Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 25, 2019 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, it's over but man, this show was one of the most predictable ones I've seen this year. Not to mention, we got a powered up Taichi taking up an enemy that looks like a demon in the finale.

Meh. I'm glad it's over. One of the weakest series I've finished. It's pretty fucking bad and felt like an advertisment of the LN.
Stark700Sep 25, 2019 7:50 AM
Sep 25, 2019 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
This was legit the worst isekai I have ever watched. That the best part of this show is the opening says a lot.
Sep 25, 2019 7:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This anime was just so bad and very boring, pointless show.
Sep 25, 2019 8:32 AM
Oct 2018
Shitsekai shit Magician
Sep 25, 2019 8:36 AM

Oct 2017
So Aery turned into sylphie and grew big, i mean ofc rght she can't join Taichi's harem in that tiny body. Anyway we got to see that woman's face atleast. This was predictable and the fight animation were bad till the end.
MegamiRemSep 25, 2019 10:48 PM
Sep 25, 2019 8:50 AM

Dec 2015
I'm going with 7/10. Solid last episode. There were anime witht a last episode that was a lot better - but were the previous episodes were not as good. Other anime had worse last episodes. Can't say anything against your usual typical last episode that ends the battle and clears up most stuff - whille still leaving other stuff open ended. That's your usual setup.

Show was entertaining most of the time and I liked how it teasered bigger background plot from the beginning and got beter continously. Not too bad - the writing.

Yeah animation and stuff might be subpar - but I care less about these.

Compared to great fantasy like GATE Densetsu Yuusha and Alderamin it is a lot worse. But can easily compete with generica game story anime (Granblue) or "for the fap only" anime like DanMachi (plot on same niveau but more fap material - with it come more annoying moments ... more harem-like stuff more boobs).

The service - besides Aery being a bit annoying (cute little and the annoying voice) - was really tuned down and the main acted pretty normal towards most girls.

Nobunaga anime and Genome were worse - out of the other 7/10s I watched this season. Astra same level. Besides that I only watched 3 other anime which were much better (Cop Craft, Vinland Sage and Carole and Tuesday).
Sep 25, 2019 8:53 AM

Jan 2016
I absolutely love Isekai but I just couldn't fucking stomach this one.

The entire season the choices the characters made were just ?????? and how forgiving they were about everything pissed me off too.
They weren't acting ANYTHING like they would have in a situation like this. They're basically acting like they were "Heroes" born into this world.

The plot went by so quickly, and they barely had to struggle to get people to see everything their way.

Honestly the saving grace to that whole fight thing was he finally fucking killed someone.

But that ending scene though... They've only spent like a month and a half in this world and they're acting totally fine with the priestess never being able to send them home...
"I quite like my life here :) teehee (: We have precious friends here :) teehee"

In the majority of Isekai I've read/watched the characters at least show they're fucking upset in some way.
If they got hit by Truck-sama they're like "I hope my family is okay" at least.

I don't know how the manga or LN is but I'm sure it conveyed a lot of details far better than this anime.
Sep 25, 2019 9:09 AM

Mar 2010
How in the hell did I finish this series??? Guess I kept hoping for a better story. The demon at the end only tried to attack him once.... What a laugh, or rather, massive joke!!
Sep 25, 2019 9:12 AM
Jun 2012
Still better than arifureta cg shit.
Sep 25, 2019 9:31 AM

Aug 2018
Isekai Boring Magician is finally over. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either : started up ok-ish, became really pointless to watch & gave me a sleepy mood in the middle, ended up being ok to watch.

What I didn't like : the main characters were too bright, too gentle & too kind. Placing myself in their situation, I'd be extremely pissed off to have been literaly kidnapped from my world to save another one I had no clue it existed. But no, Taichi & Rin genuinely smiled at the girl who's responsible of their kidnapping...

Then the fights themselves were not epic or at least, did not make me feel like the abilities were "cheats" (very ironic for an anime named "Isekai CHEAT magician"). Even the most powerful abilities looked like a mosquito's attack on screen, despite everyone being "ooooooohh" in the background with an impressed face on.

Also villains were quite ridiculous (not sure they were really antagonists actually) like Cassim & her friend, or even the 2 loli twins who invoked goblins.

Lastly, Taichi did not accept Sumella's proposal, which is a real shame.

Things I managed to appreciate : not many to be honest. Some characters were decent or even enjoyable to discover but I would not end up loving them either.
The story is basic but can't expect more from an isekai since they all start alike (what makes a huge difference are the characters at first and then the internal development).

At the end, I can't give more than 5/10 (or maybe 5.5/10). But strangely, I wouldn't mind seeing more of this show eh.
Sep 25, 2019 9:41 AM
Jul 2019
4/10 Disappointed by something I didn't have any expectations for in the first place. This is from someone who likes basically all isekai and gave Kenja no Mago a 7/10.
Sep 25, 2019 9:43 AM

Mar 2018
It's finally over oml
If this was 'just' advertisement for the LN I definitely don't wanna read it. Ever.

It's just so bad
In the end there were still many unanswered questions. Maybe some of my questions were actually answered but ai just dozed off when they were.

Taichi just grows stronger and stronger with no limits. Ofc Aerial->Sylphid had to be a Great Spirit. She had to have a 'normal body size' body too orcourse because otherwise she wouldn't be good harem material

Speaking of harem- Taichi's harem just grows and grows with no limits too

And if Taichi ever gets in trouble again he will most likely just summon some other Great Spirit and everythings cheating again and again.

Idk it just has so many faults even if you don't compare it with other isekai and try to view it as it's respective show.. I wonder if 4/10 is generous

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 25, 2019 9:43 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Okay, why was there such a big, tearful, and purportedly meaningful moment when Aery revealed her “true form”... only to have her look, sound, and act EXACTLY THE SAME?!?! 😐
She coulda just been like, “oh BTW, my name is actually Sylphie, and im more powerful than you thought” 😑
Sigh. Kinda sums up this show: perceived significance that yields zero payoff 😓
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Sep 25, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2012
A really bland title. In all honesty i dont think i have ever come close to watching any other isekai as it is so generic that is boring as hell.

The real problem is that even when a show is bad there is at least something about it you can make a conservation about like Arifuertas cgi and bad pacing or maou-sama's retry animation(I even gave maou an 8/10 of 10 cause at least the comedy and characters were funny and interactive) so im not that picky with titles but this is at that point where it is neither good or bad but at the same time it makes it so boring that your felt with absolute nothing.

I gave it a 5/10 as true average scale, i guess story wise it was ok and it could serve as a good title for anyone who is not familiar with isekai or anime in general but for most people i dont think they would get anything out of it. I doubt it will get a sequel or il ever watch it again.

gappasaurus said:
Okay, why was there such a big, tearful, and purportedly meaningful moment when Aery revealed her “true form”... only to have her look, sound, and act EXACTLY THE SAME?!?! 😐
She coulda just been like, “oh BTW, my name is actually Sylphie, and im more powerful than you thought” 😑
Sigh. Kinda sums up this show: perceived significance that yields zero payoff 😓

Exactly my point it keeps making things seem like there important but at the end it brings out nothing and i mean literally nothing.
-ShadowClaw-Sep 25, 2019 9:55 AM
Sep 25, 2019 9:55 AM

Feb 2016
Finally....
God it was such a predictable and boring show. The only good thing that came from this was the opening theme.
I wonder how good the LN is
Sep 25, 2019 10:01 AM

Jul 2017
eh, I didn't find it that bad tbh. Wasn't as frustrating to watch as other isekai like Shield Hero or Master of Ragnarok, and characters weren't entirely that bad. Plus it's one of the few isekai's that actually involves characters dying rather than magically living through everything

too much cheating/10

winddevil1 said:
but i have to admit, for me this anime probably has the best character design of the season, specially Myura looks gorgeous

yay I'm glad someone else thinks this as well lol
Short_CircutSep 25, 2019 4:10 PM
Sep 25, 2019 10:30 AM

Aug 2013
This show is finally over. Taichi easily handled that guy that turned into a demon.

The wind spirit, Aerial, changed form and gave Taichi a huge power up.

Honestly, this show has been quite predictable. 4/10.

Sep 25, 2019 11:03 AM
Nov 2016
Omg, this was so bad. Cringe overload. And how often did he say "protect" ? 8 or 9 times *barf*. The pseudo philosophical stuff was awful too. And ugh, "loosing my humanity". Bleh.

Thank god this crap is over now. 3/10
Sep 25, 2019 11:37 AM

Jan 2013
RIP!!!!! My favorite episode :)

This may have been the worst Isekai ive seen in my life!
Sep 25, 2019 11:48 AM
Mar 2014
nice ending, but was really expecting more from this series.

If Taichi is an elemental summoner, surely he should also gain the power to summon Ifrit, Shiva and many other elemental gods.

I hope they make season 2 and keep on with his power ups.
Sep 25, 2019 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
marconii2002 said:
Still better than arifureta cg shit.

ah cmon with comedy like this https://youtu.be/YAILs0CH-8U?t=34
Sep 25, 2019 12:12 PM

Nov 2013
a decent story, with some decent characters and some decent fights lol

but i have to admit, for me this anime probably has the best character design of the season, specially Myura looks gorgeous
i would probably rate it a 5/6 but like i said the design has to get a bonus so i'll give it a 7 =D

also, i wonder if this is a typical "read the source" ending, or if we will get any more seasons of this in the future, as i would most likely watch another season of this

forgot to mention, but i love the ED song too, just as good as Takagi's Op, Rie's voice just sounds so nice <3
winddevil1Sep 26, 2019 3:09 AM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 25, 2019 12:21 PM

Jun 2014
It started as a decent isekai, sadly in ended being a very forgettable one.
Sep 25, 2019 12:33 PM

Oct 2007
Horrible, just horrible Final. This anime just ruined my day.

I just can't put these thoughts into words without destroying what I like about the Isekai genre and anime in general. The fact it forces me to make this post just to ... ughh...

Talentz
Sep 25, 2019 12:34 PM
Feb 2009
thank god it's finally over season 2 anyone? lol
Sep 25, 2019 12:59 PM

Dec 2016
BTDee said:

I don't know how the manga or LN is but I'm sure it conveyed a lot of details far better than this anime.

Possible
I didn't read LN and manga just ended before monster attack when elf girl was kidnaped. (19 chapters). but from what I read manga is better and Ann is really doing something and not just saying that she was assassin.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 25, 2019 1:10 PM

Jul 2014
This Rin's face taken out of context is quite funny.

Those berserkers are more respectful than one would expect, they literally stood still watching the romantic scene between Taichi and Rin lol

What! After everything that's happened you're telling me they just left the guy responsible for all this... there? lmao

Aery made such a fuss that I thought there was going to be a big revelation... but no, all that fuss and we ended up with the same Aery xD

Anyway, I don't care if a show is cliché, I didn't care that this show was cliché, I even defended it at the beginning but then it became so dumbly cliché that I couldn't defend it anymore.

Taichi was so uninteresting, well, I don't really think there was any interesting character. Maybe Ana, but we already know what happened to her. Heck, I wasn't even interested in the romance. I honestly would have preferred to get rid of Taichi and instead follow Rin's gay adventures.

Even Myth & Roid's OP was meh.

Goodbye ICM, one thing I can at least say for sure is that I liked the girls designs.
SkyLETVSep 25, 2019 2:17 PM
Sep 25, 2019 1:15 PM

Oct 2015
I see Aery has become Sylphid now, wooow! Also Taichi and Inimicus had the worst last battle I've ever seen in my entire life, on top of that he spouted some nonsense about getting stronger for his nakamas and next he said he wanted to get stronger for himself ( which is it exactly?). The bastard killed the villain because he dared him, the hell:-D :-D :-D :-D. I see the other suppose " villain" got killed, that king is heartless, especially since he killed his own brother and nobody tried to stop his ass, especially Taichi. Most of all they never even went home, and were really content with the situation. What about the female villain though, is she going to get away with it? That cheat Taichi did, was that it:-D :-D ?

"Kono Kuso Yarou", are the only words to describe this anime! If it was tangible I wouldn't wipe my behind with this, as it is almighty shit itself. Everything it did was like a sewerage drain opening up, so laughable and mediocre. Even as an op anime, it was a can of smelly underwear, it needed lots of washing and airing. Taichi was boring as a protagonist, he made these potato chips I'm munching taste like cupboard. The only cheat I experienced, was my time being wasted and my potato chips! Fuck!l

It was hella bad, but I did not hate it that much. Maou retry sama was my worst and I hated that shit. I will be lenient, since it has the word " isekai" around it. But the fact remains technically, it was one of the worst anime this season and tops as one of the worst isekai ever! I'm going to by lenient and give a bias:

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 25, 2019 2:29 PM

Feb 2015
Isseki can be many things but it should never be boring.

This was boring with terrible charcters, an awful story and crap animation.

One of the worst isseki ever made along with Master of Ragnarok. This LN should never have been given an anime. It had not an ounce of originality.

An absolute turd of a show. 2/10
Sep 25, 2019 2:30 PM

Feb 2009
Hoping for a second season but i don't think is gonna happen, It seems conclusive enough.
Sep 25, 2019 4:18 PM

Jul 2017
HAH, zombie apocalypse for a finale apology of such a tremendously lame and boring series. The CG can be rivaled with Overlord S2 and S3.

Yikes, so much for "testing your opponents". The only deciding factor has been Taichi alone, let alone Rin.

gappasaurus said:

I personally laughed at this, seems like this is the end-cards for me ROFL

In the end, we have the OP foreshadowed for all the world to see, it was predictable as hell. The "last" demon vs. the OP Taichi and Slyphie as the finale battle huh.

Crashmatt said:
Isseki can be many things but it should never be boring.

YES, even if it's bad at least there's some form of enjoyment. There's none to be found here.

FML this show is finally over. I'm never gonna be cheated once again (or so I thought in the future).
Sep 25, 2019 5:01 PM

Sep 2011
I have a serious bias for Isekai. I fall asleep thinking about myself in some fantasy world or other almost every night. Sometimes what I think about is influenced by the anime I watched that evening. I've given crappy Isekais a pass because there was at least something I could take away from it that I could populate my little mental Isekai world with.

This is the first one that has given me absolutely nothing. There was nothing about this series that I was envious off. There was nothing unique. Everything done has been done better somewhere else.

The art was subpar, lifeless, and generic. The sound was absolutely forgettable - hell, even the OP was fake with the serious auto-tuning. The characters were shallow. The voice acting was subpar. The only credit to this series was the story, and only in that it had a plot. The plot isn't very good or creative, but the story always pointed towards a singular end point.

I would say I am glad this is over, but I always forget it exists come Thursday morning.
Sep 25, 2019 5:44 PM

Mar 2019
not bad but not good... it started quite ok but got more and more bland; it's like Dark souls 2 from souls game.
Sep 25, 2019 6:01 PM

Feb 2019
ngl man, I literally watched every episode of this, every week, and I still have no idea what the fuck is going on. Def not getting a season 2, I will have to check out the Ln's
Sep 25, 2019 6:47 PM
May 2016
Ughh so horrible, can't believe I watched the whole thing, the only positive was Rin's seiyuu is the same as Takagi's and she sounded like her for a minute.
Sep 25, 2019 7:39 PM
Jan 2019
This was an end and an anime that will pass without grief or glory for many, including me 😅, did not contribute anything significant to the Isekai genre, but at least it served to kill time. I'm not asking for it, but it seems that it is for a second season.

WTF? Leaving aside the fact that Aerial is the fairy queen, she just got bigger and now her name is Sylpheel, oh yes, what a great change xD.
Sep 25, 2019 8:11 PM
Mar 2011
This and smartphone were the most boring isekai for me just full of cliche plot points. This anime feels like it was written by a middle schooler with all the boring power ups. Instead of keeping the weakness of the main character with magic and allow the character to grow the author used deus ex machina to eliminate that weakness. They did the same thing in the finale here as well. Smartphone and Cheat were the most boring, but Master of Ragnarock/Valkyria still takes the cake for being the worst isekai for me.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Sep 25, 2019 10:01 PM

May 2012
Oh man this most generic Isekai ever, to bad I would love if the idea and story were execution better. Poor Anastasia only good character in this show destroyed by the poor plot. Only three good thing that came out of this show was Rin and Anastasia's design, Anastasia's character and cool opening. What a waste of good design and idea.
Sep 25, 2019 10:11 PM

Mar 2017
I'm usually a big fan of isekai but this one and arifureta are fucking painful to watch.
Sep 26, 2019 1:14 AM
Jun 2017
finally i have finished this ISEKAI series....

final episode ratings:
story: BAD!!! TOO GENERIC... TAICHI'S Spirit evolved into Sylphie (one of grand spirits)- he already has a OP power, and now he has a super strong spirit....

battle: BOO!!! those armies being sent there are non sense.... and the inimicus vs taichi is just pure talk and few seconds of battle

haaays... i hope the next isekai's that i will be watching will not be like this one..
Sep 26, 2019 2:53 AM

Jan 2016
I'm not on the Isekai hate train, because there are good Isekais and the genre can be interesting and a fun experience if done right, this was not the case with this anime.

Again, Taichi has a 3-minute long speech about how he's gonna sacrifice himself only for it to go into the trash can as Aery is now Sylphid, one of the 4 great spirits. Well, at least he's self-aware over his cheat.

The 2 good things about this anime were the soundtrack and the VA's. While the OSTs weren't amazing, they were often a lot better and epic than the anime itself.

3/10

One of the weakest anime I've seen
Sep 26, 2019 2:58 AM

May 2015
I'm giving this a score of
bruh/10

I kind of liked how Aery evolved into Silphy like she was some sort of pokemon
Sep 26, 2019 3:30 AM

Dec 2009
It was pretty decent and enjoyable. It was a can of generic with a little bit of seasoning on top, but that's fine.

People are WAYYYYY too hard on this anime my god. It's worth like a 6 or maybe a 7 if generous... but 5 and under? Yikes. Smells more like people dumping their preconceptions and expectations onto it instead of trying to watch a show as it's own thing.

Imagine if this was the only isekai anime ever. If that were the case it wouldn't be so bad. Not great, but not bad.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 26, 2019 4:11 AM

Feb 2012
Horrifyingly bad. I can't even believe how bad. The fact that there are people pleading for 7/10 at all is a fucking travesty. No wonder the world is heading for disaster.

winddevil1 said:
for me this anime probably has the best character design of the season

What the fuck?

AllGamer said:

What the fuck?!
Zei33Sep 26, 2019 4:16 AM
Sep 26, 2019 4:37 AM

Nov 2013
Zei33 said:
Horrifyingly bad. I can't even believe how bad. The fact that there are people pleading for 7/10 at all is a fucking travesty. No wonder the world is heading for disaster.

winddevil1 said:
for me this anime probably has the best character design of the season

What the fuck?

AllGamer said:

What the fuck?!

What the fuck?!
combo time lmao
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 26, 2019 8:23 AM
Sep 2019
can't believe I'd say that isekai smartphone was much better than this.
Sep 26, 2019 9:53 AM
Mar 2015
one of the worst anime ever watched, almost bad as mayoiga.
Sep 26, 2019 9:56 AM

May 2012
I did enjoy this anime. I hope it gets 2nd season
Sep 26, 2019 10:15 AM

Mar 2011
kidlat030 said:
can't believe I'd say that isekai smartphone was much better than this.

I feel the same way. This was garbage. At least Smartphone has some quasi-interesting side characters in contrast with this.

I didn't read the manga (if it has one), but if it was just as uninteresting, why did it even get an anime?
Sep 26, 2019 12:40 PM

Jul 2017
We should make a petition to change the name of this anime to Isekai Shit Magician

It was like watching a coca cola can in decompostition for thousands of years.

I do like my isekai tbh, but this... was abysmal, in every fucking level i can think of.

Legit one of the worst shows i've ever come across. It's a 1/10 ez. For unoriginality, i'd give it a 20/10. See? There is a good score among all of this, cool.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

68 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

221 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 2, 3:36 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

40 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

67 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

32 by Seabury »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.