Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 27, 2018 2:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time this adventure really got underway.

First, I think that Dart guy is rather devious. His menancing look definitely gives the impression of someone not to get on the wrong side of. Nice to see Mélie show up too. I would say that she may be hard to get along with for Seth but maybe time will tell.

I kinda like her personality so far though. (both sides lol)
Stark700Oct 27, 2018 7:43 AM
Oct 27, 2018 5:32 AM

Aug 2013
Melie's personality switch was the highlight of the entire episode for me. 2/5
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 27, 2018 5:43 AM

May 2013
I really need that hope for the next episode (and the whole series), because I'm the one who's feeling really embarrased about this pack of comedy-shit....
the only good thing was Melie personality-change.
but ofcourse they need some f.ing annoying pet, they couldn't get free without it -_-
Oct 27, 2018 6:05 AM

Oct 2018
Dragunov finally showed up ! Aaaaah, I'm so happy ;w;
Oct 27, 2018 6:07 AM

Dec 2009
This one was pretty good, but the reasons for them to be put in jail is completely stupid, Dragunov wouldn't ever put them in jail for such a feeble reason. Mélie was put in jail because of her fit and she attacked the Inquisitors when they asked her to decline her identity, not because she hadn't her identity card. Also Doc was completely in his right to get the nemesis corpse, I think it is mentionned in the manga that they completely could go after the check before Seth noticed Mélie in the cage and thought it was Alma from afar; thus also attacking the Inquisitors.
They're trying too much to make the Inquisitors the "braindead" ennemies for our heroes kinda like the Stormtroopers are in Star Wars, while it's way more subtle in the manga (kinda like the treaty in Captain America : Civil War was, there is a need to regulate the sorcerers so that there is as less abuse of power as it can be possible, to prevent attacks from gangs of sorcerers like the Bravely Quartet). Quick reminder that there really is not that much sorcerers in the Radiant universe (only 1% of the humans touched by nemeses can survive and then become sorcerer, the 99% left dies), but just one with the right stuff can completely obliterate a whole city, so there definitely is a need for a "counterforce" to regulate their power.
Batora07Oct 27, 2018 3:00 PM
Oct 27, 2018 7:40 AM

Jan 2018
Pretty good episode, best one so far. Like the characters and Melie is the best character so far and her voice actor is very good!
Oct 27, 2018 7:46 AM

Dec 2009
Thorf said:
Pretty good episode, best one so far. Like the characters and Melie is the best character so far and her voice actor is very good!

yeah the voice acting on this episode was way better than the others (except for Alma who is always top notch) but yeah I think the seiyuu for Mélie will have the best time while doing the acting for this character because she really is bipolar :p
Oct 27, 2018 7:47 AM

Apr 2018
Great episode, really enjoying it so far
Oct 27, 2018 8:11 AM

Apr 2018
It was a decent ep but the comedy didn't work well during some parts
At least the people complaining that alma didn't tell him where to go during the last ep will be able to sleep tonight

Hope sthat alma will actually keep getting some screentimw

Op is still great
I like the new girl
Oct 27, 2018 8:14 AM

Dec 2009
Akerakai said:

At least the people complaining that alma didn't tell him where to go during the last ep will be able to sleep tonight

Yep, indeed I think I'll sleep well tonight, haha :p
Oct 27, 2018 9:09 AM

Sep 2011
I hate this inquisition; "we are arresting you not because you did something wrong, but to prevent you from doing it", like, excuse me? And Doc even said that their very existence was only "tolerated" by them because of the Nemesis, so even Seth's innocent, and idealistic dream of eradicating the Nemesis wouldn't bring peace, and acceptance to the sorcerers. As it was expected, but this is good though, it's a big problem which won't disappear like magic after all. At least it seems that the inquisition can't use magic.

But Melie was great! I liked her from the start, she was like a cute airhead. I was a bit disappointed when she said she was specialized in defensive magic though, because I thought that they were blatantly putting her on a supportive role for good from the start, but her 'curse' makes her change her personality, and blow stuff up, it was great! lol I also love her hair! Doc was a bit funny too, even though he was also annoying.
Oct 27, 2018 9:20 AM

Jan 2018
Good episode,as a manga reader I'm enjoying this adaptation even if it's not 100% canon.
SoukaTheRealOct 30, 2018 10:23 AM
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Oct 27, 2018 10:03 AM

Jul 2017
Melie was great!!
Oct 27, 2018 11:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm in love with both sides of Melie lol
Oct 27, 2018 11:23 AM

Apr 2015
First episode was OK. 2nd and 3rd was meh, not so good. This one I actually really liked!
Oct 27, 2018 1:02 PM

Dec 2013
for some reason this anime gives a real nostalgic vibe on the classic adventure anime. really loving this series so far. its nothing creative or new but its setting up to be a fun adventure anime

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Oct 27, 2018 3:27 PM

Mar 2016
Since I am not expecting this anime to be great, I just need something watchable. Well, this episode was watchable! Thank god!! I have already dropped three animes this season, because they were quite annoying!

I am kind of bothered by some flaws in logic in this episode though. Like: when the girl's shield broke, why did the soldiers draw their swords? They could've just continued shooting the arrows. That way, the soldiers would be safe, but their target won't. Also, aren't you supposed to shoot arrows only when you are in a more elevated position than your target?
Another flaw in logic that I found was when Seth flew everyone way far from the boat and the ship, and then went right back, instead of just going to the ship directly and saving time.
Oct 27, 2018 3:31 PM

Dec 2009
FuMomo-kun said:
Since I am not expecting this anime to be great, I just need something watchable. Well, this episode was watchable! Thank god!! I have already dropped three animes this season, because they were quite annoying!

I am kind of bothered by some flaws in logic in this episode though. Like: when the girl's shield broke, why did the soldiers draw their swords? They could've just continued shooting the arrows. That way, the soldiers would be safe, but their target won't. Also, aren't you supposed to shoot arrows only when you are in a more elevated position than your target?
Another flaw in logic that I found was when Seth flew everyone way far from the boat and the ship, and then went right back, instead of just going to the ship directly and saving time.

yeah that's anime logic to you, they definitely tone down some aspects from source material to appeal to a younger audience, that's why there's a lot of chlldish humour that is kind of different from the manga (like the one you mentionned where Seth's heading to the camera then to the airship, that's comedy we would find like 15 years ago when 3D movie was the new big thing). But this episode was definitely more watchable than the past three.
Oct 27, 2018 4:52 PM

Aug 2008
Interesting to see how non-magic users handle fighting magic users. Oh good, an ugly irritating merch pet. I'd say the best episode so far, the previous episodes were borderline garbage.
Oct 27, 2018 4:59 PM

Dec 2009
Mori-Rauko-Tura said:
Oh good, an ugly irritating merch pet

You have no idea how much you're right saying that, Ankama plans to release a plush of Mister Boobrie soon <__<
Oct 27, 2018 6:36 PM

Jun 2009
Lachiesis said:
Dragunov finally showed up ! Aaaaah, I'm so happy ;w;

same :D nice too ee yusa san having a villian too voice again
Oct 27, 2018 7:02 PM

Oct 2015
I see Seth has made traveling nakamas in Doc and Melie, this sure will prove to be interesting especially with Melie's double personality.

Good episode and I have high hopes for this series, I guess.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 27, 2018 7:08 PM

Jun 2014
Some exciting action here! Melie is awesome, especially when she's angry!

I can't wait to see Artemis!

Oct 28, 2018 3:00 AM

Nov 2017
Melie gap moe make it 4/5
Now Loading.....
Oct 28, 2018 3:10 AM
Aug 2015
Melie's personality change didn't surprise me (as it was already hinted in the OP), what's surprised me is that her little fella is a masochist haha. Classic escape episode, reminds me of One Piece. Looking forward for next episode.
Oct 28, 2018 4:26 AM

May 2015
From the looks of Melie's character design, I thought her personality from the start would be like the one she switched to, so I was surprised and a bit disappointed at first when she acted like a cutie. Well, the bipolar curse makes it interesting but I'm not sure if it's enough to make the whole series good. This episode was so stupid with cringe-worthy comedy and even annoying pet. The story seems so childish, I'm seriously debating whether to continue watching it or not.
Oct 28, 2018 5:04 AM

Dec 2009
Ten said:
From the looks of Melie's character design, I thought her personality from the start would be like the one she switched to, so I was surprised and a bit disappointed at first when she acted like a cutie. Well, the bipolar curse makes it interesting but I'm not sure if it's enough to make the whole series good. This episode was so stupid with cringe-worthy comedy and even annoying pet. The story seems so childish, I'm seriously debating whether to continue watching it or not.

Just read the manga at this point. From what has been said by the anime producers they're not gonna change the tone of the show because they are aiming a different audience than the manga.
Oct 28, 2018 6:20 AM
Jan 2018
Poha, já tava achando que a ruivinha iria tirar um chicote da cintura e sair espancando geral na nave. Sadomasoquismo total !!
Oct 28, 2018 6:46 AM

May 2015
Batora07 said:
Ten said:

Just read the manga at this point. From what has been said by the anime producers they're not gonna change the tone of the show because they are aiming a different audience than the manga.

Thanks, I might do just that. I was hoping that things will change later on but it seems unlikely now.
Oct 28, 2018 6:56 AM

May 2012
Good episode. I loved that new girl, and she has split personalty

I don't understand why the show is getting low score when it is getting better with each episode !!!
Oct 29, 2018 7:12 AM

Apr 2018
Ten said:
Batora07 said:

Thanks, I might do just that. I was hoping that things will change later on but it seems unlikely now.

Not unlikely at all lol, the first arc is weak, it gets better and better after that, like every long running shonen. If you don't like classic/typical shonen it's not for you
Oct 29, 2018 4:49 PM

Dec 2016
Captain Eyepatch Itachi seems interesting
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Oct 30, 2018 1:49 AM

Dec 2009
TheFreycook said:

Dragunov is definitely an interesting character, it's one of my favorite :)
Oct 30, 2018 8:06 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Okay, I definitely think I'm going to like Melie.
It's funny to see that Mister Booblie is a masochist.
Oct 30, 2018 9:15 AM
Nov 2016
This episode was definitely better than the others.

Hope things keep improving.

This show needs to either deepen the themes or get better characters.

I like Melie though.
Oct 30, 2018 9:38 AM
Nov 2017
And FYI , the author even stated he’s not tryna do anything new , he’s paying homage to the genre . You can tell this series was heavily inspired by one piece and dragon ball .
Oct 30, 2018 9:45 AM

Oct 2018
TheFreycook said:

Haha, I never noticed but Eyepatch Itachi seems like an apt description indeed !
Oct 30, 2018 6:03 PM

Oct 2008
That was a bit okayish fun episode!
got a new added character Mélie that has split personality, I wonder is she really can't use offensive magic not unless her stress was triggered? so only def magic on normal mode?
Dragunov that weak or he's just not in a mood to fight seriously?
4/5

Oct 31, 2018 7:12 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A fun episode. Melie was really cute. At first I thought to myself "looking at her art, she seemed like a more serious character to me. I'm surprised she's so airheaded"

And then came the personality change. Too bad she isn't angry all the time.

I like the idea of curses in this. It gives characters a chance to be unique, sort of reminds me of semblances from RWBY.
Nov 1, 2018 10:27 PM

Dec 2014
so like the soldiers kinda reminded me of the fire prince constantly on the tail of aang in the last airender or like smoker from one piece...it's been a while.... anyway great development
Nov 2, 2018 5:41 AM
Jun 2015
I really want to like this and I keep wanting it to get better. Even though this was the most action packed episode and Melie is really cool I still can’t get into it. I fell asleep lol
Nov 3, 2018 7:46 PM

Mar 2009
Melie's quite cute. Interesting personality lol.
Nov 4, 2018 11:46 AM
Nov 2018
Hello everybody :-)

I hope someone can help me with this: Seth can do magic barehanded and this is some specialty in his world. But Melie didnt wear gloves either.
Is this some inconsistency or does it have a deeper meaning I dont get?

Thanks for your input, its appreciated :-)
Nov 4, 2018 11:53 AM
Sep 2017
checklus said:
Hello everybody :-)

I hope someone can help me with this: Seth can do magic barehanded and this is some specialty in his world. But Melie didnt wear gloves either.
Is this some inconsistency or does it have a deeper meaning I dont get?

Thanks for your input, its appreciated :-)
Melie use a magic wand, it's explain in the manga, that you can manipule Fantasia with all gear which are make with feathers from a feather tree. A feather tree spawn where a Source Nemesis stay for a long time, with those feathers, you can make gloves, magic wands, swords, brooms, armors, etc ... The fact that Seth can use Fantasia without any feather gear make him special and dangerous for the Inquisition
Nov 4, 2018 2:36 PM
Nov 2018
I see, that is an acceptable explanation. Thank you very much. :)
Nov 11, 2018 6:33 AM

Mar 2014
I honestly thought just based off of her character design that she was gonna be kinda proud or snooty perhaps something closer to Louise from Zero no Tsukaima (or maybe it's because of those hair drills that can pierce the heavens that made me think that). Instead she turned out to be a happy go lucky airhead and while I'm surprised I actually quite like her, even her split personality is not quite what I expected.
Nov 19, 2018 1:56 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'm fine with Launch 2018! :U No but honestly, Akira Toriyama just straight up forgetting that Launch existed is enough to have the concept revisited a little (not that it hasn't been done elsewhere). But anyway, Melie is cute.

Honestly, first episode, I wasn't too pumped about Radiant. I feel like second episode and onward has made everything a bit more interesting.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 18, 2019 2:42 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really looks like a show for kids, but I enjoy it anyway.
So they introduced a new character and i think she might be the best characters of this anime, she's very cute !
Sep 2, 2020 12:53 PM

Jul 2015
Wholesome to see Seth making some friends while captured (three days after leaving Alma...). Doc seems like the person who piggybags of sorcerers work, Melie an sweet airhead/crazy mad witch girl and mr Boobrie just a pet with a fancy name.

May 7, 2021 5:14 PM
Dec 2018
haganedonciii said:
I really need that hope for the next episode (and the whole series), because I'm the one who's feeling really embarrased about this pack of comedy-shit....
the only good thing was Melie personality-change.
but ofcourse they need some f.ing annoying pet, they couldn't get free without it -_-

Hey atleast the pet has plot relevance
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Radiant Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

33 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

37 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 5, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

29 by dark_spirit010 »»
Mar 12, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2018

71 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

66 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 24, 2023 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.