Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2019 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, there's no doubt that the main girl is going to be an important asset. Not sure I like her personality yet though. She just seems rather dull.

We got the main guys introduced so it's more of a setup episode of the plot. The show itself also is meant to be taken seriously (not seeing any comedy in this at all).
Oct 7, 2019 7:30 AM

Nov 2007
The main girl is immune to the drugs and is suitable "chess piece" to catch the criminals. w. Training by Sugita-san's character, she's ready. After back from detention that she caused trouble, she's immediately assigned to recruit a new team.

It seems like another team caught an eye on her, too.

Looks like KajiKaji voices less important character this time.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 7, 2019 8:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Looks like all these police/case solving anime but with a woman surrounded by man.
It was ok tho, I hope it will be more interesting next ep.
Oct 7, 2019 10:06 AM
Sep 2016
Did anyone notice the weird little corners filled with lights in the episode? They looked so distracting and kinda took away from the whole framing of the show.

In terms of Mobile Game adaptations, it's better then Afterlost but on par with Ensemble Stars (these show actually have a lot of similarities). It introduces a bunch of characters that give no personality besides their name and their clothes and the main girl is as boring as a pile of sandpaper. I was actually hoping for a decent one and while there were some decent moments they just couldn't STANDout among the other stuff.

I'll give it another shot.
It really do be like that though.

Oct 7, 2019 10:14 AM

Jul 2017
Police drama with reverse harem. That's like, how many police drama shows now???

Just hoping that the MC girl Rei Izumi won't be that "damsel in distress" as per many of the reverse harem shows that we've come to see and drop it like the annoying fly it is. Her speciality being immune to drugs.

Because of such shows, I've had enough of it, while Nil Admirari no Tenbin had the same core but different presentation that surprised me.

At least it is, in this case, there's tons of hot guys for the girl to choose from. Almost felt like a textbook case of choosing "love" candidates, like I smelt a sly from miles away.

Mostly a set-up episode, but will keep my expectations low.
Oct 7, 2019 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
I actually quite enjoyed this. It's hard to keep track of like 20 character names at once but at least this anime has singled out who's gonna play a large part to the plot which is the silver haired tsundere and the Sugita character who is like a mentor.

The art is amazing. Animation is average. Damn, that's a lot of attractive men. Me likey.

I like the girl so far, her seiyuu does her justice. I hope she won't be the typical otome heroine and let the guys walk all over her.

Oct 7, 2019 11:12 AM
Sep 2015
I want to live in a world where detective agency look like a host club
Oct 7, 2019 11:26 AM

Jul 2014
really dont like the color scheme
I didnt dislike the ep but i dont like it either. Hope i grow to like something about it
Oct 7, 2019 11:30 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad start. So the main girl is immune to certain drugs.

Oct 7, 2019 11:51 AM

May 2010
the other 2 crime shows are way better judging by first episode.
Oct 7, 2019 2:05 PM

Sep 2015
meh. It was alright I guess, not bad not great.
Expected more from the premise though. Too many names to remember. Standard pretty boy faces.
I've been growing tired of harems and reverse harems.

Why are they recruiting random people for a new narcotics team? Typically these are done by officers and detectives. Any new jobs should be assigned by the higher ups. They don;t just tell a rookie to go find random bums off the street to join the force. You got to know a bit of criminal law and such to be a narcotics officer.
Business men are not needed. Stupid logic.
And how is she so bad. She's a narcotics officer right?
She can't even defend herself from a unarmed assailant, how did she join the force without any form of training.

And why does it matter she has drug tolerance? Typically her doctor would care since they need to be more aware of how to administer medicine for her. But its not like a narcotics officer go and take the stuff. They just investigate and catch the people distributing or using the drugs.
Seriously, what do they expect her to do? Take a shot with the other druggies?
zcv45Oct 7, 2019 2:08 PM
Oct 7, 2019 3:32 PM
Sep 2014
Generic otome kinda anime with way too many male characters with character designs not distinctive enough lol. It's always hard to tell them apart in the beginning, but I find it particularly difficult this time. The protagonist is awfully dull and what's with the ost? It's extremely quite at times 😂. Also, which guy is the main love interest? Guess I'll have to wait a couple chapters more to know, if I can hold on till then.
Oct 7, 2019 4:08 PM

Jul 2017
In fairness though, the animation wasn't actually that bad, didn't look really off at all.

That being said it's pretty darn obvious this is an otome game lmao. Ok at least generic harems have at least 1 other male character lol

The cast is pretty stacked though ngl
Short_CircutOct 7, 2019 4:14 PM
Oct 7, 2019 5:50 PM

Jul 2009
At first I hated Sosei (actually I still kinda do) because he's hella rude and I wanted to side with Izumi but the end actually proved to me that she is a dumbass. WHY DID SHE CHASE AFTER SOMEONE WITH A WEAPON COMPLETELY UNHARMED! Plus it's not like she's a black belt or something. Absolutely ridiculous. She's a risk.

Oh what I would give to watch a good reverse harem with a female protag that not only has sense but is badass.

Also there's too many hot men. I can't focus.
Oct 7, 2019 7:29 PM

Feb 2017
The animation's so good!
Probably one of the best among the otome game anime adaptations I've seen.

All the guys are really hot, well-designed, and well-animated.
There are almost no douchebags (except one?) and the guys in the MC's team all respect her and are really nice to her.
And there's a plot going on! That's a huge plus.

MC's a little dull, but I've learned to lower my expectations for that.
Other than that, great premiere episode!
Oct 7, 2019 8:13 PM

Oct 2015
Who gives these insane ratings? Damn the unfairness, I don't think it was that bad to be given such an outrageous low rating.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 7, 2019 8:50 PM

Mar 2010
Don't understand why she is almost the only female in this anime and it is not tagged with reverse harem.. Glad there isnt twenty minutes of her blushing.Already a 5 lol

Does she have no police training... Running after that guy alone and then needing to be saved.. lol
Oct 7, 2019 10:05 PM

Jul 2016
i wasn't planning on watching more than one episode, cause i just don't 'do' otome based animes, the otome soundtracks transferring onto the anime, we just can't put glory to an otome with only 12 episodes like it almost always is cause yanno BUDGET, and especially because there's too many goddamn guys to keep track of. i don't need the whole cast up in here lol

also, the boring brown hair strikes again... disgostang... but arakida and hiyama hella cute doe. honestly might just keep watching only for hiyama (and arakida) like damn wow i c i c u

what i just don't frikin understand is like, why did she follow that crazy dude downstairs like
nobody else did
so
like if they didn't why did you and did you NOT see that he was crazily swinging around a knife (right?) even if she did know some degree of martial arts or ways to defend herself, who is to say he didn't possibly have a gun on him? so then she would be dead. like. i can't. she is so lucky that she isn't affected by drugs, or else that chloroform would have been the end of her. maybe that should have just happened, her stupidity warranted it as harsh as it is
Oct 8, 2019 3:44 AM
Jan 2019
nothing special happened, already notice it in the cover that nothing special, it so plain
if there is yaoi going on I might tag along
Anoo-DominiOct 8, 2019 3:48 AM
Oct 8, 2019 4:02 AM

Jul 2017
Pretty dull so far. When she went after perp I thought it was pretty badass of her, if a little stupid, and then it showed how useful her ability could be, but then she needed rescuing, which was a bit of a let down.

If It's more office politics than action, I will probably drop it. And if there is plenty of action, but she needs rescuing every time then, again, I will probably drop it.

Best thing about it was the end credits tune, which will be the OP. It's already on Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/track/49jXVAeqU0uf5taD4TNEar?si=2pCJmAy1QEe33IDmpzissg
Oct 8, 2019 7:56 AM

Mar 2013
That's A LOT of guys, lol. Gotta be hard to keep track of their names. Pink haired guy got a bit of my attention ngl...

Main female seems pretty dull and annoyingly reckless. Kinda disappointing. Voice was okayish, i'm glad she isn't the "Amnesia Heroine" type of girl.

I always expect an otome with a female character that actually doesn't allow the guys to mess up with her, stands up for herself and doesn't need to be rescued everytime. I'm hoping this one will be different and won't turn out to be the damsel in distress that every female character in reverse harem is.

Ending song is actually really nice.
HeiizeOct 8, 2019 8:00 AM
Oct 8, 2019 10:58 AM
Sep 2019
it was alright, i enjoy this
Oct 8, 2019 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
As someone who plays the game and read the stories, yes the first episode is dissapoint me a little. But after reading all of the reviews and look at the ratings... isn't it too much? The heroine may seem stupid and reckless to you but it's just the first episode? not everyone can just be a badass and strong in the blink of an eye, there's still a chance for character development.

The male characters looks bland to you? Not good looking enough? okay everyone has their own taste but i don't think you need to call them disgostang, there is people out there who likes them and if you think they're disgostang please just don't watch Stand My Heroes anymore.

I know Coly(The game developer) works really hard for this anime to be real, so it's hurt real bad to saw some reviews when the anime just finished airs their first episode.

I have a reason for making this account instantly just to say this, because i know how great Izumi Rei the heroine in the game is, she's everything to the fandom and we felt really happy to finally see her face, to see her talking and moving in the anime. also the game main story isn't boring as it seems in the anime, that was why i felt dissapointed a little because they changed and skipped so many parts but i'm pretty sure Coly has reason for this.

The Stand My Heroes international fandom is small (actually its starting to grow) but it's a pretty big franchise in Japan, that's surprised me too :') so if you're interested maybe you can start reading the game main story here :

(Warning : probably spoilers ahead)
https://sutamaieng.livejournal.com/5544.html

it's not finished yet but i think maybe it can caught your attention to Stand My Heroes more, also it will helps you to know more about others male characters!

Sorry for a lot of grammar errors and thank you so much for any of you who will watch one or two more episode or even would follows this anime until it's finished airings!
removed-userOct 8, 2019 12:33 PM
Oct 8, 2019 5:21 PM
Mar 2018
I should have done more research before watching this anime. It felt like I was playing a galge with too many heroes that I couldn't keep up with. I am sure this series is the thing for some people but it's not for me. I am promptly dropping it.
Oct 8, 2019 10:03 PM

Oct 2008
so many IKEMEN...and one 1 girl...this must be Otome... lolz
3/5.

Oct 9, 2019 1:28 AM

Oct 2016
-Man, I wouldn't mind the idea of working an office job if it looked like that!
-So we have the big jerk character. He's definitely not going to stay like that for long.
>"If you ever need anything, please contact this number."
I can't be the only one who felt like that was way too rushed right? Why would he give her a "I'll help you whenever" pass over one little incident. That was just weird.
-So she chases after this dangerous guy. The whole scene played out very predictably...
Also
>Kujo
>STAND candidate
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Overall, there wasn't much to talk about. Looks like we may have an average reverse-Harem. This probably won't be anything special.

Cdynamo said:
Did anyone notice the weird little corners filled with lights in the episode? They looked so distracting and kinda took away from the whole framing of the show.

In terms of Mobile Game adaptations, it's better then Afterlost but on par with Ensemble Stars (these show actually have a lot of similarities). It introduces a bunch of characters that give no personality besides their name and their clothes and the main girl is as boring as a pile of sandpaper. I was actually hoping for a decent one and while there were some decent moments they just couldn't STANDout among the other stuff.

>Did anyone notice the weird little corners filled with lights in the episode? They looked so distracting and kinda took away from the whole framing of the show.
YES that was definitely really weird. They weren't even like terribly in-your-face. It's like they put them there to be a slight annoyance, haha.

casstellaryui said:
As someone who plays the game and read the stories, yes the first episode is dissapoint me a little. But after reading all of the reviews and look at the ratings... isn't it too much? The heroine may seem stupid and reckless to you but it's just the first episode? not everyone can just be a badass and strong in the blink of an eye, there's still a chance for character development.

The male characters looks bland to you? Not good looking enough? okay everyone has their own taste but i don't think you need to call them disgostang, there is people out there who likes them and if you think they're disgostang please just don't watch Stand My Heroes anymore.

I know Coly(The game developer) works really hard for this anime to be real, so it's hurt real bad to saw some reviews when the anime just finished airs their first episode.

I have a reason for making this account instantly just to say this, because i know how great Izumi Rei the heroine in the game is, she's everything to the fandom and we felt really happy to finally see her face, to see her talking and moving in the anime. also the game main story isn't boring as it seems in the anime, that was why i felt dissapointed a little because they changed and skipped so many parts but i'm pretty sure Coly has reason for this.

The Stand My Heroes international fandom is small (actually its starting to grow) but it's a pretty big franchise in Japan, that's surprised me too :') so if you're interested maybe you can start reading the game main story here :

(Warning : probably spoilers ahead)
https://sutamaieng.livejournal.com/5544.html

it's not finished yet but i think maybe it can caught your attention to Stand My Heroes more, also it will helps you to know more about others male characters!

Sorry for a lot of grammar errors and thank you so much for any of you who will watch one or two more episode or even would follows this anime until it's finished airings!

I didn't check the link, but I like your passion! I'll definitely stick around for this anime. Don't take the low score people are giving it too bad, maybe it'll end up being a gem.

Oct 9, 2019 3:47 AM

Dec 2016
A lot of detective related animes are coming out this season. But this one is nothing compared to Babylon and Tokunana. First episode was dull but gonna watch another episode to decide if I should drop it or not. The ED was good.
Rickydory123Oct 9, 2019 3:52 AM
Oct 9, 2019 8:03 AM

Nov 2014
I was expecting to just laugh at this, but it was actually very watchable. As others have said, there are a tonne of guys, and they generally look the same except for eye color and hair style. I'm not going to try keeping up with everyone. I'll be literally watching this for the plot. I'm curious to see how Izumi's drug immunity will be utilized, and if she ends up with anyone.

4/5
Oct 9, 2019 1:40 PM

Jan 2011
ive been playing the game since it basically came out and i was really looking forward to the anime bc im a big fan but ngl i also found the ep a bit slow and boring. i'll def keep watching it because of reasons, but so far its a 6/10 for me. (im not really fond of the... colors of the anime? its very pastel-like and idk it kinda bothers me)
Oct 9, 2019 1:52 PM

Mar 2019
Cdynamo said:

We had to change the light here at home because of this. We were watching it with the lights off and the window closed and the shining corners were like punching the eyes of my brother lol
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Oct 9, 2019 9:01 PM
Mar 2019
I like this Anime's original smart phone game. just for enjoy kind of puzzle game
when I finished watching first episode I think Its not bad and also Its not good
That's my opinion I dont know how to keep going to aired this Anime
I'll keep watch this Anime
Oct 9, 2019 9:41 PM

Sep 2018
It seems like otome game, a reverse harem, I'm fine with reverse harem but I hate is when the heroine is a weakling or damsel in distress! She annoys me.. I love it that guys are all bishounen though.. I hope the story/case will be good.

OHHHHH! it's really a game lol that's why it's like otome game.. okayyy.. I'm not sure if I'm gonna continue this. maybe not..
erenmeiiOct 13, 2019 6:13 PM
Oct 10, 2019 8:51 AM
Jan 2009
Not too much hope for mc to not be a damsel in distress type. Personality wise and with the guys around her she may end up strong but...why did she duck and cover when the waiter guy was about to hit her? She elbowed herself out of his grasp but then couldn't/wouldn't defend herself from getting hit, really? Isn't she some sort of police/agent? Basic training in self defense at the least.
Oct 10, 2019 9:29 AM

Nov 2009
This show would be a lot better if it didn't have those blatant otome vibes and the cast filled exclusively with ikemen guys so saccarine they'll rot your teeth. As it is, there's no hope the plot will tske precedence over flirting...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 11, 2019 8:57 AM

Sep 2012
Nice, another prohibition propaganda anime
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Oct 12, 2019 1:48 AM
Oct 2019
I know that not many people are pleased with the 1st ep...but idk..maybe because it was my long anticipated Reverse harem anime of the year..im delightful and was very pleased with how the story goes in the 1st ep...all the bishies...im all ears to ears with their visual bishouenen..really couldnt ask for more. literally on cloud9 with the male characters..ouh yeas..im a bishounen only anime lover so i could be a hit biased but hey i also vote for good plotting of te story..1st impression is good at least to me as a bishounen lover. 😍 so far the girl seems a bit weak..which i hope isnt prolonged in the next2 ep..but i cant really say so since we didnt know yet how this Izumi come into the drug department..if she cant fight for herself i guess it fits her background as she's a very important piece for drug investigation n might as well not being well trained with self defense as the other colleagues.cant wait for ep2.
Oct 13, 2019 3:49 PM

Aug 2018
A rather slow start for me, and I'm struggling to keep up with all of the different characters that have been introduced. It is a setup episode, so there should be more on offer with following episodes.
Oct 14, 2019 7:51 PM

Jul 2016
Anoo-Domini said:
nothing special happened, already notice it in the cover that nothing special, it so plain
if there is yaoi going on I might tag along

bahahaha me, i'd sign myself up
Oct 14, 2019 9:35 PM

Jan 2019
So many pretty boys.... like is there not one old dude who isn't some higher up or maybe.. MORE GIRLS. I mean it isn't a really feminie job but I would expect at least one other girl to be part of the 16-12 men team??!

Another note, this heroine is slightly higher than some of the reverse harems out there. She has some interest plot armor with her drug immunity, she can't be chloroformed and she probably can't be drugged which get ditzy girls into so much trouble. She knows how to get out of a bear hug which I say kudos to you girl. However, DOES SHE NOT KNOW ANYTHING ELSE. Like once you get out of bear hug you can either beat the guy or run away NOT STAND THERE AND EXPECT SOMEONE TO SAVE YA YOU LITTLE SH*T.

Another thing is, if you don't know how to fight, and you don't have a weapon and your perp probably has one, and you know you have a partner who would probably help you do you,
A. Get a weapon, maybe your heels or your partner's weapon, OR MAYBE JUST BRING HIM.
B. Tell the squad you just saw the perp and they all go after him with you.
C. Just run after the perp and hopefully your squad notices. Because God gave us mouths for other reasons besides communicating.

If you picked A or B you aren't a dumb heroine!! If you picked C you best pray on plot armor to save you.

Is the first episode good? No. Is the heroine any different from the damsel in distress? Barely. Will I still watch it? Probably so... only because it looks like girl is growing as a character. She did cut her hair and that one white hair guy is whipping her into reliable character. So maybe by the end of the series we might see a crime fighting kickass girl or a smart ingenious girl like Haruhi from Ouran. We shall see...although my expectations are already pretty low.

Oct 15, 2019 7:33 AM

Jan 2019
Im gonna guess the creator's gender. Female.
The reason why is because all the Males look feminine. And, its a Sausage Fest.
Also why is it at a 5? It may be boring but, it's not that bad.
Oct 19, 2019 10:06 AM

May 2011
I am watching the worst anime shows this database says it has and honestly this one is not bad. But as a man it isn't my thing because of the many guys appearing on here it is obvious fanservice for girls. The protagonist is cute though but for the score it has I am surprised.
Nov 11, 2019 7:03 PM

Nov 2008
Why oh why are otome game series SO FREAKING BORING? Nobody ever has a personality.

Idolish 7 and Nil Admirari no Tenbin are the only ones I like. :/ Don't think I'll follow this one.

Dec 28, 2019 7:57 AM

Sep 2014
meh I'm just watching this because some of the guys are hot ;)

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Jan 16, 2020 9:31 PM

Jun 2013
Damn this site is harsh, i quite enjoyed this first episode
Apr 9, 2020 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
STAND?!? IS THAT A MOTHERF#CKING JOJO REFERENCE! but now on a more serious side there are quite a lot of characters introduced, and to be honest they all look quite similiar. Hopefully they showcase their individual personality properly the next few episodes
I'm happy the mc shows takes action, even though it can lead to some problems, compared to some other reverse harem series were the mc has no personality and barely does things, hopefully she won't become the damsel in distress every time something happens

Jun 12, 2020 3:02 PM
Feb 2020
Love the story so far! Good voice acting, good art, and good plot. Can't wait to see the other episodes.
Salutations! In the name of Saturn, I'll punish you!
Jul 21, 2020 8:35 AM
May 2019
That was one dull & tedious episode. Basically introduced a bunch of characters, all completely one-dimensional. Even the main character is uninteresting. Safe to say I have no expectations.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2019

10 by Marithe »»
Apr 16, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2019

20 by maaah »»
May 14, 2021 9:58 PM

» OVA Announced

tsubasalover - May 9, 2021

3 by tsubasalover »»
May 9, 2021 10:59 PM

Poll: » Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2019

11 by RWBYREN »»
Jun 14, 2020 8:25 PM

Poll: » Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2019

17 by RWBYREN »»
Jun 13, 2020 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.