Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 30, 2018 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I'm really enjoying the amount of realism in this show. We got anxiety from the main competitors that I think is justifable.

Competition makes people behave in weird ways. On the other hand, there's still a very positive mood in the show as characters are motivated to do what they love. For one, I think Haiji is a good role model.

Oct 30, 2018 10:07 AM

Nov 2007
Drinking together. It's after that otaku guy said nice thing. Most of them are now into running now, since they don't want to lost to that guy who said they are low level.

More time to train in order to attend April's marathon.

Seems like megane guy is only guy besides main guy and that guy who tries to find job (especially him) is against attending.

Running slowly for 1 hour... very serious.

The long hair senpai guy's reason to run is to be able to think he's clean.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 30, 2018 12:04 PM

Feb 2015
Haiji's starting to ask way too much from them in my opinion. It's fine if they want to do it, but he can't just forbid people from working and order them to buy a ton of stuff at the same time.
Oct 30, 2018 12:35 PM

Nov 2016
If you consider the shape of everyone, then I think the amount of effort Haiji is demanding is still reasonable. But it will be interesting to see when they will reach their limits.

Slower episode, but nonetheless enjoyable. Nothing beats the good old training episodes in sports anime :P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2018 12:52 PM
Dec 2016
fight-or-flight said:
Haiji's starting to ask way too much from them in my opinion. It's fine if they want to do it, but he can't just forbid people from working and order them to buy a ton of stuff at the same time.

Totally agree. This whole plot "I'll make you run just because I want to run, no objections accepted" really bugged me from the start, but since everyone gradually got on board with the idea, it kinda put me at ease a bit. But the way he forbode them from working and stuff really irritated me. It's completely understandable that King finally exploded.
Oct 30, 2018 1:17 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty good training episode but I'm slowly despising Haiji. I hate his approach to all this.
Oct 30, 2018 2:33 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
If Haiji convinces King to run, that would be a disaster for me.

King has all the reason to be mad about Haiji, who does he think he is forbidding him to search for a job basically. Haiji needs a wake-up call PRONTO.

I'd like to see it all blow up in Haiji's face at the end (him keeping up his forceful training and overdoing it) and him revealing his reason after that, that would be a good way of doing things IMO.

I know they are playing Prince dying over there for laughs but i hope, he doesn't actually collapse from this.
Oct 30, 2018 3:21 PM
Jul 2016
Okay, maybe someone can explain this to me, but I thought that their times for the 5k were insanely fast considering that none of them have actually run before. All of them were sub-20 except for King and Prince(understandably). And I know a lot of them had some prior experience with sports beforehand, but it still seems far fetched to me....
Oct 30, 2018 3:25 PM
Feb 2012
I hope Haiji breaks his legs
Oct 30, 2018 4:16 PM

Aug 2016
Another awesome episode.
Prince is the best, finding a friend in the dog only to be betrayed and trying to become transparent, I thought he was moving on from this world after too much running lol.
King seems pretty high strung, not surprising since he seems to be reaching to be one of the office workers for life. I can see him finding running as a type of freedom when he finally gets into it, a way to deal with the stress of his future.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 30, 2018 4:30 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

I loved the scene where everyone was drinking, really nice.

The training is great to watch as usual and the soundtrack when they started the evening training was so good. Yuki Hayashi is just too good for himself. xD

Prince is the best, he never fails to make me laugh with his philosophical comments in his near dead state. XD

I can understand King being mad at Haiji, it's reasonable considering what he's asking even going so far as to forbid the other from doing anything else. Let's see what comes of this.
Oct 30, 2018 4:44 PM

Sep 2011
Practice is going well, everyone is giving their best, Prince continues to be the funniest, and Kakeru is finally trying to open up to them. Well, the only problem is King, who is certainly going through a hard time, but his way of directing his frustration to the others is annoying, I hope he will find inner peace.
Oct 30, 2018 5:11 PM

Oct 2018
Great episode as always, really enjoying a sports anime with characters that are drunk college students, it just feels so right.

Haiji giving me mixed feelings though, on one hand, he's a real ass but on the other, he's like the best character.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Oct 30, 2018 6:21 PM

Jul 2017
Nice to see Kakeru slowly opening up to the gang rather than his usual angry behaviour, seems Prince's words worked well
Oct 30, 2018 7:15 PM

Sep 2012
ahneeme said:
I hope Haiji breaks his legs

already broke it before tho.

and yeah, haiji kinda demand too much now. and king's outburst is reasonable too

tho granted they're deceived into entering track and field club, they have a choice to actually leave the place and look for another place but they still stick to that place and receiving all the benefit, now that they know that place is for track club members, if they don't want to participate, they can just leave. in fact, by leaving, haiji can't do shit
Oct 30, 2018 8:11 PM

Jul 2016
Well, I think it's being time for Haiji to give a good reason of why he's so obsessed about them to take part in the Hakone Marathon... He's asking too much but since no one is looking for a new place to live, I can say that all of them want to participate at some point... except for King, of course. I literally have no clue about how Haiji will convince him... if there's any chance at all...

All in all, it was another good episode. The training scenes were great and the OST stands out again, I really liked it.
Oct 30, 2018 8:50 PM

Mar 2016
I am kind of not liking that King guy. It's like: I get pissed off at someone if I see them constantly pissed off. I don't hate him, and he hasn't done anything that would make me, so I might end up liking him in later episodes.

I like how everyone is gradually deciding to run, and it doesn't even feel unnatural.

How are they going to develop Ouji, I wonder. He's my favourite so far, and I hope he doesn't change much.

Next episode's title is Naked King. lol. Is that a reference to the Emperor's New Clothes? I don't really want to see King get naked though. He looks like some of my relatives.
Oct 30, 2018 9:28 PM

May 2016
I think the next episode will make or break this series for me. I can't blame King for being upset with Haiji because he's pretty much right. All these people all their own lives to live and Haiji has done nothing but manipulate them into joining his obsession to run at Hakone. Now he's forcing to put their lives on hold for the sake of practice running? WTF? Does this guy have any clue to how selfish he's being? It's high time that Haiji reveals the real reason why he wants to do this and if they don't reveal it in the next episode or two or just give the "Why not?" excuse I'm going to half to seriously consider dropping this anime.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Oct 30, 2018 11:12 PM

Dec 2016
maaaan that ep slaps
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 31, 2018 1:50 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Now, I’m really starting to despise Haiji. Cancelling jobs and practicing for a whole day is clearly out of limits, and I’m glad someone finally snapped. If somehow Haiji manages to convince King, I’ll be really disappointed.

On another note, this was a nice episode! Kakeru is slowly opening up to his roommates so I hope he’ll receive some positive Character Development soon and Prince is just Prince, I’d really like to know more about what he was saying earlier in the track though. Lol, the comedy of the episode was a good addition too but the soundtrack as always has been top tier. If not only for Haiji’s excessive persistence and stubbornness, I think I’d have enjoyed this show a lot more! Takashi’s declaration during the Party was really commendable, also.
On the other hand, we got a fair bit of screentime starring King and his struggles. I’m not personally fond of him as he seems to be pushing his misfortunes onto the others, but so far he’s probably been the most humane character.

I’m looking forward to seeing how the intense tempo will be continued..
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 31, 2018 2:43 AM

Feb 2018
I feel like King is moving out. If so, it'll be interesting to see who moves in
Oct 31, 2018 6:42 AM

Jul 2017
I like how realistic this anime is, I mean the drama. I'm interested to know more of Haiji's reasons why he's doing all this.
Good episode, keeps getting better.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Oct 31, 2018 9:15 AM
Jan 2016
Honestly, I feel that Haiji's goal is crazy, it's not impossible but it's crazy...first because not all of them have a basic in sports, you can say that almost half of them starting from zero. Second, is not all of them want to run, it's hard to enjoy something if you didn't have your own goal or reason in it, and third, as King said, that they have their own bussiness, such as work, etc. Yeah it's not impossible but I think it's crazy once again...
Oct 31, 2018 10:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode again.

I loved the scene where everyone was drinking, really nice.

The training is great to watch as usual and the soundtrack when they started the evening training was so good. Yuki Hayashi is just too good for himself. xD

Prince is the best, he never fails to make me laugh with his philosophical comments in his near dead state. XD

I can understand King being mad at Haiji, it's reasonable considering what he's asking even going so far as to forbid the other from doing anything else. Let's see what comes of this.
I second all of this
Oct 31, 2018 11:03 AM
Nov 2015
great episode. we love Haiji san <3 he is very a leader
Oct 31, 2018 2:45 PM

Feb 2017
So the real training has finally started.

Hope Prince doesn't die lol. I think if he tries to eat more he will imporve quickly. That comment from the twins about him losing weight seems to indicate that.
Oct 31, 2018 3:04 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that the training is more harder. Only King seems to be most concerned about getting a job after college.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 31, 2018 3:04 PM

Oct 2008
Alright! The groups is starting to fall apart!
King's Rebellion has begun! He snapped lolz!
4/5.

Oct 31, 2018 5:16 PM

Oct 2015
I wish they would make anime with an all female cast like this or more. They always make anime with females cute and lacking true meaning in them, they are just target for waifu deluded audience. I was thinking this while watching this good anime.

I hope someday the anime industry would change and lessen the cute, tsundere, klutz, bimbo characters in females. They should give us more stories with content about females not these idol cute ish, it doesn't work for people who are enjoying anime for content.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 31, 2018 7:36 PM

Sep 2017
Poor Ouji-san just can't catch a break. He's pulling through tho. I'm excited to see his improvement.

King seemed to have kind of put up some sort of arrogant front to hide his disappointment from being rejected. I can definitely understand why he's acting how he is tho. Now that most people are on board Haji is really pushing hard. How could you expect someone who's been job searching like mad to give it up to run for no real reason. Really curious to how they are gonna get him on board. I'm sure he will, but I think Haji is gonna have to back off a bit.

I really liked Nico-chan's answer to why he likes to run. Pretty simple, but kinda powerful. It's just an escape from his troubles (I mean he's only third year but older than all the others) and helps with his smoking addiction. I really like his character.

This has been great so far.
Oct 31, 2018 11:12 PM
Sep 2018
lihle808 said:

I hope someday the anime industry would change and lessen the cute, tsundere, klutz, bimbo characters in females. They should give us more stories with content about females not these idol cute ish, it doesn't work for people who are enjoying anime for content.
Try watching YagaKimi, it should fit your requirements.
Oct 31, 2018 11:24 PM
Apr 2016
lihle808 said:
I wish they would make anime with an all female cast like this or more. They always make anime with females cute and lacking true meaning in them, they are just target for waifu deluded audience. I was thinking this while watching this good anime.

There's plenty if you look past the mainstream shounen stuff. Shoujo/Josei stuff have great female characters. Look no further than Utena, Nana, Rose of Versailles, Chihayafuru.
Nov 1, 2018 3:41 AM

Feb 2015
Tsukizono said:
lihle808 said:

There's plenty if you look past the mainstream shounen stuff. Shoujo/Josei stuff have great female characters. Look no further than Utena, Nana, Rose of Versailles, Chihayafuru.

I would add Haibane Renmei as well. Quite a unique anime.
Nov 1, 2018 11:36 AM
Aug 2018
Yaatty said:
Okay, maybe someone can explain this to me, but I thought that their times for the 5k were insanely fast considering that none of them have actually run before. All of them were sub-20 except for King and Prince(understandably). And I know a lot of them had some prior experience with sports beforehand, but it still seems far fetched to me....

Ya that's my one problem with this series. As someone who actually runs cross country 5k's as a sport i can tell you that most of them should be around 22-26 minutes with no actual hope to hit under 15 minutes. That's enough to compete at nationals in USA high school. where people train year round for years to hope to hit that time
Nov 1, 2018 5:08 PM
Nov 2008
I don't get how so many people here can be upset about Haiji. Once he had obtained his tenth member, he has been very transparent about his aims and what he requires of them if they want to stay.

The original outrage when he revealed what he gathered them for already happened and everyone decided to stay anyway.

It's not Haiji who is being an ass, it's everyone else who is being irresponsible by staying despite not wanting to participate.
Nov 3, 2018 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
Fuck King,
All hail Prince,
Haiji is the best,
and my respect for the rest.
Nov 4, 2018 8:17 AM
Jan 2014
Jk9 said:
Honestly, I feel that Haiji's goal is crazy, it's not impossible but it's crazy...first because not all of them have a basic in sports, you can say that almost half of them starting from zero. Second, is not all of them want to run, it's hard to enjoy something if you didn't have your own goal or reason in it, and third, as King said, that they have their own bussiness, such as work, etc. Yeah it's not impossible but I think it's crazy once again...

I feel like it's likely he scouted them all out from the beginning, saw them running, joking around, late for an appointment, to catch a manga release, perhaps, you don't need a basic in anything to run.
Nov 11, 2018 11:04 PM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Starts the training but the team is not joined!!!
Pink sneakers, cool!!! kekeke
Nov 22, 2018 1:36 PM

May 2016
This show is still not low damn why is such a good show unrecognized.
Dec 30, 2018 3:11 AM

Sep 2018
This anime I'm really liking and involving, I can not wait every time to see an episode to feel better, perhaps because they can mix well the story, the personal life of the characters, without trivializing and also giving answers where everyone can mirroring.
May 6, 2019 5:35 AM

Dec 2013
Oh, Prince looks like he's going to fade anytime an drhe way Haiji scooped him was really funny. Woooh, got some tension here. Well, Haiji might be a little forceful here stopping them for a part time. Of course they will have different perspectives as they did not volunteer to join SO I understand king. But they really need more time for the race. I wonder what will happen next?

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

May 9, 2019 8:00 AM

Feb 2013
King has a point, Haiji is being too pushy.
May 21, 2019 11:46 PM

May 2013
Yeeeaaaahhhhhhh, not the best way to go about things in this one for Haiji ^^" It's a little controlling :( esp since they're all v new to this and not as passionate.

The adult life is no joke. Can't say I don't relate to King. Esp since he got that rejection (pretty obvious). Whenever shit like that happens, I just get so mad, but determined to figure out where I went wrong and how I can get to where I want to be. That's prolly how King feels. But like. At the same time, his resume probably needs that special something to make him stand out from other applicants-- likeeeeee running in that marathon ;D ;D lolol.

They should meet in the middle, honestly.

Time to see what the other bois have got to say about Haiji's proposition.

Also, I really liked Nico-san's reason on why he likes running :D t'was beautiful <3
Aug 19, 2019 6:24 PM
Apr 2016
I feel like King won't be running with them, I believe every other will however, even Prince and Iwakura, even though both're very reluctant.
Sep 27, 2019 9:34 AM

Mar 2015
Hmmm King definitely the odd one out
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 18, 2020 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
I never knew the thing I needed in my life is Uchiyama Kouki sounding drunk until now. Now I can die happy.
Jul 24, 2020 9:44 AM

Dec 2013
FuMomo-kun said:
I am kind of not liking that King guy. It's like: I get pissed off at someone if I see them constantly pissed off.
Pretty much my take on his internal struggle - sure Haiji's approach is kinda forced, but oh well - someone's gotta push the plot forward.
Mar 20, 2021 10:23 PM

Jun 2020
Lollllol Shindo’s like.....I alr have a girlfriend.........L O L

I love how everyone, with the exception of King, is putting in their best in their own ways. Even if they seem reluctant, their efforts are undeniable. Even ลŒji!!!!! I respect him a lot x) Nico is so mature, I really like him & what he said about feeling pure & clean while running really struck a chord with me. He’s so hardworking & earnest too, working all night but still taking part in practiceโ™ก

I felt so bad for Kakeru when he said he wants to be a better speaker. I feel like he gets misunderstood a lot. Poor boy. He seems so hurt on the inside. I’m sure there are many things he wishes to convey. And he worries for them too. I liked what Haiji said about how is it only the chosen ones who can run. Not sure about Haiji’s motivations yet but he’s best boy, fosure.

I love how it’s set in college. And it’s starting to show the struggles of that phase in life such as stressing over their future/securing a job.

๊•ค but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing
๊•ค

May 29, 2021 10:59 AM

Aug 2018
Damn, I really feel like running right now..

Sep 1, 2021 1:33 PM

Aug 2021
Training episode

King san looks pretty anxious for the failure in the interview

Prince-san as funny as always :P
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.