Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2018 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A hell of a battle this episode.

Honestly, that Kogane woman impressed me more than I had expected. Besides that, Souya's personality was on fire this episode too. That punch to the face looked real! I wasn't a fan of this guy before but he really showed a lot in that fight.

Well done Souya.
Aug 12, 2018 8:24 AM

Dec 2013
That was an intense final battle! I loved Souya’s clog punch at the end.

It’s hard to believe that we are only halfway through. I have no idea what’s going to happen in his second half.

Are more dragon reincarnation similar to Takashi going to start showing up? Are still going to have the same OP/ED? Are we going to get introduced to new characters or are we will going to have the same case? I really have no idea but I’m looking forward to finding out.
Aug 12, 2018 8:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy fucking shit, that was so fucking hype.

The sound effects, music and animation made this look insanely epic.

Souya is remarkable for his determination, wow. What a kid.

Now what?
Aug 12, 2018 12:02 PM

Jul 2017
Epic stuff and the bit at the end was quite moving, Souya was obviously a little shocked that Takashi died.

As for what's next Sirius is the brightest star in the sky and is also known as the "dog star", so make of that what you will!
Aug 12, 2018 12:12 PM

Feb 2014
D1tchd1gger said:
Epic stuff and the bit at the end was quite moving, Souya was obviously a little shocked that Takashi died.

As for what's next Sirius is the brightest star in the sky and is also known as the "dog star", so make of that what you will!

Probably just means Souya's full backstory, considering that's the name of the planet he's from.
Aug 12, 2018 12:21 PM

Jul 2017
Hitsu said:
D1tchd1gger said:

Probably just means Souya's full backstory, considering that's the name of the planet he's from.

Ha, I obviously wasn't paying enough attention. I do have something stupid like 20 shows on the go this season!
Aug 12, 2018 12:23 PM

Jul 2017
This show is painfully underrated. I absolutely loved this episode and Souya looked fucking badass! I even loved the fast pacing of the fight between Souya and Takashi and the CG animation definitely looked good here.

Aug 12, 2018 12:30 PM
Mar 2017
One word can define this episode: Awesome
Souya is to Reckless, but even like that he defeat the boss of the spiritual warriors
The geta punch was incredible
For some reason i felt sad for the old man

The battle is really over?
I have a feeling this is just one step for the peace
Souya is in peace with himself, his vengence is over (at the moment)
Aug 12, 2018 1:00 PM

Jun 2012
Felt like a finale.
This show does in 6 episodes what most animes can't do in 13 or even 26.
Aug 12, 2018 1:31 PM
Jun 2016
I really want to know whats next, backstory I wouldn't mind, or continuing from here. Give me more!
Aug 12, 2018 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
That was one hell of an episode... Felt very much like a finale. And totally leaves me begging the question, where can it go next?

I also loved how the Sirius cityscape looked a lot like Skaro, from Doctor Who.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Aug 12, 2018 2:47 PM

Mar 2012
This episode was really amazing, the ending actually made me somewhat sad :[
Aug 12, 2018 2:55 PM

Sep 2017
Ok wow, so Kuroi just killed a dude who could have been saved and now he has 6 whole episodes to deal with that.

This series has so many things happen to different people in one episode and instead of feeling rushed it actually gets away with it. I'm amazed by how fast this series can develop its characters and i'm really looking forward to see Souya's evolution.

The big question, now that Souya's revenge is complete is: Now what?
Aug 12, 2018 4:49 PM

Dec 2016
The SFX are way too loud. Other than that, it was a pretty good fight
Aug 12, 2018 5:20 PM

Feb 2016
Holy shit, that was some hype inducing fight. The SFX, Souya's Determination. Wow

That ending tho... what just happened? Clark Kent was defeated and then he turned into dust and vanished. Hmmm, Souya's brother also made an appearance (Or was it just an Illusion from his vengeance?)

So, what's next? what will the Dog do?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Aug 12, 2018 8:02 PM

Aug 2017
LOL. The dog is the enemy in the end or not?

This episode feels like the final battle. That was a strong punch.

Takashi died?? What now?

Funny that my score after the first episode was 4/10 and now is 7/10.

4/5

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 12, 2018 8:23 PM

Feb 2016
Nurguburu said:
LOL. The dog is the enemy in the end or not?

This episode feels like the final battle. That was a strong punch.

Takashi died?? What now?

4/5

According to a certain info a friend of mine shared, it seems like things are going to get more wilder.

Nurguburu said:

Funny that my score after the first episode was 4/10 and now is 7/10.

I know right? this anime has been getting better and better, I'm actually glad I picked it up
~Blackwall
Aug 13, 2018 4:42 AM

Nov 2016
Best episode yet,the action was superb.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 13, 2018 2:43 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Holy shit, that was pretty fucking hype.
Surprised that Takashi died... now what
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 13, 2018 6:24 PM
May 2018
This episode is on fire! Not just souya but also takashi. The ending quite sad.. What will happen to oyaji? Is he gonna avenge his son or just let it go?. Even if he's not his biological son it still painful to see him death like that for a parent.
Aug 13, 2018 7:55 PM

Jun 2015
Each of the robots so far was based on an animal from the chinese zodiac (tiger, rabbit, bull, rooster, monkey, sheep and dragon), so we'll probably see the dog, horse, pig and snake robots in the second half, plus the likely return of the dragon as final boss.
Aug 14, 2018 4:14 AM

May 2016
Wow what a fight! Souya is one determined kid, and the way he deflected the dragon's attack from the town was very impressive. Plus the clog punch at the end was epic!

Man I feel sorry for Souya and Sensei now; they're going to have a really bad hangover tomorrow morning!

The end of the episode felt like a mini finale with Souya having completed his revenge... or has he? I wonder where the series will go now.
Bondrewd did nothing wrong.
Aug 14, 2018 8:36 AM

May 2012
Dropped. I wish if I dropped it sooner

Still no idea what people like about this. No story, none of characters are intersecting, stupid looking enemies and robots, also talking dog ?! LOL I did not like the fighting, it just does not give the same feeling when I watch other action show. I don't even know what character motive for fighting
Even the fighting in low rated anime like Aru Zombie Shoujo no Sainan and Juuni Taisen gave me more feeling than this show
thepathAug 14, 2018 8:39 AM
Aug 14, 2018 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
fantastic episode and that last moment was the most highlight of this episode for me, kind of felt empty vibes seeing as his brother disappear. Overall episode felt like watching finale boss battle yet interesting thing that there are more episodes left and this was just half done.. I have no idea what we will see next..
Aug 14, 2018 10:36 PM
Jun 2014
miguitronik said:
Ok wow, so Kuroi just killed a dude who could have been saved and now he has 6 whole episodes to deal with that.

This series has so many things happen to different people in one episode and instead of feeling rushed it actually gets away with it. I'm amazed by how fast this series can develop its characters and i'm really looking forward to see Souya's evolution.

The big question, now that Souya's revenge is complete is: Now what?

the development of characters you have to thank the writer of the series Mizukami Satoshi-sensei is a master on that, totally recommend his works.

what can the series go after his revenge, well first try to help the senpai and first male friend he has and stop the dog alien/sealing faction for well, trying to seal the earth, some more romantic development, 'cause he's clearly going meganegahara san route... and probably a flashback episode (we need to see how savage were the people from Souya's race)
Aug 14, 2018 11:24 PM
Mar 2015
Souya has helped the Imperialists conquer Earth in the name of revenge. the planet will now be sealed so that it cannot challenge the Imperialist hegemony and will fall back like Japan into a listless pacifism
Aug 15, 2018 1:35 PM

Apr 2012
epic epic geta punch epic epic
Aug 15, 2018 7:54 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was fucking wild, now my question is is where do we go from here storywise?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 15, 2018 10:19 PM
Nov 2007
Planet With: Chasing the Dragon

Aug 16, 2018 1:30 PM

Apr 2014
now that was a great end for the first half, thus far the series has been really nice imo so hoping the second half keeps it up
"one step at a time"
Aug 16, 2018 5:06 PM

Feb 2016
thepath said:
Dropped. I wish if I dropped it sooner

Still no idea what people like about this. No story, none of characters are intersecting, stupid looking enemies and robots, also talking dog ?! LOL I did not like the fighting, it just does not give the same feeling when I watch other action show. I don't even know what character motive for fighting
Even the fighting in low rated anime like Aru Zombie Shoujo no Sainan and Juuni Taisen gave me more feeling than this show

You know it just might be that this isn't your cup of tea, Right? Maybe a very random plot is way too difficult for you to understand, but that doesn't mean it sucks.
~Blackwall
Aug 17, 2018 4:01 AM

Jul 2015
...THAT WAS FREAKING GREAT! Damn I'm glad I decided to watch this anime, this is fun. And that was one hell of a fight and my boy was so dang cool with that Clog Punch.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 17, 2018 11:02 PM

Oct 2008
OH EM GEE!!! EPIC INTENSE EPISODE!
5/5!

Aug 18, 2018 8:12 PM

Sep 2011
This show just exponentially increased in quality with this episode, this was absolutely fantastic and totally leaves me clueless as to where it could go. It also retroactively improves the entire show before it with the way it took so many cliches and seemingly formulaic writing and turning it totally on its head.

I really hope to god the show doesn't drop the ball it has, cause god damn is it speeding towards touchdown now.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 19, 2018 7:30 PM

Mar 2009
Is this Gurren Lagann?
Sep 4, 2018 5:20 PM

Oct 2013
A mid-season finale this good?

Can't wait for what the actual finale is gonna be, fricking epic.
Sep 13, 2018 1:11 AM

Jan 2015
Am i the only one who's sad over "dragon's" death? I mean his intentions were good, he wanted to protect his homeland Earth frm invaders... And to be killed off in such a way and to be treated as a villain. Even his own father and team turned their backs on him... This is way sadder than anything else.

Also i hate MC and his bratty attitude.
Also what's the deal with all the alliens? they just feel like interfering into other world's affairs, because they dont like something? ITS NOT YOUR WORLD v-vermins :v
Sep 16, 2018 5:51 AM

Sep 2016
Yup, gave it its fair shot just now, on prompting that this episode was the kicker. Still just not feeling it. This was definitely the strongest showing that was brought forward so far; the action was impactful, and the characters actually developed slightly. And I get that it has lots of potential, and it can do a lot of different things from this point on. But the only feeling I got by the end of the episode was:

This evening, I also took the pleasure of watching Cencoroll, a film that has been languishing in my Plan To Watch list for YEARS. Both Cencoroll and Planet With are surprisingly similar in both weird/zany factor, as well as intense, action-packed presentation. But I think the fact that Cencoroll was able to pull me into it's character and world in 30 minutes, and Planet With can't do so in three hours, says a lot about the latter, and a lot about the former's narrative strength.

People can like what they like, and tastes are different. But man, I just don't get the hype here at all. It just feels really uninspired and bland to me, as if it's trying really hard to be Gurren Lagann, but with none of the budget or talent. Just a flash in the pan with a lot of ambition.
Oct 21, 2018 7:34 AM

Jan 2009

the analogy there is nice to show what the sealing faction wants

Takashi is like the embodiment of Might Makes Right mentality

but Soya defeated Takashi the dragon now though so what now?

Oct 30, 2018 5:17 PM

May 2012
Damn that was absurdly intense! Almost like a final episode battle if you ask me! Really impressed but with this series only being in the middle I do really wonder what the other episodes will offer! Let's find out next!
Nov 5, 2018 2:43 PM

Feb 2018
that was probably the most intense battle in anime ive ever seen
i am in shock at how amazing it was!!!!

souya hes like shut up!! your distracting me! im fighting now!

best mc ever...hes not afraid to fight people during there ultimate attack..
or 6 vs 1

just the best mc ive ever seen. ever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2021 8:38 AM

Jun 2010
I don't know what to make of this show. The fights especially in this episode were pretty rad. But I just can't really feel or root for the MC. I mean, I get that his planet was destroyed and that he wants vengeance on the dragon. But we're 6 episodes in and since the dragon is gone for all we know - he just goes and pretty much takes it out on a bunch of random people totally unrelated to the target of his vengeance. Most of whom only want to protect their planet. And this vague explanation of them having a similar power/aura is pretty weak of a connection or justification.

Hell, he even killed the guy in this episode. Sure Takashi wasn't an innocent geezer and had definitely a twisted goal/sense of justice. But the MC just comes off as an ass.
AsturaetusMar 11, 2021 8:48 AM
Sep 6, 2022 5:06 PM

Jul 2011
Now, I wonder how the story is going to continue.

I wonder how Takashi was linked to the dragon. I guess he disintegrated because he used up all his dragon energy or something.
Aug 25, 2023 5:38 PM
Jan 2023
heychrisfox said:
Yup, gave it its fair shot just now, on prompting that this episode was the kicker. Still just not feeling it. This was definitely the strongest showing that was brought forward so far; the action was impactful, and the characters actually developed slightly. And I get that it has lots of potential, and it can do a lot of different things from this point on. But the only feeling I got by the end of the episode was:

This evening, I also took the pleasure of watching Cencoroll, a film that has been languishing in my Plan To Watch list for YEARS. Both Cencoroll and Planet With are surprisingly similar in both weird/zany factor, as well as intense, action-packed presentation. But I think the fact that Cencoroll was able to pull me into it's character and world in 30 minutes, and Planet With can't do so in three hours, says a lot about the latter, and a lot about the former's narrative strength.

People can like what they like, and tastes are different. But man, I just don't get the hype here at all. It just feels really uninspired and bland to me, as if it's trying really hard to be Gurren Lagann, but with none of the budget or talent. Just a flash in the pan with a lot of ambition.

You're probably missing a lot due to how the anime has no breathing room. Although it did a good job of making it not feel rushed, I wasn't able to get invested in the characters due to how fast the anime is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planet With Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2018

40 by FreezingKaiju »»
Dec 2, 2023 1:42 AM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

56 by InNeedOfAName »»
Aug 25, 2023 4:55 PM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

19 by Eyth »»
Sep 5, 2022 3:58 PM

Poll: » Planet With Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

29 by epidemia78 »»
Jul 28, 2022 10:50 AM

» The rating

Soulvaki - Aug 26, 2018

40 by vanetz »»
Mar 17, 2020 5:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.