Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 3, 2019 4:42 PM
Mar 2017
Giyu and the beautiful Shinobu arrive to the mountain to support the other demon slayers, as for Tanjirou, he meets an absurdly powerful opponent.

I was sad to see how poor Zenitsu was transforming, but Shinobu's beautiful appearance gave me hope that Zenitsu could be saved. What a beautiful way to appear on the scene, I like Shinobu so much so far.
Inosuke must face the resistant father demon spider, at first it seemed difficult to defeat, but Inosuke is too stubborn and ends up cutting off the demon's arm, but the damn demon changed his skin and now is more powerful which ends up demoralizing Inosuke, but he remember the words of Tanjirou and the old woman and he regains his fighting spirit, although this is not enough to fight evenly against the father demon spider and when this demon was about to kill Inosuke, Giyu arrives and gets rid of the father demon spider .

Tanjirou pisses off the kid demon spider by telling him that his family bond is false, the little monster is too powerful, that spider web is lethal that way he shattered the cocky demon slayer was terrifying. The worst part is that the spider web is so sharp that it shattered Tanjirou's katana and we don't know if Tanjirou received the lethal cut, what an overwhelming cliffhanger.

I don't know about you, but I think it's quite obvious that the kid demon spider is the one that belongs to the twelve demonic moons, the way in which the presence of this kid affected Tanjirou reminded me of when he met Kibutsuji Muzan.
Aug 3, 2019 5:23 PM

Aug 2018
Have no fear kids, the cavalry has arrived ! Seems like there's a very important gap between different ranks within the Demon Slayers.

But now Tanjiro's facing the final boss, who's a really tough guy, eh.
Aug 3, 2019 6:04 PM

Oct 2012
Rewatching the episode, I just realized something: Isn't half of Giyuu's clothes, Sabito's?

Of course, they were both trained by Urokodaki. The whole Water Breathing and all... But this means they were friends, right? So Giyuu wears his clothes as a memento or something. That is so beautiful if that's really it :( And such a nice detail. I wonder if the other half belonged to someone that Giyuu lost as well? Or if it's just part of his original clothes (since they are the same color as his swordhilt). awwww I want to know more about his story now.
Aug 3, 2019 6:09 PM

Jul 2016
Very good episode but DAMN CLIFFHANGER I CAN'T WAIT
Aug 3, 2019 6:14 PM

Jan 2009
i already know whats gonna happen but damn still excited

and we are not getting a new OP really?
Aug 3, 2019 6:35 PM

Jun 2016
Giyuu has the same abilities as tanjiro. I didn’t see that coming.
This new female character needs be more serious, a lot of rookies died, but she was in a great mood.
Aug 3, 2019 7:24 PM
Aug 2017
OH MY FUCKING GOD, THIS EPISODE. WHY the episodes ends so fast? I am breathless! I think Nezuko will save Tanjiro's ass this time or the spider sister will help him and maybe sacrifice herself
Aug 3, 2019 8:13 PM

Oct 2015
Giyuu sure made it look easy with that slash, after Inosuke has struggled so much against that ugly shit.

Can't wait for Tanjiro vs the abusive brother!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 3, 2019 9:03 PM

Jun 2013
I think this episode was important for Inosuke to grow. There are times when acting brash can be useful, he did slash off daddy spider's arm, however it can lead to death, whether that be his own or the death of others. What if the pillars didn't come? He would've been dead at that point because Tanjirou is busy fighting two other demons and Zenitsu can't move because of the poison coursing through his body.

Inosuke is going to grow from now on and in the manga, I started liking him much more after this arc. He still says and does dumb things and is still brash to an extent but he realizes his weakness and becomes more appreciative of others. In the previous episode, you can see him getting angry when Tanjirou was mentioning his wounds and trying to dress them. He's going to grow and so will all of them, including the pillars.

I'm glad to see Giyuu again, he's one of my favorite characters in the series. I'm so-so with Shinobu but she's a very important character. I can't wait to see Nezuko again next week. We need to see the muse again.
臭い-
Aug 3, 2019 9:49 PM

Feb 2014
Now THAT is a cliffhanger, don't remember the last time I was genuinely irritated I have to wait a week to see what happens

Aug 3, 2019 11:42 PM

Oct 2018
They really love cliffhangers, don't they?

Episodes end with a huge one, every damn time

It was a really good episode BTW!
Easily 5/5
Aug 3, 2019 11:49 PM

Jul 2016
No that cliffhanger!! That sure was a dirty move.
And also damn, poor random demon slayer. He got sliced as if he was cheese.

Overall, it was another nice episode. Inosuke had it rough against spider dad but he managed to put up a decent fight for the most time until Giyuu appeared. The little glimpse we got from his past was interesting, by the way. I hope his character receives more insight before this season concludes.

And on a side note, the scene where Shinobu descended over Zenitsu was simply beautiful. Not to mention that the OST used during the episode was quite spectacular as well.
Aug 3, 2019 11:55 PM

Mar 2019
Past: 5 out of 5: Loved it!

Present: 5 out of 5: Loved it!

Future: 5 out of 5: Loved it!
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Aug 4, 2019 12:08 AM

Dec 2014
well the swords got broken...hmmm sad
Aug 4, 2019 12:20 AM

Feb 2017
3 Katanas got wrecked this episode... xD
Badass giyuu :D
Aug 4, 2019 12:47 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
tottobennington said:

I like your sig. What anime is that from?
Aug 4, 2019 12:47 AM
Aug 2019
anyone knows what was the ost when shinobu appeared?
Aug 4, 2019 12:55 AM

Oct 2017
Woa both of their blades broke. Innosuke was saved but wonder what will happen to Tanjiro now that he is weaponless.
Aug 4, 2019 1:19 AM

Jan 2015
AddaeAkono said:
tottobennington said:

It’s from Trinity Seven
Aug 4, 2019 1:21 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Xenocrisi said:
AddaeAkono said:

It’s from Trinity Seven

Thanks. I couldn't take my eyes off it.
Aug 4, 2019 1:22 AM

Feb 2017
Xenocrisi said:
AddaeAkono said:

It’s from Trinity Seven

indeed, trinity seven, movie 2
Aug 4, 2019 1:38 AM

May 2015
Rest in rip papa spider.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 4, 2019 3:46 AM
Dec 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
Holy Fudge, this was some Episode!

Animation for the entire show has been mesmerising but even then I feel as though this episode totally outdid all the previous episodes! Mate, the level of detail put into the water scene there was freakin’ lit!

Damn, Giyuu’s introduction though, bloody amazing with the addition of those footsteps right before the climax. Mad props to Inosuke though, he really gave it his all despite the odds. A big stand of ovation to Matsuoka-san though, that was some amazing VA there! Looks like he’s finally understood the meaning behind the words of the Inn Grandma too, quite the moment of realisation imo, and was that his mother/elder sister there? Looks like he’s been through a lot, no wonder. A little surprised that the Twelve Kizuki member was beaten that easily though, was he really a part of the Twelve Kizuki or is Giyuu just Muzan-level or something?

Anyway, on the other side of things, it looks like Zenitsu’s managed to hold on just about enough. Hayami Saori’s gold voice plus that beautiful introduction, oh boy that was sublime! Looks like Tanjirou’s in real deep trouble though, after all that provocation (which was abolsutely on the mark). Had goosebumps there seeing the thread just cut through the blade and vroom in to the screen.

Can’t wait to see how he survives the ordeal! Will Nezuko-chan intervene to save the day?

I don't think the dad is the member of the 12. It's too obvious and too easy. The twist for me is the real member of the 12 is the sister (classic powerful but kind and unwilling to use it) but it could also be the brother who reminds me of Lubbock from Akame Ga Kill (😭😭) I loved how he used his weapon.

Nezuko's intervention is probably the best option but even at it. It's weird to think she would just know when to pop.
Aug 4, 2019 3:48 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Inosuke didn't stand a chance. I like his stubborn mentality lol

There goes Tanjiro's sword. He desperately needs to be rescued!
Aug 4, 2019 3:51 AM
Dec 2017
These Demon Slayers have to sue their institution😂😂😂. How can they keep getting substandard Katanas? I feel so much pity, every time their Katana breaks because they are vulnerable and it's not even their fault.

#StrongerSwords
Aug 4, 2019 3:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Mr_Tux said:
I don't think the dad is the member of the 12. It's too obvious and too easy. The twist for me is the real member of the 12 is the sister (classic powerful but kind and unwilling to use it) but it could also be the brother who reminds me of Lubbock from Akame Ga Kill (😭😭) I loved how he used his weapon.

Nezuko's intervention is probably the best option but even at it. It's weird to think she would just know when to pop.

I agree. Well, the sister being the Twelve Kizuki member might be a letdown for many, maybe even I who knows, so I’d rather have it be the brother if I’d to choose between the two. Well, we’ll find out soon enough in 6 days’ time.

Yup, she’s appeared like this in a similar situation before too, right before Tanjirou encountered Muzan I think it was, so I suppose she can do something of the sort whether it be for the sake of plot or for a more legitimate reason.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 4, 2019 3:56 AM

Jan 2019
That what i call a DIRTY CLIFFHANGER. Amazing episode tho ^-^
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Aug 4, 2019 4:04 AM

Apr 2018
Looks like Inosuke and Zenitsu is saved but Tanjiro has to fight alone. Damn Ufotable with their spectacular animation and also CLIFFHANGERS
Aug 4, 2019 4:05 AM

Mar 2017
Tanjirou's sword broke? Damn! That cliffhanger.
Aug 4, 2019 4:05 AM

Apr 2012
The level of detail the animators put in making the water look realistic deserves an award. I've never seen anything like that in an anime TV series. Even Violet Evergarden's jump across the pond doesn't come close.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Aug 4, 2019 4:35 AM

Jul 2017
Dayum what a fine episode, once again from last episode.

Oh wait, dat water 3DCG at the river scene. That was some realistic water animation effects.

Inosuke facing true deathly fear, out of the depths of his frontal attacks, for the 1st time since he pops up since then, and Giyuu from back in the Exam arc makes a comeback by saving him. It's been hella long time since we ever saw him in action.

Tanjirou on the other hand, faces the cruelsome brother of the sister spider whom he desires to save. Is he one of the 12 Kizuki? Honestly, I'm still up in arms.

And WHAT THE HELL Ufotable, that's a dirtysome cliffhanger! Regardless, another excellent episode in the books.
KANLen09Aug 4, 2019 4:46 AM
Aug 4, 2019 5:13 AM
Jun 2017
Inozuke and tanjiro are really struggling to beat those guys. They have a hard time putting of some damage in their respective enemies. Then here comes the support which just slashed quickly the enemy.

They do have same attack as of tanjiro but you know its a level up one. Hahaha...

This just to show you how far tanjiro is compared to those on higher ones in terms of power
Aug 4, 2019 5:43 AM

Jan 2011
Those swords breaking got me hyped for a bit coming later.
Aug 4, 2019 6:08 AM

Nov 2016
Awesome episode. Inosukes tenacity stood out as well as the fantastic OST.

The two top class Demon Slayers seem interesting. And yeah, I was pretty disappointed by daddy, he just seemed like a mindless monster without any finesse. Definitely not suitable for a member of the 12.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 4, 2019 6:35 AM

Jul 2019
That damn cliffhanger... I know he's going to make it but I'm still worried.
Life is a despicable endurance race
Aug 4, 2019 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
What the? That cliffhanger! Argh!
Aug 4, 2019 7:26 AM

May 2018
Nezuko to the rescue!
Inosuke is kinda growing on me now :)

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Aug 4, 2019 8:25 AM

Apr 2009
I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but those creepy and wide eyed spider bald heads staring up at Zenitsu's location at the hanging house...actually look cute from a distance. LOL

Oh crap...the thread broke his blade! The cliffhanger on this will kill me as well! >_<

If Giyu just cut up old Spider Dad just like that and the dude didn't recover, he might not be the Kizuki member we're looking for here...come on, I expected more fight from a Kizuki even fighting a Hashira! If it is so then, either the one fighting with Tanjirou is the Kizuki...or the Spider sister?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 4, 2019 10:08 AM

Feb 2014
Inosuke was brilliant. He certainly hates thinking with his head a lot, but he had to rely on all of his knowledge and a massive amount of stubborn determination for him to survive against the massive spider father after Tanjiro was smacked out of the battle.

But despite giving it his all, Inosuke's duel katana swords broke on him and he was at the mercy of spider father's crushing grip. Just hearing Inosuke's head getting slowing crushed like that was painful, but Giyuu arrived in time to take down the father with relative ease.

As for Shinobu, she was able to get to the heavily poisoned Zenitsu in time as well. With her at his side, I'm sure that Zenitsu will make a full recovery now. =)

Tanjrio was able to soften is crash landing, but ended up encountering the spider kids, with the brother deliberately hurting his sister. Tanjiro shouted out some brutal and truthful words at the spider boy, which in turn made the little bastard pissed off and thus, the two battled against each other.

And that led to the moment where Tanjiro's sword snapped in half, which completely caught me off-guard. Just to add insult to injury, the episode ended there as well. WHY?! X_X

What a great episode this was, filled with some excellent animation and also one of the best CGI uses of water that I've seen in anime. It looked pretty amazing, honestly. =)
Aug 4, 2019 11:22 AM

Sep 2017
This episode was really great, I loved it !

But..something just came to my mind
(I'm an anime-only watcher, I didn't read the manga yet)

What if the 12 Moons' member was actually the kid, and not the dad ?
I mean, the dad was powerful but seemed to be more like a mindless beast with a huge strength, but Giyuu killed him REALLY easily
Meanwhile, that kid looks really powerful, so...maybe Tanjiro will have to face his first 12-Moon demon (if we consider the drum-demon wasn't a 12-Moon member anymore)
Aug 4, 2019 11:37 AM

Apr 2015
What a great episode... Fights were incredible. Especially the fight with the spider dad was definitely standing out. They managed to damage him twice but not enough for it be down for good, only for it to shed it's skin and becoming even tougher... Inosuke was almost done for, but Giyuu came to his rescue...

Zenitsu didn't look too good, damn :/ Not gonna lie though, Kanao landed beside him like an Angel rescuing Zenitsu from death's clutches.

That son of the spider family has some tough webs... that guy who got sliced up, that sounded nasty.. Really glad they don't hold back on anything.
Aug 4, 2019 2:23 PM

Nov 2009
The writing in this show can be absolutely abysmal. I like how that one kid/demon slayer took his time to spew out exposition to the audience about his entire life story and goals in the most unnatural way possible before getting diced (rather than immediately sneak attacking the demons like anyone with half a brain). That was hilarious.
Aug 4, 2019 2:33 PM

Jun 2011
Inosuke still can't get Tanjirou's name right ww

Still no Nezuko-chan ; w;

That ending...
Aug 4, 2019 3:05 PM

Apr 2017
That! That was the most wholesome and the most awesome episode I've probably ever watched.

I laughed so hard when Inosuke yelled Kentaro instead of Tanjiro when that big demon tossed Tanjiro away.

But Tomioka bro, why so harsh? That demon had family!
Aug 4, 2019 4:02 PM

Oct 2017
Seeing Inosuke been crushed while you watch his past when he had been abandoned was so overwhelming until was suddenly saved. Hope to see the growing up of he and Tanjiro once they get out of there and train. By the way the animation of river scene was marvellous.

Ant161718Aug 4, 2019 4:06 PM
-¡Give yourself to me!
Aug 4, 2019 4:45 PM

Jul 2015
DAMN THAT IS SOME FINE WATER. But that dude who was talking about earning money or some mess was the most throw away piece of garbage background characters I've ever seen, good way to show off the spider bro's power I guess. Still waiting for Nezuko to make her appearance I mean COME ON NOW, IF SHE DON'T SHOW UP NEXT EPISODE I'M... I'M... I'm going to send a somewhat strongly, well organized, list of complaints, starting with the lack of Nezuko.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 4, 2019 6:56 PM

Sep 2018
Best episode of the season
I keep moving forward
Aug 4, 2019 6:57 PM

Sep 2018
Grimzey said:
An episode without Zenitsu screaming like a bitch every 4 seconds is a good episode.
Same dude, i really hate the screaming it's annoying
I keep moving forward
Aug 4, 2019 7:32 PM

Dec 2016
Seems like our main boys are still a little too weak for their surroundings which is good, don't want them to be too overpowered too quick lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

20 by HaremSevdalisi »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.