Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2019 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, Kurumi really took the fight to that Chisato girl.

Meanwhile, there's Asuka fighting her own battle. It seems the episode really pushed these two to show what they can do. When Kurumi is focused, this girl can really fight. On the other fronts, the other magical girls are cleaning up the mobs of monsters.

Tamara and Mia make a decent duo together.
Mar 22, 2019 12:05 PM

Apr 2010
So things have been solved with a lot of casualties.
Chisato was just used tho that was obvious from the start tho that they set up the death of her mother wasn't.
It was a great shock and it seems like she won't be back to normal any time soon.
Mar 22, 2019 12:21 PM

Aug 2018
Damn that was so good. I’m really going to miss Asuka and friends when the series ends. I may break my long standing rule and buy the manga.
Mar 22, 2019 12:39 PM
Oct 2018
Damn that chisato accident.Ffs that guy deserve to be torture first than left to die
Mar 22, 2019 1:04 PM

Nov 2016
Oh man, poor Chisato. Learning the truth behind her mothers death was yet another hard pill to swallow.

Surprsingly nice episode, especially the action, but nothing beats the massage scene at the beginning.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 22, 2019 1:06 PM

Feb 2018
That was a good episode, kurumi was great with that raged face. That mecha bastard is fuking haxx glad Asuka sliced him up

And poor chisato went insane after hearing the truth,

The group hug was great, looking from the preview of next episode they've had chisato work in maid cafe, can't wait to see that
Mar 22, 2019 1:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Whats up with that completely random sexy massage scene after the OP?! Talk about dissonant.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 22, 2019 1:31 PM

Sep 2009
I am still raging that goddamn Seven Seas (they licensed thye manga if I am not mistaken) only provide paper version. I would have gladly bought a kindle version. But waiting for a paper one for 2-4 weeks and staing in queue on our post to get it is just not worth the deal.
Mar 22, 2019 2:47 PM
Mar 2017
The penguin managed to steal the magic item brought by General Tabira, now Asuka must deal with the Guiess and his destructive power.
The scene of the massage with the sensual and well-proportioned brunette, made me jump a great doubt, will she be the last magical girl of the magical five, you know the Chinese girl named Pei Pei? I think it can be her, they have the same eye color and more or less the same size of breasts.
On the other hand, Kurumi has a very difficult fight with Chisato, but she makes the mistake of telling Kurumi that she will become her new punching bag and this unleashes all of Kurumi's wrath, Kurumi's eyes looked like something deep down inside her would have broken and the flashback of all the shit that poor Kurumi had to endure was horrible.
Both Kurumi and Asuka have a hard time hurting their rivals, Guiess is an anti-magic golem and Chisato is skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Chisato manages to immobilize Kurumi and beats her, but again her memories trigger the wrath of Kurumi and she manages to free herself and injects Chisato with a liquid that knocks her out of action.
I'm still amazed of how Badass is Sacchu, this damn rodent defends himself very well and his smug face when he is told he is cool made me laugh a lot.
The powerful drill of Guiess ripped an arm off Asuka, but even so she does not give up and asks Sacchu to look for the weak point of that huge suit. Guiess's past is sad, he saw hope in the figure of the magical girls, but in the end the world will always be rotten, but Asuka tells him that even so she has to defend the things that are important no matter how rotten the world is, Guiess launches his final attack, but Sacchu finishes his analysis and indicates his weak point to Asuka and she cuts him with her Rapture Talon, but he is still standing and the Karambit is in his body, but Iizuka appears and brings Asuka the Illmarinen and cuts Guiess in half and his real body falls to the floor.
Mya and Tamara are saved and also manage to keep Nozomi and Sayako healthy.
Guiess in his last moments of life reveals that his true objective was the magic item, Kurumi appears dragging Chisato like an old bag, but the most cruel part of this episode was the revelation of Guiess to Chisato, that the brigade of Babel planned the death of her mother and the loss of her leg so she could become a magical girl, the little bastard in his last breath asks her to be happy and forget everything that happened, but in the end Chisato loss her mental sanity by the shock of such a cruel truth of her destiny until that moment.
That hug that Asuka gave to Mya and Tamara was so sweet and touching, but it got even sweeter when Mya includes Kurumi, these girls are so cute. A small fox appears crying for such a touching scene and it turns out that it is General Tabira, Tamara adored that new image of the general.
The boys of the M squad also receive their words of thanks and we see that Tabira also thanks them and we see how serious Kaede loses her serious side for such an adorable animal, something that surprised me and was so cute to see.
I did not like to see the Queen with the magic item, who will be that special girl who will receive this gift from the Queen?
The farewell of the magic girls was sad, but Mya and Tamara let Asuka and Kurumi know that it will only be a "see you later".
The next episode will be the last one which is a shame, but even so it seems that Chisato and Nazani will join the squad with the "help" of Kurumi and we will see the sensual brunette we saw in this episode and she is wearing the clothes and magic weapon of Pei Pei, I hope to know who she really is, on one side I want her to be Pei Pei, because we only saw her in Asuka's flashbacks.
Mar 22, 2019 2:54 PM

May 2018

Ya know jaz one more to go and Bruce lee's granddaughter hasn't shown up yet. The one we saw has her hair blond.

Oh poor Chisato, it was them all along who made her life shit.

Btw who is the big boobed girl having a massage and taking a shower??
Mar 22, 2019 4:11 PM

Jun 2017
Wow, Giess managed to go out with a tiny bit of honor at the end with telling the truth.

Sacchuu was badass with the double guns.

So Asuka under the rubble was a red herring and she only lost an arm lol.

Chisato got defeated, I am glad she is alive but Kurumi had her way with her from the looks of the preview AND turned her into another slave...because I don't think she and the loli are maids on their own free will with memories intact lol. There gotta be some memory wiping at work here. (Also how is everyone magically fine with this, Kurumi obviously has some serious mental problems LOL).

Babel Brigade bamboozled so I wonder if the tool in the box is for a future magical girl (or it could be for the one who didn't even show up apart from flashbacks so far..).
Mar 22, 2019 4:48 PM

Apr 2015
Oh I really liked the action in this episode! Kurumi got some flashbacks to how she was treated at school, Chisato really did trigger that memory and was eventually became doom. Kurumi is tough when she gets serious.

Meanwhile Asuka is having her own battle against this Mecha Anit-Magical Girl thingy. That was tough, the fight seemed so one sided at first, but sacchuu has given Asuka the upper hand (after losing one first...) Glad we have Kurumi around to sew it back together.

Ouch, Chisato finding out the truth about her mother, damn. The poor girl :(

General Tabiru can be cute as hell as a furry!
Mar 22, 2019 5:03 PM

Oct 2007
That robot boy really really strong. Asuka is lucky her commander showed up and gave her the hammer. xD

Glad Chisato made it with all her limbs intact. Although there're some mental problems.

Is this going to be a tradition that every magical girl they capture be tortured by Kurumi? WTF :(

Mar 22, 2019 6:37 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
1. THIS IS MY SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

2. DAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

3. WHERE IS THE SEXY TWINTAILED CHINESE GIRL?
Mar 22, 2019 6:52 PM

Sep 2013
Smug badass Sacchuu xD Solid ep, though I though we get a bit more plot before it ends
Mar 22, 2019 9:29 PM
Jan 2017
They defeated my expectations. I was sure one of the Mahous was going to die (except for Asuka). And the queen sure knows a lot about what the Spirit Realm is doing. Is there a spy over there? Could it be Sacchu?!
Mar 22, 2019 9:50 PM

Aug 2017
Yep, another start with unnecessary fanservice.

The battle was so one-sided that I didn't care.
NurguburuMar 22, 2019 10:33 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 22, 2019 10:20 PM

Aug 2015
Finally a good episode. Nice combat. Tight episode.

I felt that episode 9 and 10 moved too slow, and to me seemed to be stalling for time. This would be forgivable if the animation hadn't been lackluster.

Chisato pushed Kurumi's berserk button...heh, she's gonna get it now with Kurumi's yandere power

the guy saying magical girls are p.o.s. has got it backwards...he meant to say the authorities are p.o.s. for making kids fight. not too bright, this one

It's been 11 episodes and I guess based on the preview the China girl was getting a massage in this episode? I was expecting her to just jump into the fight or something, guess not. Well, another Kurumi enhanced interrogation next week, should be interesting

Mar 22, 2019 10:46 PM

Jul 2017
The episode that I have finally been waiting for. Nice amount of action...and was the front fanservice part necessary? Guess that was the last of the Magical 5, the Chinese girl, appearing next week!

Kurumi, with this episode, doesn't take any shit lying down now, and prepares to fight Chisato with all her might. What a change for her (as the torture goes on).

Asuka's on the other hand, manages to slash the big man-creature only to discover that this attack was a pre-planning on the Babel Brigade's part. Well at least big-titties General Tabira is safe for now, and transformed into a magical creature for safety.

Probably the biggest surprise is how Chisato was taken aback by the Babel Brigade's attempt to make her an "illegal" Magical Girl, that sacrificed her parents in the process and goes absolutely berserk.

Last episode next week, how will Asuka's decisions affect the growth of the team moving forward? Will Kurumi's crazy-bitchy torture be the last we see?
KANLen09Mar 22, 2019 10:51 PM
Mar 22, 2019 11:00 PM

Jul 2015
They should have shown sympathy to Chisato, not tie and torture her.

Mar 22, 2019 11:09 PM

Mar 2014
peipei finally revealed but she's aleady been a ganguro lol and i love it.
Mar 22, 2019 11:45 PM

May 2015
Oooh, Whiplash uses Karate. You wouldn't expect someone in that getup to fight hand-to-hand...

And I thought Asuka's eyes were scary...Get her Kurumi!

Oh damn...Whiplash actually does know Karate. That's a rarity in anime these days. More budget was spent on this episode than usual. Parry into full mount...But Kurumi overpowers her and gives her the shot. Nifty...

Another severed arm! This anime loves its dismemberment! And I'm glad we have Kurumi and her ability to reconnect severed limbs!

LOL Kurumi was actually dragging Chisato's body haha!

Damn, Giess was the one responsible for Chisato's accident...

Ok, did they really have to carry her out on a block in that position?

Aww good girl Mia asking for a group hug! And WTF Tabira is a fairy-dog thingy.

Well the Magical Girls defended Tabira and once again go their separate ways. But there's no way that they won't see each other again...And we still haven't seen Peipei yet...

Ehehehe! Looking forward to what Kurumi does in the final episode!

Mar 23, 2019 3:56 AM

Oct 2007
Piromysl said:
They should have shown sympathy to Chisato, not tie and torture her.

yeah, the poor girl has just been used. I think there really no need for torture.
Mar 23, 2019 6:27 AM
Jan 2019
What a good chapter ?! Wow! What good fights and great animation.
How sad and frustrating it was to know the truth about the death of the mother of the enemy magic girl. All the time he was helping the enemy without knowing it.
Asuka is great, personally, I think a good protagonist. And as always the farewells are something emotional. They did a great job and effort.
I wonder if Magical Five's remaining magical girl will appear in the next episode.
I have a bad feeling that the Babel Brigade will want to turn one of Asuka's friends into an evil magical girl.
Mar 23, 2019 5:19 PM

Jul 2015
Chisato should not felt sad, but rather angry for what Babel did to her.
I really hope SF and the girls will realize she is no threat to them anymore and will offer her a chance of redemption and cooperation and actual revenge.

Mar 23, 2019 5:20 PM

Mar 2016
Thank god I had this on low volume.
Mar 24, 2019 3:34 AM

Mar 2019
Kurumi sucks at grappling lol, thinking about taking Chisato down using Brazilian Jiujitsu technique yet she was the one who ended up being at bottom in mount position eventhough she already succesfully grabbed her waist. counter tackle shouldn't have brought Chisate anywhere. Kurumi should have been the one who got the top position. at least, she could have gotten side control or open guard.

Piromysl said:
I really hope SF and the girls will realize she is no threat to them anymore and will offer her a chance of redemption and cooperation and actual revenge.

you saw the spoiler for the next episode didn't you? Chisato and the flame girl from Russia (no, not that JSDF member) will become the "maids" in that underground cafe....

....but of course after Kurumi tortured her.

You Can Not Build The World With Beauty!
You Need Brain And Muscle!

Oh, Seriously?

Then You Can Not Destroy The World With Beauty!
Instead, You Need Brain And Muscle To Do So!
Only People With The Most Superior Brains And Muscles
Can Be The Best At Destroying This World!
But Who Has More Superior Brain And Muscle Anyway?
Me Or Her?

Mar 24, 2019 4:16 AM

Jul 2009
Kurumi was great! So the Babel group was the one to blame to what happened to Chisato.
Glad Tabira is alive.
Mar 24, 2019 4:42 AM

Apr 2015
kidlat020 said:
even the sweet Kurumi can become the most evil torturer huh? great transition writing.

and yet that pales in comparison to the entire "how to breed a child soldier, the episode". give them a bit of hope, happiness and purpose and they will be willingly obey your orders. that was quite the satanic thing to do.

I said this back in episode 8. DAMN I WAS RIGHT! Chisato recruitment is just a whole shitshow. It was actually way worse! these people are just downright EVIL and they would bring misfortune to people just to recruit potential magical girls.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Mar 24, 2019 11:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So general Tabira also ended up being defeated huh this guy sure is OP. The fight between Kurumi and whiplash though was also interesting. To think that Chisato's new powers gave her the ability to be a close combat fighter. Though if she thought that her words were going to scare Kurumi it sure had the opposite effect. Both battles though sure were close ones though as both Chisato and the giant were powerful opponents. Poor Chisato though she really got played by the brigade huh. Though the battle was won the cost to the defenders and the nearby town sure was fearfully high. Tabira's fairy form sure was cute. The final scene showing the girls go their own way after saying farewell sure was nice. Im sure the next crisis will bring them back again. Quite curious to see what the brigade have planned now they have that item though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2019 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
suciaviani said:
Piromysl said:

you saw the spoiler for the next episode didn't you? Chisato and the flame girl from Russia (no, not that JSDF member) will become the "maids" in that underground cafe....

....but of course after Kurumi tortured her.

That's why I don't usually watch next episode PV. Because they tend to spoil the crap out of it.
You should also use tags.

Mar 24, 2019 7:16 PM

Jan 2011
honestly this was a pretty damn good episode if only it didn't have some random sexy massage for the sake of simply showing one of the sexy baddies

Chisato got played girl has been suffering by their hands this whole time...but that preview REALLY???!
Mar 27, 2019 7:09 PM

Oct 2008
So it only takes Kurumi to be in Yandere mode to pick-up a power boost and defeat karate girl!
General Tabira is so cute in fairy form!
we're almost at the last episode and the 5th girl still didn't appear...
5/5.

Apr 4, 2019 3:51 AM

Mar 2009
Farabeuf said:
Whats up with that completely random sexy massage scene after the OP?! Talk about dissonant.

Par for the course for this series. And the torture scenes and fanservice just don't mix.
Apr 4, 2019 7:40 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Mormegil said:
Farabeuf said:

Par for the course for this series. And the torture scenes and fanservice just don't mix.

Agree. Torture and fanservice are a bad combo.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 16, 2019 11:54 PM

Jul 2016
And here I was expecting the box to have just air inside since I thought the magical device was already given to the girls two episodes ago but no... Tabira being so pushy about giving it to them back then yet she didn't do it... I think she's more useless than I originally thought but well.

I also wonder why Kurumi, being so skillful at healing, never thought of curing her own mental problems... though being fair, said mental problems helped her beat Chisato so I won't complain.

Anyways, it was a decent episode overall. The fights were nice but on the emotional aspect, I couldn't care less for Chisato and the truth about her mother's death. The same goes for Giess and the poor way they tried to give him some redemption by making him reveal the truth to Chisato and then encouraging her to be happy.

On the other hand, I'm glad both Mia and Tamara are fine. Honestly, based on how this series is, I was expecting one of the magical girls to die so it took me by surprise they all ended up in one piece.

Well, one more episode to go and it seems we will have more torture porn just for the sake of being the last episode. I can't say I wasn't expecting that tho.
Jan 10, 2020 1:29 PM
Jan 2018
the flying pickahu is great XD
Mar 17, 2020 7:57 AM

Nov 2013
Wow this somalian dude was pure evil. At least Chisato got new leg.
I'm glad that all girls are alive. I hope they'll meet again.
GvendolineMar 17, 2020 8:44 AM
Apr 14, 2020 10:02 PM

May 2013
No good can come from a dude who raped his own sister and killed his parents to survive. I knew there had to be something wrong he was gonna do to Chisato; turns out he already did so long ago. Scum of the earth.

Those kids went to juvie for nothing and they got killed by Chisato for nothing. The world can be so unfair, how saddening.

Final fight wasn't as intense. Kind of a shame. The blood and gore from before seems to have dwindled down :X
May 19, 2023 2:12 AM

Feb 2020
So, they wanted to take the magical item instead of just killing General Tabira. Interesting.

Good job, Kurumi and Asuka. You fought very well. R.I.P Giess.

Quite a shocking revalation about Chisato's accident. The Babel Brigade planned the whole thing. Hopefully, she'll be able to start a new life (after getting tortured by Kurumi, ehh. It doesn't sound really fair.)

General Tabira looks so cute in her fairy form. :3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

79 by gilsao157 »»
Apr 15, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

59 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 16, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2019

65 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

38 by Serafos »»
May 18, 2023 11:31 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

32 by Serafos »»
May 18, 2023 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.