Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2019 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, they didn't waste much time jumping right into the magic and action for this anime. Myth & Roid performs the OP song and it's not bad but didn't feel as powerful as some of their previous work (compared to the Overlord theme songs anyway)

First episode seems to focus a lot on Taichi and Rin as the main characters. They encountered some demonic horse monster...talk about having a weird day. There's also the guild themes in the show as expected as most isekai/fantasy these days.
Jul 10, 2019 6:30 AM

Apr 2019
im gonna be watching this later on just because with arifureta i feel like we've already seen the worst of isekai this season, this can only be an improvement xD
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 10, 2019 6:34 AM

Aug 2017
Meh, this is so generic. They're not even trying.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 10, 2019 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
Nurguburu said:
Meh, this is so generic. They're not even trying.
yea.. thats why it works and thats why it keeps getting animated
Jul 10, 2019 7:37 AM

Apr 2016
Damn, the worst isekai show of the year contest is filling with strong participants, first shield hero then kenja no mago, arifureta, even before maou sama and now this. Is there no stopping it.
Jul 10, 2019 7:42 AM

Jan 2018
Swagernator said:
Damn, the worst isekai show of the year contest is filling with strong participants, first shield hero then arifureta, even before maou sama and now this is there no stopping it.

Ikr. Don't forget Kenja no majo.
Jul 10, 2019 7:46 AM

Aug 2013
Another Isekai anime huh. This one doesn't stand out at all.

Anyways. So we have Taichi and Rin being sent to another world and the right away they had to deal with a horse monster. Good thing other adventurers were there.

Jul 10, 2019 7:56 AM

Sep 2012
I feel like I can't watch this. The animation feels like an eyesore.
Oh god who are you people?
Jul 10, 2019 7:56 AM

Jul 2017
Rie Takahashi deserves better.

Dropped halfway through.
5/10
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jul 10, 2019 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
Ak18reh-man said:
Swagernator said:
Damn, the worst isekai show of the year contest is filling with strong participants, first shield hero then arifureta, even before maou sama and now this is there no stopping it.

Ikr. Don't forget Kenja no majo.
Tate no yuusha is the best isekai of This year so i don't know what the fuc*you are talking about,the others isekai were terrible,slime is good but it doesn't count(fall 2018 to march 2019)
Jul 10, 2019 8:06 AM

Jan 2018
It might as well have the worst opening ever made, the animation looks like a bad anime from 10 years ago and the characters are as lame and cliche as it gets. I watching it cause this anime is trash but so am I
Jul 10, 2019 8:06 AM

Jan 2013
Isekai Shit magician is worst isekai 2019. I read 3 manga volumes. It is just stupid cliche story with good art. Anime adoptation even don't have avarage art judging first fight. Look at his "mighty" tornado.

Also MC will gain cheat power in last episode of anime. Good luck.
ExcelDogJul 10, 2019 8:13 AM
Jul 10, 2019 8:09 AM

Aug 2012
Standard Isekai so far. Has a black ball for having female warriors but a white ball for the MC already having a GF from the start. So it balances out.
Jul 10, 2019 8:18 AM

Sep 2008
It was okay. Very generic isekai stuff. The pacing was alright, there was no horrible CG and the episode didn't feel like it was falling apart so that puts this one above Arifureta and Maou-sama Retry for me. At least so far.
Jul 10, 2019 8:21 AM

Oct 2015
Swagernator said:
Damn, the worst isekai show of the year contest is filling with strong participants, first shield hero then kenja no mago, arifureta, even before maou sama and now this. Is there no stopping it.

blame those novels creator and Japanese. we have atleast 5 new books about isekai in every month.
Jul 10, 2019 8:25 AM

Jul 2015
Hooray! A proper introduction! Compared with Arifureta Shokugyou, this is a masterpiece.

I will give this 3 episodes.

AdrianRubinskyJul 10, 2019 8:29 AM
Jul 10, 2019 8:29 AM

Aug 2011
One of the worst Isekai i've read getting an adaptation, what could go wrong ?
And to think it would be one of better Isekai anime of this season, there is no salvation.
Jul 10, 2019 8:43 AM

Jul 2017
To think that the season's worst isekai going to this or either Arifureta, I can decide with both being absolute trash, the Kenja no Mago of the season. Oh, and Maou-sama Retry! too, that abominable lovechild of Overlord.

Nothing really stands out, and it seems that EVERY studio is trying their hands on an isekai series, with White Fox's Re:Zero retaining the champion's seat with absolutely NO competition. Too bad we can smell bad ones and their aftertastes over miles away.

zamandzoe said:

Yes amen, man of culture. Feels like the recording people told her to cut her usual voice-toning down, and for the worst.

AdrianRubinsky said:
Compared with Arifureta Shokugyou, this is a masterpiece.

Say that to infinity and beyond.
Jul 10, 2019 8:49 AM

Nov 2017
This Isekai seems to have a better first episode than Arifureta.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jul 10, 2019 8:50 AM

Nov 2017
KANLen09 said:
To think that the season's worst isekai going to this or either Arifureta, I can decide with both being absolute trash, the Kenja no Mago of the season. Oh, and Maou-sama Retry! too, that abominable lovechild of Overlord.

Nothing really stands out, and it seems that EVERY studio is trying their hands on an isekai series, with White Fox's Re:Zero retaining the champion's seat with absolutely NO competition. Too bad we can smell bad ones and their aftertastes over miles away.

zamandzoe said:

Yes amen, man of culture. Feels like the recording people told her to cut her usual voice-toning down, and for the worst.

AdrianRubinsky said:
Compared with Arifureta Shokugyou, this is a masterpiece.

Say that to infinity and beyond.

Dude, Kenja no Mago was awesome, man ! It had Aug, Sizilien, and Maria in it, 3 of my favorite characters in it even though the MC might not be that cool.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jul 10, 2019 9:02 AM
Jan 2018
Well ateast the production of this anime can't be worse then arifuretas was . Given that it was basically made from scratch and replaced both directors and art director.
Jul 10, 2019 9:03 AM

Nov 2017
papsoshea said:
This season has to be up there with birthing the worst isekai in existence... maybe this year. The show looks horrible. Nothing else to say.

Not worst.....That goes to Hyakuren no Haou lmao.

I have one opinion about Isekai Cheat, though. The main heroine of this show, Rin, is not as cute as the main heroine of Kenja no Mago, Sizilien. Sizilien is more cuter than Rin IMHO.

Jul 10, 2019 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
What can I say. Watchable. At least for now. I don't have any expectations. I started it only because Takahashi Rie.
First Tate no Yuusha espisde wasn't bad too...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 10, 2019 9:19 AM

Oct 2014
This is about as boilerplate as isekai get. Still a marked improvement on Arifureta because the story is really straight forward, it plays out as generic as possible. Also the artists can actually draw faces consistently. Who knows how long that will last though. The animation is a contender for worst of the year, god damn it's bad. The bike sliding across the screen on a motion tween, that disaster of an opening was incomprehensible when it wasn't still shots of characters. I have no reason to care about the main character whatsoever.

Regarding the first episode of all the isekai this season, this one is easily the most forgettable.
Jul 10, 2019 9:20 AM

Oct 2018
Alright

The 3rd isekai anime out of 4 this season, and all three of them has a score below 7 with a messed up first episode

Please J.C.Staff, you're our last hope with Okaasan online
-Aincrad-Jul 10, 2019 9:25 AM
Jul 10, 2019 9:21 AM

Oct 2017
Well better start than I expected.Lol he brought his heroine with him. Rin looks like a gd fmc since she jumped right into the circle for him despite not knowing what will happen to them. Well even if this turn out to be a generic isekai anime, I still love watching isekai animes with over powered mc so proly gonna enjoy this too.
Jul 10, 2019 9:22 AM

Jul 2017
Ehurvaks said:
papsoshea said:
This season has to be up there with birthing the worst isekai in existence... maybe this year. The show looks horrible. Nothing else to say.

I have one opinion about Isekai Cheat, though. The main heroine of this show, Rin, is not as cute as the main heroine of Kenja no Mago, Sizilien. Sizilien is more cuter than Rin IMHO.

@papsoshea 3 ANIME IN A ROW. BAD ONES INCOMING (this, Arifureta, Maou-sama Retry!). This year has birthed some of the worst isekai.

@Ehurvaks I agree with that Ragnarok one being the worst of last year. But focus this year, and clearly the isekai traits show up in the worst manner possible. And I deride with Kenja no Majo. The plot is shit but the characters are nice (Shin, Sicily (NOT Sizillien due to translation errors)).

-Aincrad- said:
Alright

The 3rd isekai anime out of 4 this season, and all three of them has a score below 7 with a messed up first episode

Please J.C.Staff, you're our last hope with Okaasan

Same here, REALLY crossing fingers and praying that isekai-MILF is the savior of the season.
Jul 10, 2019 9:22 AM
Apr 2011
I am starting to believe one is only allowed to work on an Isekai after one has proven to be an absolute sh*t writer.

Horrible writing, horrible dialogue, clunky exposition.
Jul 10, 2019 9:27 AM
Aug 2018
Honestly thought the bicycle was going to be the new era of truck-kun smashing more girls than anyone will.
Jul 10, 2019 9:28 AM

Sep 2017
"Hey, we have already got enough of generic isekai. People are complaining."
"How about instead of transporting one person into isekai, we transport TWO persons into isekai?"
"Genius. That would make it totally not generic."
Jul 10, 2019 9:31 AM

Dec 2016
Ok. What the Hell is with this attitude of judging entire anime/season just by one episode?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 10, 2019 9:44 AM

Feb 2016
Quite a generic episode. I guess it will get better later on.

BTW this show is also from kadokawa so it maybe the next entry in Isekai Quartet
Jul 10, 2019 9:46 AM
Aug 2017
Well it's not bad episode but it's generic obviously and i hope will get better for more episodes of this anime
Jul 10, 2019 9:46 AM
Feb 2018
What a cliched isekai series. The main character(s) get summoned to another world. Go to a guild. Get tested, whats this they are so powerful. I don't understand how for one second rin is like, no this is not a isekai and the next she completely accepts it.
Jul 10, 2019 9:50 AM
Feb 2009
another iseka and I'm already shipping Taichi x Rin lol
Jul 10, 2019 9:51 AM

Jul 2016
47 seconds. I don't know why I bother.

Remia looked pretty sexy, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to keep watching.

Okay. Bye
Jul 10, 2019 10:09 AM

May 2017
First episode is very good,i must say. Pacing was good,music was decent and character introduction was good as well. However,how is going to be like in next episodes,is it gonna get better or worse? We will see in next episode. I know what is everyone saying:It's generic,so f***ing what? I don't care how generic is it,it's not simple or easy to give characters good hair colors or not to make them look same as other characters you already seen before. Even though 90% of all male anime characters and 10% of all female characters look generic,i have seen worse character's art designs,not because they were 'generic' and other trivial nonsense,it's just looked objectively bad. There are worse anime series that do deserve negative criticism,but Isekai Cheat Magician is not one of them because judging anime from just first episode is like judging a book by it's cover. Once all episodes are done,i would give an honest opinion.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Jul 10, 2019 10:10 AM

Aug 2013
compared to arifureta adaptation this is an oasis...
Jul 10, 2019 10:14 AM

Mar 2018
I know Arifureta was garbage but it wasn't as boring as this one. Everything about it screams ''I know it's 2019 but allow me pls''
poop
Jul 10, 2019 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
Will stay for the probabily non existent romance between the childhood friends, and feel bad that they will only hint about it.

And, Got a weekness for redheaded ponytail girls.
Jul 10, 2019 10:46 AM
Dec 2017
MegamiRem said:
Well better start than I expected.Lol he brought his heroine with him. Rin looks like a gd fmc since she jumped right into the circle for him despite not knowing what will happen to them. Well even if this turn out to be a generic isekai anime, I still love watching isekai animes with over powered mc so proly gonna enjoy this too.
oh boy i found a relatable person in this forum. Finally
Jul 10, 2019 10:52 AM
Aug 2017
It's better than Arifureta, and it's not as generic as Kenja no Mago, but just by a bit.
It's more generic than maou-sama retry (at least that one put in one possibly interesting plot point).
Was hoping with chra protagonist being a duo they'd be more character and less self insert.
Taichi is more like Taiki than Taichi (I can't be the only one bothered by the name being the same as the protagoinst of the 1st Digimon season)
Jul 10, 2019 11:05 AM

Mar 2016
It's strangely okay-ish for now.

But you can tell after the opening scenes that the show is kinda setting itself up for disaster.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt FOR NOW. I don't see this show really getting necessarily better from this first episode, though.
Jul 10, 2019 11:06 AM

Feb 2015
Wow such originality :o
Jul 10, 2019 11:13 AM

Jun 2015
Oh look, another trash isekai that is very generic. This was very bad.
Jul 10, 2019 11:27 AM

Apr 2015
Welp... There goes 3 out of 4 Isekai Anime this Season.

IMO it's better than Arifureta at least.

But still, the animation kinda 'stiff' and pretty generic like any other Isekai.

Also, why Rin looks so familiar though?? Lol

I'll stick around.
Jul 10, 2019 11:41 AM
Apr 2019
A great start, this has potential for the best anime of the season even with all the stiff competition
Jul 10, 2019 11:44 AM
Apr 2019
Ehurvaks said:
papsoshea said:

That's true, but I like Rin too and she has a nice personality.
Jul 10, 2019 11:46 AM
Nov 2010
How to did they get Myth and Roid to do the OP for this generic trash?
Jul 10, 2019 11:50 AM

Feb 2013
A question to all the "this is so generic"; "isekai trash" and so on faction.

Is it that hard for you lot to NOT comment here? Is it that hard for you to continue with your sorry, sad and boring lifes instead?

Seriously.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

68 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

100 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

40 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

67 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

32 by Seabury »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.