Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 1, 2017 4:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That doll girl is so cute :3

Episode was kinda interesting with the black and white art style they used. It felt different compared to some of the other episodes. I'm kinda surprised how elegant the setting looks like when it rains.

What a pretty rainbow in the aftermath.
Stark700Nov 1, 2017 5:05 AM
Nov 1, 2017 5:25 AM

Apr 2010
This was nice another new worker appeared and a woman was working hard to make a rainbow.
I liked how Yuzu encouraged her the way she did it was nice and calming to watch and the woman seemed to enjoy it.
Sakura smiling was funny.
Nov 1, 2017 6:03 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fantastic episode all over the board.

Okiku had it very rough, being misunderstood as a creepy doll from her design that unnerves people and getting tossed into a dark room with trash.

She finally got attention and people that want to interact with her which is enough to make her bloom (look at her personality afterwards, very quirky, like every load fell off of her shoulders).

The second half was just beautiful, love the color contrast here, very vibrant color to the flowers. Have a feeling that flower language was used here, maybe someone can enlighten what it depicted if it is so?

Just so, so pleasant to watch, make me teary-eyed almost.
Nov 1, 2017 6:23 AM

Aug 2013
A new worker for Konohanatei.

Yuzu is so innocent and I love the way she always encourages everyone and Sakura smiling with the scissors was funny.

Once again, another great episode. The rainbow in the end was beautiful.

Nov 1, 2017 6:31 AM

Dec 2014
Beautiful episode again.

Seeing Okiku being born anew was very heartwarming. :)

The second half was my favorite though, from the rain to rainbows. Beautifully depicted and I loved the part where Yuzu told the priestess that she was just as unique as her sisters. :)
Nov 1, 2017 6:34 AM

Jan 2015
That cutting scene makes me remember about another Anime's reference... The Scissor and hair-cutting stuff. >_<
It's just getting harder to "resist" the cuteness for this show now that new member joined and she is a cute one too.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 1, 2017 7:23 AM

Nov 2008
That rainbow cloth made for a pretty ending. Okiku is wonderful and really cute with purple hair and twintails but my god she does look creepy with her initial hairstyle and the running gag with Sakura and scissors is hilarious. I also like the excellent use of black and white artstyle for most of the episode it really shows the beauty of this series.

Nov 1, 2017 7:31 AM
Mar 2015
This show has really grown beyond cute fox girls doing cute things. Last week they allowed a dying woman to say goodbye to the daughter who died early by allowing her to grow up This time they help a cursed doll become a real person and help a rainweaver who has an inferiority complex about her sisters weave a rainbow
Nov 1, 2017 7:39 AM

Nov 2016
Wonderful episode,it was a festival for the eyes and the OSTs were great too. I'm so glad that everything turned out well for Okiku.

Sakura and her scissor,tho xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 1, 2017 7:56 AM

Apr 2016
Is that doll now like the part of the inn staff ?
Nov 1, 2017 8:32 AM

Jun 2015
Okiku's backstory was quite sad. She looks so cute with her new makeover. She is now working for Konohanatei as a maid. Sakura smiling with her scissors was funny. The second half ended with a beautiful rainbow.
Nov 1, 2017 8:40 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Cute little doll as new character, nice~

Really relaxing episode, this is really like listening to a relaxing nature ASMR, Yuzu's humming also added the relaxing effect as well.

I love the weaving sound that glasses girl was making^^

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 1, 2017 9:09 AM
Nov 2016
Pretty well made episode. The first part was funny, no one was scared of the doll girl lol.

The second part was kinda interesting, I was wondering why the saturation of the colours in every scene suddenly fell and then when they showed the rainbow at the end, I understood.... They wanted the end to have more of an impact.
Nov 1, 2017 9:18 AM

Nov 2013
wow that rainbow =O
i mean it makes sense (rain + sun), but i was still amazed lol
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 1, 2017 9:26 AM

Jun 2016
Jesus Christ. God knows how much I hate dolls because they terrify the fuck outta me and seeing that creepy doll and looking at me then they close up the eyes. Ohmygod. Who needs sleep anyway? But then it turned to a cute doll, so I'm okay now. Don't do this to me! Glad Ren changed her look because that old look of hers sure is terrifying.

BUT I felt bad for her because nobody wanted her as a doll which I kinda understand because she sure looked so terrifying, but she's making me feel bad and love all the dolls that look like her. What the hell is this show trying to do to me? :/ Urinosuke ate her nightmare and turned it into a good dream with them being with her. Awwww. :3

Sakura is so cute scaring the smol doll. Hahaha. Aww baby Sakura stop being so cute. You're so fucking cute already, so stop. ;-;

THEY NAMED HER OKIKU. HAHAHAHAHA. SO CUUUUTE! :"D

The second half is good, too, but not as good as the first half with Okiku, but the way that girl transformed the rain into a thread was so beautiful. Glad Yuzu is there to cheer her up.

And holy crap I loved when there's not much color when it's raining then when it stopped, suddenly everything's colorful around them again. Freaking loved it.

I just noticed in the ED that Nacchan and Ren, and Yuzu and Satsuki are holding hands while watching the hanabi. Jeez. It's my first time watching the whole ED just because I felt like it and yeah I finally just noticed it. Don't mind me I'm just fangirling here.

KONAHANATEI'S HORROR STORIES NEXT EPISODE. HOLY CRAP. CAN'T WAIT!

5/5 for this episode. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 1, 2017 9:35 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That was kinda boring compared to the previous episodes
Nov 1, 2017 9:54 AM

Feb 2016
HaXXspetten said:
That was kinda boring compared to the previous episodes

Yeah A bit dull I agree, specially the sequence of making that rainbow thingy
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 1, 2017 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
Another episode that speaks to the heart with a very simple yet effective narrative. I did not think that already in this episode, we would have known the character in the new ending, I am astonished but happy. Very funny the narration, I laughed in taste. XD

Wow! 6886
Nov 1, 2017 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Ahhhh this episode makes me feel comfy as shit with the atmosphere. This was really good.

That doll by the way is so damn adorable >w<
Nov 1, 2017 11:10 AM

Apr 2012
Hydrangeas neeks.
Nov 1, 2017 1:19 PM

Aug 2013
It felt like 5 min episode. Amazing. So beautiful!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 1, 2017 1:59 PM

Sep 2013
New member joins, a living doll, they give her a makeover and call her okiku.
The rain weaving girl too serious and focused but yuzu's purity gets though to her, rainbow cloth :)
Nov 1, 2017 3:13 PM
Oct 2015
Nice ep. Urinosuke sure is earning his keep, though it's not clear if they're aware of his powers.

Just one thing I noticed: Sakura and the Inn's cook have the same hair and ears. I wonder if they're related...
Nov 1, 2017 3:50 PM

Oct 2014
Another lovely episode. A new character joined the staff and she has a really sad story for being a doll.

Great use of color in the second half of the episode. No surprise that the guest that got the focus of the episode was more than just a simple weaver. Yuzu knew just how to help the weaver because of her experience with Satsuki's issue.

I'm interested in what the "Horror Stories" of the next episode will entail.
Nov 1, 2017 4:10 PM

Nov 2015
I've mainly been watching this show for its cuteness factor without expecting much, but this episode and the one previous have both been genuinely good. Hopefully this trend will continue.
Nov 1, 2017 4:42 PM

May 2015
Absolutely beautiful. This show really has it all for me to call it one of the strongest shows this season, if not AOTS....

Nov 1, 2017 9:00 PM
May 2017
'Konohana Kitan' only gets better on every episode. Nice story. In fact, Okiku is a cutie.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Nov 2, 2017 1:38 AM

Apr 2011
Just when I need to something calm and relaxing to watch. This beautiful episode came. Seeing Okiku transform from scary looking to really cute was so good. Another cute addition to the team. Also the weaving scene and Yuzu's humming my goodness is so relaxing.

I love this episode. As if watching once isn't enough, I'll watch it again.
MagitoNov 2, 2017 8:47 AM
Nov 2, 2017 3:08 AM

Oct 2015
Aww the doll is just so cute, shamed that she is treated so badly. The make over is a little over the top but still kawaii. Great episode haha the introduction was spooky and next week horror stories hyped!
Nov 2, 2017 5:24 AM
Dec 2012
Great episode, lovely doll and rainbow weaver... 10/10
:v
Nov 2, 2017 7:00 AM

Jul 2015
She made a rainbow. How nice, this episode was nice, I like the doll, shes nice as well... Yeah that's about it. Good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 2, 2017 7:50 AM

Mar 2013
Well that's a beautiful Episode. Especially when the Rainbow shows up, and the sound of the weaving makes me calm tbh...

Looks like Okiku actually becomes a dress-up doll instead of the Japanese traditional doll she was lol... Also dat' Sakura with her ways with that Scissors.
Nov 2, 2017 11:17 AM

Nov 2011
This show has a plot - I like it.

And the episode really funny, Sakura's smile, haha.

Does anybody know the origin of the girl? At first I thought she might be Moira, but it's hardly the truth.
Nov 2, 2017 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
Whoever directed this episode did a really good job. The color contrasts were superb, it reminded me of Flip Flappers.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 2, 2017 12:23 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite a haunting tale that was. So this time the first guest is a talking doll then. So the doll is put off by the fact that no one is scared off her here. Hmm that doll really looks different after Ren went over her. So this doll was treated pretty harshly by others until now. No wonder it was surprised that everyone at the inn was so kind to it. That doll really looked cute in the maid outfit though. The weaver in the shed sure is focused on her task though enough to not even eat. Kiri's way of motivating always works wonders. Sakura really took a fancy to Okiku though didn't she. That tune that Yuzu hummed when she was with the weaver was cute. A weaver that creates threads made of rain cool. Its nice that Yuzu managed to motivate the weaver though. Wow so the weaver created a rainbow with her rain thread amazing. This was a really cute episode actually and i hope that Okiku can continue to appear.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2017 1:51 PM

Jan 2008
I really liked the bright glow of the the hydrangeas in that bleak colored rainy background. Her umbrella too.

When all the colors came back, that put a smile on my face.
Nov 2, 2017 6:15 PM
Apr 2016
Smudy said:
Fantastic episode all over the board.

Okiku had it very rough, being misunderstood as a creepy doll from her design that unnerves people and getting tossed into a dark room with trash.

She finally got attention and people that want to interact with her which is enough to make her bloom (look at her personality afterwards, very quirky, like every load fell off of her shoulders).

The second half was just beautiful, love the color contrast here, very vibrant color to the flowers. Have a feeling that flower language was used here, maybe someone can enlighten what it depicted if it is so?

Just so, so pleasant to watch, make me teary-eyed almost.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrangea

I found that on wikipedia, not sure if its the same type of plant, but there is a signification in Japanese flower language 😁.
Nov 2, 2017 7:21 PM

Jul 2016
The doll half of the episode was so much fun to watch. The doll was cleansed just by having the gang play with her.

The second half was even better. The black and white, more dull looking, art actually enhanced that part of the episode, since it matched the rainy mood so nicely. The machine the lady was using for weaving does have a surprisingly pleasant sound. Yuzu unleashed her beautiful singing/humming voice from getting entranced by the sound of weaving. The rain clothe turning into a rainbow was exactly what needed to happen to bring the episode to its calming and really fulfilling conclusion. The scene was just gorgeous and it really lifts up your spirit.

Is the show suppose to have 2 different ending themes, though? I can tell it does, but no sites I'm finding are confirming it besides catbox or whatever it's called having both.
KitsunehimeMilhiNov 2, 2017 7:42 PM

Nov 2, 2017 8:54 PM
Oct 2015
TakamiKaribuchi said:

Is the show suppose to have 2 different ending themes, though? I can tell it does, but no sites I'm finding are confirming it besides catbox or whatever it's called having both.

Yep, it's two different songs. I know the second one is summer themed, and I think the first one might be about spring, so if that holds, there could be two more endings for fall and winter. Maybe.
Nov 2, 2017 9:32 PM

Jul 2016
LeanMeanMachine said:
TakamiKaribuchi said:

Yep, it's two different songs. I know the second one is summer themed, and I think the first one might be about spring, so if that holds, there could be two more endings for fall and winter. Maybe.

That's cool. It's too bad that myanimelist and other sites don't list the newer ending theme yet. That explains why the ending theme cd isn't coming out until December. Hopefully, they'll play each theme one more time after they go through all of them as a refresher. I love the music, but it is weird to switch theme songs so much.

Sorry for rambling, just a little. Thanks for the information.

Nov 3, 2017 2:51 AM

Apr 2015
Was cute as always but the dialogue and the serious parts fell a bit flat.
Budget conservation was noticeable too
Nov 3, 2017 3:17 AM

Apr 2012
PownPowa said:
I found that on wikipedia, not sure if its the same type of plant, but there is a signification in Japanese flower language 😁.
Thanks, so they say it means "heartbeat" (red hydrangea). I searched here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanakotoba
and it says pride, might be a little more accurate (and it's more or less the same meaning in the western language of flowers).

That said it might have been picked up because it's emblematic of the rain season (tsuyu) since that's when the episode takes place, where it effectively pours rain and has rainbows.
Nov 3, 2017 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
omg I loved the second part of the episode. it was so calming, heartwarming, magical. I felt immersed in the atmosphere.... 10/10
Nov 4, 2017 12:03 AM

Jul 2016
Personally, I found the previous ep. to be better than this one but I have to admit that the art direction here was stunning. Loved the contrast between the flowers, the umbrella and the grayish background. And of course, the rainbow at the end just gives the contrast a far better meaning.

P.S.: I could easily fall asleep with Yuzu's humming, she's such an angel.
Nov 4, 2017 1:23 AM

Oct 2008
Another beautiful episode especially the completed cloth from the weave and shines like a rainbow!
4/5

Nov 5, 2017 9:31 AM
Apr 2017
The best ep for me
The second half is so good that I was touched when the rain weaver collect the silk from the rain, IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
In addition, the color vibrant is so well adjusted to fit those scene <3

Nov 9, 2017 1:58 AM

Jul 2009
Now we have a cute doll in the hotel! Also, second half was beautiful, the flowers!!!
Nov 11, 2017 6:28 AM
Mar 2012
First half was hilarious. Cool these stories aren't all isolated. The nightmare eating pig drew out Okiku's abandoned past.

EratiK said:
PownPowa said:
Thanks, so they say it means "heartbeat" (red hydrangea). I searched here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanakotoba
and it says pride, might be a little more accurate (and it's more or less the same meaning in the western language of flowers).

That said it might have been picked up because it's emblematic of the rain season (tsuyu) since that's when the episode takes place, where it effectively pours rain and has rainbows.

Rain part the use of greys & popping colors with the rhythmic loom & Yuzu's nice singing were quite something. Seems hydrangeas kinda connotes how "water vessel" needs lots of water, as she's weaving many "threads of rain" to create the rainbow. So far it's following the themes of hard work & changing seasons.
so that's how rainbows & summer arrives nice
Dec 24, 2017 4:33 AM

Sep 2012
Sakura found herself a play toy Okiku (always chasing her) lol

Yuzu makes friends where ever she goes (she is natural at making friends like some harem MC making girls swoon for him without trying) lol :)
Sugram22Dec 24, 2017 4:39 AM
Jan 6, 2018 10:28 PM
Nov 2017
Yuzu is such a little darling.

Okiku is adorable.

A very nice episode. I love the threads of rain.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2017

150 by Mayakashi-Sagan »»
Feb 17, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2017

59 by MesterRetek01 »»
Dec 23, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2017

124 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jul 4, 2023 4:15 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2017

86 by Daviljoe193 »»
Jun 21, 2023 4:57 PM

Poll: » Konohana Kitan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2017

57 by HanamiDango »»
Dec 15, 2022 10:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.