boy Ishigami. My favourite kaguya-sama episode ^__^
Ishigami goated af

1000000/10 episode
Jun 20, 2020 9:53 AM

Jan 2016
Just go to hell dumbass
Jun 20, 2020 9:53 AM

Apr 2014
Not gonna lie. After watching this episode etc., and thinking hard on it. Dude. I think I really just want to tear up or even cry for Ishigami. Honestly. I think there could've been a better way to handle it as Shirogane says. But Shirogane, Kaguya, and Fujiwara (I hope Fujiwara was part of the investigation). Did investigate greatly in this incident. Dude. There is no such people in this world that would do that. Even if there is, there is a one out of billion chance it could even happen.
alphazero4umJun 20, 2020 10:02 AM
Jun 20, 2020 9:54 AM

Apr 2020
"Urusei, BA~KA!"

Ishigami chad level over 9000!!! xD

this episode was super heavy. Ishigami's such a god damn good guy. F*ck you Ogino.

Jul 2012
Great episode! Kaguya's additional scene would've been perfect.

Based President Shirogane!!! And so happy for Ishigami!
Red team Victory!!!

Interesting timing on Ootomo's appearance or mb it was planned long time ago =/

Dec 2012
5/10 Episode. I hope the finale delivers.

Jun 20, 2020 9:55 AM

Nov 2007
Laoak said:
I'm really starting to see things from kaguya's perspective. Was shirogane always this cool?

He has always been. The GOAT amongst goats. And he continues to deliver when it matters.
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2020 9:56 AM

Aug 2013
Best episode of this season.

Poor Ishigami. He went through a lot. Good thing Shirogane was there to support him. Kyoko is blissfully ignorant only thanks to Ishigami. Ishigami telling her to shut up was gold.

Ogino is a piece of shit.

Jun 20, 2020 9:59 AM

May 2015
I'm glad I got to see this arc animated. Ishigami's backstory is one of the best parts of the manga, it makes you see him in a whole new light.

I really loved how they animated it. I'm glad to see him move forward even in the anime.

And to Ootomo: SHUT UP, DUMBASS!
Jun 20, 2020 10:01 AM

Dec 2019
This episode was a fucking masterpiece, this proves that Kaguya-sama is much more than a "repetitive" comedy anime as some have stated. They fucking nailed the drama in this episode in a way that I had never seen before in a comedy series. The episode flew in such a smooth way, the direction was impeccable and everything came together so wonderfully. This second season truly is a masterpiece.

100/10.
Jun 20, 2020 10:06 AM

Mar 2016
"You can do it Ishigami!"
That words from Miko were powerful man
Jun 20, 2020 10:07 AM

May 2013
What's frustrating is the girl Ishigami saved still doesn't know the truth I though Kaguya would threaten her or do something to exposed the truth in the last scene.
Jun 20, 2020 10:07 AM

Jan 2017
I've always said this in other forums and I'll say it again, but this time, in this episode discussion thread.

MIYUKI SHIROGANE IS UNDERAPPRECIATED.

He always gets overshadowed by Ishigami's popularity(not saying that it's bad but), people should really recognize his overpowered intellect, charisma, and his fucking chadness a bit more. It just seems so downright disappointing seeing ma boi not getting the appreciation he deserves.
PixiePlopzMar 5, 2022 11:01 PM
Jun 20, 2020 10:08 AM
Dec 2018
Loved this EPISODE!!! I always thought that the mangaka/animator pulled a monogatari by not drawing the non-mcs during the time when Ishigami was in the Cheerleading Squad. Never did I think that the mangaka/animator was pulled a Koe no Katachi. Anyway, loved how Miyuki came at last to save the day and Kaguya....well she's Kaguya
Jun 20, 2020 10:08 AM

Feb 2019
I am pretty sure ishigami will overtake chika for second most popular character after this one. This episode GOATed him. The guy has suffered a lot.
Jun 20, 2020 10:09 AM

Jul 2012
Wow Ishigami's been holding on to something like that? It got really psychological. I liked how they hid the other characters' eyes until the end. It's like we were seeing things through Ishigami's point of view. Glad to see he's finally moving forward. The Student Council members are the best.
Jun 20, 2020 10:10 AM

Jul 2017
and that ladies and gentlemen is why Ishigami is best girl
Jun 20, 2020 10:10 AM

Nov 2007
pilotinha_ said:
"You can do it Ishigami!"
That words from Miko were powerful man

That's why we have the Sutera flower in between.
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2020 10:11 AM

May 2018
Ishigami best grill! Ishigami: Begone THOT! Now let's see if this episode can receive the highest percentage of 5/5 on MAL. If I'm not mistaken,the current title holder is from Clannad.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1841447&show=0
Papa_ScorchJun 20, 2020 10:19 AM
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

291 by kayiu102 »»
Feb 25, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - May 23, 2020

304 by ZeStark »»
Feb 21, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2020

364 by princessukeni »»
Feb 17, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

296 by Kier_Reference »»
Jan 31, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai?: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

260 by Dripz2012 »»
Jan 15, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.