Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kenja no Mago Episode 12 Discussion

Jun 26, 7:51 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, compared to most of the other episodes, this one had a more serious vibe.

For a series' finale, it didn't feel impactful. Still, at least the dangers have been averted for now. Oliver's powers are still to be feared though. This show's comedy didn't click with me, felt too forced and distracting. Not going to miss this.
Modified by Stark700, Jun 26, 7:59 AM

Jun 26, 7:54 AM

And....it's over.

I really didn't expect from this show yet disappoint me. A lot of unnecessary side characters, bad animation in many episodes and extremely generic without being funny at least. 1/10 for the anime.
Life has no meaning.

Jun 26, 8:23 AM

The serious atmosphere that started seeping its way through is one of the bigger points that killed it for me. This show was better off being that dumb fun type of fantasy. Finale was underwhelming. See you all in next seasons isekai lol 5/10.

Jun 26, 8:58 AM

What was that finale? I thought we'd get to see a better fight between Shin and Miria, pretty lacklustre imo.

Jun 26, 8:58 AM

this is the same character depicted three times within a span of 25 seconds in the same episode. there had to be no AD for this to be so wildly inconsistent

Jun 26, 8:59 AM
So. Damn. Good. What a finale!!! I just know we are getting a season 2 announcement soon, can't wait. This is definitely the best isekai out there right now.

Jun 26, 8:59 AM

I won't even deny this show was overly generic. From a romance standpoint, however, this is probably one of the most unique isekai anime out there, plus the characters were pretty enjoyable overall. 7/10
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Jun 26, 9:05 AM
I wonder what Miria and Strom's child will be like, and if it will come out as a demon from the start.... hmmm

Jun 26, 9:08 AM
bitchassdarius said:

this is the same character depicted three times within a span of 25 seconds in the same episode. there had to be no AD for this to be so wildly inconsistent

still in the same episode, these cuts are 15 seconds apart

Jun 26, 9:13 AM
That ending was really bad tbh.
gureto desu yo, koitsu wa

Jun 26, 9:14 AM

elementex said:
So. Damn. Good. What a finale!!! I just know we are getting a season 2 announcement soon, can't wait. This is definitely the best isekai out there right now.

Im not sure if u are serious or u are joking tbh XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 26, 9:15 AM

papsoshea said:
The serious atmosphere that started seeping its way through is one of the bigger points that killed it for me. This show was better off being that dumb fun type of fantasy. Finale was underwhelming. See you all in next seasons isekai lol 5/10.
Serious elements mixed with comedy elements are typical for magic school action LN anime, like for example Seiken Tsukai no World Break or Akashic Records. Kenja no Mago was never a purely comedy show like KonoSuba was, but a magic school action anime added with huge amounts of romance elements and a non-harem setting.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.

Jun 26, 9:15 AM
Blonde loli is having a death match with a boss woman. Draw her comically while having a serious BGM. What.

Jun 26, 9:16 AM
CritiasBG said:
elementex said:

of course I am serious, why would I jest?

Jun 26, 9:18 AM

Ehurvaks said:
papsoshea said:
Serious elements mixed with comedy elements are typical for magic school action LN anime, like for example Seiken Tsukai no World Break or Akashic Records. Kenja no Mago was never a purely comedy show like KonoSuba was, but a magic school action anime added with huge amounts of romance elements and a non-harem setting.
This post is so deja vu. The serious tone I am talking about imo was too present and overwhelming the already established tone that had a mix of lightheartedness and splashes of dark vibes.

Jun 26, 9:19 AM

Not a bad finale, I guess. It didn't feel like one tbh.

So Ultimate Magicians were able to handle the Demonoid attack.

Only decided to watch this show just to kill some time. 5/10.

Jun 26, 9:21 AM

elementex said:
CritiasBG said:

So you saying that this anime > Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari ? :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 26, 9:22 AM
bitchassdarius said:

wow wish it was the 1st or 2nd one throught out the entire series instead of being the bottom one for most of the time

Jun 26, 9:26 AM
CritiasBG said:
elementex said:

He would just "This anime > Everything else I'm sewrious LUL"

Jun 26, 9:26 AM
CritiasBG said:
elementex said:

Yes, but I loved shield hero as well

my top 5 isekai
1. kenja no mago
2. shield hero
3. konosuba
4. re:zero
5: no game no life

Jun 26, 9:27 AM

tiwibo said:
CritiasBG said:

tiwibo said:
CritiasBG said:

I mean i just saw his list and he rated Dororo with 1 and Kenja no mago with 10 so that explains everything xD

Jun 26, 9:33 AM
CritiasBG said:
tiwibo said:

tiwibo said:

I mean i just saw his list and he rated Dororo with 1 and Kenja no mago with 10 so that explains everything xD

I mean, you rated Boruto an 8 so...........

Jun 26, 9:35 AM
i'm so glad that it ended. it was disappointing. 1/10

Jun 26, 9:44 AM
ekat361 said:

you didn't even watch it

Jun 26, 9:46 AM
elementex said:
CritiasBG said:

You rate Hunter x Hunter a 1, your opinion is invalid.

Jun 26, 9:47 AM
A garbage ending for a garbage show, couldn't have had it any other way.

Jun 26, 9:48 AM
elementex said:
ekat361 said:

you didn't even watch it

I mean, who would drop a show that's not for him and rate it 1? Wait a minute. That's you too. What are the odds.

Jun 26, 9:48 AM

Pure trash 1/10. Even isekai smartphone is much better in my opinion

Jun 26, 9:49 AM
"Besides our boring as cardboard MC there are so many other characters that make up the world of Kenja No Mago. We have the big bad villain that looks like a major threat to our hero and the world who is defeated within the first three episodes pretty easily. Nice going having your endgame villain be defeated early on so that I have no worries about him actually being a problem for the main hero later. Man, I wish more series would have the stones to completely deflate all kinds of suspense early on so that we don’t have to worry about our hero being in danger. Sarcasm aside the series throws another possible villain at us. We’ll call him Draco Malfoy for all you Harry Potter fans out there who goes from being a jealous antagonist, to a rival, and finally the MC’s friend all in the span of a few episodes because who cares about natural progression of anything. It gets better though because the MC doesn’t even acknowledge him as his friend. I mean he will say he is his friend but every time Draco talks to him it’s like he’s talking to a brick wall. There are other characters that make up our MC’s posse but they are pretty much irrelevant and I would be shocked if anyone knew their names."

These are some of the things being written in reviews. Stuff that didn't even happen in the show, completely making stuff up on the fly. Clearly didn't even watch the anime, but still making a review as if they did.

Jun 26, 9:51 AM
DjangoUnchained2 said:
elementex said:

You rate Hunter x Hunter a 1, your opinion is invalid.

It just wasn't my type of thing, all opinions are valid. Else they wouldn't be opinions.

Jun 26, 9:52 AM
yes I did. why are you saying that
elementex said:
ekat361 said:

you didn't even watch it

Jun 26, 9:53 AM
elementex said:
"Besides our boring as cardboard MC there are so many other characters that make up the world of Kenja No Mago. We have the big bad villain that looks like a major threat to our hero and the world who is defeated within the first three episodes pretty easily. Nice going having your endgame villain be defeated early on so that I have no worries about him actually being a problem for the main hero later. Man, I wish more series would have the stones to completely deflate all kinds of suspense early on so that we don’t have to worry about our hero being in danger. Sarcasm aside the series throws another possible villain at us. We’ll call him Draco Malfoy for all you Harry Potter fans out there who goes from being a jealous antagonist, to a rival, and finally the MC’s friend all in the span of a few episodes because who cares about natural progression of anything. It gets better though because the MC doesn’t even acknowledge him as his friend. I mean he will say he is his friend but every time Draco talks to him it’s like he’s talking to a brick wall. There are other characters that make up our MC’s posse but they are pretty much irrelevant and I would be shocked if anyone knew their names."

These are some of the things being written in reviews. Stuff that didn't even happen in the show, completely making stuff up on the fly. Clearly didn't even watch the anime, but still making a review as if they did.

The obtuse one is at it again.

Jun 26, 9:55 AM

Im not gonna argue with delusional dude who rate this 10/10 xD

Jun 26, 9:56 AM
CritiasBG said:
elementex said:

no one talks like that when they are serious. Definitely being sarcastic. Though I don’t understand why he would list shin and sicilly as his favorite characters just for a joke.

Jun 26, 9:56 AM
ekat361 said:
elementex said:

you didn't even watch it

ok what happened in the last episode

Jun 26, 9:57 AM
same tbh lol and the ending is still bad
CritiasBG said:
Im not gonna argue with delusional dude who rate this 10/10 xD

Jun 26, 9:58 AM
elementex said:
ekat361 said:

i dont need to explain because it's so bad that i didn't got words for it

Jun 26, 10:00 AM
ekat361 said:
elementex said:

typical response of someone who didn't even watch the show

Jun 26, 10:04 AM
elementex said:
ekat361 said:

k if you say so but for me it's still 1/10

Jun 26, 10:06 AM
elementex said:
ekat361 said:

but to be honest, why should I rate a show that I never watched?

Jun 26, 10:08 AM
ekat361 said:
elementex said:

K, but why are you here then.

Jun 26, 10:10 AM
Leo said:
Not a bad finale, I guess. It didn't feel like one tbh.

So Ultimate Magicians were able to handle the Demonoid attack.

Only decided to watch this show just to kill some time. 5/10.

I mean, not really. They kinda got rekd by Miria

Jun 26, 10:11 AM
elementex said:
ekat361 said:

The same reason you could possibly rate this show a 10/10 while giving Hunter x Hunter a 1/10. So something I am sure even Sigmund Freud couldn't possibly give an answer to.

Jun 26, 10:14 AM
DjangoUnchained2 said:
elementex said:

The same reason you could possibly rate this show a 10/10 while giving Hunter x Hunter a 1/10. So something I am sure even Sigmund Freud couldn't possibly give an answer to.

It took like 20 seconds to rate it, but I never once posted in the forum for it.

Jun 26, 10:18 AM
elementex said:
DjangoUnchained2 said:

It took like 20 seconds to rate it, but I never once posted in the forum for it.

You shouldn't even rate it 1 just because it's not your thing. That's like asking someone who hates wine to be a connoisseur.

Jun 26, 10:19 AM

this is definitely the type of anime you’ll watch once and forget about immediately after completing it

Jun 26, 10:24 AM
tiwibo said:
elementex said:

You shouldn't even rate it 1 just because it's not your thing. That's like asking someone who hates wine to be a connoisseur.

everyone in here is doing it, so why can't I?

Jun 26, 10:24 AM
KlinyKlinn said:
this is definitely the type of anime you’ll watch once and forget about immediately after completing it

could you explain, because I don't see how that is possible

Jun 26, 10:32 AM

elementex said:
tiwibo said:

You. Gave. Violet Evergarden. A beautiful-looking anime in all its rights.
a 1/10.

I would be okay with 3 or 4/10, even 2/10 with justifications....but seriously, 1/10?? Don't bother even trying to watch anything else if you know it's not your thing, ffs.

You're like that one guy who gave Parasyte 1/10 but all Tokyo Ghoul seasons 10/10.

Jun 26, 10:40 AM
Ryuseishun said:
elementex said:

You. Gave. Violet Evergarden. A beautiful-looking anime in all its rights.
a 1/10.

I would be okay with 3 or 4/10, even 2/10 with justifications....but seriously, 1/10?? Don't bother even trying to watch anything else if you know it's not your thing, ffs.

You're like that one guy who gave Parasyte 1/10 but all Tokyo Ghoul seasons 10/10.

The animation was truly beautiful, kyo ani is amazing. But that is meaningless if the story and characters are boring as heck.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »