Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2018 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a really tense episode.

Right off the bat, we got a guy trapped in the hands of a Titan. Once again, we got some important moments featuring Kenny yet he doesn't display his usual bloodthirsty nature. Those flashbacks are definitely important for his character.

A lot of character building for Kenny. His bloody scene when resting at the tree felt like he knew this moment was going to eventually come some day or later. An unique and peculiar episode. Also, Historia looked like a real queen with her newfound confidence.

Beast Titan is also back!
Sep 23, 2018 9:18 AM

Feb 2017
Kenny's voice actor was great this episode. Kenny's and Levi's backstory was really sad.
Historia looked beautiful on her coronation.

Mysterious Beast Titan is back and Reiner got wrecked by him.
Sep 23, 2018 10:42 AM

Nov 2016
Quite the eventful episode.

Great flashback, Kennny was really a good character and one of the most interesting in this series.

Historia became the queen, there's really no comparison between her from S1 and now.

Also got to see the other 3 titans again, looking forward to the encounter with them.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 23, 2018 11:04 AM

Mar 2013
can't find the episode, should be out by now
Sep 23, 2018 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Kenny's backstory was pretty sad especially his final moments with Levi. I'm assuming that was the titan changing liquid that he handed Levi at the end. Looks like the Ackermann family can indeed resist the brainwashing.

Historia's coronation was really nice and I loved the last part where she went and punched Levi, made me laugh. XD
Levi's gratitude at the end also made me smile.

Beast Titan dude appears and it looks like he totally wrecked Reiner, for some reason I thought he was Eren's father for a second but then I remembered that Eren already ate his father.
Sep 23, 2018 11:33 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
Time for the next ark of the story. seems like reiner and bertholdt were trying to get annie back bc of what armin told bertholdt way back in season 2. Also looks like we will fight in eran's home town for what the key unlocks.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 23, 2018 11:33 AM

Oct 2017
Great episode! I loved seeing Kenny's backstory and the Beast Titan beating Reiner animated! RIP Kenny. I enjoyed your character.
Sep 23, 2018 11:34 AM
Apr 2013

I'm calling it.
Sep 23, 2018 11:36 AM

Oct 2014
Doesn't the Ape Titan guy remind anyone else of Erwin's father?

Also, Kenny gets no sympathy from me. People seem to forget he literally blasted Nifa's head point-blank from behind, and almost killed Levi the same way.
Sep 23, 2018 11:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Uri's reaction to Kenny's family name was interesting. So thats how Kenny become a follower of Reiss and also how he met Levi. Seeing Kenny's past and inner thoughts was pretty insightful. At least in death he realized the folly of his crimes. Historia's crowning was beautiful though. Its nice that the publicity she got from taking her father out being useful here. The ending sure was interesting. Looks like the titan infiltrators and the beast titan are back. Pretty tense episode that revealed quite a lot on Kenny.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2018 11:44 AM

Aug 2013
So sad that Kenny died ;( I can’t wait for the next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2018 11:45 AM
Sep 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode again.
for some reason I thought he was Eren's father for a second but then I remembered that Eren already ate his father.
LOL even I thought that he was erens father.all that beard and glass confused me a lot
Sep 23, 2018 11:54 AM

Apr 2014
Everyone had to be drunk on something to keep pushing on. Everyone is a slave to something. That is deep and relatable. Everyone has a driven motive to keep moving or pushing on in life.
Sep 23, 2018 11:57 AM

Mar 2017
OMG they killed Kenny!

Good episode. Dude had it coming to him.
Sep 23, 2018 12:00 PM

May 2017
amazing episode. This ending !!! AHDHIUJAFDHI IT BEGINS!!!!! the madness begins
shayed__Sep 23, 2018 12:05 PM
Sep 23, 2018 12:06 PM

Aug 2018
Aalve said:

I'm calling it.

All I'm saying is that he could indeed be related to someone we know... ;)

Apart from that, good episode! Kenny is still a fucking douchebag for killing Nifa so I'm not too guilty on relishing his demise.

And so it begins....the Heartbreak Arc. Get your handkerchiefs ready, lads and lasses!
Sep 23, 2018 12:07 PM
Apr 2018
Mikasa with the smirkle after Levi shrugged off Historia's punch, lol.

Lots of backstory and we even got to see the Beast Titan (and Reiner owned by him)!
Aalve said:

I'm calling it.

Uhm, I'm not sure about that: in my opinion it has to be someone who is not familar with or doesn't know anyhting about a soldier's equipment because, iirc, past season, the Beast Titan and a bunch of other titans killed someone from the Survey Corps and the BT took off his maneuver equipment and started to analyse it as if he had never seen one (don't quite remember the scene tho).
Sep 23, 2018 12:23 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode. Was actually tearing up after Kenny's death in anticipation of that small Levi laugh. I believe this is his first ever smile in the series
Sep 23, 2018 12:23 PM

Jan 2009
RIP Kenny at least you learn that even the King you followed is a slave of his ideals too just like everybody else as you claim

and Historia is now officially the queen

damn the next arc will be full of Titan action finally
Sep 23, 2018 12:29 PM

Jun 2009
awesome finnally the past of levi is shown was really sad the last moments of kenny
10/10 cant wait for more

hopefully a new op/ed comes too
Sep 23, 2018 12:30 PM
Apr 2018
OMG they killed Kenny! You bastards!
also: "Beast Titan makes a full body reveal, Gone Wrong Right"

More seriously, Kenny actually manage to makes me tears.
104th squad being shocked/terrified to see Levi smile was priceless, also: ALL HAIL QUEEN HISTORIA!!

And this conclude the Uprising arc, it was shorter than I expected it to be (13-14 episodes) with a lot of (not so necessary) content being cut or simplified but overall I really liked how they adapted it and the nice littles additions like "Levi vs Kenny in the cristal cave" were welcomes.
Really looking for the next arc and the upcoming shitstorms.
Manaarii_0Sep 23, 2018 12:42 PM
Sep 23, 2018 12:32 PM

Jan 2013
Great end to an awesome season.
Sep 23, 2018 12:33 PM

Apr 2015
RIP Kenny, I really liked him. He's so badass and to think he actually was the uncle of Levi.
Historia is crowned the new Queen.

Seems Reiner and the Beast Titan had a brawl and Reiner lost badly! Can't wait for more...

bingstar85 said:
OMG they killed Kenny!

I knew atleast someone was gonna say this XD
Sep 23, 2018 12:35 PM

Mar 2016
Kenny's death scene is still quite painful. He died right after Levi realised he was his only family.

Was the child Levi voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi too? His voice sounded really different, and I wasn't able to tell.

I was praying for the crowning scene and the punch scene to be included in this episode, and that wish was granted. (Although, it was slightly changed.)

I didn't expect to see the last scene in this episode. Thought it would be shown in the next one.

Finally, we get to see Grisha's past in the next episode. Can't wait!!
FuMomo-kunSep 23, 2018 12:43 PM
Sep 23, 2018 12:38 PM

Oct 2014
FuMomo-kun said:
Kenny's death scene is still quite painful. He died right after Levi realised he was his only family.

Was the child Levi voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi too? His voice sounded really different, and I wasn't able to tell.

I was praying for the crowning scene and the punch scene to be included in this episode, and that wish was granted. (Although, it was slightly changed.)

I didn't expect to see the last scene in this episode. Thought it would be shown in the next one.

You just included 2 somewhat big spoilers on this message, use the [spoiler ] box please, not all of us have read the manga!
Sep 23, 2018 12:39 PM

Sep 2014
Animation was really bad or it was just me?
Sep 23, 2018 12:39 PM

Mar 2016
Rest in peace, Kenny
Sep 23, 2018 12:42 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Still very impressed in how well they're handling the adaptation. Yes, they take shortcuts with the animation far too often, but the quality of the art is consistently high and they don't make the mistake of messing with the story.
I love reading some of the theories from anime-only consumers. Some of it makes more bloody sense than what we actually are going through now in the manga! :-)
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 23, 2018 12:43 PM
Jan 2016
R.I.P Kenny, after all you were a good character, nice to see Levi's and Kenny's backstory, they showed Kenny talking to his father and i suspected that Kenny could be Levi's uncle, they really had a sad backstory, i thought he would use injection for became a titan, but Kenny really impressed me!

Btw, now i'm curious to see how Mikasa are related to Leve and Kenny!

Historia is officialy the queen, she looks nice in coroation! I loved the part where Historia followed Mikasa's advice, and she went punched Levi! Didn't expect Levi to thank and make a smile! It really made me smile!

Las part didn't expect, for sure, Reiner was defeated by Beast titan! He looks familiar!

Seems last episode we will know more about Eren's father! Hyped to see!
Sep 23, 2018 12:45 PM
Jan 2018
Does anybody know the name of the soundtrack they used when Uri was getting eaten by Frieda ?
Sep 23, 2018 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
LEVI SMILED HJVGFFUUYFUFYGBYF&HCYOG I CANNOT-
Sep 23, 2018 12:47 PM

Mar 2016
ShiroiKamui said:
FuMomo-kun said:

You just included 2 somewhat big spoilers on this message, use the [spoiler ] box please, not all of us have read the manga!

Okay, done!!
Though, the part about Grisha's past isn't a spoiler. It was in the preview at the end of the episode.
And, the part about the syringe also wasn't a spoiler, so don't worry!
Sep 23, 2018 12:48 PM

Jan 2009
0x5809 said:
Animation was really bad or it was just me?

this whole season have average to bad animation quality and it was suspected earlier to be this way by some people in the forums since production schedule seems tight
Sep 23, 2018 12:51 PM

Oct 2014
FuMomo-kun said:
ShiroiKamui said:

Okay, done!!

Ah it's okay, I was just giving you a reminder because a lot of people forget and make spoilers without meaning to xD But it can ruin the series for someone who never read the manga, and that's why they made the [spoiler] box.
Sep 23, 2018 12:55 PM

Apr 2013
So we get the whole Kenny backstory which had plenty of the first king in it as well before he finally ripped. Highlight was the end of the episode for me though, I noticed in season 2 that Reiner and Bertholt were quite scared of the beast titan. Guess we know now why, he seems to be their superior in a way and he's even stronger than Reiner :o
Sep 23, 2018 1:08 PM

Sep 2014
Kenny's past and the way he met Levi along with Ackerman name's purpose were pretty intriguing. RIP Kenny. Welp, Beast Titan fodderized Reiner. That guy based on appearance must be related to Eren somehow and the Yaeger name in general. The resemblance is obvious with Eren's father.
Sep 23, 2018 1:19 PM

Jul 2016
Finally get to learn what the deal is with Kenny and Levi. A shame it wasn't until he died. Oh well.

Looks like next episode we'll finally get to learn what's up with Von Hohenheim!
Sep 23, 2018 1:23 PM

Feb 2013
Levi Ackerman,cool.
Wow, Reiner was defeated!
Sep 23, 2018 1:29 PM

Jan 2013
It was kind of weird to see little Levi lol

Great episode!

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Sep 23, 2018 1:31 PM

Jun 2014
I actually expected this arc to last a bit longer, but this length is fine. The arc was a lot better than I remembered, I think that was in large part due to better pacing in anime compared to manga, and not having to wait a month to see what happens next. I'm excited for the next arc.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 23, 2018 1:38 PM

Dec 2015
Nice episode. I like how they didn't skip anything from kenny chapter. Also, Uri's voice actor sounds familiar.
Sep 23, 2018 1:54 PM

Jan 2017
"Your face looks like shit"
-Levi Ackerman, activist
This perfectly summed up Levi.

Damn. This episode was a real tearjerker, giving us so much depth and emotion to Kenny's just because they're ending him.
But hey, we then got appearances of Reiner and bertholdt... And the beast Titan, finally! The next few episodes will get into who the hell beast Titan is hopefully
Sep 23, 2018 1:59 PM
Oct 2017
Aalve said:

I'm calling it.
Nah Man. But if you want the spoiler, I can give it to you. :P
Sep 23, 2018 2:06 PM
Dec 2010
Lelouch0202 said:
Beast Titan dude appears and it looks like he totally wrecked Reiner, for some reason I thought he was Eren's father for a second but then I remembered that Eren already ate his father.

Was it ever mentioned whether Eren's father might have a brother that Eren didn't know about? I feel like he looks way too similar to not be related in some way.
Sep 23, 2018 2:15 PM

Jan 2016
Nietzsche is prominently strong in this episode
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Sep 23, 2018 2:27 PM

Feb 2014
Man, Kenny's backstory was really interesting. Sure Kenny is a bastard, but I've grown to like him as a character overall thanks to this episode. His dying talk to Levi was tense, but sad as well.

On the plus side, Historia's coronation was magnificent, but the moment where she jabbed Levi on his arm was funny. Levi shrugged it off easily, while everyone's reactions to scream in surprise, apart from Mikasa, who was proudly smirking. XD

The end scene caught me by surprise though. Reiner's Armoured titan form lost to the Beat titan, so I'm hoping that they'll show more of this scene next week.
Sep 23, 2018 2:33 PM

Nov 2017
I absolutely loved this episode... this gotta be the best SnK episode so far.
Also it's the first time we saw Levi smile in the main series.

Sep 23, 2018 2:35 PM

Nov 2017
qwertyMrJINX said:
Finally get to learn what the deal is with Kenny and Levi. A shame it wasn't until he died. Oh well.

Looks like next episode we'll finally get to learn what's up with Von Hohenheim!

8 years after Brotherhood... finally

Sep 23, 2018 2:49 PM
Aug 2016
The beginning of the ep seemed a bit unorganised but it turned out good.
Somehow Levi' smile and thank you felt more emotional in the manga but I'm happy to see it regardless. Also can't get over Mikasa's smirk when he gets punched, it keep being funny, lol.

The_Undying said:
And so it begins....the Heartbreak Arc. Get your handkerchiefs ready, lads and lasses!

Hah, I'm getting ready for the outbreak of extreme saltiness 2.0
Sep 23, 2018 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
So that's it for Kenny after all then. I kinda thought maybe he'd turn into a titan and then Levi would capture him to eventually look for a cure or something but I guess not. Still enjoyed his backstory though.
I wonder if that titan juice he gave Levi is going to come into play later on in the story. Or maybe they're just gonna give it to Hange so she can research it.

Historia is also queen now and they actually had her hit Levi, lol. I figured she could do a better job than that considering she tossed Rod on his neck a few episodes back but to be fair she probably wasn't trying too hard. It was definitely some much needed comic relief after Kenny's death scene.
And that final scene though. I guess the plan is to just wait at the hole and wait for Eren to attempt to plug it then capture him. This could very well be 3-4 shifters vs 1 so the new united humanity better come prepared so basically just bring Levi.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

227 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 25, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.