3It was OK
16.0%
2Disliked it
4.5%
1Hated it
2.0%
Average 4.1
200 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 31, 2018 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Rachel manages to survive this long and reunite with Zack again.

Seriously though, the professor looking for her was super creepy. Zack also had to fight some creepy snakes shortly after and one of them tried to kill Rachel. Glad they are at least keeping the violence of this anime for the episode.

Idk how to feel about Rachel and Zack's relationship still. It's just so strange.
Aug 31, 2018 6:36 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Danny is still as obsessed with Rachel's eyes as ever i see. Despite that offer Issac did well to resist it. Zack's room really does match his personality pretty well. So all of the priest's questions was a test huh. Seems this won't be the end of his appraisal though. Rachel and Zack's discussion though was pretty interesting and its nice that Rachel realizes just how little she knows of Zack. But things sure look dire for the pair.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2018 7:40 AM
Sep 2016
Awesome Awesome awesome
Aug 31, 2018 9:02 AM

Apr 2018
Wow, what an easy start to the episode. Somehow after trying to commit suicide after being put on drugs... He can stand up. But what is funny is how Zack is reacting to Rachel`s "cough cough" strange behaviour. I can't what to see what comes to be of Zack and Rachel`s relationship.
Aug 31, 2018 9:29 AM

Oct 2017
I'm pretty sure Zack has been bleeding 10 liters of blood so far
Aug 31, 2018 9:29 AM

Mar 2016
Idk, I thought this episode was great....if only we had Rachel's backstory unveiled, though....it would answer most of our questions
Aug 31, 2018 10:00 AM

Sep 2011
With that amount of blood loss, surely Zack is immortal, isn't he?

Aug 31, 2018 10:29 AM

Feb 2016
Zack didn't lie when he said monsters are hard to kill, he surely has lost a lot of blood and he can still attack with his scythe lol
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 31, 2018 10:35 AM

May 2015
Actually kind of cute to see how Zack tried to write.
Aug 31, 2018 10:36 AM

Jan 2018
Zack is too awesome just let him sleep and he will regenerate I hope he does
Aug 31, 2018 10:38 AM

Jun 2009
honestly zacck would have died already 4 times just cause of bloodloose alone

+ i have a feeeling either he dies or he doesnt keep is promise at the end
Aug 31, 2018 11:37 AM

Apr 2016
The dude has bullets shot both in his arm and leg and still can manage to run and fight.
Aug 31, 2018 11:47 AM

Oct 2011
How tf is Zack still alive lol. That plot armor man.
Aug 31, 2018 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
You sure Zack is human? lmao he should been long gone at this point from blood loss alone

Zack feels like a goner at this point, not sure if he gonna evem make it at the end of this. At least Rachel is acting more like human now.
Aug 31, 2018 1:13 PM

Jun 2014
Seriously how much blood does Zack have, he should be dead by now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 31, 2018 2:02 PM

Feb 2015
This is so damn cringey. Fucking Envy over here with his dumbass snake tongue and edge lord persona. Then miracle man Zack with 20 liters of blood. Dude would have bleed out in 5 minutes with that hole in his gut. And looking at all that blood, he did.
Probably one of the worst shows of the season.
Aug 31, 2018 2:05 PM

Jul 2017
I loved the message at the end "There is no God in this World"
Aug 31, 2018 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
Characters like Zack and Danny not being dead after all this damage they've taken is the biggest problem both the game and anime have imo. I mean Zack should be dead from blood loss alone since his wounds are completely untreated.
But if you can set that part aside, this show is awesome. I just loved that moment when Rachel was back on Zack's floor and the flashback hits. So much has changed since back then when she had no memories and was just running from him. Now it's finally time for her to be judged.

I'm thinking they're probably gonna do 2 more episodes for this floor and then the best part begins. So fucking hyped. Rachel <3
Oh and her VA is awesome. Definitely gonna be keeping an eye on her from now on. That ED. . .
Aug 31, 2018 2:14 PM
Mar 2018
FinNote said:
I loved the message at the end "There is no God in this World"

yeah so deeeeep lol
Aug 31, 2018 3:14 PM

Jan 2017
Zack. How you not dead yet?
Your blood is running like a tap, geez!

This episode gave a lot to think about; how twisted Rachel is; the role of God; individualism, Rachel has always been thinking about herself... Oh yes, and how long people survive for with a slit abdomen. Good stuff.

What is Danny's agenda though, other than the obvious I want her eyes... I think he one thing else he is also thinking about.
Aug 31, 2018 3:43 PM

Jun 2017
Maybe it's just me but Zack could have sort of made that deal with Danny, turning him into a potential ally. I mean, Rachel ain't gonna complain about missing eyes after she gets killed (if she gets killed that is lol).
MomoSinXAug 31, 2018 4:22 PM
Aug 31, 2018 6:44 PM

Jul 2017
Zack somehow survived by the plot armor. How the fuck did he survive all that?

Overall, an okay episode but I'm still really struggling to buy this relationship that Zack and Rachel have. It just feels full of shit, you know?
Aug 31, 2018 6:49 PM

Oct 2015
Kinda expected for Zack's room to be like that, its kinda sad man. I think Zack is in the brink of death, if it was a normal person they would've died by now.

In this episode I think Zack and Rachel are starting to be a little compassionate towards each other, especially Zack who even saved her and gave her his special knife. He even depicted concern when Rachel wanted to walk with that empty gun, I hope they become closer and Zack lives.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 31, 2018 6:52 PM

Mar 2016
Every episode, I am falling more and more in love with this anime.

I hope they explain how Zack is still alive. By now, he should be dead from so many different reasons.

Aug 31, 2018 7:18 PM

Nov 2016
This show started so odd, that it baffles me how much I'm digging Rachels and Zack relationship. The amount of feels is real.

And I was honestly thinking for a moment, that Zack is going to die right there or that Rachel would only find a corpse when she comes back, but that guy is tough as shit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 31, 2018 9:52 PM

Nov 2017
so, that was the reason why danny doesnt dead at the first place...
i dont know about bloodloss but, Zack life expectancy is greater than anyone else....

Kannei said:
honestly zacck would have died already 4 times just cause of bloodloose alone

+ i have a feeeling either he dies or he doesnt keep is promise at the end

Now Loading.....
Aug 31, 2018 10:36 PM
Mar 2018
Haha masterpiece. What a clown...
Aug 31, 2018 11:20 PM

Dec 2016
With the amount of shots we've seen of Zack losing multiple giant puddles of blood this man should really be dead like four times over already lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 1, 2018 3:43 AM

Jun 2013
If Zack survived his wounds then everyone else is still alive.

Rachel is losing her mind at the same time, she isn't because that giant white snake is real.

Zack just bled out enough to feed a village of vampires and boy is still saying, "I'm okay. I'll survive." LOL

Rachel should tend to Zack's wound while he's passed out and sleeping. Just sayin'.
臭い-
Sep 1, 2018 4:31 AM
Jul 2018
how is zack still alive is what i have been wondering for the past three eps
Sep 1, 2018 5:56 AM

Dec 2015
lets just say , for those who may want to drop this, stick until the end, and something good will happen, i played the game, i felt that was what's happening to me, tho i can understand that rachel and zack relationship is weird, rachel is too fixated i guess.... see through the end, last floor is going to be good. and imo so far its been good for me
Sep 1, 2018 7:58 AM
Mar 2010
Well, I have a feeling all of them are already dead or they don't even exist. So if they are already dead Zack being somewhat fine is ok and if they are in Rachel's head - he won't die till she let's him. I watch the show because it is really weird anyway.
Sep 1, 2018 10:31 AM

Jun 2016
Gonna be honest, they could have done this episode a lot better but it still was fine. I really don't think nobuhiko has a good voice for zack, his voice acting is good, but not for the character.. even if zack's speaking calmly you still hear some kind of anger on his voice and it pisses me off.
At this point i just hope they at least don't screw the next floor or the ending, because they were the game's best parts.

Ryuseishun said:
Idk, I thought this episode was great....if only we had Rachel's backstory unveiled, though....it would answer most of our questions

Her backstory is only revealed on the next floor, i'd say more 2 (or 3) episodes until then if they keep this pacing.
Sep 1, 2018 11:12 AM

Mar 2016
AyumiVk said:
Gonna be honest, they could have done this episode a lot better but it still was fine. I really don't think nobuhiko has a good voice for zack, his voice acting is good, but not for the character.. even if zack's speaking calmly you still hear some kind of anger on his voice and it pisses me off.
At this point i just hope they at least don't screw the next floor or the ending, because they were the game's best parts.

Ryuseishun said:

Her backstory is only revealed on the next floor, i'd say more 2 (or 3) episodes until then if they keep this pacing.

I honestly like this kind of pacing, though....it's better than most 12-13 episode shows where a lot of shit gets bumrushed, literally.
Sep 1, 2018 1:46 PM

Mar 2013
I'm glad I'm not the only bothered by the amount of blood Zack already loss ...
At this point we don't care anymore, he can keep on bleeding and we know he won't die.. he'll rest a little, take a nap and be ok
Sep 1, 2018 2:00 PM

Mar 2018
Zack's blood loss is reaching comedy levels... even so, this keeps getting interesting
Sep 1, 2018 2:43 PM

Apr 2015
That blood loss sure is, getting ridiculous at this point... However I don't really mind.

I like where this is going so far and I am curious what Zack and Rachel's relationship will be in the end. Rachel really showed some proper concern for Zack this episode, especially noticeable by the tone of her voice at some points. I actually found that pretty adorable.
Sep 1, 2018 2:44 PM

Sep 2014
lihle808 said:
Kinda expected for Zack's room to be like that, its kinda sad man. I think Zack is in the brink of death, if it was a normal person they would've died by now.

In this episode I think Zack and Rachel are starting to be a little compassionate towards each other, especially Zack who even saved her and gave her his special knife. He even depicted concern when Rachel wanted to walk with that empty gun, I hope they become closer and Zack lives.

Yes. Zack jumped to protect her even tho he was in so much pain and asked her to "not make him force himself so much" with a nice tone in his voice. He still doesnt understand why she cares so much about him because in his entire life he had no one to give a damn about him and it feels "strange".. as well Rachel tries to convince herself that all she wants from Zack is to kill her "because he promised" but when the priest asked her if anybody else would sware to god the same thing she was confused.
I think they start caring about each other but dont understand that this is happening.
Sep 1, 2018 2:54 PM

Sep 2014
Bibimbapski said:
If Zack survived his wounds then everyone else is still alive.

Rachel is losing her mind at the same time, she isn't because that giant white snake is real.

Zack just bled out enough to feed a village of vampires and boy is still saying, "I'm okay. I'll survive." LOL

Rachel should tend to Zack's wound while he's passed out and sleeping. Just sayin'.

Yeah i though that too about Rachel mending his wound while he's passed out but.. again Rachel has 13 years old, she still thinks like a kid and follows Zack's orders even tho she is clearly smarter than him. Also i believe that she doesnt understand that she cares for him, she just repeats for herself that the only reason she is protecting him is because she needs him to kill her.
And yes Zack has like 20 liters of blood in his body.
Sep 1, 2018 3:17 PM

Jun 2016
Ryuseishun said:
I honestly like this kind of pacing, though....it's better than most 12-13 episode shows where a lot of shit gets bumrushed, literally.

I don't mind the pacing that much too, i am just not a big fan of how they are adapting certain moments and cutting another ones.
Sep 1, 2018 3:36 PM

May 2016
Well that was interesting that snake was actually real, can’t believe they made Zack lose all that blood that’s so wrong.
Sep 1, 2018 11:24 PM

Apr 2015
A point I don't like about this is that the characters seem to follow a set linear line, following directions and objectives and etc. without compelling justification behind it. It's natural since it's an adaptation of a RPG Maker pathfinding game, but it doesn't translate well in anime form.

+Okamoto is a unique and capable VA but he's overdoing his shtick here.
LanzSep 1, 2018 11:30 PM
Sep 2, 2018 12:27 AM

Jun 2009
Lanz said:
A point I don't like about this is that the characters seem to follow a set linear line, following directions and objectives and etc. without compelling justification behind it. It's natural since it's an adaptation of a RPG Maker pathfinding game, but it doesn't translate well in anime form.

+Okamoto is a unique and capable VA but he's overdoing his shtick here.

nobuhiko pins zack too 100 percent right i love it this lil crazy talk and behavor reminds me of how he did accelerator
Sep 2, 2018 7:51 AM

Apr 2018
Wow this show is crumbling apart, just like Rachel’s belief in a god.
Minori Chihara <3
Sep 2, 2018 6:26 PM

May 2015
Danny survived thanks to "precautions". Well we'll be seeing him around...

That's a big ass puddle of blood Zack left behind...

"What does it mean to be human?" To feel of course...

Ooh, nice scary snake out of the painting!

Zack is bleeding some more...again...but we all know that crazy people like him don't die by "bleeding out."

A bit of self-doubt for Rachel here. She's loyal to God...but there is no God...but she refuses to believe that...what does she do now?
Sep 2, 2018 11:29 PM
Sep 2017
You two, please cease the fighting. Let's all be nice please thank you good day.

----

So apparently, illusions can also bend the laws of physics. The giant snake just blasted Rachel forward even though the snake doesn't exist as a physical entity.

The blood from the other snake also looks like a stock splatter GIF. What happened to the first episode's blood effects with Danny's fountain spray?

These mistakes make me question the competence of the storyboarders. Other than that, though, the episode was fine but riddled with some questionable choices.

2/5.
CheeseskatesSep 2, 2018 11:40 PM
Sep 3, 2018 4:04 AM

Oct 2008
Rachel is really getting worked-up this episode! especially when it's all about Zack!
4/5.

Sep 3, 2018 10:31 PM
Jun 2011
Yautja said:
This is so damn cringey. Fucking Envy over here with his dumbass snake tongue and edge lord persona. Then miracle man Zack with 20 liters of blood. Dude would have bleed out in 5 minutes with that hole in his gut. And looking at all that blood, he did.
Probably one of the worst shows of the season.
this is the problematic and worst with both the game and the anime
Sep 3, 2018 10:37 PM
Jun 2011
TheFreycook said:
With the amount of shots we've seen of Zack losing multiple giant puddles of blood this man should really be dead like four times over already lol
the only reason could be that meybe he is immortal
Sep 3, 2018 11:14 PM
Sep 2017
elior1 said:
TheFreycook said:
the only reason could be that meybe he is immortal

Rachel's smiles help Zack regenerate faster. It's why every time Zack is about to keel over, he asks Rachel to show her smile It's also why after Rachel smiled and Zack fell to his side, he started to bleed another thick puddle.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

37 by IceEyes94 »»
59 minutes ago

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2018

166 by Nelelelen »»
Apr 7, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2018

69 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:09 AM

» Is it good or bad?

egosumjohn - Jul 31, 2023

30 by IkaruFox »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 4 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by Waifuspls547 »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.