Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2018 1:13 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Somewhat interesting watch. I liked the mysterious odd vibe from the episode and the syndrome actually seems a lot more interesting than what I initially imagined from the synopsis. Sakuta’s and his sister’s case has piqued my curiosity, so I’m looking forward to seeing more explanation on that on a later note. Who would’ve thought the Bunny girl appearance was actually for a relatively fine reason, to some mundane extent? Op seemed catchy enough too, and likewise with the ED that played in the end.

Can’t say for sure at the moment, but I’ll probably be keeping up with this show.
_MushiRock11_Oct 3, 2018 7:46 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 3, 2018 1:33 PM

Sep 2016
You should ignore the cover and title of this anime because it's completely unrelated and just a clickbait.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 3, 2018 1:36 PM
Sep 2018
I'm liking the mystery aspect behind the show but I don't know much of what's going on so far. Otherwise a pretty interesting first episode and looking forward to next week's.
Oct 3, 2018 1:40 PM

Mar 2016
I guess it's to be expected that a show like this has a tedious first episode. Has promise I guess, as long as it doesn't continue to overexplain its premise and concept which was immediately understandable.
Oct 3, 2018 1:45 PM

Sep 2017
Looks better than I expected, given that I was expecting a typical LN adaptation.
It's somewhat impressive that they drew every passers-by with such distinctive features (yet the CG movement is still awkward.)
But the lackluster background art irritates me a bit.
Oct 3, 2018 1:45 PM
Jul 2014
That ending... don't tell me this is gonna have a sad ending.
Oct 3, 2018 1:50 PM

Dec 2008
Unleashed_SM said:
That ending... don't tell me this is gonna have a sad ending.

That was my first reaction after seeing it, it'd be pretty heavy-handed way of dealing with the matter, maybe creators try to double-cross audience's expectations.
Oct 3, 2018 1:56 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty nice first episode. Ngl based on the synopsis and such it seemed like the MC was just gonna be a beta cuck, but I actually enjoy him and his sense of humor.

Really liked the OST too. Judging by it seems it's gonna be more of an atmospheric approach rather than a light-hearted rom-com
Oct 3, 2018 2:37 PM

Jul 2017
Rundown:

Pros:
- Seems to have a high production value. That's always nice.
- Main character isn't quite as cliche as other MCs. He has some witty lines.
- The mystery has been established and set up nicely.
- Overall, it has a good premise.
Cons:
- Could do without the scene with the little sister in the beginning. Otherwise though, she's fine.
- I feel like we really didn't need to put in 2 additional characters at the very end of the episodes. Could have been saved for Episode 2.
- I don't think I heard any background music, at all. Granted, not every scene needs it, but something would be nice. (Maybe there was some, but I just didn't hear it.)
- The opening, while not bad, isn't all that memorable.

Overall, it seems like a good show. It seems to be aiming for a high school teenage mystery. Reminds me of an (inferior) Hyouka with sci-fi elements.
Episode 1: 7.7/10
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Oct 3, 2018 2:45 PM

May 2017
Another recent anime that I seem to like a lot more than everyone else, haha. I really like the couple's banter, I find it more relatable than something very pun and reference heavy like Bakemonogatari. You can all accuse me of shit taste now, but I mean it. Even if you speak Japanese enough to truly understand all the dialogue in Bakemonogatari, a show that I do enjoy by the way, the fact is that no one really talks like that and it can become a little exhausting, as everyone makes constant verbal detours just for the sake of being witty. Sometimes, I like to enjoy some honest, believable (supernatural plot conceits aside) conversation with a sprinkle of wry humor.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Oct 3, 2018 2:49 PM

Jan 2016
And here I thought that this was going to be the trashy fanservice heavy romance of the season, what a miss leading title and trailer.

I'm positively surprised great first episode. The only thing I found weird was that no soundtrack caught my attention, it's like the music was non-existent
Reminds me of Oregairu, which is one of my favorite of all time
Oct 3, 2018 2:55 PM
Mar 2017
Quite interesting this first episode, manages to call my curiosity.
Sakuta managed to give an air of mystery to this first episode with his narration.
I did not expect to see the Bunny girl in the first few minutes, the bunny costume looks great in Mai. I really liked Mai, her character and personality, the chemistry between her and Sakuta pleases me, maybe because he can see her when nobody else can do it.
The puberty syndrome call my curiosity, to know these three first cases, the one of Kaede, Sakuta and Mai, I am curious about other type of cases of this syndrome, Kaede´s case make me feel bad for her.
The classmate of Sakuta, the girl in glasses and lab coat I liked her design and personality and i want to see her more.
The last moments of the episode scared me for a second, I thought Mai had disappeared, but Ufff ... thank goodness that did not happen, but this incident gives me indications that Mai will disappear in the distant future (or near, I hope not)

PS: I'm curious about this Shoko that mentioned in the episode, will it be some girlfriend or girl who Sakuta liked ?
Oct 3, 2018 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
Idk why, but I liked it. But to be safe, I'll wait for at least 2-3 more eps
Oct 3, 2018 3:03 PM

Aug 2017
The first episode was weird. We have many mysteries to solve: Sakuta's incident, Kaede's wounds and Mai's invisibility.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 3, 2018 3:24 PM

Feb 2015
Solid if unspectacular start. The set up is sort of interesting? Shame that character designs are bland but they seem likable personality wise from what I can tell so far.
Oct 3, 2018 3:30 PM
Aug 2018
Where did everyone watch episode 1? I can’t seem to find it.
Oct 3, 2018 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
So basically if I had to demotivate this premiere with in one short phrase, it would be this: The Poor Man's Monogatari series. Rather underwhelming for a start in my eyes.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 3, 2018 3:34 PM

Jul 2017
First episode was good. I really enjoyed it. It isn't anywhere near perfect, but there is potential here.

I like the art too, which is something special for CloverWorks, who butchered Persona 5's art badly.
Oct 3, 2018 3:39 PM

Feb 2015
FireFistYK said:
And here I thought that this was going to be the trashy fanservice heavy romance of the season, what a miss leading title and trailer.

I'm positively surprised great first episode. The only thing I found weird was that no soundtrack caught my attention, it's like the music was non-existent
Reminds me of Oregairu, which is one of my favorite of all time

I'm pretty sure I noticed music, but it was mostly like ambient atmospheric type stuff.

But yeah, good shit. It would be nice if the visuals were a bit more interesting considering how dialogue heavy everything is, but I'll roll with it.
Oct 3, 2018 3:47 PM

Jul 2014
the story is good enough to keep me watching
the op song is too good
Oct 3, 2018 3:50 PM

Nov 2011
If this anime is going to be anything like this first episode...holy shit we're in for one hell of a ride. I thought this was one of the strongest first episodes of an anime I have seen in a while. Holy crap I really enjoyed it from beginning to end. The opening was really catchy and if that was the ending theme playing and not an insert song...<333 Jeeze Amazing.

I am really intrigued by Sakuta and how he got them Scars.

It started off with a SNAFU feel (thanks Brain base) and even had the little sister as well, but once they showed what happened to the sister and whats going on with Mai...damn man this show is goign to get deep and I am on board.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 3, 2018 3:51 PM

Mar 2017
Wow. It was pretty good. So far I'm really liking the MC's personality. Other characters seems interesting too. Animation was nice and the musics are well suited for this show. I'll be expecting great things.
Oct 3, 2018 4:08 PM

Jan 2018
watched this by curiosity. Had already heard about it from anitubers. Seen the first episode i think this could turn out good. It has a good vibe and slight mystery for a romcom. Animation was good except the 3D background characters, they thought no one would notice.
Oct 3, 2018 4:31 PM
Aug 2018
This one looks good, and the foreshadowing at the beginning intrigued me quite a bit. I’m looking forward to see where this goes, but I can kinda see it ending in a tragedy. I hope I’m wrong on that. So far it’s caught my interest and we’ll see how it goes from here on out.
Oct 3, 2018 4:37 PM

Jul 2017
This was a really good first episode. The mystery of the Puberty Syndrome intrigued me a lot and I want to know more.

EDIT: Changed my opinion of the OP. The OP's now stuck in my head... Really liking it now~ Can't talk about ED since I haven't seen or heard more of it.

Sakuta is quite a fun MC. He's already making me laugh with his words and actions. I really like his interactions with Mai, to the point that it didn't went stale. Mai is quite an interesting character. Though I need to watch more episodes so I can have a full understanding of her.

Who is this 'Shoko' people keep mentioning to Sakuta? Have to wait for the next episode then.

I heard about the bruises the little sister had because of the syndrome from fans who have read the LN but I didn't know it was that bad. I feel bad for her. I didn't expect Sakuta to have it as well.

People not being able to see Mai saddens me. Especially the fact that she can't buy any food because of it. So glad Sakuta went ahead and bought food for her.

So called the 'bunny girl outfit appearing in one scene only'. I mean, this is more of a 'Comedy, School, Romance, Mystery' kind of thing anyway. Sorry, ecchi fans~

Definitely going to watch this till the end. Hope this and the movie won't disappoint me~

EDIT: Favorite scene of the episode has to be when Mai is poking on Sakuta's scar and he felt erotic, to the point where she starts pinching him really hard~!
Mikura39Oct 7, 2018 9:06 PM

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Oct 3, 2018 4:38 PM
Apr 2016
Gives off some oregairu x monogatari vibe. Nice
Oct 3, 2018 4:42 PM
Jan 2018
Did a pretty good job of establishing the characters, I read the source material so of course I'm gonna be a bit biased and a little harsher but that was good so far.
Oct 3, 2018 4:44 PM

May 2015
Decent start, and honestly one of the shows I've been looking forward to this season. Hopefully it won't disappoint, since the source material itself is pretty interesting and intriguing.

Oct 3, 2018 4:46 PM

Mar 2015
That was pretty good. Both main characters not freaking out with over the top reactions is a nice breath of fresh air in a high school romance story.
The sword that takes life gives life
Oct 3, 2018 4:50 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The look and feel of the show gave me Oregairu vibes but with a twist of supernatural aspects added in and I loved it

The two leads were great, his two friends are likable and the little sister is pretty cute....This whole Adolescence Syndrome thing is kinda weird but its weird in a good way, and I'm super intrigued to see where they take this phenomenon

Great first episode (Also, I'm shipping our two leads so hard lol)
Oct 3, 2018 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
That was quite the pleasant surprise. From the synopsis I expected an echii fanservice anime with little substance. Let's hope it keeps up the quality through out the rest of its run.
Oct 3, 2018 5:06 PM

Jun 2016
Ohhh man, i was waiting for this anime and its first episode was even better than i expected. I already love the main characters chemistry, and their personalities are great too.
Oct 3, 2018 5:20 PM

Sep 2018
I think the idea behind this anime is really interesting, and I’m definitely curious and will watch the next episode. There’s not really anything bad about this anime that I can think of, but it’s definitly not something that strongly grabs my attention. I like the characters so far, they’re pretty unique.

But an invisible bunny girl just walkin around? sounds pretty cool to me. interested to see where this goes.
Oct 3, 2018 5:24 PM

Jun 2017
Well, that was dry and boring... What's the point in animating this if they're just going to walk and talk for the whole episode and not do anything interesting? At least with monogatari they change up the perspective and things, but here it was just the same boring crap, and low budget crap at that. I'll give it 3 episodes but I'm thinking this will have the same problems as Sakurada Reset.
Oct 3, 2018 5:38 PM

Aug 2018
Intro song sounded nice.

So we're suposed to forget we have seen a bunnny girl, huh? Oh boy, Sakurajima-senpai, you tease. I like you already. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Joke's aside, I like Mai Sakurajima. Understandable charather. I'm sure you would get sick of everytime people are fangirling over you. I also like the male main charather because I like his attitude. So far he's not cringy like most male main charathers are.

Iether way, first episode was good. The whole "Adolescence Syndrome" thing is wierd and it's also wierd why people are ignoring Bunnygirl-San (that's her nickname for me now, since she don't want to be called 'senpai'') is if she's a ghost, but we'll find out I guess? Little sister is cute too with her bear outfit.

Can I say I enjoyed the first episode? Yes. Let's hope it keeps that way. Looking forward for the second episode of Bunnygirl-senpai Z!
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Oct 3, 2018 5:42 PM

Feb 2018
very interesting ...
i love how he picked up the bun for his bunny bae

do your best future me??
time travel?
i love time travel

this is gona be gooood !!

and his imouto is soo kawaii
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2018 5:44 PM

Dec 2014
Surprisingly really good.

Setting is quite intriguing especially with the whole Adolescence syndrome stuff. The dialogue is both intriguing and kinda fun at the same time and the characters are great. Already took a liking to both Sakuta and Mai, Kaede is cute and the science girl at the end was cute too. Well well well. XD

Definitely looking forward to seeing how this progresses, I'm not even sure what the story is gonna be like from the first episode but it has me interested.

The parts where Sakuta was moaning when Mai was trying to touch his scar had me laughing. XD
Oct 3, 2018 6:07 PM

Apr 2012
Well, I liked the first episode, so I partially regained my trust in CloverWorks. Supernatural elements are somewhat distracting, but in general I like the similar focus on the dialogues like in Oregairu or Saekano of the same author.

In the end, it reminded me so much of the adaptations of classic school LN, that I'm with you.

Oct 3, 2018 6:27 PM

Jan 2011
hard to shake off the similarities of Oregairu with a added mix of monogatari (or Sakurada Reset. ) , having said that i enjoyed it seems interesting, no idea where it's gonna go besides other girls will also have supernatural abilities

hoping it turns out good really don't want another Classroom of eite's case where MC is Mr perfect kun

OP is great and that cover art is doing this a disservice

katsu044Oct 3, 2018 6:30 PM
Oct 3, 2018 6:30 PM

Jun 2008
Much better first episode than I was expecting. Too bad it has a brocon character. I'm so tired of those.
Oct 3, 2018 6:31 PM

Dec 2013
A weird first episode. Although it does make me want to see more.
Oct 3, 2018 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
Hmm, interdasting
Oct 3, 2018 6:40 PM
Nov 2017
Attitude feels like 'classroom of the elite'
Oct 3, 2018 6:56 PM
Feb 2012
same blandness as Oregairu
you guys are going to eat this crap up
Oct 3, 2018 7:03 PM

Jun 2017
Tokoya said:
The look and feel of the show gave me Oregairu vibes but with a twist of supernatural aspects added in and I loved it

The two leads were great, his two friends are likable and the little sister is pretty cute....This whole Adolescence Syndrome thing is kinda weird but its weird in a good way, and I'm super intrigued to see where they take this phenomenon

Great first episode (Also, I'm shipping our two leads so hard lol)

I totally agree. Sakuta and Mai are a lot like Hachiman and Yukino, just cranked to 200%. Seriously, the "What the fuck is your problem? Are you on your period?" savagery was just wonderful lmao.

Anyway, looking forward to the rest of the show, it definitely piqued my interest.

Mattinator95 said:
this series is a LN written by Hajime Kamoshida

who wrote Just Because! and The Pet Girl of Sakurasou

Shiiit, I knew this "slowness" was familiar, now I am very afraid how this will end because both Just Because! and Sakurasou had a troll ending...

Oct 3, 2018 7:06 PM

Oct 2012
Not a bad debut I'm digging the melancholic high school atmosphere and all the teenage allegory. I do like Kaito Ishikawa's voice acting, and while I have seen some range from him he's (ironically) just doing Kei from Sakurada Reset again.
Oct 3, 2018 7:07 PM

Feb 2009
Gives me clannad vibes like the side story of the girl who disappeared. Now the explanation doesn't really gel but it's still interesting plus I love the art. MC is a dick but at least he's interesting, which is desperately needed (looking at YOU DEMON LORD). Can't wait to keep watching!

Oct 3, 2018 7:15 PM

May 2010
Everyone have a moody face and living in their own happy sugar life, but I guess it's just for first episode.
Oct 3, 2018 7:29 PM

May 2014
I'm downloading the chapter right now but I still have doubts. Please tell me if this is more like a normal romantic comedy with a little weirdness instead of another basic scholar LN trying to be "serious", dramatic and comical in a very bad balance like Oregairu or Classroom of the Elites.
Oct 3, 2018 7:38 PM

May 2018
Oh my god, it is not only has a main girl looks like yukinon. Even how the main boy interact with the bunny senpai is really a little dejavu on how hachiman interact with yukinon.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Today, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.