Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 1, 2019 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Nozomi ...the way she was being tortured was tough to watch.

This show really gives a different light between these magical girls. Seriously though, Makino doesn't deserve any of that. That's almost like a magical form of waterboarding. On the other hand, watching Asuka kick some ass is satifying.
Stark700Feb 1, 2019 2:21 PM
Feb 1, 2019 10:20 AM

Feb 2016
I love how those two magical-mercenaries explain their magic and fighting style,that was like straight out from Makoto Fukami's novel!
Feb 1, 2019 10:40 AM

Apr 2010
Well they saved Nozumi tho not entirely in one piece but hopefully Kasumi will be able to bring her somewhere safe in time.
Nozumi probably will need a long time to recover tho.
Seeing what they did to her.
Feb 1, 2019 11:52 AM

Sep 2009
Aversa said:
Well they saved Nozumi tho not entirely in one piece but hopefully Kasumi will be able to bring her somewhere safe in time.
Nozumi probably will need a long time to recover tho.
Seeing what they did to her.

Kurumi has some option for this, though, it is quite radical.

Looks like the prologue part will take at least one more ep and gudging by Chisato appearence in the cast, they will get at least to the Conference arc which starts on chapter 13 or so.
Nachtwandler_21Feb 1, 2019 12:05 PM
Feb 1, 2019 12:03 PM

Feb 2016
That goddamn filler fanservice in previous episode...5 episode just to make the prologue.
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Feb 1, 2019 12:20 PM

Jul 2013
The part where the mercenary put the incandescent iron on Nozomi's stomach and burned up her flesh was disgusting as fuck, the whole torture scene and amputation were pretty gruesome, in fact. Poor her.

Abigail's breakdown when Kurumi pierced her shoudler was hilarious. Love when villains go from calm to mad when they are hurt.
Feb 1, 2019 1:04 PM

Oct 2017
Yo that torture scene was 10/10, I'm glad they didn't leave the gross bits out; thats what makes it great.
Feb 1, 2019 1:19 PM
May 2017
Whats up with the really low rating, this show feels like it should be at least 7.5 or higher
Feb 1, 2019 1:47 PM
Mar 2017
The flashback in Asuka's dream was very sad, a very hard way to start the episode, but things would get worse.
The scissors slut irritates me every time she appears, her madness is annoying.
The prostitute who spoke with Nozomi's father disgusted me, the value of Nozomi's life is the equivalent of money.
I love seeing how Asuke literally sends everyone to hell and she decides to go save Nozomi and that Kurumi accompany her makes things look a little positive.
The scene of the torture was hard to see, poor Nozomi those two guys deserve an equally painful death.
Asuke and Kurumi infiltrate the enemy's lair and find Nozomi in a terrible state and I still can not believe that slut of Abigail cut off Nozomi's arm, but the beautiful Kurumi gives Abigail a well-deserved injection and both Magical girls rescue Nozomi.
Now the Russian mercenaries fight against Asuka while Abigail pursues Kurumi.
We will have to wait for the next episode to know how Asuka and Kurumi beat these bastards (although I have a feeling that Abigail will flee, the crazy prostitutes like her always flee to live one more day)
Feb 1, 2019 1:51 PM
May 2017
whit how "hardcore" this show has been trying to be, I was honestly expecting Nozomi to get sexually assaulted in this episode.
Feb 1, 2019 1:52 PM

Mar 2015
A bit more backstory, the show maintains its level of gruesome, the medic plays a sneaky trick (way to go girl!) and Asuka transforms without a fanservice cut this time. Excellent episode!
The sword that takes life gives life
Feb 1, 2019 2:03 PM
Jan 2017
This show pulls no punches with its depiction of war and violence and this episode give us an ugly torture scene with Nozomi. Even if Asuka and Kurumi rescue her, they are unable to spare her from such a horrible experience. She even loses an arm. Her father is unable to do anything to save her, given the current political climate, and Nozomi is only rescued because Asuka and Kurumi acted on her own. I don't mean to downplay Sayako's experience in the premiere, but Nozomi's torture is easily the worse of the two. With her dedication to protect her friends, Asuka has proven herself to be an interesting and relatable protagonist with flaws and humanity. We see the burden she carries and we see how badly she wishes things were different, and despite those weaknesses, she still has the bravery to fight for her friends. Hopefully, the next episode will keep up the momentum and deliver another amazing story.
Feb 1, 2019 2:09 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Man this ep had some nasty badass violence. Poor girl, being tortured like that.

On a completely different note, If I have to die a violent death, I want it to be by suffocation between Asuka's thighs in one her attacks.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 1, 2019 2:16 PM

Nov 2016
Poor Nozomi, but this series has some good edge. where are the triggered people @ ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 1, 2019 2:17 PM

Jul 2015
Farabeuf said:
Man this ep had some nasty badass violence. Poor girl, being tortured like that.

On a completely different note, If I have to die a violent death, I want it to be by suffocation between Asuka's thighs in one her attacks.

Another man of culture I see eh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 1, 2019 2:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
terminador_2397 said:
Farabeuf said:

There's so many of us around here :-)!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 1, 2019 2:54 PM

Apr 2015
Them torturing Nozomi was hard to watch :/ She's gonna have some serious PTSD from all that. Glad that Asuka and Kurumi managed to get her out of there, hope she's going to be fine with Kurumi's Healing.

Farabeuf said:
terminador_2397 said:

There's so many of us around here :-)!

I fully agree on that, that's one excellent way to die! ;)
Feb 1, 2019 3:17 PM

Jul 2017
That episode kicked ass. Torture, backstory, action and much more. It's really damn intense and I love it.
Feb 1, 2019 3:35 PM

Jun 2017
Felix-san said:
That goddamn filler fanservice in previous episode...5 episode just to make the prologue.

Would be totally ok with 24 eps but it was confirmed 12.... I feel like it might not get another season when they waste the potential so early but I am not saying the rest of it can't ramp up to amazing levels. I am still pretty curious where it will end up.

Farabeuf said:

Agreed :D.
Feb 1, 2019 5:38 PM
Mar 2017
This episode should be a good or even great episode, comparing this to the previous 3 episodes, because of some heavy and tense scenes of the Nozomi with the scissors girl and the twin brothes, however the issues that i told in the ep 3 discuss impede that, being a little better, but ok episode of this show.

The scene of Asuka's nightmare/trauma, dealing with her dark past of being a active magical girl, and the whole scene of the Nozimi suffering were pretty well done indeed. Starting to the moment of Asuka, see her old companion dying in front of her eyes in the middle of battlefield was something close to good. This scene transmits the emotion and the impact of the Asuka losing something to her.
The scene focused on the Nozomi, or should i call the pervert girl with the voice of Takahashi Rie, was silver of this episode. Holy shit, Takahashi Rie did a great job in her voice acting, we can feel how she suffered in the torture and the moment of her losing an arm with the scisors, or even the beginning where the psycho talking about Yakiniku.

With only that, this could be a good or even a great episode, if the issues were not be here or even in the beginning of the show. It could only just worked, possibly be a good or great episode.
I appreciate the trauma of Asuka, but she sleeping with only underwear was unnecessary. This fanservice breaks a little of the emotional impact of that scene.
The karma of having a bad design of female character with the oversexualized can break a little or the entire good scene. The scene of the Nozomi could be better and much more emotional, if she had a better design or even had a normal proportion of bust instead of having a generic large breast. It was good that they didn't focus on her entire body, where they were screwing her a lot and showing how fucked up was her body, but this doesn't take the facts that they're doing this shit with her begin almost half-naked, because she was wearing olny a bran and short jeans only and you could see how big was her breast still exposing.
Anyway, the action scenes in this episode, comparing to what we had here, were weak parts for beign just like the others episodes, just meh. These parts were the same thing that i told in the ep 3, having some of statics images with a little of animation combined, unfortunately these parts were really frustrating and meh.

Overral, the fourth episode was better, for me, but sitll ok just because of the same issues was here. Maybe, the fifth episode will conclude this part and just wait and see it(the episode with some mediocre action scenes).
Feb 1, 2019 7:02 PM

Dec 2014
Dear god, the torture scene was so hard to sit though. I feel so bad for Nozomi, the poor girl, she deserved none of it. :(
The part where that girl sliced of Nozomi's hand though. :((

Voice acting was incredibly top notch this episode, damn.
Feb 1, 2019 8:25 PM

Apr 2015
That was tough to watch. Not higurashi levels, but comes close. I do hope Abigail gets what she deserves.
All men, kings or peasants, die equally.
Feb 1, 2019 10:49 PM

Jul 2015
Man the anime is interesting but its kind of sad that its low budget, If we had a fluid animation and high quality visuals, the show would have been great.
Feb 1, 2019 11:30 PM

Aug 2017
Just an arm and an incandescent iron on Nozomi's stomach? I expect more bloodshed or something like cook her and feed on herself....

I'm a bit disappointed.
NurguburuFeb 1, 2019 11:33 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 1, 2019 11:41 PM

Jul 2017
Daaamn brutal, looks like I don't have to worry about the show holding back any punches xD Been a while since I've seen an edgelord seinen that actually had some satisfying nerve. Abigail cutting Nozomi's arm off had me like wtf. Bitch is psycho.

I'm starting to enjoy this a bit more now. It's still not written super well (the flashback in Asuka's dream of them eating fast food before Francine dies was laughable) but at least there are some plot points being pulled together now like "Girl of Mass Destruction". The Asuka and Kurumi fan service is always appreciated as well.
Feb 1, 2019 11:57 PM

Jul 2017
John_Max said:
Man the anime is interesting but its kind of sad that its low budget, If we had a fluid animation and high quality visuals, the show would have been great.

Oh man, if this was at the animation level of Hanebado!, this would have been more interesting, considering that it came from the same studio.

The torture depiction totally caught me off guard, but that scene is rough on the edges but balls-out dark.

Now the war-revenge game begins. Seen the score dipping every now and then, must have turned alot of heads off. Hopefully this can pick up speed, still feeling very slow, and switch off the fanservice, it's distracting.
Feb 2, 2019 12:08 AM

May 2015
Wow, talk about torturing your victim. I really feel sorry for Nozomi there...

Eww, so they don't want to save Nozomi so that they can use that excuse to instigate the attack? Guess Magical Girls aren't the only ones corrupt here...

EWWWWWW!!!!! MAN THEY WENT THERE! NOW THIS IS HOW YOU TORTURE!

So they want to capture magical girls to develop the ultimate weapon...

They got a compass to detect magical girls? Nifty....

A Magical Truth Serum? Nifty...

Asuka looks really weird here...

Aww they ended on a cliffhanger...welp, until next week...
Feb 2, 2019 1:24 AM

Feb 2012
To words, holy. shit.
Feb 2, 2019 2:32 AM

Oct 2007
Torture seems to be a normal thing for this anime. Well, that surprise shot by Kurumi on Abegail allow them to escape the room. Did not expect that her syringe can fire it's needle like a dart gun. Maybe Kurumi can make Nozomi's arm grow again?

Asuka vs two creepy russian guys next episode. Can't wait for next week, this show is getting hot.
Feb 2, 2019 2:33 AM

Aug 2018
noooooo poor Nozomi :'(
Feb 2, 2019 2:34 AM

Aug 2018
Farabeuf said:

hahahahahahahaha
Feb 2, 2019 3:16 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The human cost in the girls defence against the enemy in the past sure was high. No wonder Asuka is reluctant to enter that world once more. Damm that girls attitude sure is unnerving and contrasts with her age. To think that the police higher ups
will be that cold hearted though. In a way relations between the Magical warfare squads and the police are always going to be tense due to their differing roles. Still despite this news its nice that Asuka and Kurumi are willing to risk it to save their friend. If anything this op allowed us to see just how Magical girls handled spec ops missions. But man poor Nozomi though being put through such a terrifying experience. Curious to see how this mission ends though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2019 6:04 AM

Mar 2014
that was really brutal torturing someone like that, poor Nozomi I hope she don't die !!!
Feb 2, 2019 6:18 AM

May 2012
This anime is getting more brutal with each epsiode. This one was little hard to watch. But I still loved it

I hope this poor girl get her arm back
Feb 2, 2019 10:03 AM

May 2018
Whoa, them East Asian United Front bad guys were really letting them Russians and that Abigail mage doing some nasty things to Nozomi as the group's payback for Nozomi's dad do to Kim Kanth.

Looks like Asuka is at a disadvantage for having to deal with 2 Russian mage.
Feb 2, 2019 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
knew it was gonna happen but it was still rough to sit through so skipped most of the torture also that flashback was vastly less graphic than the manga so phew she still had her whole lower half
Feb 3, 2019 1:04 AM
Sep 2018
Rongmario said:
Yo that torture scene was 10/10, I'm glad they didn't leave the gross bits out; thats what makes it great.

You don't see many torture scene in anything this days.
Feb 3, 2019 1:08 AM
Sep 2018
Nurguburu said:
Just an arm and an incandescent iron on Nozomi's stomach? I expect more bloodshed or something like cook her and feed on herself....

I'm a bit disappointed.

Okay that too brutal liike holy shit no any person would do that kind of torture to anyone.
Feb 3, 2019 1:14 AM
Sep 2018
FMmatron said:
Poor Nozomi, but this series has some good edge. where are the triggered people @ ?

This anime is not greatly advertised so those fucking snowflake don't even know that this anime exist.
Feb 3, 2019 2:46 AM

Mar 2012
Felix-san said:

Even within this episode they seem to be taking far, far too much time. The end of this should have been at the commercial break. They're not even really getting much for it. Atmosphere isn't being established or providing useful backstory. And then they take the time to include totally unnecessary bits like the explanation that "magic truth serum" is... a magical truth serum. The writing needs to be tightened up significantly, especially considering they only have 12 episodes.

Someone on staff or the mangaka is either into BDSM or did some research. What Nozomi is strapped down to is known as a "spanking bench" and pretty common within that community. Although she was on it backwards from how it's typically used.
Feb 3, 2019 2:58 AM

Jul 2009
It was sad to see Nozomi like that...Asuka is great.
Feb 3, 2019 4:35 AM

Nov 2016
Shadowhunt8 said:
FMmatron said:

This anime is not greatly advertised so those fucking snowflake don't even know that this anime exist.

Yeah, the question was more rhetorical nature xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 3, 2019 8:30 AM

Jun 2017
Excellent episode. Backstories, character development, intrigue, politics, fight sequences... hopefully it continues to get even better from here.
Feb 3, 2019 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
Damn Nozomi took a beating. Hopefully she can get her arm back. They kind of foreshadowed it too when Blondie was talking about cutting meat and bones
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 3, 2019 3:29 PM

Feb 2013
Abigail is a qt 3.14
Feb 3, 2019 6:50 PM

Oct 2018
Kinda cheap the way they force you to care about a character by brutally torturing her, but although it was cheap it was a pretty emotionally intense episode so I'll give it that. Overall this anime is pretty much average to me, not very interesting characters, not very interesting story, but well at least it's entertaining and has it's badass moments
Feb 4, 2019 6:31 AM

Aug 2013
That burn ughhh ouch.

Oh damn did I just see Asuka's old dead comrade in the next episode preview ?

Please not let it be some good turn to the dark side plot for the villain. T^T
Feb 5, 2019 9:25 PM

Oct 2008
Damn cliffhanger! give me more!
too bad they severed left arm of that girl is irrepairable!
looks like this is a show that would deal a lot of collateral damage!
5/5.

Feb 15, 2019 6:37 PM

Feb 2012
A nice touch of this anime is that Rapture's character design is functional. It's nice to see that the all the pockets she had are actually filled with useful things. I was afraid they were just for show.
Feb 18, 2019 2:19 PM
Apr 2018
I found the first half incredibly boring: I can't seem to involve with Asuka during her flashbacks. However, the torture was unexpected. Nozomi's skin melted wtf? It was quite unpleasant to see (but in a"good" way).

Asuka's leg lock tho. I can't seem to find a pic.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

79 by gilsao157 »»
Apr 15, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2019

65 by 5hadow17 »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

39 by Serafos »»
May 19, 2023 2:12 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

38 by Serafos »»
May 18, 2023 11:31 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

32 by Serafos »»
May 18, 2023 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.