Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Angels of Death
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 2:23 PM

Dec 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Definitely an interesting first episode, and that ending was pretty strange and intriguing
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 12, 2018 2:07 AM

Jun 2013

I already played the game so I know the story but I was really excited to see it animated. The animation is pretty good and the movement is very fluid. The BGM is pretty good too. I think as an introductory episode, it did a pretty good job. The “please kill me” part could have been delivered better though.

Of course, I love Nobuhiko Okamoto for Zack. His voice is awesome, not gonna lie, he sounds exactly like Bakugou and he didn’t change his voice for this role. I was half expecting Zack to start threatening Deku lol when he does Rin Okumura from Ao no Exorcist, it’s more playful and light and he sounds a little aloof but friendly but Bakugou’s/Zack’s voice just screams psychopath lol

I’m looking forward to more episodes in the future.

臭い-
Aug 16, 2018 12:44 AM

May 2016
Looks enjoyable, Isaac sure is in trouble...
Aug 22, 2018 9:37 PM

Jan 2017
Off to a good start
Aug 26, 2018 12:00 AM

May 2015
Lost in a labyrinth and trying to escape a murderer. Feels like Amnesia. Well this looks fun. I hope it keeps its exploration aspect strong. Go up a level, explore, learn about something, go on the the next level and repeat.

"Kill me" huh...well scythe guy just violated a rule, so I doubt he'll do it. There's something mysterious about that "hospital", and we gotta find out what it is!
Sep 12, 2018 8:48 AM

Dec 2014
well that was something alright… does this have to do with afterlife or something…. I guess there are atleast six floors considering she was in B6 now in B5…
Sep 14, 2018 4:02 AM

Oct 2015
Was looking really good and suddenly went downhill when girl went full emo
Sep 22, 2018 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
I was wondering why that scythe guy was so annoying...
Same VA as Explosive Diarrhea from BnHA. Not surprising.
Sep 24, 2018 3:20 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Tfw you escape from a pscyho only to run into another psycho
Daniel’s right eye creeps me out with those two irises 0_0
CondemneDio said:
I was wondering why that scythe guy was so annoying...
Same VA as Explosive Diarrhea from BnHA. Not surprising.

His screaming is more tolerable than bakucunt’s screaming though
Sep 27, 2018 6:52 PM

Feb 2014
the question is... how the hell that bird was randomly there?
Oct 15, 2018 1:51 PM
Aug 2018
Just don't waste your time like i did
Nov 1, 2018 3:56 PM

May 2013
I've been seeing this anime float around on my IG feed lately, so I thought I'd check it out. Hope it's decently good...?
Nov 5, 2018 3:29 AM

May 2012
Well that sure is quite the start of this series, pretty dark yet quite interesting! Looking forwards to see what this anime will have to offer in term of story!
Jan 31, 2019 11:54 AM

Jun 2011
this is the first Japanese anime that I have the desire to continue watching other than the various Chinese anime over the past 3~4 months. Great start so far. Excited for the scythe guy to team up with the protagonist girl
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 3, 2019 1:06 AM

Feb 2018
Good bye stupid doctors
Jul 5, 2019 6:29 AM

May 2016
There aren't much horror anime left for me to watch and a couple of people I know mentioned this one so I guess that I can ignore the score for now and get this out of the way~ I really like the ominous soundtrack and the concept of having to meet a different nutjob at every floor until she gets to escape. There's kind of a problem with Rachel too since people don't usually look down on animal corpses before stitching them up together again.

Bakugoat's voice actor appears in a lot of anime I watched lately and I really like his angry voice but Scythe Guy's wheezy laughing's more comical than scary to be honest. The pure loli had enough of all of this and gone suicidal but he's far from willing to kill someone who's that willing to die.

Aug 1, 2019 7:03 AM

Jun 2017
I'm actually really impressed by how accurate it is to the game so far. After the first episode, it's probably the best game adaptation I've ever seen. I just hope they keep it up.

The choices for the two main voice actors are really good too. They fit so well!

I'll definitely keep watching.
Mar 8, 2020 5:33 AM
Jun 2013
Like the look and tone of the show and the characters sure are nuts. Though it seems our lead will be revealed to be crazy herself and maybe even killed her parents. Didn't think it would be so in your face with that in the first episode.
Oct 18, 2020 4:15 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Okaaay this was an interesting first episode. I love the bloody look this anime showed it and I really hope they will stick to it.
Also I wonder what happened to her and what this place really is.

Can't wait to watch the next episode

Oct 30, 2020 10:52 AM

Nov 2017
OMG Zack's voice is the same voice as Katsuki Bakugō in Boku no Hero Academia!! That which suits perfectly to the personality of the character!
Dec 30, 2020 2:53 PM

Oct 2020
''Kill me... please''

Well, yeah, same ... after seeing this episode. I didn't have high expectations but this looks like a terrible and edgy show. I hope my first impression is wrong. Zack has a pretty cool character design ngl.

And that poor bird though :(
Jan 28, 2021 9:00 AM
Oct 2019
This bored the heck out of me until the very end.

I absolutely HATE overly exaggerated "soft" female voices in these shows and that's exactly what the main character has. Shinra from Fire Force being the eye guy's voice was fine, but eye guy SUCKED. And what's the deal with them constantly asking this dumb chick if she remembers? Who cares?! Or do they get some sort of bonus points if they make her remember? If not, it's just dumb as hell

A sacrifice? For what? I feel like she's already dead and this is a sort of purgatory/hell. She said she saw a murder? So she saw her parents die? Maybe she even killed them? Idk

Asta from Black Clover doing the scythe guy's voice is pretty cool, though. It works well

**Referring to the English VAs only

4/10 overall until the very end when scythe kills eye and dumb girl asks scythe to kill her, too. Then it improved slightly to a 5/10

I'll watch one more episode to see if it gets any better...
Feb 5, 2021 4:50 PM
Jan 2021
i havent played the game so idk if it's that different but here's what i think. This is a psychological horror anime but it doesnt really present the theme of psychological horror very well. yes the character's personalities are slightly disturbing and i like the concept but something about it just seems so monotone to me. a show like serial lains experiment does an excellent job and portraying the "psychological" aspect of the show; with harsh shading, lots of zoom ins and ringing in the background. So, i feel like this has a lot of potential, it's just that they could have emphasized a few things more to make it even better than it already is. nonetheless im interested
Mar 28, 2021 3:44 PM
Mar 2021
I liked the first episode, it makes me excited for the rest of the series. I think that as we go up the floors we are going to see more people who are important in Rachel's life. Just a theory I have, since Danny said that Rachel's parents are in hell, maybe the people that she saw die were her parents, and Zack could potentially be the person who killed them. But, I am intrigued to see how Zack and Rachel's relationship is going to develop since it's obvious he won't kill her because he takes joy out of seeing people suffer and scared before they die.
Jun 11, 2021 6:21 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This had all the appearances of being based on a game. Apparently by the above posts ....... it is based on a game. Hopefully, the second episode picks up the pace just a touch. Crazy Doc was kind of slow paced.
Jun 13, 2021 8:11 AM

Jun 2021
It has a average rating and tbh didn't quite get the plot so Should I watch this ?
Jun 23, 2021 7:47 PM
Jun 2021
jajajajjagood very
Oct 1, 2021 10:47 PM
Sep 2020
Ayy, I've been wanting to watch this series for 2 years now so I'm glad I was able to start it during the spooky season πŸŽƒ.

I honestly didn't expect this be that bloody already. Idk from the low rating, I kinda expected it to be a cheesier horror series. I mean, it's alright so far. Glad to have one of my favorite VAs featured so at least that's one thing I already enjoy about this series :D
Jul 14, 2022 3:16 AM

Jan 2020
I swear the title was different when I first started to watch it. I do remember parts of this though.

Basically, everyone has a problem. So far, considering it's a survival game, it's left much to be desired. Either way I'll finish it this time around.

Not a fan of that ED.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 8, 2022 12:30 PM
Nov 2021
Mesmo não entendendo quase nada, conseguiu me prender. E teve várias cenas tensas que arrepia até a espinha. Talvez até arepiasse mais se eu n tivesse sabendo de algumas coisas.
Jan 15, 2023 2:29 AM
Jan 2023
I love it 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Jan 15, 2023 2:33 AM
Jan 2023
Zack is so cool oh my god I am fall in love with him 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍
Jan 15, 2023 2:35 AM
Jan 2023
This is amazing anime horror commedy love Cera a full of life in this anime
Apr 14, 2023 8:49 PM
Apr 2023
Muita informação sem explicação, muito confuso pra ser um primeiro episodio, ele não prende atenção, tem que se esforçar pra continuar assistindo mas vale a pena pelos proximos episodios
Jul 17, 2023 8:15 AM
Jul 2023
É realmente nostálgico ver esse anime amo a atmosfera dele e os personagens
Dec 25, 2023 4:09 PM
May 2021
anime game rpgmaker fav
Mar 22, 6:09 PM
Jul 2022
It's a great show to whatch. For the ones who likes indie games vibe and are not looking for answers. Isaac is the best character here. NO one here is normal. Everybody is psychopath or sociopath. Good luck!
3 hours ago
Feb 2021
Reply to Tarotist
Lost in a labyrinth and trying to escape a murderer. Feels like Amnesia. Well this looks fun. I hope it keeps its exploration aspect strong. Go up a level, explore, learn about something, go on the the next level and repeat.

"Kill me" huh...well scythe guy just violated a rule, so I doubt he'll do it. There's something mysterious about that "hospital", and we gotta find out what it is!
@Tarotist Feels like Below, more like.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2018

166 by Nelelelen »»
Apr 7, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2018

69 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:09 AM

» Is it good or bad?

egosumjohn - Jul 31, 2023

30 by IkaruFox »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 4 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by Waifuspls547 »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:22 AM

» How the tf ?

Bruh-__- - Feb 21, 2022

33 by Neostorm-X »»
Mar 8, 2023 11:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.