Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 23, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tons of fan service this episode considering the amount of pool scenes. At the same time, I'm kinda glad Uraka is getting more screen time to show her athletic skills. (wish they expanded on the actual competition scenes though)

Uraka's future is realistic when she considers about studying abroad. I think she's at a point in her life where she has to make important choices.
Nov 23, 2019 9:32 AM
Feb 2009
Nariyuki needing swimming lessons lol and Mafuyu menacing aura godamn she thicc as always
Nov 23, 2019 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
We got to see the headmaster again. It's been a while.

Nariyuki getting a swimming lesson. I'm not surprised that he not good physically.
Fumino still giving those love advice.

So Uruka is planning to study abroad. Good Luck.

Nov 23, 2019 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
Kirisu-sensei in a swimsuit and a ponytail with a bath scene?

10/10, best episode, approved!
Nov 23, 2019 10:49 AM

Feb 2019
This is such an awesome way to relax before going back to sleep after waking up early for FGO and SAO. Sensei in a swimsuit and shower>>>>>>>>>> . Tanlines strike again! Got some good development with Uruka today which showed us a potential roadblock for she and Yuiga in the future, but just like when people ask me what I want to do after my PhD, we'll cross that bridge when we get there, eh? Season 2 has been so underrated because of the other big airing shows, but I love this series
Nov 23, 2019 10:59 AM
May 2017
Honestly, i only watched until Mafuyu left and then straight jumped to the next week's preview

But seriously, i really didn't think they gonna jump that far in the anime and skip the important School Festival's arc.
Nov 23, 2019 1:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really great episode, Takemoto is one of the best girl, she deserves to be with Nariyuki, but it's going to be difficult if she studies abroad.
Nov 23, 2019 1:24 PM

Aug 2008
(note: speaking from a manga perspective without much spoilers, actual spoilers in the tag)
saw next week's preview and damn we're jumping so much. i'm talking about chapter 85-89 material (the Fumino arc) whereas we started this season at chapter 44 with a pace of 2 chapters per episode (so 16 chapters passed).
that being said, since the manga is very much episodic, i'm fully expecting that we jump back to the School Festival arc as the finale (same how in season 1 they jumped around past the Summer Festival arc but went back to it to finish off the season)
my biggest fear are the key points that they're missing by directly jumping to the Fumino arc without going through a couple key chapters beforehand, considering how in recent chapters of the manga we're focused on the chronology of Fumino
actual spoilers ahead:
OniikamiNov 23, 2019 1:35 PM
Nov 23, 2019 2:03 PM

Jan 2017
I'm getting flashbacks from oreimo...

Overall again a amazing episod!
Nov 23, 2019 2:11 PM

Jul 2014
It's been a while since we've had an Uruka episode. Sadly for her I think this development kills the few chances she had.

On the other hand, Ponytail Swimsuit Sensei is too strong <3 <3 <3, she shines even without being the focus of the episode. And you know that Sensei also means Sensei's butt... bare butt included. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And what am I seeing in the preview? A Fumino episode/arc? Finally! The season is ending and there has hardly been any focus on her, especially when she is the most obvious option for winning.
Nov 23, 2019 2:25 PM

Mar 2019
this episode was really cute...All the best luck for Uruka to study abroad!
Nov 23, 2019 4:28 PM

Nov 2018
Rytakahashi09 said:
Honestly, i only watched until Mafuyu left and then straight jumped to the next week's preview

But seriously, i really didn't think they gonna jump that far in the anime and skip the important School Festival's arc.

I think there are notice already about the school festival arc due of lots of spoilers and more advanced prediction from the people which they did not following in the manga series and let me guess this remaining five episode (9-13) that will be arc episode specially Fumino, Asumi Senpai,and Mafuyu Sensei...

So we will expected that they will come in exchange for the school festival arc..
Nov 23, 2019 4:56 PM
Jan 2017
We Never Learn delivers yet another fine episode! Nariyuki realizes his P.E. grades are lacking, so he gets some tutoring from both Uruka and Mafuyu. It's funny to see Nariyuki be on the receiving end of tutoring lessons, and despite Uruka's expertise in sports (well, swimming, at least), it's Mafuyu who helps Nariyuki with his lessons, not to mention that she gives some valuable words of advice to Uruka for her competition. Also, this episode features a fair amount of character development for Uruka, who makes an important choice for her future, even if that means a signficant change in her relationship with Nariyuki. We Never Learn continues to be one of the finest shows of the season and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Nov 23, 2019 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
This atrocious adaptation is making me question whether I would rather have watched this without knowing that they're skipping so many chapters.
Nov 23, 2019 8:15 PM

Nov 2013
FKN BEST COUPLE!!!! UrukaxYuiga <3
You can tell Yuiga is different with her than the other girls ...

It took fkn 8 episodes, but finally some actual hints of romance.
This studying abroad makes me question how it'll end up tho... pls don't let this ship sail !
Nov 23, 2019 9:45 PM

Jan 2011
This sure felt like a late game character plot deployment for one of the girls to set their own goals for something outside of the romance

good episode regardless swimming lesson's with sensei so gooodd
Nov 23, 2019 10:55 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Finally some Uraka screentime! You can tell Yuiga treats her a little differently than the other two and this episode pretty much confirmed that. How manly of him to say it outright that he'll miss her, way to go you kisama lol.

Congrats to Uraka for winning the Competition and deciding to go abroad by the way, I was thinking maybe she would decide against it given how things were going but it's good to see that she's prioritizing her future too. Yuiga's tears in the end though, xD.

Props to Sensei too for clearing Uraka's mind. Some fanservice to sprinkle on top too, typical Bokuben lol.

Looks like it'll be Fumino arc next, looking forward to it!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 23, 2019 11:08 PM

Oct 2017
Wow this was a really sweet episode. So Uruka decided to persue her dream and study abroad, good luck to her. Also hope she gets to enjoy her remaining time her with the gang.

I really like how Fumino is always there to support them, she is such a nice girl. Well looks like its her arc next, looking forward to it.
Nov 23, 2019 11:15 PM

Dec 2014
Uraka got the offer...and she is opting for it...hmmm
Nov 24, 2019 12:43 AM
Jun 2017
Good decision Uraka for pursuing that Abroad studies.

And next week is going to be an exciting one... #TeamFumino here yeah
Nov 24, 2019 1:43 AM

Nov 2014
Furuhashi is becoming best girl for me, even though this episode wasn't even about her. Her ability to understand the situation and react accordingly is just starting to overcome pros of other girls, as they are becoming repetitive and thus, boring.
Nov 24, 2019 2:07 AM

Aug 2013
Kind of annoying how they are all over the place with this adaptation; really deters me from wanting to go further into the source. Like usually if I like an adaptation well enough, I'll dive into the source but I can feel how this is out of sorts and trying to read the manga already feels like a chore. Mafuyu is probably the best girl out of this; her and Fumino...kinda curious how these next five eps go.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 24, 2019 3:52 AM

May 2016
Everyone here is talking about relationships, BUT here I will talk about bare Butts, So we got a bare butts scene for Kirisu and Furuhashi, but didn't get a bare butt scene for Uruka and Ogata WHY, Furuhashi in the same age as Ogata and Uruka, but we only got a Furuhashi bare butt 😒
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2019 6:12 AM

Mar 2019
Very good episode, the pool scenes were nice to watch
Furuhashi is trying her best she really is the best girl
Nov 24, 2019 6:19 AM
Apr 2014
Really hated the episode and now, the character, Uruka. Just make her disapear for the rest of the show please.
Nov 24, 2019 7:30 AM

Apr 2015
Sensei in that swimsuit! <3

Would be awesome for Uruka to be able to study abroad! Her english has to improve a lot though! The more I see Fumino giving support for the other girls, the more I think that she won't be the one getting with Nariyuki. I mean she doesn't seem to get anywhere at this rate.

Lelouch0202 said:
Kirisu-sensei in a swimsuit and a ponytail with a bath scene?

10/10, best episode, approved!

11/10 to be honest, this was wayyy better than the swimsuit Nariyuki imagined during his interview a few episodes ago!
Nov 24, 2019 7:47 AM

Apr 2016
Mafuyu-sensei in swimsuit and at shower..What else do you need??? An episode with Mafuyu-sensei is a good episode

Nov 24, 2019 8:01 AM

Aug 2014
I think she lost in this episode but it was still great of her to think of her future and actually be make a choice like that. It was a nice but very heavy episode.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Nov 24, 2019 3:34 PM

Oct 2008
A truly deserving episode for Uruka, i wonder if she'll really pursue her dreams in exchange for her love life?
4/5.

Nov 25, 2019 1:25 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oooo, they are aiming for a sad departure, aren't they? They are going to continue the story the way it has ever been, and then at the end, the departure card is going to be pulled off. I'm not ready.
Nov 25, 2019 2:58 PM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

Naiyuki getting extra swimming lessons was really funny, Uruka was sent to help him, other grils from swimming club reactions towards Uruka were relly funny!

Mafuyu had to finish the tutoring lesson, she even in swimming she showed to be a really good teacher, also she was really good with swimsuit and pony tail, so gorgeous, also awesome bath scene with Mafuyu and Uruka!

Fumino is always awesome with that advises!

Seems next episode will focus on Fumino, looking forward to it!

uruka decided to study abroad and is focused to learn english serious!
Nov 25, 2019 5:13 PM

Nov 2011
Shit man while it was great to get an Uruka heavy episode I feel like the ending decision she is making is only going to hurt her chances at being the end girl.

That sucks a lot. I can see her confessing and then going to Australia lost love.

Honestly I feel like Ogata is in the lead due to her actual love for Yuiga, but if things are what they should be an a Fumino arc is up coming...well then Fumino might take the lead. I feel like her and Yuiga have a really strong friendship which could lead to a relationship.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 26, 2019 2:21 AM

Dec 2010
Another episode that shows how Furuhashi is best girl
Nov 26, 2019 2:52 AM

May 2018
That was a good episode for Uruka, I kinda like this episode mainly because of how important it is. Looks like Uruka's time will be shorten and I would like to see how will everyone react to it.

Nov 26, 2019 8:55 AM
Mar 2015
Senseii teaches Yuiga to swim and gives good advice to Uraka about pressure to win. Uraka decides to go overseas to swim
Nov 26, 2019 4:08 PM

Jul 2017
It's been AGES since we've had a Uraka episode!

HEH, Nariyuki excels at everything BUT FAILS AT SWIMMING? That's what I call a full-on recommendation. And Kirisu-sensei in a swimsuit always makes the day.
But as always with Uraka feeling the brunt of pressure, Kirisu-sensei's advise made it all the better.

As usual, Uraka's prowess at swimming gives her the recommendation (WHAT!?) of studying overseas to give her time to shine and hone her skills, at the expense of friends and the LDR crush on Nariyuki. Again, Fumino being the winggirl here. Just can't get enough of her.

But of it all, Uruka made up her mind to study overseas...with the off-chance that her time with Nariyuki is limited. Important episode amidst the comedy and all.
Nov 27, 2019 11:01 PM

Jun 2017
A very nice episode, we get to see Sensei in a swimsuit and in the baths. Yup! I agree with Uruka's statement on Mafuyu's body, TOP OF THE LINE!
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 28, 2019 7:15 AM
Mar 2017
I quite liked this episode focused on the development of Uruka, also through this episode we had the opportunity to take a brief look at Mafuyu sensei's competitive past, she as an ice skater looks beautiful, I would love to see more of that.

Anyway, the first part of the episode focuses on how Nariyuki sucks in sports and if he does not approve in the swimming he will fail the class, fortunately Uruka is there to help, but the bad thing is that Uruka is very bad explaining things, but Mafuyu knew what was Nariyuki's problem and so the boy was able to give an advance to his swimming lessons.
I sighed several times in this part of the episode, Uruka is so beautiful, I love seeing her in her competitive swimsuit, but to my pleasant surprise this episode delighted me with the presence of Mafuyu sensei and this improves when I saw her with swimsuit too, she is perfect, without neglecting Uruka, Fumino, Asumi or little Rizu, but Mafuyu has that aura of maturity and femeneity that the other girls still cannot reach.
No doubt the shower scene left me pleased ... damn Uruka, why are you so beautiful? and then they delight us with the spectacular body of Mafuyu while being described by Uruka, but leaving aside the delicious fanservice, Mafuyu gave an important lesson to Uruka in the competitive aspect of school sports and this shows that Mafuyu has also been improving in the the way she treats her students, this council results in the victory for Uruka and this triggers the events of the second half of the episode.
After her victory in the swimming competition Uruka is offered the opportunity to study abroad and this proposal makes Uruka act distant in front of Nariyuki and is Fumino who intuits that something happened.
I love Uruka's face when she lies, she is so adorable when she tries to put a poker face.
Through the complicated conversation with Uruka, Fumino discovers that Uruka has plans to study abroad, but Nariyuki appears unexpectedly and Uruka disappears in a second, during the conversation and a couple of very funny moments, Fumino asks him a precise question to Nariyuki as to how he would feel if Uruka was dating a boy and Nariyuki's response moved me too much, obviously he would feel sad, that shows how well they both get along, but that answer overwhelmed Uruka's maiden's heart for the happiness she felt when she heard her beloved say that and this ends with Uruka's decision to accept the proposal to study abroad.

In the next episode I will see one of my favorite arcs, I needed screen time for Fumino and I am sure I will have too much fun.
Nov 29, 2019 1:01 PM

Apr 2016
There was too much fanservice this episode. Moreover, it was a bit boring, probably the episode I didn't like the most of this second season.
Nov 30, 2019 6:55 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I really friggen love Uruka. She's doing her own thing instead of changing her life around Yuiga's existence. That means so much. Like, we often see the whole "romantic" choice where it's like, "I'm not going to study abroad! All my friends (and my crush) are here!" But Uruka's going for her dreams and that makes me have so much more respect for her than I already had. Oh my gosh. ;A;

And, to be honest, it's not even like she can't still date Yuiga. First off, study abroad usually only goes for a year. If this is one of those special cases then the most it's gonna go is four years max. That's nothing. But honestly it doesn't even matter. What's important is that Uruka is happy. I don't care if she ends up with Yuiga or not, this is such a big step for her and I'm really happy that she's going for it! She's amazing! I'm actually really surprised that they put such a gem like Uruka in this show-- heck, I even have more respect for the show after this. I was expecting the usual harem bs, but they actually made Uruka an individual. Praise.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 30, 2019 8:39 PM

Mar 2019
Uruka episodes are always the best.... indeed.

#TeamTakemoto

PS: Swimming senpai ... uwu
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 1, 2019 11:33 AM

May 2018
So takemoto is given the opportunity to study in Australian at Ausway Yogi University...wtf Aus Yogi University where did they came up with that kind of university in Australian, man they should have just used the name of Sydney University????
Dec 1, 2019 12:34 PM

Nov 2007
Swiggy said:
I don't care if she ends up with Yuiga or not, this is such a big step for her and I'm really happy that she's going for it! She's amazing! I'm actually really surprised that they put such a gem like Uruka in this show-- heck, I even have more respect for the show after this. I was expecting the usual harem bs, but they actually made Uruka an individual. Praise.

Stop sprouting nonsense. Go read the manga, you fool. It will make you root for her even more and you will eat your words when you said "I don't care if she ends up with Yuiga or not".
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 2, 2019 12:36 PM

Feb 2008
Ah, Mafuyu, Her Gracefulness.

The advice she gave Yuiga was not half bad, but the manner in which he did so was sublime.
Dec 3, 2019 2:57 AM

Apr 2018
Tbh, Uruka is becoming a side character now; I don't feel her presence that much anymore. Next ep is a Furuhashi ep, nice
Jan 13, 2020 1:56 PM

Aug 2017
Nice hot shower scenes. Looks like Uruka is getting written out as a winner.

There are some good girls here but Fumi has always been number one.
Feb 12, 2020 11:59 AM

Jul 2015
The Plot is moving forward Uruka making an important life decision, Fumino being the good wingwoman as usual, and most importantly Yuiga learns to swim

Jul 27, 2020 9:33 PM

Aug 2017
What? We Never Learn having a good episode? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Very good character development for Uruka, less annoying misunderstandings, better comedy. I like this kind of episodes, unfortunately I don't think it can continue like this until the end but pls be tolerable.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 3, 2020 1:04 AM

Aug 2018
I somewhat want Uruka to end up with Yuiga so I dont want her to move to Australia. Oh well

May 23, 2021 7:18 AM

Apr 2013
Hmph... while the other girls get own episodes each, this felt more like 50% Uruka, 25% Mafuyu and 25% Fumino. Also with Uruka studying abroad, it feels like there's no way she'll win this :<
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

77 by Harameek »»
Jan 6, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

266 by Harameek »»
Jan 4, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

49 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 17, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

87 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 13, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

47 by Tsinelas »»
Nov 12, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.