Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 13, 2019 10:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I feel like Mangetsu matured a lot in this series, even through her conversation with Kuon's sister.

On the other hand, it seems Shingetsu keeps worrying about their own future. Got to see part of her past with Ana too. One more episode left....
Sep 13, 2019 10:25 AM

Jun 2019
If you didn't know it, the Granbelm ending song is now available on Spotify (https://open.spotify.com/track/3tovnSpNMNUuVPD0JQns51?si=4Bu7Y1fjR1Ob9SL2l_SUYw) please we need to show how we love this anime, support with streams!!! and don't forget the opening song too!! (https://open.spotify.com/track/3DJhAzrGsLQFw5lt07H1T6?si=M7qt2YNETaaEm88wrZ_oHg)
Sep 13, 2019 12:45 PM

Aug 2018
The phone call at the begining , Shingetsu monologue , her reunion with Mangetsu and that scene at the kombini hit me hard.
The first minutes of the second half of the episode feels refreshing and then it take us back to reality really hard , I really liked Shisui song i couldn't help by smiling during the whole song.
The beautiful firework scene got me at first i'm not gonna lie, great episode again.
One more episode to go ...
Sep 13, 2019 1:03 PM

Jun 2019
Holy crap!!! What a episode!!! It was so beautiful and stunning!!! Every moment was full of magneficence!!! I just hope the last episode be so amazing like this, please!!! I'm speechless, I have been blessed, I am amazed!!!
Sep 13, 2019 1:09 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see Kuon's sister finally wake up. Though its sad that due to her defeat Kuon as a person has ceased to exist anymore. Even though to the people of the world Mangetsu's existence is gone fragments of her kindness remain it seems. To her knowing that people still remember her despite not seeing her must have been a godsend. The camping trip though sure was fun though. Despite her talent in magic Shingetsu's skills in other areas sure is surprisingly lacking. The insert song by Shisui's VA sure was calming and beautiful. Still to think that this trip was Mangetsu's farewell to her friends though. Overall a solid and beautiful ep that did well to show the kind of bonds that had been forged between Mangetsu and Shingetsu as well as the strong desire that Mangetsu found in order to help her friend even if it meant that she herself will vanish. Mangetsu's consideration and kindness just knows no bounds. Curious to see how this ends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2019 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

The camping trip was nice to watch. Though I feel bad for Mangetsu, she was there with her sister even though her sister doesn't remember her. That's just sad.

Kuon's sister singing voice was amazing. I loved that scene.

One more episode to go... :(

Sep 13, 2019 2:01 PM

Feb 2016
Ya all, next episode isn't the last, this series is listed with 13 (according to Anilist), there's 2 more Granbelm Fridays left!

This episode was like the calm before the storm, but damn, even if it was calmer than usual, the whole atmosphere was stunning! Shingetsu's monologues hit me really hard, the animation was amazing and boy, Mangetsu's quotes this episode were really touching. I agree with Stark, Mangetsu has matured a lot through this series.

Kuon's sister song was really beautiful!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 13, 2019 2:36 PM

May 2015
This was great, probably the best episode in the series in my opinion.

It was really nice to have just a chill episode of lovely character bonding and seeing Mangetsu talk and go on about keeping her resolve and how she'll eventually fade away but has come to accept it is so good.

I loved the talk of full moons and half moons in reference to their names and Mangetsu doing a nice poetic twist on it. Just in general all of Mangetsu's talks this episode were so good. Seeing Shingetsu worry a ton over Mangetsu was cute. I totally ship it. I love the fact that Mangetsu is Shingetsu's doll cause it creates a more deeper connection than just friends. Shingetsu genuinely super cares for Mangetsu and its adorable.

It was slightly weird how Mangetsu's outlook changed dramatically over just one conversation but it gave some amazing scene so I don't care.

Sadly we know the outcome from the get-go since the anime literally has the name "two" princeps in the title so we know both Mangetsu and Shingetsu will be the princeps. Well I guess we knew that would happen anyway since its very rare for a series to actually remove a main character from a series.

I still find it funny that Yuki Aoi is the main villain in this and the main hero in Symphogear. Truly Ying and Yang XD

Still don't know how Mangetsu disappeared when she did the firework thing, but oh god that scene scared me a bit. I thought she actually disappeared Madoka style. Luckily she didn't.

One last thing, the decision to make Mangetsu a doll WAS THE BEST DECISION EVER !!!! Honestly that decision alone made this series super re-watchable and interesting as hell. Ive never seen a series have this type of plot twist and it makes Mangetsu feel really unique and gives amazing character development. Love Mangetsu, best girl.
DarknessRealitySep 13, 2019 3:02 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 13, 2019 3:04 PM

Nov 2016
Beautiful episode. It was so hard to hold back the tears during Mangetsus monologue. Think this got me better than my first watch of Madoka. Melancholic atmosphere was also so well done. Loved the song during the camping trip and the part when the ending kicked in as well. All around very good.

Ready for the finale(or maybe not :D) hope it will be as impactful as this "prologue" and nice that we got two more episodes for it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 13, 2019 3:14 PM

Mar 2016
I really liked that they dwelt on Mangetsu's (basically) indirect and very long good-bye to the people still in her life with the camping. This episode was really nice with the way they got the point across that the memories of those gone still persist perhaps in the subconscious or even in the world somehow. Her 'bye-bye' got to me a little even if she really just ran into the dark.

The atmosphere and direction are very strong (and the OST is phenomenal).
Sep 13, 2019 3:26 PM

May 2017
Anyone else sobbing uncontrollably besides me?

Holy shit...
Sep 13, 2019 3:56 PM

Jul 2017
Carlosc93 said:
If you didn't know it, the Granbelm ending song is now available on Spotify (https://open.spotify.com/track/3tovnSpNMNUuVPD0JQns51?si=4Bu7Y1fjR1Ob9SL2l_SUYw) please we need to show how we love this anime, support with streams!!!

I noticed one of the insert songs from this episode is on the same single "Scenery"

Carlosc93 said:
and don't forget the opening song too!! (https://open.spotify.com/track/3DJhAzrGsLQFw5lt07H1T6?si=M7qt2YNETaaEm88wrZ_oHg)

Cheers! I've added both to my Summer '19 OP/ED playlist. I will add it to my full playlist (see signature) when I get round to it, currently working on Winter '19.
Sep 13, 2019 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
no action, but still an amazing episode. Mangetsu saying goodbye to everyone.. really sad. ;_;

Can't wait for next week!!
Sep 13, 2019 4:58 PM
Jan 2017
Granbelm delivers yet another fine episode! As Shingetsu agonizes over the choices she made throughout the show, Mangetsu is determined to help Shingetsu accomplish her goal, even if that means ending her own life. This episode was really good at giving Mangetsu and Shingetsu so much pathos, but I admit the more emotional parts of the episode didn't resonate with me as well as I hoped. Although I agree with the episode's message that life should be treasured and appreciated in every single moment, I think other shows have handled this message way better than Granbelm. It wasn't bad, but it could have been better. Now that the final battle is just around the corner, the remaining heroines need to steel their resolve if they are to fulfill their wish. All in all, Granbelm has been an entertaining series and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Sep 13, 2019 5:06 PM

Aug 2018
I was convinced that Mangetsu would disappear after Shingetsu wins (if she gets to but I doubt she fails) the Granbelm. Looks like I was almost wrong considering she decided to disappear from everyone's head except Shingetsu's one.

Actually, the way she left reminded me a bit of Angel Beats!, when one character leaves after making a sort of high five with his mate. You get to see the beginning of their move and eventually the remaiming protagonist's arm stays alone in the air instead of touching his former friend's arm (that shit hit me right in the feels). Mangetsu's way of leaving was a bit similar, you could see the beginning of her farewell message and then poof, the firework touches the ground and nobody realizes she stood there.

It seems next week's episode is going to be the last though... MAL still did not update the database.
Sep 13, 2019 5:27 PM
Apr 2013
Another knifetwisting episode right into the feels. Not gonna lie, this show is probably the one that surprised me the most. Didn't expect Fate, Madoka and Code Geass to have such a beautiful child :P Well, the ending is still up in the air, and a lot of anime failed on the last meters. So lets just hope that GRANBELM isn't one of them.
Sep 13, 2019 5:54 PM

Mar 2019
Otorez said:
I was convinced that Mangetsu would disappear after Shingetsu wins (if she gets to but I doubt she fails) the Granbelm. Looks like I was almost wrong considering she decided to disappear from everyone's head except Shingetsu's one.

Actually, the way she left reminded me a bit of Angel Beats!, when one character leaves after making a sort of high five with his mate. You get to see the beginning of their move and eventually the remaiming protagonist's arm stays alone in the air instead of touching his former friend's arm (that shit hit me right in the feels). Mangetsu's way of leaving was a bit similar, you could see the beginning of her farewell message and then poof, the firework touches the ground and nobody realizes she stood there.

It seems next week's episode is going to be the last though... MAL still did not update the database.

MAL is paying this series dirt in general, 11 weeks and we still don’t have the voice cast updated, I submitted it like 4 weeks ago.
Watch Granbelm
Sep 13, 2019 6:42 PM
Jun 2017
thats sad for mangetsu as her presence is slowly fading away up to the point only shingetsu is the only one that can see her...

lets see what will happen in this battle..
Sep 13, 2019 9:16 PM

Oct 2010
Buy the CDs instead of streaming. Artists don't make crap from streams.

Anyway this episode was fantastic, just like the whole show. Literally underrated. I can't understand how this averages under an 8, honestly. I feel like votes with less than half the episodes watched should be ignored or something like that. Most the low scores have only seen 1 episode (probably didn't even finish it, honestly). This show deserves so much more.
Sep 13, 2019 9:39 PM

Oct 2015
I just hope Shingetsu can save Mangetsu, damn such a sweet doll. It made me super sad when she disappeared like that to the others.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 13, 2019 10:26 PM

Mar 2019
Do It For Nene......
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Sep 14, 2019 12:47 AM
Mar 2018
My heart... it burns... don't do the disappearing act on me holy shit...
Sep 14, 2019 1:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, mangetsu's monologue and the camping trip were good.
I want to see what is going to happen next week.
Sep 14, 2019 3:21 AM
Aug 2019
DarknessReality said:

Sadly we know the outcome from the get-go since the anime literally has the name "two" princeps in the title so we know both Mangetsu and Shingetsu will be the princeps. Well I guess we knew that would happen anyway since its very rare for a series to actually remove a main character from a series.

I still find it funny that Yuki Aoi is the main villain in this and the main hero in Symphogear. Truly Ying and Yang XD

Still don't know how Mangetsu disappeared when she did the firework thing, but oh god that scene scared me a bit. I thought she actually disappeared Madoka style. Luckily she didn't.

One last thing, the decision to make Mangetsu a doll WAS THE BEST DECISION EVER !!!! Honestly that decision alone made this series super re-watchable and interesting as hell. Ive never seen a series have this type of plot twist and it makes Mangetsu feel really unique and gives amazing character development. Love Mangetsu, best girl.

Just to play devils advocate though, there are indeed 3 contenders left, perhaps Mangetsu eventually disappears and the remaining two both become princeps. Perhaps Magiaconatus decided that it was unsafe to entrust all magic into Shingetsu’s hand, considering her wish.
Sep 14, 2019 3:33 AM

Oct 2007
Kougeru said:
Buy the CDs instead of streaming. Artists don't make crap from streams.

Anyway this episode was fantastic, just like the whole show. Literally underrated. I can't understand how this averages under an 8, honestly. I feel like votes with less than half the episodes watched should be ignored or something like that. Most the low scores have only seen 1 episode (probably didn't even finish it, honestly). This show deserves so much more.

I can't afford to buy dvd's, but will try to buy something from this anime once more products become available at CDjapan. If a good figure of Mangetsu get released, maybe that. :)
Sep 14, 2019 5:37 AM

May 2018
Liddo-kun said:

I can't afford to buy dvd's, but will try to buy something from this anime once more products become available at CDjapan. If a good figure of Mangetsu get released, maybe that. :)

Come on GSC, make nendos or something. I'm waiting :D

Man what an episode! Looks like it's Mangetsu's finally goodbye to all her friends, and were fast approaching the final battle.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Sep 14, 2019 6:30 AM

Feb 2014
Mangetsu is such a pure and lovely girl. As much as I want to her to stay as long as possible, this episode was pretty much her final goodbye to everyone that knew her before the final battle against Suishou.

The whole segment of Shingetsu running to where Mangetsu was while the insert song played really got to me. It was beautifully done in terms of emotional impact. =)

The camping trip was a surprise, but it had its funny moment, with Shingetsu being rubbish at cooking and Shisui going overboard with the fire. Even then, the camping trip still had a tinge of sadness when Mangetsu's sister struggled to remember her at times. Another surprise was Shisui's song around the campfire, which was really relaxing, but also had that hint of sadness to it as well.

This episode was the calm before the storm, but what an excellent episode it was. Now girls, time to battle against Suishou and, for the love of all that's holy, take her down already!!! XD
Sep 14, 2019 7:33 AM

Jul 2008
How did Mangetsu manage to buy food, when no one can see her (as she mentions that she had eaten dinner "alone")?
NaruOotoriSep 14, 2019 7:41 AM
Sep 14, 2019 7:40 AM

May 2015
Signwritsu said:
DarknessReality said:

Just to play devils advocate though, there are indeed 3 contenders left, perhaps Mangetsu eventually disappears and the remaining two both become princeps. Perhaps Magiaconatus decided that it was unsafe to entrust all magic into Shingetsu’s hand, considering her wish.

Hmmmmm knowing anime I doubt this will happen. Its rare to see a series have a sad ending like completely getting rid of a main character. Even the most depressing Magical Girl anime like Mahou Shoujo Site have happy endings and the cover has the two of them on it so I think its safe to say they're the ones to be the two princeps.
Sep 14, 2019 7:57 AM

Oct 2007
Nemesis_Ranka said:
Liddo-kun said:

Come on GSC, make nendos or something. I'm waiting :D

Man what an episode! Looks like it's Mangetsu's finally goodbye to all her friends, and were fast approaching the final battle.

GSC making something for this anime would be really good indeed.
Sep 14, 2019 7:59 AM

Oct 2007
DarknessReality said:
Signwritsu said:

Hmmmmm knowing anime I doubt this will happen. Its rare to see a series have a sad ending like completely getting rid of a main character. Even the most depressing Magical Girl anime like Mahou Shoujo Site have happy endings and the cover has the two of them on it so I think its safe to say they're the ones to be the two princeps.

I also believe there will be some sort of happy ending on the last episode.
Ernesta won't allow to disappear the waifu she created for herself.
Sep 14, 2019 8:31 AM

May 2015
Liddo-kun said:
DarknessReality said:

XD Yes! "The waifu she created" that's such a good way of looking at it lmao. Best couple.
Sep 14, 2019 11:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was quite some heartrending episode.

Mangetsu's bye-bye there and signing off in the memories of the others was very moving, to say the least. To add to that, a really profound buildup with her little convo on full moons and the stars and whatnot in particular. She has really matured throughout the course of the series and it'll be tough for my kokoro if she really were to pass away in order to sate Shingetsu's wishes (which the show seems like to be heading into).

Looks like there still are lingering traces of those who've been erased by magic, that's good and at the same a little grievous to see.

Looking forward to seeing how it'll play out from here on and here's to hoping for a solid conclusion!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 14, 2019 7:43 PM
Jan 2019
It made me want to cry, but I didn't, hold on like a whole male: 'v.
It was a beautiful and sad episode, Mangetsu's words about the world leave a great message. I think I understand Shingetsu's wish better. It is what I like about this anime, each story has a different point about magic, which for some is a miracle for others can be harmful. It is what makes this story unique. I consider this anime one of the 10 best anime this season. And I know that the next episode will not i be so lucky, I will not be able to hold back the tears. And to think at first I hated Mangetsu, and now he became a very precious character. Poor Shingetsu, it will be a painful farewell.
Ps: Yukari Tamura's voice is lovely, so hearing her sing through Shisui was wonderful.

"Although it seems that there is nothing, there are many incredible things in the world."
Sep 15, 2019 1:07 AM

Oct 2007
DarknessReality said:
Liddo-kun said:

XD Yes! "The waifu she created" that's such a good way of looking at it lmao. Best couple.

yeah, as Ernesta said this episode. It's her wish to have someone like Mangetsu. Well, her wish came true, even if it's by the magic of Magiaconatus. I have the feeling she won't let go of Mangetsu easily. /must save the waifu :)
Sep 15, 2019 1:11 AM

Oct 2007
ycleped said:
Anyone else sobbing uncontrollably besides me?

Holy shit...

cried on the first time seeing Ernesta hug her pink hair doll. ><
Sep 15, 2019 2:26 AM

May 2015
Liddo-kun said:
DarknessReality said:

yeah, as Ernesta said this episode. It's her wish to have someone like Mangetsu. Well, her wish came true, even if it's by the magic of Magiaconatus. I have the feeling she won't let go of Mangetsu easily. /must save the waifu :)

#ProtectBestGirlMangetsu
Sep 15, 2019 4:56 AM

Feb 2017
Shingetsu after you win just pour all of the world's magic into Mangetsu, that way there wont be any more magic in the world and Mangetsu wont go away(though she would become a goddess).
Sep 15, 2019 6:27 AM

Oct 2015
Did I need to create a fake thousand account or what ? That score really laughable
Sep 15, 2019 9:16 AM

May 2015
Luxeraph said:
Shingetsu after you win just pour all of the world's magic into Mangetsu, that way there wont be any more magic in the world and Mangetsu wont go away(though she would become a goddess).

The new Madoka XD.

Prog_upworks13 said:
Did I need to create a fake thousand account or what ? That score really laughable

You created fake accounts?
Sep 15, 2019 4:26 PM

Jul 2017
Even as the world fades into oblivion, there'll be painful memoríes, such as Shingetsu making a doll together with Anna, the symbolism of the doll being their wish. A wish that could make or break the people around them. And it's hard to imagine Mangetsu accepting herself being a doll to Shingetsu, but she definitely heard her heart cries out.

It's a bye-bye that we certainly didn't wish to hear and bear Mangetsu being lost in the wilderness.

To "celebrate" before their final battle seems obligatory, but being for the final wish, they're out chilling to camp. And I understand now why having Mangetsu's younger sister totally OK with not recognizing Mangetsu is a thing, even if memories get in the way.

The overarching problem is, no matter if Shingetsu wins Granbelm, the magic could not go away, and Mangetsu senses it. But she chooses to live together with Shingetsu, knowing that she'll love in her heart forever.

The final battle stage is set between Mangetsu and Shingetsu vs. Suishou. Praying for nothing but the best in these final 2 episodes.

Other than that, this was a tearjerking episode that runs emotions higher than I anticipated. It's just simply fantastic at how this series gets better and better.
Sep 15, 2019 6:13 PM

Jan 2011
most depressing camping episode ever, knew it was going to well then when she did the firework art my heart sank
Sep 15, 2019 6:42 PM

Jan 2018
Anyone has a cool wallpaper of mangetsu drawing the goodbye with the fireworks?? It was really aesthetic.
Sep 15, 2019 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is basically calm before the storm!
"Wani Mart" that's basically straight out of hentai!
next episode will be the last and for sure HYPE awaits! let these young girls pour out all emotions!
5/5.

Sep 16, 2019 4:14 AM

Oct 2007
forgot to say. I like the part where they revealed Nene-nee is afraid of heights. So that's why we see Ji Guan Long often on the ground, and even if it flies in it's second form.. it flies low. :p
Sep 16, 2019 5:02 AM

Oct 2015
DarknessReality said:
Luxeraph said:

The new Madoka XD.

Prog_upworks13 said:

thats a joke come on brug
Sep 16, 2019 9:39 AM

May 2015
Prog_upworks13 said:
DarknessReality said:

The new Madoka XD.

thats a joke come on brug

Its just I've been seeing a lot of that sort of thing recently so I didn't really see it as a joke. I thought you were being serious XD
Sep 16, 2019 10:15 AM
Jan 2015
Hope they wouldn't spoil this with some shitty happy end like Yuuki Yuna.
Sep 18, 2019 4:28 PM

Nov 2013
lol if mangetsu randomly disappeared like that i would probably end up rating this a 1, but i guess that didn't happen...still wow, that was a sad/interesting way to say goodbye to her friends

it was fun to see mangetsu enjoying the little things even tho she knows she is a doll and might disappear soon

anyway i don't know what to think about this anymore, on one side we want Mangetsu to be saved, but we also know that banishing magic would save a lot of people at the cost of "a doll", truly hard choice

also i thought next episode was the last, but nice to see we still have 2

let's see what happens, will they have make a choice or will it be a miracle and they can find a way to save mangetsu while getting rid of magic? but before that...can they beat the other girl?

btw i love Kuon's sister's voice =D
winddevil1Sep 18, 2019 4:52 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 19, 2019 2:43 PM

May 2017
Vizvezdenec said:
Hope they wouldn't spoil this with some shitty happy end like Yuuki Yuna.

I agree, I think finding a way for Mangetsu to survive would completely go against all of the themes the show has been building up.

"Who am I? What is my purpose? Why am I alive?"

It's clear now that Mangetsu's purpose in life, the way she was able to find fulfillment, was to be alongside Shingetsu during GRANBELM. Regardless of whether or not they can find a way to save her, she realized her purpose in life because of the tournament which in turn gave her life purpose and meaning. Saving her would go against everything the show has built up towards, and would be a major cop-out and not satisfying at all.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

77 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:57 AM

» Beauty..... so undderated.........

Ghefira - May 5, 2023

1 by NerdyMemer »»
May 6, 2023 2:55 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

79 by Ten »»
Dec 28, 2022 8:42 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2019

87 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 29, 2021 4:57 AM

Poll: » Granbelm Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

47 by Noodle070 »»
Aug 29, 2021 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.