Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 1:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fujiko in that shower outfit....damn.

Honestly, I felt like this was one of the weaker episodes. It didn't have much impact or felt important to the story. Lupin's usual antics are funny to watch but it's still the usual stuff.

However, I did really enjoy watching Fujiko and Lupin had some really entertaining chemistry. It feels timeless whenever they are together and so much teasing between the duo.
Stark700Aug 8, 2018 9:54 AM
Aug 8, 2018 9:53 AM

Aug 2014
Fuck this episode for that ending.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 8, 2018 1:30 PM

Jul 2017
I'm not sure if this was the 'Part IV' throwback episode or not, but it was good nevertheless.
That ending was... Deep. I hope that this isn't the last of their relationship backstory we're getting, but this was great.
9/10
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Aug 8, 2018 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
Yet another fun episode and was quite managed to surprise me based on what I was expecting from the last episode preview(the previews are the most dissapointing part of this show so far!) Never could imagined Lupin episode to be sol-like episode and did delivered enjoyably. Compare to other fillers, this did have some canon story aspect that somewhat explain the Lupin and Fujiko's relationship aspect and surely felt like prequel to this show (hopefully they will tell us abit more on later episodes). The comedic parts were quite amusing to watch along with the Zenigata part.

Looks like next episode will going to be Jigen's episode.
Aug 10, 2018 9:19 AM

Sep 2011
A pretty funny and charming episode, Goemon cooking, Zenigata not seeing through Lupin's disguise, Fujiko was there, it was pretty light and lovely.

I'm just really frustrated that her gift ended up in the trash can, I guess Lupin was totally tired out after dealing with Zenigata, he should've been able to connect the dots and realize that it was the item in the bathroom. But I still wanted to know what Fujiko was trying to comemorate with him, such a pity.
Aug 11, 2018 6:15 AM

Feb 2016
This is what Lupin and gang do most of the time. Well, we can't have high octane off the rail episodes every time because then that takes away the value of said episodes, no?
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Aug 15, 2018 1:25 PM
May 2015
It felt rather half-baked.

The shower scene with Fujiko was sweet though.
Aug 15, 2018 4:09 PM

Mar 2009
wew lad Fujicakes.
Aug 20, 2018 8:51 PM

Feb 2015
One of the best episodes so far, sometimes it’s just refreshing to take a break from intense heists to focus on the everyday doldrums of the characters and showcase their interactions and relationships. One thing part 5 hasnt has enough of are these simple episodes, so this one stuck out in a good way.
Mar 26, 2019 10:31 PM

Oct 2012
Awww Zenigata, behind Lupin he's just praising him

Goemon is surprisingly good cook

Birthday?
What day is it? What's inside the box? Some kind of reference from part 1-4
I've seen all parts of Lupin but I still don't know what is in that pink box :(
"Signature removed"
Apr 28, 2019 7:44 AM
Aug 2018
OMG I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT DAY IT WAS AND WHAT THAT GIFT WAS :(((
Jul 22, 2019 11:40 AM

May 2013
I wonder if it was their anniversary. Fujiko really is a moron.
What kind of idiot decides to hide something in someone's toilet.
She couldn't think of anywhere better to hide it.
Oct 20, 2019 1:00 AM

Mar 2014
What a waste of a gift, that was such a disappointing end
Mar 9, 2020 12:28 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode! Yeah the gift is most likely their anniversary. 1st year or maybe 5th year since they either first met or first time they started trying to catch one another.

Goemon knows how to make Soba Noodles :D

I want one!!

Also, Fujiko is freaking sexy!!! Nothing really beats her in this department :)

Jul 23, 2021 12:16 PM

Nov 2016
Lupin slice of life style with juicy Fujiko fanservice? That alone is enough to make an episode work. Seriously, just seeing the gang casually chilling was cool.

Besides I wonder if this has given us the reason as to why Fujiko is angry at Lupin.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 7, 2021 7:36 AM
May 2019
FMmatron said:
Lupin slice of life style with juicy Fujiko fanservice? That alone is enough to make an episode work. Seriously, just seeing the gang casually chilling was cool.

Besides I wonder if this has given us the reason as to why Fujiko is angry at Lupin.

It was a semi-funny bathroom episode. Kind of a filler (in compared to how all the episodes seem to be originals) feel to it.

Makes to wonder if this was the anniversary of them meeting for the first time OR Lupin and Fujiko are actually married (he was to drunk to remember getting married). This would mean Lupin has committed bigomy when he married Rebecca Rossellini. Oh, one can only wonder what goes thru Fujiko's mind at times.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.
Mar 11, 2022 4:24 AM

Jul 2016
Joshimatsoo said:
One of the best episodes so far, sometimes it’s just refreshing to take a break from intense heists to focus on the everyday doldrums of the characters and showcase their interactions and relationships. One thing part 5 hasnt has enough of are these simple episodes, so this one stuck out in a good way.

It is always so much fun to have the gang just pal around for abit.
Mar 23, 2023 1:04 PM
Sep 2007
Clogged toilet episode. Talk about shitty gift.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

22 by SleepingBear »»
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 8, 2018

44 by SleepingBear »»
Mar 27, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 11 Discussion

vigorousjammer - Aug 8, 2018

11 by St0rmblade »»
Dec 28, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

38 by OfficialGothBF »»
Jun 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

51 by OfficialGothBF »»
May 27, 2023 6:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.