Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2019 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm starting to get used to this show's goofy humor now. Even during their "serious" moments, it seems the show still goofs off with its character chemistry in particular between Seiya and Ristarte. (I mean, one handed pushups??)

The demon transformation though. I guess the anime does have a certain semi-serious mood when it gets to the actual fighting. Ristarte reminds me a lot of Aqua from Konosuba lol
Stark700Oct 9, 2019 8:58 AM
Oct 9, 2019 8:04 AM

Apr 2016
So ... the hero who we thought is not op, was op from the very beginning, and just defeated an op enemy who thought our op hero isn't as op as she thought he is. So the next episode will feature another op enemy who will thought our op hero isn't as op as he seems ? ... .. ..

Anyway the Ristarte's VA is going ham with the voice acting.
Oct 9, 2019 8:06 AM

May 2013
It went dark a little bit but still very funny Ristarte is a top tier Waifu shouldn't he swept the demon dust a little bit farther away from the shops though but I guess it gives more time for that Demon general to regenerate.
Oct 9, 2019 8:09 AM
Feb 2009
omg this might be the isekai of fall 2019 he legit protected his stats from being scanned luls
Oct 9, 2019 8:09 AM

Nov 2017
This is filling the konosuba shaped hole in my heart, lol. Its not on par with konosuba in terms of comedy(yet) but it's still great. Listarte's a great character, might even better aqua in the future, we'll see.
MEGAMIC POWERRR!!!
Oct 9, 2019 8:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is way better than that I expected with the first episode, this episode was great.
Seiya's behaviour is just hilarious and Ristarte is cute.
That spam of attack on this demon girl's cinder haha, and poor Jamie he was grateful but ended up burning.
So Seiya's is op in reality, he was just hiding his stats with a spell, but his level doesn't seem to be that high, I think he will probably meet a stronger opponent soon.
Oct 9, 2019 8:32 AM

Apr 2018
That's a lot of explosions, now i believe seiya is just a Cautious male megumin.

Good episode anyway, really enjoyed this series so far.
Oct 9, 2019 8:39 AM
Jul 2019
Stark700 said:
Ristarte reminds me a lot of Aqua from Konosuba lol

Definitely over the top, naive and lacks planning; but at least she's responsible and caring (on the personal scale).

But I think this is the author's parodying the cliche of the wise, mysterious guiding goddess who leads the naive but friendly hero around. (Seiya is most certainly the opposite of those.)
Oct 9, 2019 8:41 AM
Apr 2016
Well for obvious reasons of resembling the other digital litter, a "twist" with main character being overpowered to begin with... kinda defeats any possible decent development in-universe, and just leaves this series as a mere comedy. Degrading into a show. I will personally take a look where is it heading in the third episode (before singing it critique), since they did put some effort into directing and animation.
Re:formed
Oct 9, 2019 8:44 AM

Feb 2016
Turned out he is quite OP
Feeling sorry for the demon.
After more training I wonder how much more of an OP character he would become

The VA for Ristarte is quite skilled. But lol wth is megamic power
Oct 9, 2019 8:45 AM

Apr 2013
Sick. This anime adaptation is really really well done. I love the improvements made on the light/web novel and manga. It's adding a lot of personality to the original dialog and nice little meme-worthy moments. Can't wait for more. Montage of epic Rista/Lista faces from the episode below.

Also, I think that the anime adaptation can get to a pretty good point in the source material by the end of the season (depending on pacing) where we actually hit like some really good deep plot twists and character development with some real serious stuff. Hopefully it all turns out good!
dankzelOct 9, 2019 8:58 AM
Oct 9, 2019 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
RIP Rista, he straight up said to her that she is as gd as medicinal herbs lmao.
Oct 9, 2019 8:58 AM

Jun 2017
That was hilarious!!

Haven't laughed this hard this year since Kaguya-sama in winter.
Oct 9, 2019 9:04 AM

Nov 2013
LOOL this shit is hilarious ! I love their character dynamic and the facial expressions are spot on . Great episode
Oct 9, 2019 9:15 AM

Sep 2018
These running jokes will get boring really fast.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Oct 9, 2019 9:15 AM

Jan 2016
The sound effects of him doing pushups are too much LMFAAOOO

It's too early to tell... But this may be my favourite Isekai anime of the year lmfaaoo.

When that demon got that power up though.... Creepiest body I've ever seen.

But jesus.... At the end when he absolutely destroyed her remains...
He destroyed the god damn town....

"You're half right... half wrong... He's just sick, he's not a good person."
Oct 9, 2019 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
He burned the town lol. He is too cautious.

Oct 9, 2019 9:29 AM

Jul 2014
I was worried after the first episode that this would become one note very quickly, but this episode was as hilarious as the first, if not a little more so. And that was while still being fairly serious in the battle with Chaos Machina as well.
Oct 9, 2019 9:31 AM

Aug 2014
I'm going to be extremely disappointed if nina doesn't appear again this season. Her character design and VA is so cute.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 9, 2019 9:35 AM

May 2018
so the medicine herb girl is not as useless as I thought
Oct 9, 2019 9:46 AM

Mar 2016
Tbh I have mixed feelings about this episode. While the humor is there, it’s a bit hard to laugh when you realize Seiya did even more damage to the town than the demon did, and maybe even got some people killed in the process of annihilating her remains, and decided to milk the only people grateful to him for what little money they had...
Oct 9, 2019 10:08 AM

Aug 2015

I sexually identify as a medicinal herb. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of being picked out of a forest and being used to heal the burns on a fruit shopkeeper's glistening asscheeks. People say to me that a person being an herb is impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install leaves, a stem and some berries on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Herb" and respect my right to heal from direct application and heal needlessly. If you can't accept me you're an herbiphobe and need to check your doctoring privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
coreynjOct 9, 2019 10:13 AM
Oct 9, 2019 10:23 AM

Feb 2017
i kinda stressed to see this ep, from basically op from stratch with minimal hard work, sick brain and such uncool fight coreography into that ruined part / anti climax.
if you want a really strong mc, make it more slowly and make things look epic both choreo and atmosphere, that was just flat. this series saved by the comedy.
IE gakuen toshi asterisk, the MC are obviously strong, but they make a slow power up / power unleash / learning phase, also the choreography of whole fight and the stakes of the enemy / situation are balanced.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 9, 2019 10:33 AM
Aug 2015
Good Episode! Not going to lie though, if we don't get a meme where they are fighting a really strong enemy and they're needing health positions, and he's just like "I can't use any, you can only find them" and "I only have 100 left", then i'll be very disappointed. Lmao.
Oct 9, 2019 10:40 AM

Dec 2017
i'm glad they haven't used any cgi at all. something like arifureta suffered a lot from having cgi monsters. glad white fox is learning on it's mistakes from that cg goblin slayer shit
Oct 9, 2019 10:57 AM
Nov 2018
I'm starting to like this anime more and more... It's just so funny.
Oct 9, 2019 11:05 AM
Feb 2019
I can't even imagine this MC as shield hero
Oct 9, 2019 11:13 AM

Jan 2015
Better than the last episode for sure

The aftermath was hilarious
Oct 9, 2019 11:15 AM
Nov 2007
I don't get this. This is supposed to be funny, but its not, I think they are trying to do konosuba but they are way of the mark. Is this serious show or parody, the main character is not careful but a moron and not in a funny way either. I liked the premise, but this is idiotic at mots one more episode for me.
Oct 9, 2019 11:21 AM

Jul 2017
1st half was ok, liked the 2nd half better when it dealt with the comedy. I was hoping that something was gonna end up happening to the village when he decided to get rid of the remains, that was really funny. Also liked how much he protected his stats lol

In summary this show is definitely better when it has comedic focus
Oct 9, 2019 11:32 AM

Feb 2012
Seiya and Ristarte's interactions continue to be incredibly entertaining. I could see the two of them constantly going back to the divine realm to train getting old so I hope the show mixes it up later on but atm I'm enjoying it.
Oct 9, 2019 11:38 AM
Aug 2018
I read Novel of this Seiya similar to Megumin over cautious make sure enemy dead make many explosive and Goddess Ristarte similar to Kazuma they high luck and use they brain how people think if they hiding secret from them
yuuma_kugaOct 9, 2019 11:44 AM
Oct 9, 2019 11:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
chair-sama said:
These running jokes will get boring really fast.

Yeah, it could get old after a couple of episodes. I hope they mix it up some.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 9, 2019 12:10 PM

Feb 2019
We went from a self-aware comedy isekai to a basic action show like an episode of Dragon ball Z

It's almost even worse than Dragonball because Seiya is completely superfluous to the whole thing. He dodges like one attack, and then we get nigh on five minutes of the 2 girls gibbering senselessly about power levels and transformations "this isn't even my final transformation", and gasping/long discussion about how high the power levels are.
The closest thing to a joke in that whole span is that her eyes bulge because her magic scouter is being blocked from seeing his true true power level. it' not completely a parody of Dragonball Z.
Oct 9, 2019 12:12 PM

Oct 2008
Swagernator said:
Anyway the Ristarte's VA is going ham with the voice acting.

Toyosaki Aki's performance is legendary! Hope someone does a MAD vid with her Ristarte lines over Yui's like they did Shino's lines over Mio's to turn her into a pervert.

...for those who are curious: https://youtu.be/MHVkWF1BfM8 (^.^')
Oct 9, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2019
It's getting funnier, it'll be a good show if it stays funny.

Oct 9, 2019 1:05 PM

Oct 2008
This was disappointing. I was really hoping there would be more strategic fights in the show similar to Goblin Slayer or Shield Hero since the hero is extremely autistic about been prepared for everything but no we just had to go but to the old well of the protagonist was op all along again. And the demon lady she transformed twice in a span of 2min and it still didn't matter at all. Still the show is somewhat funny so I will watch at least another episode before I decide if I should drop it or not.
Oct 9, 2019 1:22 PM

Dec 2014
ok like the first episode was fun and allbut now ..meh
Oct 9, 2019 1:27 PM

May 2015
OMFG I COULDNT STOP LAUGING!!!

The second half got me so bad. When he was burning the ashes I could stop my stomach hurts XD. Then to make it even better he uses a secret skill LMAO. He hid his states behind like 5 wall of protection XD. I love how cautious he is.

Then if it could get better when given a reward he says "this is all thats here" and then proceeds to say "Give me everything you have" LMFAO!! I cant stop laughing its too good. Literally immedietly takes all the guy's money without hesitation.

This is definitely going to be the best comedy this season.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 9, 2019 1:34 PM

May 2015
Duckerz said:
Good Episode! Not going to lie though, if we don't get a meme where they are fighting a really strong enemy and they're needing health positions, and he's just like "I can't use any, you can only find them" and "I only have 100 left", then i'll be very disappointed. Lmao.

He's definitely like a lot of people in MMOs to stockpile a humongous amount of health potions. I do hope they have that kind of joke. I imagine they will. They've been absolutely nailing the humour.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 9, 2019 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
It's great comedy, I just hope this is not gonna get old and boring quickly. Eventho I think Rista brings the better humour of the two. Her reactions are just priceless.
Oct 9, 2019 2:21 PM
Sep 2018
He wasn't wrong about needing to destroy every last trace of the Commandment...
But, he could have moved the remains outside of town prior to letting loose on them.

"Collateral damage" doesn't seem to be a concern to him.

Worrying about catching something strange from that Goddess, well, can't say he's wrong about that either!

His strategy and tactics are good. He seems to have a grasp of some of the relevant tropes. But, man, when it comes to relating to ordinary people? Makes a home security guard look outgoing...

On the whole, she did make the proper selection for hero. Because that world is far worse than she realized, and it's gonna take this type of jerk to deal with it.
Oct 9, 2019 2:48 PM

May 2018
LOL looks like them towns folk were more in danger with Seiya's precautionary measure than the demon that attacked them.
Oct 9, 2019 3:05 PM

Jun 2016
Seiya could save the world or destroy it by himself lol XD
As a reader of the manga I'm very satisfied of the anime adaptation, good work! and Aki Toyosaki is doing a great work as the seiyuu of Ristarte.
Oct 9, 2019 3:14 PM

Sep 2017
Ristarte is truly hilarious, and so far so good she's as useful as Aqua

Also, I'd like to thank White Fox.
Thank you for not using CGI during the demon fight like Arifureta would have done. It made the fight sooo much better
Oct 9, 2019 3:26 PM

Nov 2016
This duo is still pretty damn lol, especially Ristarte's expressions are killing me.

And haha, a lot of stuff reminded me of Dragon Ball. Like the hyperbolic time chamber or destroying all cells to prevent that the enemy can't regenerate. Seiya went a bit overboard, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 9, 2019 3:41 PM

Jul 2012
Ah yes, the classic, he's like insanely OP. That doesn't seem to be the main point of the series so it's all good.

Hmm, now that I think about it, this probably won't have any actual plot whatsoever, saving world will just serve as background for absurd humor and character interaction.

Not complaining, we've had a lot of "serious" isekais recently.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2019 3:54 PM

Oct 2017
So,.... OP hero was OP enough to defeat Chaos Machina the first time they met,.... but he wanted to be extra sure he was OP enough so he ran to get some extra training..... which got a villager killed.
Let that sink in.....
I'm gonna be keeping score on that, if I keep following the series that is.

Let's not mention the fact he practically destroyed said village..... áfter having won the fight.
Misuta-KitsuneOct 9, 2019 4:11 PM
Oct 9, 2019 4:00 PM

Mar 2010
Tuned out the first half of the episode. The second part and part with her trying to see his stats but keep being denied was great.

That guy destroyed the town lol
Oct 9, 2019 4:41 PM

Aug 2018
He literaly turned the town into ashes to destroy a bunch of cinders : a good ironic move. From saving people to burning their houses in a single blow lul
It's almost as if I was in a game like Skyrim where I can slay as much as I can save, doing both in the same time.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

272 by poppaccino »»
Mar 31, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

273 by vicok »»
Dec 13, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

94 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.