Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 17, 2018 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not going to be so easy for Yuta to convince his classmates about the truth of the city.

Really interesting to see Alexis showing up this episode. Also, more trouble again....
Those weird flying things gives me the creeps honestly. Good thing there's Gridman to take care of business.
Stark700Nov 17, 2018 8:01 AM
Nov 17, 2018 10:15 AM

Jul 2017
Poor Anti, kid doesn't deserve all the bullying he gets from Akane. At least he's done with her and Alexis now and will probably become an unwilling ally for the Gridman Alliance.
Nov 17, 2018 11:08 AM

Apr 2016
I dont know guys, aliens ? This may be a show made by Trigger.

GreenEmu said:
Poor Anti, kid doesn't deserve all the bullying he gets from Akane. At least he's done with her and Alexis now and will probably become an unwilling ally for the Gridman Alliance.

Some juicy Gridman-Anti transformation incoming.
Nov 17, 2018 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
lol this episode have crazy battles and in the air too awesome

and damn the plot thickens, they now know the alien Alexis exist
Nov 17, 2018 11:18 AM

Apr 2015
Still entertaining as always, it's getting weirder and weirder as the plot thickens.
Nov 17, 2018 11:29 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GreenEmu said:
Seconded....Akane and that alien needs a good beating

This Gridman transformation was probably my favorite one too
Nov 17, 2018 11:44 AM

Jun 2014

How come this show keeps reminding me of the Big O?
Nov 17, 2018 12:02 PM

Feb 2013
Swagernator said:

GreenEmu said:

This has nothing to do with Trigger. lol It's aliens because that's a staple for tokusatsu shows and even more for Tsuburaya Productions shows like Ultra series and Gridman.

Tokoya said:
GreenEmu said:

Akane won't ever receive a beating as humans controlled by aliens don't receive such treatment, they're convinced of their errors after the protagonist tries to understand them. Alexis will be the one who will receive a beating and by Gridman.

That's how it happens in tokusatsus and how it'll happen here as well.
Nov 17, 2018 12:10 PM

Nov 2016
Things are getting more interesting by each episode and the fight was pretty dope too.

Akane is really doing some crazy stuff, but I honestly can't be mad at her :S

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 17, 2018 12:35 PM
Jun 2016
caio_brb said:
Swagernator said:

This has nothing to do with Trigger. lol It's aliens because that's a staple for tokusatsu shows and even more for Tsuburaya Productions shows like Ultra series and Gridman.

Tokoya said:

Akane won't ever receive a beating as humans controlled by aliens don't receive such treatment, they're convinced of their errors after the protagonist tries to understand them. Alexis will be the one who will receive a beating and by Gridman.

That's how it happens in tokusatsus and how it'll happen here as well.

I love that they even point that out in what, second episode? :>
Nov 17, 2018 12:41 PM

Oct 2012
So to all my fellow old Gridman/Superhuman Samurai viewers

Just how hard did you fanboy when they reached the 'city in the sky'? Because I nearly jumped out of my seat with hype.
Nov 17, 2018 12:58 PM
Jan 2015
EP7 was quite fun as we got to see more of Anti and the whole alien thing as well, classic Studio Trigger! The part where Yuta meets with Alexis and Akane was pretty nice as well, I honestly didn't expect this to happen, as Yuta meeting up with both of them could of been dangerous considering the kaijus at the time. The UFO Kaiju whatever it was, was pretty advanced and it's dodging skills were pretty good. I could also maybe see Akane turning to the good side after Alexis let Anti make a kaiju. Overall an enjoyable episode and I can't wait until the next episode!

Mod edit: Removed advertising.
DeadlyRavenMay 5, 2020 6:14 AM
Nov 17, 2018 1:01 PM

Oct 2018
I was waiting for aliens to show up. When can we buy Gridman toys?
Nov 17, 2018 1:02 PM

Dec 2009
This anime is so fucking hype. Gridknight Saber!
I loved the strings pulling the UFO and then it turns out it was part of the combat, it's so much fun.
Nov 17, 2018 1:06 PM

Feb 2017
Poor anti, akane and alien dude deserve no redemption in their character, as far as the show goes, it has become fun to see, hopefully it doesn’t end in in a trigger way...

Nov 17, 2018 1:34 PM

Sep 2009
Seriously, this ep was boooooooooring as fuck.
Nov 17, 2018 1:38 PM

Aug 2013
The Melancholy of Akane Shoujo featuring manipulation by an alien that looks like the evil version of the Gurren Lagann. Today's ep we got to see Akane relinquish a bit of her thot side. She wants the D, Yuta...run boi run. What a waste of Chinese food tho...
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 17, 2018 2:14 PM

Mar 2016
I love the way they work the humor into the show, especially with the timing. I think timing in general is what makes the direction of the anime standout, especially in this episode. The first half of the episode is executed perfectly.
Nov 17, 2018 2:51 PM

Jul 2017
Very informative episode. Lots of Akane in this one and overall, a pretty good episode.
Nov 17, 2018 2:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The highlight of the episode for me was Anti getting smacked hard. I hope the punch damaged his vocal cords and we don't have to endure his screaming for the next couple of episodes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Akane is sooooo waifu... holy shit...
Jul 2018
I camr into this show expecting cringe...but found little.It has quickly turned into a favourite. The development is flawless and doesn't feel forced/rushed like other shows in this genre.
Nov 17, 2018 3:32 PM

Sep 2011
Yuuta shared what he learned with his friends, but Rikka, and Utsumi were skeptical. Utsumi even went as far as hiding the fact that Akane does like Kaiju, but well. Akane herself went to Yuuta, and their talk confirmed everything to him, and the alien giving life to Akane's creations also appeared in front of him. He also knows now that Akane is so deranged that she killed someone for ruining a sandwich, and that she thinks that this is totally okay as well.

The battle this time was really cool too, and that 'city in the sky' looks like a motherboard, so this might really be inside of a game after all, makes you wonder what is real. Poor Anti continues to be abused too, and I feel really bad for him.
Nov 17, 2018 3:35 PM

Nov 2014
After everything that happend you'd expected them to believe Yuuta easier...
Story seems to be progressing pretty fast. Akane seemed to have some mixed feelings (doubts) there too. Nice.
I really dislike Anti. Annoying character. I hoped he will be killed off, but it seems it's one of those guys that stick until the end and team up with protagnonist against last boss.
Nov 17, 2018 3:40 PM

Jan 2013
Swagernator said:

GreenEmu said:

N3DSdude said:
EP7 was quite fun as we got to see more of Anti and the whole alien thing as well, classic Studio Trigger! The part where Yuta meets with Alexis and Akane was pretty nice as well, I honestly didn't expect this to happen, as Yuta meeting up with both of them could of been dangerous considering the kaijus at the time. The UFO Kaiju whatever it was, was pretty advanced and it's dodging skills were pretty good. I could also maybe see Akane turning to the good side after Alexis let Anti make a kaiju. Overall an enjoyable episode and I can't wait until the next episode!
The aliens are literally a staple of Tsuburaya Productions, you know, the ones that own Gridman and Ultraman? It has nothing to do with Trigger.

Anyway, thanks for the links.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
DeadlyRavenMay 5, 2020 6:14 AM
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 17, 2018 3:52 PM
Oct 2012
Holy shit that place above the clouds is the cyberspace from OG Gridman! Sequel statud confirmed even more!

GemTastical said:

Just how hard did you fanboy when they reached the 'city in the sky'? Because I nearly jumped out of my seat with hype.
GemTastical said:

Bruh

My mind = blown

Grim1952 said:
This anime is so fucking hype. Gridknight Saber

That was straight up a Hunter Knight Tsurugi reference from Ultraman Mebius and I loved it.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 5, 2020 6:15 AM
Nov 17, 2018 4:37 PM
Apr 2016
I don't really even know what to think. First of all, loving the fact that they're giving the *god* aka. Akane some visible emotions. Well, right now I'm mostly confused...
Nov 17, 2018 5:23 PM

Nov 2010
I have to say this again:
"This show should have been a masterpiece... if the childish robots don't show up."
---
From this episode and the previous one, the show might have the similar settings of the world to Zegapain.
Nov 17, 2018 5:31 PM

Feb 2014
Damn Akane was hot asf this episode. What if Yuuta x Akane was a thing before his amnesia?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 17, 2018 5:37 PM

Apr 2012
This show was originally childish, but it starts to bother me how eccentric it becomes from time to time.
Nov 17, 2018 6:22 PM

Dec 2012
Damn... Akane so hot

Nov 17, 2018 6:41 PM

Aug 2018
Air fight was dope, glad we got to see Vit's appearance for the first time !

Also, things are just becoming weirder and weirder : even with the added explanations (Akana being a God, Alexis being the hand who gives life to Kaijus, etc), I just feels lost. Meh, classic Trigger I'd say
Nov 17, 2018 6:48 PM

Nov 2011
Watch them break the city in the sky and goes to space.

Nov 17, 2018 6:52 PM

Jul 2017
They're gonna drill through it

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Nov 17, 2018 7:06 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was a cool episode!

Yuta suspecting Akane and in response Akane intruding his room sire was tense. I just found it intriguing how Yuta was just so confused that he couldn’t even grasp the situation. Normally, you’d expect anime protagonists to lose their composure and start ranting but Yuta here was just like, “Yeah, right.”. Akane was really intimidating and open, it really creeped me out. That restaurant scene where Alexis walked in got me boosebumps but thankfully trouble arises in time for our main character to slip away. Alexis seems to have other plans in mind, meanwhile. Allowing even Anti to make a monster for himself sure ticked off Akane and I’m looking forward to seeing how Akane responds to all this.
Action scene during the fight in the sky was cool! Epic transformation though I must say and there was nice action choreography to keep up. Many mysteries still looming around the Gridman Alliance.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 17, 2018 8:18 PM

Aug 2017
Anti is dumb lmao. It seems that, now, he is alone.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 17, 2018 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
I thought Trigger would forget about including aliens in this anime, but alas they finally did it.

Yeah yeah, I know aliens are a thing in Tsuburaya's shows, I grew up watching Ultraman after all, just let me make jokes about aliens and Trigger.
Nov 17, 2018 9:55 PM

Nov 2017
- Akane wasnt god... she is a succubus
- At first, I was though that Alexis is a somekind software like Gridman
- That Anti-kid must be treated by Rika....
- God,Alien, and a town above the sky... what the hell it is?
Now Loading.....
Nov 17, 2018 10:27 PM

Oct 2018
aerial battle this episode feel so hype ,especially with that flying city in the background

vit is so chill in the cafe ,but when it come to battle it feels like he just pop 2 adrenaline while drinking some red bull ,Point is i like Vit character

Anti endless hatred for gridman starting to get on my nerves it gets annoying this episode to the point i barely care alexis just slice anti face (tbh alexis probably wouldnt slice anti face if he dont pull out his weapon on alexis)

so far i dont have anything to hate for except Anti this episode ,i hope utsumi dont be a thirsty fuckboi and lying for akane in the later episode ,

i also wonder if they will upgrade the "junk" so everybody can combine with Gridman ,i just hope they replace the junk and not using "a magic" to make the junk strong enough to not lag when all of them join with Gridman

Ps : also anti copying abillity feel so cheap this episode its like pairing an awesome abillity and someone who doesnt fully utilize it
PsyKhiNov 17, 2018 11:57 PM
Nov 18, 2018 12:36 AM

Jan 2015
They will end this anime in space right? Lol
Nov 18, 2018 1:46 AM

Mar 2008
Akane can eat shit and die, the sorry bitch.
Nov 18, 2018 4:13 AM
Oct 2012
kuroneko99 said:
I have to say this again:
"From this episode and the previous one, the show might have the similar settings of the world to Zegapain.

Ding ding ding, you are right.
Nov 18, 2018 6:53 AM

Jan 2016
poor best boy anti

the story is moving at a quicker pace now, I like that.
Nov 18, 2018 7:16 AM

Feb 2018

Hmm, interesting
Nov 18, 2018 7:17 AM

Aug 2013
I want Akane on my bed too
Nov 18, 2018 9:26 AM
Nov 18, 2018 9:33 AM

Oct 2018
Delicious Itano circus, also these Obari-Style 2D scenes are still spot on. Poor Anti though.
Nov 18, 2018 11:57 AM

Jun 2014
Someone asked me that "do you notice that Rikka's mom is never around whenever there's a kaiju attack?"
And then I saw this picture about Transformer reference in this show:

Why the hell is Rikka's mom basied on freaking Megatron?

Also consider how She and Alexis use the word "guest".
How Alexis’ choice of words are somewhat feminine in Japanese.
And that we are never shown Her and Alexis around the same time point.

Since it's almost confirmed that this is not the real world but some kind of cyberspace.
Could it be that she’s actually Alexis?
Think about it, why would Gridman be "trapped" in her shop in the first place, of all places?

Also notice that, other than the minor characters, Every character on the "good side" have blue-ish eyes. Even the side characters like Rikka's friends Namiko and Hass, EVERONE but Rikka's mom.

This is problalby almost as ridiculous and as unlikelyas the "Rikka's pregnant" theory.
But, it could end up be true.
Mind you, we still don't really know what Alexis' end game is.
garyborkenNov 18, 2018 12:46 PM
Nov 18, 2018 5:52 PM
Mar 2017
Yuuta shares what he learned from the Kaiju girl, but Rikka and Utsumi treat their friend as an idiot, since both have a sentimental situation with Akane (Rikka wants to be friends with Akane and Utsumi loves Akane's tits), but luckily Max supports Yuuta, but even so Rikka and Utsumi criticize a lot but they contribute nothing.
The wait to speak with Akane is reduced, since she was waiting for Yuuta in his apartment, Akane offers Yuuta to be her ally, in a rather suggestive and a little erotic way, but Yuuta refuses, Akane invites him to eat so she can introduce her collaborator to Yuuta, the cruel Akane explains to Yuuta how she uses the Kaijus, then Alexis enters and appears before Yuuta, but the meeting is interrupts by a Kaiju, the surprised face of Akane enchanted me, Alexis let Anti do a Kaiju and Akane does not tolerate the decision of her alien friend.
The fight with the Kaiju was great, a fight in the sky where Vit finally makes his debut, the design of Sky Vitter is great, but this was overcome when he combined with Gridman and formed Sky Gridman. The capacity of Anti to adapt is incredible, the Kaiju boy next to his companion fight with Sky Gridman and in the course of the fight they discover a city in the sky, Gridman and Vit defeat the Kaijus without problem, but even so the revelation of the city in the sky makes the information about Akane more credible, also now they know that an alien is the one that helps Akane to create the Kaijus.
I think in the next episode Akane will go after Rikka and Utsumi, since they are Yuuta's friends and when he mentions that he can not betray them, I felt that Akane was hurt by that response and knowing our dear Akane, she will try to kill them, personally I think the first one that would fall would be Utsumi.
Nov 18, 2018 5:54 PM
Oct 2018
Last episode I said thought that the alien thing was dumb but after thinking it over and watching this episode, I gotta say that I like it much better.

These last couple episodes have been much better than some of the previous ones. I still don't like the MC though, I will admit hes gotten a bit better.

I feel like they are building up Rikka for some kind of plot twist/reveal later. I have a strong feeling that shes responsible for MC's amnesia. Its pretty clear to me that she's hiding something about his past. At first I thought Akane was responsible but she doesn't seem to know much about it.
Its a bit of a long shot but maybe Rikka is either another god or an alien?

Anyway, I'm really excited for whats to come.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

103 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 22, 10:24 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

162 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 22, 10:18 AM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

390 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 8:41 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2018

83 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 7:37 PM

Poll: » SSSS.Gridman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

90 by DanKyoko »»
Apr 16, 6:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.