Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 2, 2018 7:26 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
I have to admit, this was pretty cute and funny.

And in watching Pretty Derby, which has a lot of similarities to Keijo (sans the ecchi and the addition of horse ears and tails), I finally realized why I didn't like Keijo. It was the cast of characters, primarily the attitude (shall we say stupidity) of the MC. The characters, and especially the MC of Pretty Derby (Special Week) are just so much more fun to watch.
Apr 2, 2018 8:12 PM

Mar 2018
YAS, my CGDCT anime for the season (for now), already loving every girl and Special Week comedic moments; I'll be waiting for my (even if it's slight) yuri >:3.

Also, why the U.S. horse girl has an spanish name? (Without the "tilde" on "Cóndor" of course).
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Apr 2, 2018 8:38 PM

Jun 2008
Tbh the horse-racing part actually kept my interest, mostly.

But the idol stuff just feels too stupid and forced, even for a premise as absurd as this is. And the antics with the trainer are just the same tired old tropes.
Apr 2, 2018 8:42 PM

Nov 2012
MetaThPr4h said:
So horse girls are forced to have weird af names? Poor Special Week.

The setting is quite wtf, but the comedy was pretty entertaining, I will watch episode 2 to decide if I continue or not.

The girls have the name of real horses
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Week
Apr 2, 2018 9:36 PM

Oct 2010
MetaThPr4h said:
So horse girls are forced to have weird af names? Poor Special Week.

Also, *shuffles off to Google Translate* yeah, the name "Tokubetsu Shukan" sounds better to me than my actual real life name :P ...As long as I didn't have to live in Japan, then it'd be embarrassing. (Even assuming that's a correct translation, which I don't)

Whoahoho said:
Man, Silence Suzuka???????Geeez that's like saying Silence Silence twice.

Japan's cool with that too. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silence_Suzuka

GranSaiyaman said:
Also, why the U.S. horse girl has an spanish name? (Without the "tilde" on "Cóndor" of course).

The real horse El Condor Pasa was born here in Kentucky. Maybe the Simon & Garfunkel version of the Peruvian song was what the breeders had in mind when they named him.

elkensteyin said:
I finally realized why I didn't like Keijo. It was the cast of characters, primarily the attitude (shall we say stupidity) of the MC. The characters, and especially the MC of Pretty Derby (Special Week) are just so much more fun to watch.

I've only seen three episodes of Keijo, but I agree... in particular the personality of the current star (Silence Suzuka) is unusual for a character in that position, and highly welcome.
Apr 3, 2018 3:36 AM

Jan 2017
I'm speechless. But, this will be a great doujin material
Apr 3, 2018 5:39 AM
May 2017
I'm on the weird side of Japan again...
What the hell did I just watch and why do I enjoyed it?
And Vodka best girl btw :)
Apr 3, 2018 9:27 AM

Sep 2016
Already so amazing. What an excellent start. 8/10 right off the bat.
Apr 3, 2018 10:04 AM

Sep 2011
Didn't even plan to check it out, but I'm glad I did it. Came with zero expectations, but found it quite entertaining and charming. Great animation and character designs. The races later on should be great. Didn't get the idol part though.
Apr 3, 2018 10:05 AM

Mar 2016
The idol scene is very unnecessary. Still a good episode though, but it could be better.
Apr 3, 2018 7:05 PM
May 2015
Wow....this episode was surprisingly decent. I was expecting to drop this after the 1st episode but I'm not going to lie, I want to watch more :/

Apr 3, 2018 7:36 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! i'm impressed with the first episode!
PA work is really good at the art department!
Let's see how this horse race school girl holds-up!
5/5.

Apr 3, 2018 8:54 PM

Apr 2018
I love this anime so far! I find it very interesting. Outside of anime, I enjoy watching horse races. With Japan making an anime about it, especially with it involving cute horse girls, gets my blood to pumping! So I feel like I am watching a real horse race, but a cuter, animated version.
Apr 3, 2018 11:06 PM

Feb 2017
CGDCT + Idol + Sports. i definitely turn off my brain while watching this series.
A bit not entertaining.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Apr 4, 2018 7:04 AM

Dec 2017
The premise of this almost makes me a bit wary. In my mind this could be a really dark show about these horse girls being ostracised and harrased by humans.

Luckily that seems to not be the case though! I think this show might get a lot of hate but I think it looks good and I really like it so far.

Also it sort of worked in a similar way to Yama no susume or Yuru camp as it, perhaps weirdly, made me go for a run this afternoon.

It is also nice and a bit releiving that Special Week gets to interact with Suzuka straight away, seems like the encounter could have been delayed to the last episode, with her always being out of reach for Spe-chan.
PysseloskarApr 4, 2018 10:09 AM
Apr 4, 2018 8:43 AM
Aug 2014
While this isn't Keijo season 2, ill take it as a step in the right direction
Apr 4, 2018 12:15 PM

Aug 2017
WTF episode. Seems like a japanese version of My Little Pony. Good animation. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 4, 2018 12:21 PM

Aug 2008
This is the last time I get caught on "no, it's not as fucking retarded as it sounds, try it". It's even dumber than Keijo. Horsegirl idols singing after running a race... sheer idiocy of this idea made it impossible to reach 12 minute mark.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 4, 2018 12:27 PM

Jun 2016
Kyaaa. The girls are so cute and so lovable. <3 Special Week is such a weird name. Engrish, Nihon! Haha.

Silence Suzuka is so fucking pretty, though. I hope she's not a lowkey bakemono. Haha. I love her. ;)

5/5. <3

Irasshai to Team Spica, Spe-chan. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 4, 2018 12:31 PM

Dec 2017
mmmmmmm, food

welp, it's one of those anime, huh? time for moe shit to flow through me again
Apr 4, 2018 1:25 PM

Jul 2016
Well, Special Week doesn't disappoint. She's the energetic main girl that we needed. The trainer was too funny. I loved it so much when she kicked him and it looked like he almost died. Don't go feeling up a horse girl since it won't end well. Spe chan caught to be on Suzuka's team, now, though, so that's exciting for episode one. She's already on a team with the girl she looked up to most.

Apr 4, 2018 3:51 PM

Apr 2013
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT

I

AM

ALREADY

IN

LOVE

keep bringing on the all female sports anime.. 2018 lookin like the year for that<3

I had no expectations on this and was swept off my feet.

This show is lit AF

Also, did you watch the ova? Is it worth going back and checking out?
Apr 4, 2018 4:01 PM
Feb 2017
This might turn out to be SoL of the year.

Apr 4, 2018 4:22 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Cream_Soda said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT

I

AM

ALREADY

IN

LOVE

keep bringing on the all female sports anime.. 2018 lookin like the year for that<3

I had no expectations on this and was swept off my feet.

This show is lit AF

Also, did you watch the ova? Is it worth going back and checking out?

yea exactly the same, i went in like... "well its a cute girls show, so i know ill like it...... OMFG IS THIS GONNA BE TOP 3 ANIME OF THE SEASON?"

yea i watched it back when it first aired
Apr 4, 2018 10:25 PM

Mar 2018
nDroae said:

GranSaiyaman said:

The real horse El Condor Pasa was born here in Kentucky. Maybe the Simon & Garfunkel version of the Peruvian song was what the breeders had in mind when they named him.

Oh, I see, I was pretty sure the girls had real horses names (such as KanColle with the ships) but I was confused as to why a U.S. horse would hace a name like that; thanks nwn
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Apr 4, 2018 10:55 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
So this is pretty much Stride with girls, and I really disliked Stride, BUT oh man this is really cute. I'm not looking forward to the idol part, but I'll take everything else. Nothing against idols, mind you! I just usually don't like when they pack on a whole bunch of things into one anime. 1. It usually feels like they're trying to hard to GET YOUR MONEY.
2. It's usually a MESS.
I mean, boys who ran obstacle course things, were idols, and were models? Yeah, too much.
But for some ODD REASON, Uma Musume is just really cute even though they have the running and kinda the idol part. It's fine to me. I'm down. I'm actually excited for future episodes.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 5, 2018 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
I expected less than nothing. Aside from the horse girl thing the first episode was pretty much a sports series about track and field. Instead of being "horse girls who happen to run track", it felt very "girls who do track and field who happen to be horse girls". It was not over-reliant on the fact that they were horse girls to make the episode entertaining.

I like that. A lot. I passed this series off at first and admittedly got interested due to the gif of the trainer rubbing Special Week's leg, but after seeing the first episode I will watch this with some seriousness. The episode was nothing amazing, but all things considered it did a respectable job.

EDIT: minus the idol part. I forgot about that. Hopefully there isn't much of that.
Apr 5, 2018 8:05 PM

Jan 2017
Better than I expected, especially since it comes from a mobile game. However, I definitely saw many aspects that you could just tell was copy/pasted from a mobile game. Nothing against mobile games, I'm an avid player of many multiplayer mobile games myself, just adapting them to anime often means failure. That said, I expect this show to be a 8 when it finishes.
Apr 5, 2018 8:07 PM

Jan 2017
I have longed for a track and field anime for a long time, and finally, we have it! Granted its a mobile game adaptation and it has horse girls, but nevertheless, it IS a track and field anime(ish)... So thank you for that!
Apr 6, 2018 8:12 AM

Jan 2014
I’ve been excited for this anime since it first got announced - I’m one of those people for who the mixture of idols, yuri and horse girls are a dream. Yeah, I’m kinda weird.

Suzuka and Special Week’s rivalry seems like a fertile plot point going forward, and Special Week in particular reminds me of Yui from K-On, who I loved. I did find some of her interactions with that trainer a bit uncomfortable, but I’m interested to see what role he plays.
Apr 6, 2018 2:35 PM
Mar 2012
Seems fun as a sports idol SOL. The 2d animated idol part hints at good budget things to come. yay for cygames.
Weird names & some designs but the ears & tail move great. Some va voices a bit too loud & grating.
paworks signature EEHHHHHHHHHH.
Special Week & her faces are hilarious. The trainer was a real creep hope they tone down that.
Apr 6, 2018 6:30 PM
May 2015
this is too ridiculous
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2018 7:19 PM

Jan 2010
moe shit idol wannabe.
not worth it. 4/10
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
Apr 7, 2018 2:02 PM

Jun 2013
anime of the fucking season i'm calling it now
Apr 8, 2018 7:06 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Axelucard said:
anime of the fucking season i'm calling it now

If episodes 1 & 2 aren't a fluke, then I (and a lot of others) pretty much agree with you
Apr 8, 2018 7:10 AM

Sep 2011
I'm just here to say... HOLY SHIT! THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!
Apr 8, 2018 8:59 AM

Jun 2014
i like the anime it self, and that the girls like horse in a way.
BUT why the f stupid race horse names, thats just to lame, and take it to faar. They girls not horse, they similar in many ways like horse, but still girls, whats next they need to be put in speciel breeding programs? like race horses??

I like the idear of the show, the girls cute and its fun, the names ruin alot, it just takes it to faar, what kind of name is say Speciel week........ specielt week is that the weekend offer on the local brothel? oh wait no you soon gona be set to be breed i forgot.
Apr 8, 2018 9:06 AM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:
WTF did I just watch. Also, nice change for an idol trainer/producer, the man is a total perv and a bit unorthodox (I mean we have the typical idols just joining a unit on their own, through an audition, producer coercion (Cinderella Girls), or parents forcing them to join, but being kidnapped into a unit is a first).

Aversa said:
Well it seems things didn't went according to plan for the main but she did end up in the team she wanted to be in.
Seems like this could be nice as long as the keep out that idol shi...i mean stuff.

You should've known by now that the horse girls are also idols.
So the organisers are making money of ticked sales, gambling and show business .
This seems like extortion those girls better make some good money for what they are doing.
Apr 8, 2018 11:19 PM
Feb 2016
It was surprisingly enjoyable
Apr 9, 2018 1:47 PM

Oct 2012
Actually not bad. It's just another take on moe sport animes like Keijo with usual 'follow your dreams' motto but it was done well, and it was enjoyable.

I really wonder what Special Week and Silence Suzuka relations are.

Just a sidenote: this show would be even more hillarious if men were ridning those girls but this show would probably turn into hentai pretty fast :D
Apr 9, 2018 5:35 PM

May 2017
This is already my guilty pleasure. I adore Special Week and I am amused by how they are treating the "horse girl" aspect. I was particularly amused at how the trainer treated Special Week just like any trainer would treat a potential race horse, and Special Week reacting how any young girl would react to a random stranger feeling up her legs, lol.

I guess the only thing I don't like about it is the Idol aspect, but I'll live. And I feel pleasantly surprised this hasn't turned weird in a fan-service way. A solid 7 so far for me.

Apr 9, 2018 6:14 PM

Jan 2008
What a silly show. Completely forgot that this was going to have idol stuff too.

What a terrible name she has though. Since this is based off the mobile game, they need to just tell me their rarities.

Curious about her mother, seeing as how she doesn't seem to be a horse girl.

Doesn't seem like PA is putting much effort into this series though. I don't remember them ever having this much CGI.

Well, the doujinshis for this are probably gonna be... something to look out for.
Apr 10, 2018 3:47 AM

Sep 2008
That was a lot better than I thought it would be. It's a weird mix though with the idol and horse stuff at the same time.
Apr 10, 2018 7:25 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I really liked this for some reason. It was entertaining and the comedy was actually solid.

The designs for the girls are terrific. The girls on Team Spica are especially cute too. The small pink one was so adorable, I'm going to be cheering for her especially hard.

I almost fell out of my seat after they showed the idol concert. Animal girls + idol = this show is peak Japan.

Can't wait to see more, honestly.
Apr 11, 2018 4:21 PM

Nov 2009
more Monster Girls, this time just Horse Girls.

Looks like it's going to be a fun *Ride*.

___ ___ ___

Also, I wonder if they do "Breeding" like in RL to horses... hmm... H-doujin material for this series is born. oops.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 12, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
I was expecting nothing but the beginning of this weird anime series. From the last PV I had guessed the fun character of the series, so I was sure I would like it. In fact, the story is not great and not even the narration is very intriguing, but still manages to entertain the episode is Spe-chan is a very nice character. Cute character design of the characters, the quality of the drawings is quite good, I do not think I can ask more from this anime series for now.

Nezperdian said:
The answer to life, the universe and everything

Looking at this picture, it is understood that for the horse girls no phones have been invented especially for them, it must be uncomfortable for them to talk on the phone.

Rorek said:
Favorite horse girl

Her real story make my sad 113 losses, 0 wins

It's tender to see her run like that, especially after she said she wanted to win against Spe-chan.
Apr 12, 2018 10:43 AM

Mar 2012
wtf this is super weird and the guy is a creep.
the only time i laughed out loud was when they said a girl was called vodka. gonna give it a 3 episode rule to this, but i don't think i'll be watching this til the end.
Apr 12, 2018 12:53 PM

May 2017
fukumenkei said:
the only time i laughed out loud was when they said a girl was called vodka. gonna give it a 3 episode rule to this, but i don't think i'll be watching this til the end.

Not sure if you're missing the joke, but the guy is a horse trainer. He is literally doing what a horse trainer would do while examining a potential race horse.

Apr 13, 2018 12:59 PM

Mar 2012
ituhata said:
fukumenkei said:

Not sure if you're missing the joke, but the guy is a horse trainer. He is literally doing what a horse trainer would do while examining a potential race horse.

i know it's a joke, but it's just not my kind of humour, you know? it's still a school girl, he's still an adult guy and the creepy undertone is still there.
i just know that it's gonna bother me a lot if this kind of joke continues to the end.
Apr 13, 2018 1:01 PM

May 2017
fukumenkei said:
ituhata said:

i know it's a joke, but it's just not my kind of humour, you know? it's still a school girl, he's still an adult guy and the creepy undertone is still there.
i just know that it's gonna bother me a lot if this kind of joke continues to the end.

Fair enough. That's the last you'll see of it anyway, from what episodes have aired.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

32 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

11 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

10 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

23 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 12:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.