Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2018 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol this episode had some wacky comedy.

The slot machine and Lupin being involved in an experimental-like game is quite strange. It seems the episode really went out to bring out a different style compared to the other episodes although I still find it entertaining enough thanks to Lupin's usual personality.

Lupin was a butt monkey lol
May 8, 2018 11:28 AM

Oct 2009
Hope it gets subbed soon.
May 8, 2018 12:09 PM

Mar 2013
this episode was pretty weird it felt like I was watching a forgotten or lost episode of lupin III from way back in the day. the way lupin refused to crack the safe and everyone started collecting what he owes them was too funny. I laughed at jigen's plan to make lupin dumber only for fujiko to refuse and instead to do it the old fashion way by hitting him in the head.

at least the preview for the next episode looks like it's going back to how it was.

I have an actual question was that true what fujiko said about that fish?
May 8, 2018 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
Operation Make Lupin Dumber! Well this was certainly a weird and wacky pink jacket Lupin outing. I never actually decided if it was supposed to take place in the far past setting of the original pink jacket series or not though. I don't recall seeing any modern computers or cell phones or whatnot, but I may have missed something. Regardless, I guess I'm glad the brothers made out alright, and watching everyone clobber Lupin, or feed him in Goemon's case, to lower his intelligence was humorous. Still, Jigen's initial plan of having Fujiko strip remained the best. Too bad it never happened, but at least Lupin tried in a way only he could. XD Next week, the start of the next arc? That new guy was also in one of the promotional posters iirc so there's a good chance.
May 8, 2018 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
That was all-out entertaining yet weird episode and mostly followed the old episodic style. Makes me to go back watch the old episodes. Really wouldn't mind seeing more like these episode (especially wanting to see some red or green jacket Lupin too) but again surprisingly the next episode is back to continuation of where ep5 left :o (and here is hoping Ami appears sooner or later!).
May 8, 2018 2:06 PM

Jan 2017
It really felt like an old crossover episode, but was still entertaining despite its wackiness.
May 8, 2018 2:27 PM

Apr 2009
This really felt like a pink jacket episode, kinda glad we go back to the blue one next episode though.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 8, 2018 2:55 PM

Sep 2011
Ah yes, the goofy vibe of Part III. It was quite something to see Fujiko, and Jigen bonding over torturing Lupin. The poor guy suffered here, and Goemon didn't even help him. xD I liked the way the dumb brother rooted for Lupin though, he was a nice guy, and fortunately things ended well for him and his brother.

These references to Ashita no Joe though, I loved it.
FayrinSep 11, 2019 8:20 AM
May 8, 2018 3:19 PM

Apr 2012
It was a really nice throw back. Part III fans are probably really happy to finally see something new from this always forgotten part. Lupin and everyone else were pretty goofy, the plot felt like part III, but maybe because the animation was decent, it ended up reminding part II better, in my opinion.
One thing I really liked was how they showed Fujiko and Jigen working together. We don't get to see much of this, even though their dynamics is so interesting. Like, they don't really trust each other, but can work together for the sake of some heist or/and when Lupin needs them to do so.
I thought it was really fun how the idea of Fujiko getting naked popped all the time. Was this a way they found to make fun of the fact that Fujiko would appear naked ALL. THE. TIME. in part III? And they even ended up making her soooo cute this episode, the total opposite.
I also enjoyed Goemon's parts. Even though he had so little screen time, he was pretty cute and part III like. Such a precious samurai <3
Loved that they showed Jigen's Play Bohz magazine. Thank you u-u

One thing I really missed in this episode was some sort of reference to the opening Sexy Adventure. I really wanted to listen a new version of it or the music itself, but well... Also, at first I was excited with the Cagliostro reference, but then I felt it wasn't really necessary..? It would have been better if they had done a reference to something from Pink jacket. Idk, maybe something from the movie or something iconic from one of the 50 episodes (they could have showed that scene with Lupin and Fujiko kissing while falling from the sky with a parachute, since Fujicakes was so cute this ep).

Overall, it was nice to watch, even though I think it could have been better. Next episode we will go back to Blue jacket and we will finally see something from Albert. I'm pretty excited, can't wait to see more of the main plot.
May 8, 2018 4:55 PM

Mar 2016
This was amazing. A return to the style of what is one of my favorite Lupin series (Part III), even if it was a one-off is a joy. Man does Lupin ever look great in the pink jacket, and getting to see the green jacket back for a moment was a nice surprise too.

As much as I love this series so far, I really hope that the inevitable part 6 takes an approach like this episode with the one-off stories.
May 8, 2018 5:44 PM

Jan 2009
this episode is like those funny old classic Lupin shows, love it
May 8, 2018 6:51 PM

Oct 2012
Now this feels like Lupin
May 8, 2018 7:35 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Lmao this was a pretty great episode. It's just lowkey, wacky comedy all around with Lupin trying to open a safe by being dumb. Lol'd at Jigen and Fujiko's way of helping by hurting the poor guy.
May 9, 2018 1:46 AM

Jul 2016
Probably my least favourite of the episodes so far.

Luckily now a two parter.
May 9, 2018 3:44 AM
May 2013
interesting idea to do a throwback but pretty poorly executed. not very funny or clever. felt more like a throwaway
May 9, 2018 4:27 AM

Jul 2016
I don't know if the reference to Rikiishi from Ashita no Joe makes me happy or sad... Maybe a mix of both.

This time we get a laid-back episode to contrast with the previous more serious ones. The episode was pretty dumb but fun nonetheless but could have been better. One thing is certain, Lupin reveals once again why he's the best thief, he can always find a solution even for the dumbest situations.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

May 9, 2018 8:45 AM

Feb 2018
My favorite episode so far, I couldn't stop laughing
I really liked Fujiko in this episode, although I don't like her character at all
Goemon's facial expressions were awesome, too bad he didn't have a lot of screen time :(
May 9, 2018 1:20 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode. Felt just like a classic story from part 2 or 3. I love Fujiko but she was especially cute here with the more playful designs and animation. Her and Jigen getting along is kinda scary, but also adorable. Of course, I figured a few newer viewers wouldn’t vibe with the more cartoony style, but that’s an integral side to Lupin and I’m hoping we get more throwback one-off episodes in the future (and we probably will given all the guest just revealed).
May 9, 2018 9:43 PM
Oct 2017
That was really funny, about time the pink jacket series gets some props. I also popped for the reference to Jigen's toothache from Tokyo Crisis aka the Zenigata film..Well I guess you can call it that, either way it's his best story.
May 10, 2018 3:24 AM

Oct 2008
I didn't expect that I highly enjoyed this silly episode of Lupin the Third Part V!
5/5.

May 10, 2018 4:14 AM

Jun 2010
A fun side story in the vain of Lupin Part III; goofy in the best possible way. The cast interacting with one another was definitely the highlight of the episode and the way Lupin cracked the safe was so stupid you can't help but laugh.

That said I'm glad this was a one-off, as the overly cartoony style of the Pink Jacket series gets old pretty quickly. I prefer my Lupin with a balance between comedic and serious plot lines thank you.

Looks like we're going to see the show start to play its hand next week if next week's preview is anything to go by 😉.

grassarm said:
I also popped for the reference to Jigen's toothache from Tokyo Crisis aka the Zenigata film..Well I guess you can call it that, either way it's his best story.

Yeah seriously, someone needs to tell the guy to lay off the sweets. He was having issues with that in Part IV as well! 😂
WandererReduxMay 10, 2018 4:18 AM
May 11, 2018 12:11 AM

Jun 2013
Weakest ep so far, felt like a child show all the time
May 11, 2018 5:51 AM

Jan 2013
Honestly I loved this episode more than the first 5 episodes put together.
May 11, 2018 10:35 AM

Oct 2015
Man, I had loads of fun watching this episode. Everyone was so goofy this episode. Lmao at Jigen wanting Fujiko to strip. Kinda weird considering Fujiko strips a lot on The Woman called Fujiko Mine spinoff. This authentic feeling is what the first 5 episodes lacked imo. I hope we get more episodes like these
May 12, 2018 8:06 PM

Mar 2009
Fujiko's like a completely different character here lol
May 13, 2018 1:44 AM

Feb 2015
Dark-Scorpion said:
Weakest ep so far, felt like a child show all the time

Not edgy enough for you?
May 13, 2018 10:07 AM
May 2015
That was a distinct change from the contemporary edgy Lupin. I found it enjoyable, speaking for myself.

I’m a little surprised that there would be a homage Pink Jacket Lupin, because I believed that show didn’t have a strong fanbase; I honestly thought that show was overly comical and zany, more than Lupin should have been. Still, since I enjoyed it I can’t really complain.

Those two brothers were like Osomatsu clones LOL. But their scheme was pretty clever though; in an era where intelligence is significant, no one would think of using low intelligence against Lupin, he was actually stuck for a bit. And it was both funny and creepy to see Lupin get beaten up by his own partners to reduce his intelligence, and he later called them out on it.

The animation was gorgeous, like watching old 80s anime comedies. I especially liked how cute Fujiko looked.

I hope to see a few more episodes like this.
May 15, 2018 2:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the episode remembered me those older comical episodes to use and throw!!!! kekeke
it was welcome to watch how Lupin took off his clothes and jumped over Fumiko one more time!!!!
300 C.I.?! o_o
May 15, 2018 8:12 AM
May 2018
May 19, 2018 3:16 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I mean, if you kill him then yeah, I guess that's a way to get his brain power to zero. lol
This really was a fun episode!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 26, 2018 8:32 PM

Sep 2016
Ehhhh, a good episode but is not really my type of humor, I gotta give them props of how Old School this episode felt. A nice filler to put between one arc and the other.
May 27, 2018 9:25 AM

May 2016
I must admit I didn't like this episode. I hope the next episodes will be like the 5 first episodes.
Mar 25, 2019 11:28 PM

Oct 2012
Welcome back Lupin part 3, I love you <3
I feel like home

I remember that episode where Lupin crack safes by not opening it!
And ruined the creator's life

Thank you for the fanservice
I wish the artstyle stays like this xD
Guess not well suited for more story-driven Lupin
"Signature removed"
Apr 21, 2019 4:08 PM
Aug 2018
LOVED THIS EPISODE <3
Jun 30, 2019 12:02 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode! It seems they are starting with a new arc. It doesn't seem like it's a direct continuation after Ami.

It's more in line with the old Lupin Part I and II episodes. Even Fujiko brought the hammer which maybe reference from City Hunter's Kaori Hammer antics with Ryo :)

I also love how Jigen keeps telling Fujiko to take off her clothes and Lupin wouldn't mind being dumber than ever just to see more of Fujiko XD

Anyways, next episode seems to be back to the old Lupin. So can't wait!
Jul 26, 2019 10:08 AM

Nov 2017
This episode was out there. It felt like Sunday morning kids Doraemon cartoons or something.

Good pace breaker.

I'm glad Lupin was stupid enough to be stupid enough. He finally beat that safe.
Apr 23, 2020 12:35 PM

Nov 2007
This ep was an absolute chore to get through for me. I'm glad it's just a one-and-done.
Jul 21, 2021 12:47 PM

Nov 2016
From the premise revolving around some super safe to the hilariously nonsensical plot, this indeed felt like a pink jacket episode. Just better due to how it was put together, pretty much in a parodic manner. Someone knew their shit. Also loved how other oldies such as Ashita no Joe (barbed wired water tap) and City Hunter (mokkori hammer) were referenced.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 25, 2022 12:34 AM

Feb 2012
Something totally silly, it's not the kind of Lupin I appreciate with all the slapstick and randomness, although I don't mind if there's one episode like this every now and then as a palate cleanser. Nice parody of Ashita no Joe in the training montage though.
Jan 27, 2022 7:42 AM

Feb 2019
Until Fujiko spoke with Sawashiro's voice, I was wondering if maybe that was a lost episode of Part III that was found and updated. Would explain the random art change to one of 35+ years prior.

If I recall, from binging all Lupin part and the 43 movies/ovas, the Greater Tokyo Bank is one Lupins done a few times, starting when it was a small one storey building.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Feb 20, 2023 12:01 PM

Sep 2018
This is the Lupin I know and love. The randomness is something that was missing from the previous part and even if it was just a callback episode, it was really well done.

Of course, I know that we will get back to the actual plot in the following episodes, but it would be nice to see episodic Lupin once again.
Mar 22, 2023 10:51 AM
Jun 2022
A very good episode with gorgeous art style and dynamics, as always! ^^
Jun 25, 2023 1:00 PM
Jul 2019
I liek very muchy much
Feb 10, 7:16 PM
Jun 2022
This is my favorite Lupin III anime so far
Mar 27, 3:22 AM

Jul 2012
This was a really stupid episode, even by Lupin standards. The Cagliostro reference was nice.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

22 by SleepingBear »»
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 11 Discussion

vigorousjammer - Aug 8, 2018

11 by St0rmblade »»
Dec 28, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

38 by OfficialGothBF »»
Jun 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

51 by OfficialGothBF »»
May 27, 2023 6:13 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

15 by korsarz »»
Mar 26, 2023 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.