Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 14, 2019 10:33 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Saikyokami said:
Haptism93 said:
It was okay, I guess. Synopsis made it clear that the main character is going to be OP, but was it really needed to make him the usual idiot MC?

He's not really an idiot. He just lacks common knowledge of the world he's in right now. He doesn't know what a magic academy or a demon hunter is, he doesn't know what things cost here, etc.. Because he was raised in a forest.

Well, with "idiot", I wasn't referring to his lack of common sense. It was about his reaction after seeing Cicily's boobs, that face was just too much.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Apr 14, 2019 4:11 PM

Nov 2017
Haptism93 said:
Saikyokami said:

He's not really an idiot. He just lacks common knowledge of the world he's in right now. He doesn't know what a magic academy or a demon hunter is, he doesn't know what things cost here, etc.. Because he was raised in a forest.

Well, with "idiot", I wasn't referring to his lack of common sense. It was about his reaction after seeing Cicily's boobs, that face was just too much.

His reaction was after seeing her pretty face, not her boobs. The close-up on her boobs before her face was the anime director choosing to build up suspense before showing her face.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Apr 14, 2019 5:39 PM

Apr 2015
this is as generic and cliche as it gets trust me, but not a bad guilty pleasure watch
Apr 14, 2019 7:46 PM

Jun 2017
TheRay28 said:
I was actually liking the child-old man dynamic much more. Then they just skipped it to his adulthood and it became something that we have already seen multiple times before. Eh.

Same here. Eh can't see me watching 2 more episodes of this thing.
Apr 14, 2019 8:06 PM

Jun 2013
Last 10 seconds of the episode... THAT'S how you retain an audience.
Apr 14, 2019 8:37 PM

Jun 2014
Ariavartan said:
TheRay28 said:
I was actually liking the child-old man dynamic much more. Then they just skipped it to his adulthood and it became something that we have already seen multiple times before. Eh.

Same here. Eh can't see me watching 2 more episodes of this thing.

It's a shame, really. This is one of those 'what could have been' shows.
Apr 14, 2019 10:47 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Ehurvaks said:
Haptism93 said:

His reaction was after seeing her pretty face, not her boobs. The close-up on her boobs before her face was the anime director choosing to build up suspense before showing her face.

Doesn't make much of a difference to me :p You may argue that this is one of the results of the lack of common sense, but I still don't like that way of expressing a character like that. It doesn't bother me too much when other characters are still likable, but I wish I could like a Isekai MC for once lol
Haptism93Apr 14, 2019 10:53 PM

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Apr 15, 2019 6:53 AM

Nov 2017
I visited the anime official site, and there's a preview in GIF image and also a synopsis available for the next episode.

Can't wait for episode 2.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Apr 15, 2019 9:37 AM

Jan 2017
CHC said:
Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome the trashiest show of the season! *yawn*

Shield hero and tensei slime were possibly the last good isekai of 2019. Anything after that is utter crap and this show being a good example. Episode itself shows how beyond average it is and has taken the most used/abused tope of isekai genre.

I will still give this show a chance though. Lets see how future episode fares in terms of visuals and music.
Apr 15, 2019 11:50 AM

May 2009
CHC said:

Not when season has few fujobait trashes that no one will watch.
Apr 15, 2019 7:03 PM

Nov 2017
The Seiyuu that did the voice for Big Sis Chris is the same from Kaguya-sama, right ?

Apr 15, 2019 9:24 PM
Mar 2018
As generic-isekai as the first episode is, I’d recommend sticking with this one. MC is OP, but it’s pulled off in an interesting way (he uses his knowledge of modern science to amplify his magic). The magic system itself is solid. There’s no harem (god bless), and MC has a good 1-to-1 relationship that actually develops. The main villain so far is entaertaining and has actual motivation and goals aside from “grrrr I’m bad I kill people”, and can be related to to an extent. Don’t drop it because of the premise fellas, it could be worth your time.
Apr 15, 2019 10:23 PM
Oct 2014
Swagernator said:
The fuck was this shit ... so let me get this straight ... mc-kun is op as fuck, he has so much plot armor that even the author himself cant kill him, hes like fucking god in this world. On top of that he is as usually for isekai mcs dumb, and you even telling me that this is just another one of those "im super special and edgy in my classrom" type of anime like clasroom of elite and bunny girl ? But this time in isekai world ?

The fuck.

I can see so many crap isekai tropes in this, im gonna vomit.
I don’t mind as long as it takes itself seriously and isn’t too haremy. He might be op but he might not be the only one’s that op
Apr 15, 2019 11:25 PM
Apr 2019
CHC said:
Lool u r god damn right
Apr 15, 2019 11:29 PM
Apr 2019
This anime is absolutely shit, I can't believe this shit rated higher than kono oto tomare, the fuck is going on with ppl?
Apr 16, 2019 4:16 AM
Sep 2015
KorhalChild said:
Look "konosuba mansion" on Google.
Compare it with Grandpa's mansion.

THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME WTF

Really man? You don't even know how western villas from the 1800s are made? They're all the same.
Apr 16, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2018
It reminded me Tensei shitara Slime datta ken : a classic worker being killed and then reincarnates himself in an overpowered person.

Not bad for now, I'm curious to see this will go in only 12 episodes.
Apr 16, 2019 11:54 PM
Aug 2013
I was kinda enjoying it for a while; however, near the fking end, I understood why god stays in heaven.
Apr 17, 2019 3:08 AM

Dec 2014
The whole episdoe just felt so rushed hope the remaining anime isn't rushed like this you could feel so much was being skipped and was at times hars to connect with any of the characters
Apr 17, 2019 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
overpowered protagonist...hmmm let's see how it goes
Apr 17, 2019 7:20 PM
Mar 2014
This was an interesting first episode.
Apr 17, 2019 7:49 PM
Feb 2009
isekai of the season lol
Apr 18, 2019 9:04 PM

Jun 2013
Why does this have a rating of 7? The purportedly "humorous" moments are extremely forced and the same regurgitated scenes seen in other series like that one scene where female knight and the playboy magician started staring daggers at each other at the dining table because they had different opinions on what the MC should do as an adult. Him blowing up a large piece of land in demonstration of his power and them having stereotypical shocked anime expressions.

Him being aware of his former life is no different from other Isekai series, Rimuru also knew he was a 30-something -year-old virgin employee in Japan before being reincarnated into a slime.

The animation and character designs are also pretty generic and honestly, would not recognize the MC if he was sold as merch at a convention or stared in a meme or something.

First half was annoyingly bland, the second part was more interesting. He was sitting at a dining table with a lot of influential people. My favorite part would probably seeing his grandparents when they were younger and the two tsundere grandparents being forced to live together with their adopted grandson. Also the part where he unabashedly admitted liked the big titty blue haired girl. He might end up with her or the pink hair or blonde girl from the ED.

I'll keep watching since it's only 12 episodes, hopefully, the story will get better but I'm expecting a lot of stereotypical Anime tropes to be reused here and there.
臭い-
Apr 19, 2019 6:58 AM
Mar 2018
Wow, another overpwoered magic isekai main protagonist that totally looks nothing like he was inspired from SAO...

Just what we needed. But at least it's safe to say that even in anime magic users are the wasy roundabouts of writing your protagonist...
Apr 19, 2019 7:00 AM
Mar 2018
Bibimbapski said:
Why does this have a rating of 7?

Maybe most of the first respond raters died of boredom after nerving the show at ten in the first episode and never had a chance to correct themselves?
Apr 20, 2019 3:33 AM

Feb 2018
Ahhh mc too overpower.
Apr 20, 2019 11:44 AM

Mar 2016
I clearly signed up not for some intriguing plot or any complex character. It is fine if the series was made for giving audience a fun time, which i quite like, especially their interaction. I'm gonna enjoy this.
Apr 23, 2019 11:22 AM

Aug 2017
Wow, the pacing is over the place.

Yep, this is just another generic isekai.

NurguburuApr 23, 2019 11:33 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 23, 2019 2:50 PM

Oct 2017
I can't even stand the first episode. (need to time skip quite abit in multiple parts)
The author clearly doesn't bother to think before he writes anyway.
It's like one of those random daydreaming from a teenager.

Took 1:30 for that generic car-accident and transfer to another world.
Random system for the spell and magic of its world cuz the author too lazy to think of a proper system.
Mc becomes op randomly cuz reasons.
Randomly need to go to magic school because why not?
Randomly need to save a cheek cuz why not?
Ventus_SApr 23, 2019 10:52 PM
Apr 26, 2019 12:58 PM

Jan 2016
It's so cliche, it's so predictable, the dialogue doesn't sound natural at all, the exposition is forced.

But this series isn't trying to be super-serious, and I enjoy it because of that.
Apr 28, 2019 7:47 AM

Jun 2015
from first episode alone i cant tell how i feel about this anime
May 1, 2019 12:59 PM

Feb 2019
This was pretty bad and yet very enjoyable. It was charming, did not take itself serious and actually ended with an interesting set-up that will make me come back for more. Its like they knew it was bad but with a wink and a nudge made it work and won some good will from me.
May 5, 2019 10:42 PM

May 2015
"How utterly cliched."- The mc of this anime
May 9, 2019 7:45 AM

Feb 2013
Wasn't sure about this show, better than I had expected.
May 13, 2019 4:03 PM
Oct 2018
Aqua become dandere = Sicily XD
May 16, 2019 6:16 AM

Jun 2009
van-kun strikes again

'am i off the scale?' bro you just nuked a mountain range...

this is better than shield hero, but not by much.
loghneckbeardMay 16, 2019 6:24 AM
May 20, 2019 11:45 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
It's like nearly every character except the main character is actually interesting. What? How did they manage to do that?
But yeah, I'm actually really interested in Melinda and Merlin's interactions. You don't see too much uh... divorce(??) in which the two still hang. Like seriously, I would actually be more interested in this show if it followed the life of those two and whatever the heck they've got going while their socially inept grandson going to school is something they just have to deal with and always have to try to fix yet didn't want to deal with together as two people who are separated.;;
But no. We have... the adventures of derpy over here.

We'll see how it goes. I'm late on starting everything from this season that I meant to start since the semester of uni that just ended was ROUGH and had me still stuck in the last anime season, but now I'm kinda crawling in when all these series are like half way through, so a lot of people have already formed a pretty solid opinion. I don't want to be influenced, but I can't help but see the rating in its big, bold text on top of the page. A lot of people don't seem to hot about the show here in the first episode discussion, but a 7.35 is a pretty high score (or on MAL, that's usually considered average), so it must not be as bad as I thought it'd be based on what folks are saying in this thread. I don't have high expectations, but as I said, we'll see!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 20, 2019 12:32 PM
Aug 2018
Swiggy said:
It's like nearly every character except the main character is actually interesting. What? How did they manage to do that?
But yeah, I'm actually really interested in Melinda and Merlin's interactions. You don't see too much uh... divorce(??) in which the two still hang. Like seriously, I would actually be more interested in this show if it followed the life of those two and whatever the heck they've got going while their socially inept grandson going to school is something they just have to deal with and always have to try to fix yet didn't want to deal with together as two people who are separated.;;

We'll see how it goes. I'm late on starting everything from this season that I meant to start since the semester of uni that just ended was ROUGH and had me still stuck in the last anime season, but now I'm kinda crawling in when all these series are like half way through, so a lot of people have already formed a pretty solid opinion. I don't want to be influenced, but I can't help but see the rating in its big, bold text on top of the page. A lot of people don't seem to hot about the show here in the first episode discussion, but a 7.35 is a pretty high score (or on MAL, that's usually considered average), so it must not be as bad as I thought it'd be based on what folks are saying in this thread. I don't have high expectations, but as I said, we'll see!

To put the rating into perspective, this anime has a score of 7.34 with about 20k total votes. While isekai smartphone has a score of 6.87 with 5x the number of total votes. It’s still early for this anime and I’ve noticed the score has dropped a sizable amount since EP1 so it will most likely be closer to isekai smartphone by the end of season which would be fair since both are about the same quality wise. It’s not bad but don’t go in expecting to be “wowed” or you will end up as disappointed as I am. It’s an anime not trying to do anything new but with all it’s faults it’s sticking to what it’s good at so far.
May 20, 2019 12:39 PM
Apr 2019
DjangoUnchained2 said:
Swiggy said:

To put the rating into perspective, this anime has a score of 7.34 with about 20k total votes. While isekai smartphone has a score of 6.87 with 5x the number of total votes. It’s still early for this anime and I’ve noticed the score has dropped a sizable amount since EP1 so it will most likely be closer to isekai smartphone by the end of season which would be fair since both are about the same quality wise. It’s not bad but don’t go in expecting to be “wowed” or you will end up as disappointed as I am. It’s an anime not trying to do anything new but with all it’s faults it’s sticking to what it’s good at so far.

Can’t believe you’re actually comparing this to smartphone, there’s a literal ocean of difference between kenja no mago and that trash can anime
May 20, 2019 1:41 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
DjangoUnchained2 said:
Swiggy said:

I definitely don't expect much. I guess with all the negative responses, I was expecting a 5/10 at this point (though MAL users tend not to rate very low). However, if you say that it has a strong point that they stick with, then that would definitely keep the rating at around 7/10 for a little while. All good to know, thanks!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 28, 2019 8:09 AM

Apr 2010
i am satisfied with this 😁

simple, fast paced, no hard thinking, easy life 😂😂

very enjoyable and strees relieve after work
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamyukito.animehardcorequiz
Yuki Nagato - Kana Hanazawa - Kamiya Hiroshi - Hiroyuki Sawano - Kajiura Yuki - Kyoto Animation - SHAFT - ufotable
Jun 2, 2019 10:04 PM

Apr 2018
This is so boring compared to other isekai animes I've watched. So this is another one of those OP MC with an invincible plot armor. I don't really have high hopes for this. I guess I have to keep watching
Jun 5, 2019 4:31 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
CHC said:

You should stay away from these kind of series then, right from the go it is obvious this wont be anything other than wishfullfilement, full of tropes and cliches, no originality here.´
I m fine with it, once awhile these kind of shows are really enjoyable to dig in, and I think this first episode start positively strong.

dadnaya said:
Looks like it will be a nice light watch.

Action scenes were pretty good, and the comedy was funny as well

Exactly, not all shows need to be complex or bring something new to the table, we all just need to chillout sometimes and have something simple and just fun to watch, where you dont need to think much about shit and just turn your brain off.

Besides I like the clean designs Silver Link usually goes for in some of their stuff.
Jun 6, 2019 10:44 PM

Mar 2012
nothing new and a very bland MC. but the side characters are actually endearing. maybe this will be fun, so i'll probably give it a few more episodes before dropping it entirely.
sometimes the characters can make you stick through a meh series.
Jun 20, 2019 10:33 AM
Mar 2015
To break the fourth wall how cliched
Jun 22, 2019 7:58 PM

Nov 2012
Interesting concept but 10 minutes of talking heads and characters going "EHHHHHH?!" at information Merlin just forgot to mention because reasons lost me. Info like this can be revealed naturally when it's needed and we could have gotten past the setup.

Also, characters pointing out how cliche a situation is doesn't change that it's cliche. If anything knowing the writers knew better and went for it anyway makes it worse.
Jun 29, 2019 9:01 PM

Nov 2014
I rarely watch isekai or tensei, but somehow this one pique my interest especially after catching glimpse of main ship/couple, and i don't really matter with that isekai/tensei troupe that has been occured these days ( since i rarely watch that kinda of things :D) and i just found this enjoyable.

The OP is kinda good, i liked the light comedy and some lively moments in this

That inner "kawaii" scream tho haha.
That mansion quite familiar, konosuba XD ??, well can't wait to see next episode

Jul 1, 2019 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
he can freaking blow up the kingtom, can't tell wtch is more op him or overlord ainz

how can u be this cute 😂😂😂😂
Jul 1, 2019 12:50 PM

Sep 2012
Haptism93 said:
Saikyokami said:

normal for teens, at least in animes, i find it entertaining and amusing

Ehurvaks said:
Haptism93 said:

this

+1

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

279 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 22, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

129 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

77 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 14, 7:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.