Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 15, 2018 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting...Akira's friend Haruka gets more screen time and we got to see more of her personality.

I like how realistic this episode felt especially with the different shots of the town. It also took place outside of Akira's usual workplace so that's refreshing. She and Haruka seems to have a decent relationship. Haruka's still trying to improve her skills in track and field and it was kinda neat to see her past.

Plus, I think Akira looks adorable with a pigtail!

Stark700Feb 15, 2018 8:54 PM
Feb 15, 2018 10:04 AM

May 2017
I'm so glad I was finally able to watch it I can't believe it took Amazon  a little under 24 hours to have it properly uploaded, it was such a tease just seen the thumbnail and not being able to watch it. But I'm glad I did. ---> 
If you read my post here, check out my full thoughts on the episode @ www.tyrantdominus.com
Feb 15, 2018 10:30 AM

Nov 2017
This episode felt like it was setting up my emotions like bowling pins. Let's see how well you can throw a ball!
Feb 15, 2018 11:32 AM

Dec 2014
I loved this episode.

I really liked how they touched on Haruka and Akira's friendship. Really hope they can rekindle their friendship and become as good as friends as they were before. It's sad when I think about it because it's not that the both of them are on bad terms but just that they've lost the close connection they had when they were younger because of Akira's circumstances and just the gradual deterioration over time. This kind of deterioration in friendship is a pretty real thing to be honest. :(

I couldn't help but smile when Haruka gave Akira the special character keychain with the note that said there friendship was more that just track. :)
The flashback was great too. :D

Akira looking to read some books so she can understand Kondo better.
Wonder if the author of the book that Kondo picked up is his wife? I've got my suspicions since he states that he was the one drawn to the library.

Visual Quality of the show remains absolutely stellar, Haruka's running scene and the final scene with Akira looking at the moon at the end while listening to the howl of the wind were absolutely stunning.
Feb 15, 2018 12:28 PM

Nov 2014
Kondou is quite the bibliophile. He seems depressed by something. Maybe Tachibana could get a clue as to what this is by reading the book he checked out.

It was sweet how Kyan made an effort to rekindle her friendship with Tachibana. Hopefully Tachibana reciprocates this gesture. It seems like she might. Tachibana doesn't seem to have any problems with Kyan. She's just been preoccupied with work, and chasing Kondou.

Another lovely episode.

5/5
Feb 15, 2018 1:55 PM

Jun 2015
Really good episode. Haruka gets more screen time and got to see her backstory with Akira. Young Akira looks cute with ponytails. Their friendship was not as strong as before, but hopefully it gets better for them. I'm guessing the author of the book Kondo got is from his ex-wife.
Feb 15, 2018 2:25 PM

Jan 2017
Ignore my previous post, OtakuStream just put Episode 6 up. :)

Feb 15, 2018 2:45 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I noticed the lack of dialogue.

More shows need to do this to make me immersed into the anime.
Feb 15, 2018 2:51 PM

Feb 2012
It's clear that Akira still has some hang ups about running, but it was amazing to see that she would throw away such a long friendship because of it. It makes sense why this situation would be hard with Haruka, but her indirect approach to bridge the gap hasn't shown that the issue is resolved. I also hope Haruka actually has a larger purpose for the story because she took up a considerable amount of time without really being involved of the main drama.
Feb 15, 2018 3:52 PM

May 2015
That ending felt so ominous somehow, or rather, the mood took a swift change.... Damn.

As usual, loved the episode.

Feb 15, 2018 4:20 PM

Feb 2016
Interesting episode, it was focused more on colors and animation rather than dialogue. I wonder what purpose does that runner girl hold in this story.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 15, 2018 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
We received a nice glimpse into the backstory of Akira and Haruka. I feel bad for both of them. What was the book that Kondo took out of the library? Winow by the Waves? What is the real title in English?
I've already read Botchan. It was assigned for a Japanese history class. Time to re-read it.
Feb 15, 2018 5:15 PM

Jan 2012
Damn I'm late this week. Anyway a very beautiful episode visually. The backgrounds were stunning, moreso than usual even it seemed. The library aquarium, the moonlit night, the city landscapes, etc...and we have more Haruka screentime this week. Wishing she were closer with Akira, nice of her to get her that keychain. Even if she doesn't understand the full meaning Akira was longing for regarding it. And then Kondo again. Just what meaning does the book he took really have?
Feb 15, 2018 5:18 PM

Apr 2012
An interesting episode. On the one hand, we saw a flashback about Akira's childhood and the development of psychology in her relationship with Kondou. On the other hand, maybe it's just my paranoia and yuri googles, but I began to feel that Haruka has some feelings for MC. Especially considering with her tomboy personality and the "disappointment" that she had after she saw Yui.

Feb 15, 2018 5:23 PM

Jul 2015

Looks like Haruka has became...

One with the fence.

Feb 15, 2018 5:24 PM

Oct 2013
redtailrav said:
We received a nice glimpse into the backstory of Akira and Haruka. I feel bad for both of them. What was the book that Kondo took out of the library? Winow by the Waves? What is the real title in English?
I've already read Botchan. It was assigned for a Japanese history class. Time to re-read it.

I looked again and the titile is Window by the Wave. The author is Chihiro Kujo. Perhaps it's fictional since I can't find anything about it.
Feb 15, 2018 5:53 PM

Jun 2016
Overall ok episode, mostly just building for more feels I think in the later episodes.

Piromysl said:

Didn't notice that until you posted this, quite funny
Feb 15, 2018 6:01 PM

Oct 2014
Oh cool, half of the episode was dedicated to a character I don’t care about. The lonely lesbian left to pick up the scraps while Akira chases after a real man, paying her no mind. It’s sad that’s what she’s reduced to, but it’d be too much to expect tact from this show. I guess she’ll be a reoccurring character to fill empty time for now on. Nothing really happened in this episode… when the credits started rolling I was baffled at how uneventful it was. I suppose uneventful is preferable to the uncomfortable stuff that’s implied to come later.
Feb 15, 2018 6:26 PM
Mar 2009
To people who think Haruka is lesbian: no, she isn't. She is only Akira's best friend.
In the manga, Haruka actually starts to like
Feb 15, 2018 6:36 PM
Mar 2009
HereticHunter said:
Interesting episode, it was focused more on colors and animation rather than dialogue. I wonder what purpose does that runner girl hold in this story.

Of course, Akira would like to run again. She is avoiding to be with Haruka and the other girls of the track team, because they remind her of the fact she thinks not being able to run anymore. She gave up on her biggest dream, so she is deeply depressed.
Feb 15, 2018 6:43 PM

Aug 2014
the ED is too good!
Feb 15, 2018 6:47 PM

Nov 2011
Really liked this episode, I can kinda identify with Haruka with her not being sure where her friendship with Akira stands. The resolution was really cute.

Also the manager saying how it's better if we pick a book ourselves is so true. It's terrible when someone we like recommends us something to read (or watch etc) and we end up not liking it.

Baby, daijobanai...
Feb 15, 2018 7:11 PM

May 2014
The plot definitely thickened this episode.

I was particularly happy that Haruka got more screen time and her friendship with Akira got fleshed out, it actually made me pretty emotional.

Akira on that Gatcha machine was more relateable than I care to admit though XD

This episode went so fast, and I was kinda bummed when it ended on the lil' cliffhanger. It looks like some sort of ex-girlfriend or unrequited love of Kondo's is an author? Or it could even be his ex-wife. I wonder if he initially started reading because of her. I can't wait to know more! I hope his ex-wife does eventually get some screen time though!

I'm beginning to think that Akira and Kondo might be good for each other, but not necessarily in the way she wants- not at the moment anyway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2018 8:35 PM

Dec 2015
The adaptation so far has been close to flawless. The atmosphere and melancholic tone established within this episode through its visual storytelling, color palette, and use of violin pieces is simply wonderful, allowing the feelings of wistful nostalgia to permeate and form the show's identity.

While I do agree with some people who say this episode was bit of a slow-burn, I also think that an episode like this is important to flesh out its characters with necessary backstories and show us various facets of their lives. After all, it has been pretty apparent since episode 3 that this story strives to tell something more than just a unconventional romance between two individuals.

This is a story that expands to the development of these characters lives, and the events that have lead them up to this point, as well as what they have to do to overcome stagnation and move on. The "romance" aspects of the show serves to deliver Tachibana's coming of age story past her adolescence into adulthood, and Kondou's renewed sense of purpose and vigor within his life as a person who failed to fulfill his dreams during his youth.

The last scene where Tachibana felt the wind blow against her as she stared into the moon truly exemplifies the subtle sorrow that she undoubtedly feels after being forced to leave the track team after her injury, and is also an example of this show's amazing directing.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 15, 2018 9:11 PM

Aug 2013
Yep, just as I feared. Akira and the manager just stay in this rather normal relationship after the confession. Everything that happened after the confession could have occurred without it, except the date. The series tried to accomplish something "less cliched," but ended up similar to the regular romance anime with the catch being the age gap. At this point, the relationship will most likely stay the same till the end, or some sort of advancement in the finale. I hope the series will prove me wrong, though.
Feb 15, 2018 9:16 PM
Dec 2016
RebelPanda said:
Oh cool, half of the episode was dedicated to a character I don’t care about. The lonely lesbian left to pick up the scraps while Akira chases after a real man, paying her no mind. It’s sad that’s what she’s reduced to, but it’d be too much to expect tact from this show. I guess she’ll be a reoccurring character to fill empty time for now on. Nothing really happened in this episode… when the credits started rolling I was baffled at how uneventful it was. I suppose uneventful is preferable to the uncomfortable stuff that’s implied to come later.

nope, she isn't lesbian actually
Feb 15, 2018 9:39 PM

May 2015
Could somebody tell me what is that book about which was borrowed by Kondou (Chihiro Kujo: Window by the wave). I tried to search for it but I could't find anything even by its ISBN number. The book that was borrowed by Tachibana is a popular novel read by japanese during their school years
IshitatesoFeb 15, 2018 9:53 PM
Feb 15, 2018 9:42 PM

Apr 2016
We want to see more of the tanned girl ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 15, 2018 10:43 PM

Dec 2016
Nice now I can see whats that weird guy in the OP. This episode also reminded me of Devilman Crybaby, actually Haruka looks a lot like Miki lul
Feb 15, 2018 11:52 PM

Jul 2014
Tanned girl is... too hot... Jesus.
Anyways the ep was... honestly I didnt like it, too much feels, and theres the lack of dialogue, not a fan of that.

I was expecting Akira daydreaming about her being Kondou's hamster (in the manga) but they skipped it...

Hope the nep isnt strong on the drama side but it looks like it'll continue, that ED was eerie, who's Chihiro? his ex wife?
Feb 16, 2018 1:11 AM

Apr 2016
The relationship between the 2 friends is really awkward but it seems Tachibana don't want to be remembered of running at all and Haruka is exactly that, a moving reminder she was running before her accident. But then she did take the photo book about running.
So there's still a chance she'll get over it ?

Yui was kawaiiiiiii and I loved the mood of the episode overall. The nicely melancholic music in the background might play a roll here.

Anhesenaton said:
Could somebody tell me what is that book about which was borrowed by Kondou (Chihiro Kujo: Window by the wave). I tried to search for it but I could't find anything even by its ISBN number. The book that was borrowed by Tachibana is a popular novel read by japanese during their school years

Answering this question is a spoiler. Nevertheless I can say there is a clue within the last sentences of Kondou.

Feb 16, 2018 2:18 AM
Nov 2016
So Haruka got more screen time and the episode showed us the relationship between Akira and Haruka... We did get Kondou in the second half
Feb 16, 2018 2:57 AM

Dec 2014
ok so friendship building... I like how story progresses in all directions
Feb 16, 2018 4:02 AM

Dec 2015
Really chill episode, beautiful scenery thanks again to Wit. The running scene reminded me so much of Devilman Crybaby, it was animated really well. Really looking forward to hearing the story behind Kondou and his wife.
~
Feb 16, 2018 4:26 AM
Jan 2016
A relaxing episode, not much of dialogues inside it. Honestly, there are 2 characters this season that make me jealous, first is Mr.Kondo from this anime, second is Nishikata from Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, hahaha.
Feb 16, 2018 4:49 AM

Jan 2018
It was a good and relaxing episode. It doesn't have much dialogue in here but the visual art is still amazing. Good thing that Haruka and Akira talked again. I wonder what will be Akira's response on that one. I wonder what's with that certain book. I'm curious af (Chitanda Mode: ON)

Once again, WIT Studio has done a great job for its visually stunning art. Thumbs up!
Feb 16, 2018 6:58 AM

Nov 2010
I found a nice web site that is gathering the model town of the show. Following is a picture of the bus stop.

Feb 16, 2018 7:14 AM
✿。

Apr 2012
Nice episode & Akira looks cute when she was younger!
I'm glad they focused on Akira and Haruka's relationship this episode & Showing how perhaps it was Akira who motivated Haruka to enjoy running only for Akira to get injured & thus cause a distance between them.

Ah Botchan, I read few pages of it before, I remember enjoying reading it, but stopped for some reason.
This episode reminded me that I should try picking it up again c:

I wonder who Chihiro Kujo is. His Ex wife? A friend of his? Or maybe someone he just knows.
Also seeing Kondo feeling down could also mean that maybe he had aspirations to be a writer seeing as he enjoys reading literature.

Looking forward to the next ep!
-ArisaFeb 16, 2018 9:29 AM

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Feb 16, 2018 7:30 AM

Sep 2014
Outstanding. The cinematography in this episode was jaw dropping. There are so emotions told via simple sound design and cinematography. It just tell me why I love anime so much.
Feb 16, 2018 9:56 AM

Feb 2017
Finally library part! I wonder if we're going to see Chihiro? When I see you theories, I really, really want to spoil who they are, but it goes against the rules.
By the way, I kind of dislike Haruka. Can't she just TALK to Akira? Does she have to act like some shy kind of tsundere? I don't get it, even after reading manga. She does almost NOTHING to be friends witch Tachibana again. Well, she tries, at least.
Feb 16, 2018 10:15 AM

Jul 2014
Another excellent episode, not as much going on as usual, but honestly there didn't need to be for everything to be effectively conveyed. It was interesting to focus more on Akira's friendship with Haruka in the first half - as that side of things hasn't been explored very much yet, other than in Akira distancing herself from everything to do with running - but once again the show shone when Kondo came in for the second half in the library, as once again we got small but important developments for both characters that are likely to go a long way in the long run: it's definitely interesting that Akira chose a book about running, when she has been running away (pun intended) from that for the whole show so far, and it'll be interesting to see what happens because of it.
Feb 16, 2018 10:24 AM

Mar 2015
Not a bad episode, but possibly the weakest so far with the focus on the girls' relationship and a somewhat eerie scene with Kondo. Curious about the book he got.
Also, isn't it Tachibana's injury that keeps her from running? It's not like she stopped because she lost interest or something. How is that book supposed to help?

Feb 16, 2018 10:29 AM

Apr 2009
Mixed emotions about this week's episode but still a solid 4/5.

The pacing of this episode felt slow to me, like a filler, even though it was not a filler. Not sure I liked that.

I think I am little annoyed with Kondou, the scene where he leaves Tachibana standing on crossing and doesn't even turn back to look at her kinda irked me. (Goes to show how well they are animating this to pull so many reactions from me). I get his awkwardness around Tachibana, it is valid. But really, does he really have to try so hard to deny what is obvious? Even though he realized why Tachibana asked for book recs, he dismissed that idea instantly, not the first time either, despite getting enough confirmations from Tachibana in previous episodes that she is not joking. I would totally understand if Kondou has no interest in Tachibana, but he should treat her seriously and not constantly dismiss what is in front of him. Acknowledging what she feels for him doesn't mean he has to accept or even appreciate those feelings. But I guess this frustration from Kondou's character is also part of the plan so I am not going to dwell on it too much.I guess I just want him to be fair to Tachibana, I don't mind whether or not they end up together as long as Tachibana grows from this experience.

The strongest highs in the episode were definitely 1) Tachibana's friend gifting her the special keychain, very touching a d 2) Tachibana listening to the sound of wind again at the end,I think the ending was pretty amazing and I can't wait for what's more to come.

Like I said this show takes me on emotional roller coaster ride. There are highs and lows but over all still it is amazing and exciting.
Feb 16, 2018 10:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The bit with tomboy girl was a bit pointless but once we focused on our MC's it got decidedly better. Very nice framing and shots.
Chihiro..I'm wondering who that is? I have my suspicions.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 16, 2018 12:18 PM
Mar 2016
Shit a lesbian backstory and moment between Haruka and Akira.
WhoahohoFeb 16, 2018 12:25 PM
Feb 16, 2018 1:29 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty good that they took the time to develop Haruka. One of the few series that's more show than tell. In that logic, it's hard not to appreciate the passage of time through the changes of weather.

elfprincess99 said:
Not a bad episode, but possibly the weakest so far with the focus on the girls' relationship and a somewhat eerie scene with Kondo. Curious about the book he got.
I'm thinking it's his ex-wife's book.
Feb 16, 2018 2:25 PM

Dec 2016
It's a little cute as well as a little creepy how far Tachibana goes in her quest to get closer to Kondou, but hey as long as they both end up somewhat happy lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 16, 2018 4:32 PM
Apr 2013
Piromysl said:

Looks like Haruka has became...

One with the fence.

LOL!

You've got a good eye for detail!
Feb 16, 2018 4:59 PM

Jun 2017
I really can't bring myself to care about the old friend so this was rather boring for me. Second half was better tho.
Feb 16, 2018 5:44 PM

Oct 2012
Heh, noticed that Haruka fence thing too... really don't know how they could forget to arrange layers :D

So he's actually still in love with ex-wife... well, obviously, it was probably she who asked for divorce.. I bet he still wants her back. Somehow I think the possibility of Akira and him getting together is even lower now, if anything he acts more of like father figure to her. Woudn't be surprised if they became friends in the end (too many parallels with Haruka too).

The flashback of both girls was nice and gacha part too. Even though they don't talk much now because Haruka reminds Akira of everything she can't be it seems it's not because she doesn't want, quite contrary, but it's hard for her to switch roles. Seems like they both moved in the different ways in their life, due to injury Akira had to grow up prematurely while Haruka is still dreaming her friend's dream.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

215 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

63 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

62 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

84 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

70 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.