3It was OK
8.8%
2Disliked it
2.4%
1Hated it
0.7%
Average 4.5
536 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2017 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Apparently, the first episode is out on Amazon Strike now.

Poor Amy...I feel bad for her. But then again, the first episode establishes a principle premise of spies in a peculiar town. Music imo is a highlight in this show though even it's somewhat different. For what's worth, I think this series has potential as an original series. Ange is also a clever girl so far.

The theme songs (in particular OP theme song) is good. Looking forward to more!
Stark700Jul 9, 2017 7:09 AM
Jul 9, 2017 7:33 AM

Nov 2010
Here came hardboiled moe anime. The show is not as pessimistic as Gunslinger Girl, so far.
Jul 9, 2017 7:43 AM
Nov 2007
Loved the first episode. Every aspect was on point for me. Here's hoping the production doesn't fall apart later on down the line.
XeirosJul 9, 2017 9:04 AM
Jul 9, 2017 8:18 AM
Dec 2011
Let's pray Actas won't end up trolled 3hz like their "usual" anime this time.
Jul 9, 2017 9:25 AM

Jan 2017
That OP. Hot damn.

An explosive start into the show with some nice intrigue. Glad it lived up to my personal hype train.
Jul 9, 2017 9:52 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Apparently, the first episode is out on Amazon Strike now.

Poor Amy...I feel bad for her. But then again, the first episode establishes a principle premise of spies in a peculiar town. Music imo is a highlight in this show though even it's somewhat different. For what's worth, I think this series has potential as an original series. Ange is also a clever girl so far.

That's a nice OP song....Real nice
Jul 9, 2017 10:01 AM

Nov 2015
Pv3:
Very good:

Jul 9, 2017 10:25 AM

Dec 2014
What a great episode 1 !

Can't wait to see more of my probably favorite anime of 2017 !
Jul 9, 2017 11:12 AM

Dec 2014
I was hyped about this one and so far it didn't disappoint me.
I love 19th century settings, and London at that, just perfect. There are some fictional advanced techs ofc, but they fit well within the world imo. The ost is fantastic at setting up moods for this spy show too. Can't really find any fault so far, maybe just the car movement at the start was a bit off in certain shots; but aside from that an excellent episode. I need a good moe spy anime to forget about that epic fail that Joker Game was.
Can't wait for next week!
Jul 9, 2017 11:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
BRAVO Princess Principal, BRAVO

I had high hopes for this anime and it did not disappoint one bit.....I liked Jokers Game a lot but this is what I wished it was more like.....The tone is great, animation (And the art style) is decent enough, the music is very fitting and it gave us just enough info to set up the premise in a decent way - Perfect setting too

But what I loved most of all is that the characters are so intriguing and how they even each have their own specific skill set too (I couldn't believe it when I saw the younger looking girl disguise her voice like that) which makes this even more cool and further sets the characters apart from each other instead of them all being pretty much the same - The spy aspect in general is just great

This was one of my 4 picks for being the dark horse of the season and so far I can't decide on which I loved more between this and Made in Abyss (My other choice along with Altair and Vatican)...Great start overall though, and I LOVE how dark this got with the action scenes too

But as for the whole situation with the scientist guy, I felt kinda bad for him in the end but at the same time, he shouldn't have expected anything different either so in short, he got what he was looking for....However, what happened to his sister in the end was sweet so at least his death wasn't in vain

Most of all this whole thing really adds a lot to the character of the main girl and as such, it's gonna be interesting to see how her character progresses throughout the series

TokoyaJul 9, 2017 11:39 AM
Jul 9, 2017 11:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This was lit.

Main girl is a liar and the guy was trying to lure the spy organization out. I didn't expect this at all.

Brutal execution at the end, also that one guy is now swiss cheese, DAMN! o__O

OST is good, too. Yuki Kajiura hype.
Jul 9, 2017 11:38 AM

Feb 2014
That was really good first episode. Definitely takes the crown for best OP/ED Iv seen so far this season. I keep thinking why little girls as spies but I guess it does not matter to much. Absolutely dope setting and gizmos. Promising start
Jul 9, 2017 11:40 AM

May 2015
Solid episode. This looks like it can be a fun episodic adventure series.

All the characters are cool so far. Ange is the easy favorite so far.

The aesthetic of the show is quite nice, it fully embraces the steampunk and it's setting. Soundtrack was on point this episode as well and helped the experience a lot.

The actual story of the episode was simple, and had a few nice twists. The final scene where Ange shoots the guy to death was the best scene of the episode.

Overall, it was good, I'll see what else it has to offer.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jul 9, 2017 11:46 AM

Mar 2017
Well, that was great. Also, ED is very Spice and Wolf-ish, I like that
Jul 9, 2017 11:46 AM

Apr 2016
This is amazing. I love it.. It was a little sad at the end.. T_T
The opening is so amazing ..Can't wait for next episode

Jul 9, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2008
That first scene after opening...
Is just like in Ghost in the Shell :)
Jul 9, 2017 11:56 AM

Nov 2010
Oh that was nice, i really like the setting. and the anime has a lot of potential.

Need to get to know the characters more but overall, i like it very much.
Jul 9, 2017 11:59 AM

Jan 2015
I don't really know what to said about this Anime at first. Aside from the super power thing, the spy and action element feels like a common thing so far. The spy girls are pretty cute though. But the moment it got to know about Amy, and the Defective's reason... I guess this might be considered to wait for the second episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 9, 2017 12:00 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Ange is so fucking cute, but that's the only reason to watch the anime

Jul 9, 2017 12:06 PM
Aug 2015
Dunno how I feel about this show, looks like it will get boring as the show progresses, but the ending in this particular episode wasn't that bad. Just have to wait and see, I guess.
Jul 9, 2017 12:12 PM

Mar 2014
Well that was fun. So far this was one of the most interesting first episodes for this season (at least from the shows I tried watching).
Jul 9, 2017 12:13 PM
Apr 2012
That was good especially the ending parts, best first episode this season.
Jul 9, 2017 12:23 PM

Jun 2011
So it's 91 Days/Noir/Izetta/Spicy Wolf/DtB/Cowboy Bebop/Death Parade/Milky Holmes(?) Steampunk edition?

Mite be cool.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jul 9, 2017 12:24 PM
Nov 2016
The series does have potential. The setting has a steampunk feel to it but the story telling feels a lot like Joker Game.
Jul 9, 2017 12:28 PM

Jan 2015
It was pretty good.

The ending was definitely something else
"Are you going to kill me"
"no, no, no, no"

Epic

Duckerz said:
Dunno how I feel about this show, looks like it will get boring as the show progresses, but the ending in this particular episode wasn't that bad. Just have to wait and see, I guess.

I feel the same
XenocrisiJul 9, 2017 12:33 PM
Jul 9, 2017 12:31 PM

Jun 2013
Woah! This was actually really good!
This has a lot of potential!
Jul 9, 2017 12:31 PM

Jun 2015
Very good start for this show. The setting looks very cool. I like the OP. The OST is great. Ange is a clever girl with her lies. The other girls are skilled as well. Looking forward to see more.
Jul 9, 2017 12:32 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, to be honest, I didn't expect such a fabulous start to this show, Princess Principal. Definitely the best first episode of the season so far and that too by a distance. The setting of the show was just brilliant along with the wonderful animation and stunning music. Furthermore, the characters seem to be really cool as well so that is also a great feature. To sum things up, this show has got ounces of potential and therefore here's to hoping it will be fulfilled in an unpredicatable and stylistic fashion.
_MushiRock11_Jul 9, 2017 12:40 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 9, 2017 1:34 PM

Aug 2013
This was completely different from what I was expecting and I'm not disappointed. I feel like this might be the dark horse of the season but it is definitely something I'll stick with. Epic OP, Yuki Kajiura music, and some action and edge? I'm down regardless of that moeshit.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 9, 2017 1:38 PM

Sep 2013
Great start, everyone lying their asses off and the guy dies but atleast his sister is saved :'(
Jul 9, 2017 1:43 PM

Apr 2009
Wonderful start for the show. I really enjoyed this first episode.

The setting is super marvelous, the characters are all interesting so far, and there's plenty of mystery and action to share.

That loli girl who can change her voice is my favorite so far. Genius!

And everybody lies in this show, lol. Who do you trust then?
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Jul 9, 2017 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
That was so good. It delivered the first episode well. Hope it keeps it up. It has an interesting setting and the music and soundtracks are great. The OP is good and I'm liking its's visuals. Also the characters are so cute, especially Ange.

That ending with Ange killing that guy was epic. I actually fell for her lie and though she was going to spare him. O.O

Jul 9, 2017 2:09 PM

May 2015
Flashy OP, but not really my kind of thing. ED was kinda meh as well. Yuki Kajiura's music was definitely evident though.

Episode started quite flashy too, but it sure turned bloody for a moment. Interesting start so far in my opinion. Looking forward to see this show's direction.

Jul 9, 2017 2:12 PM

Sep 2016
it was dull and boring at first, but getting better towards the end.
of course Ange is best girl because her name is Ange, must be auto best girl.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 9, 2017 2:14 PM

Aug 2013
I started it only because I was never disappointed by studio 3Hz. And actually despite the setting (which is rather not a my favorite on at all) first episode turned out to be interesting.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 9, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
Much better than I expected. Its nice to see a proper SteamPunk anime, one that fully embraces it and uses the setting to its advantage.

This could be a real surprise this season
Jul 9, 2017 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
I don't understand why they needed to have little girls doing all of this. It would have worked fine with young adults in their late teens to early 20s. I want to highlight that this is a compliment as it indicates it does not need to rely on having under-aged girls to sell itself. As long as it remains this way this will end up being one of the stronger offerings this season (not like there is any real competition).
Jul 9, 2017 2:31 PM

Apr 2014
Loli's kind of ruin the vibe, but ok.
That ED engrish is unbearable..
And it's so pleasing to hear Kajiura compositions.
Jul 9, 2017 2:34 PM

Sep 2016
Shirasho said:
I don't understand why they needed to have little girls doing all of this. It would have worked fine with young adults in their late teens to early 20s. I want to highlight that this is a compliment as it indicates it does not need to rely on having under-aged girls to sell itself. As long as it remains this way this will end up being one of the stronger offerings this season (not like there is any real competition).
to distinguish this anime from joker game
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 9, 2017 2:37 PM

Jan 2014
GangsterCat said:
Shirasho said:

Joker Game was good for the most part

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jul 9, 2017 2:50 PM

Apr 2015
Okouchi/10

Looking forward to how he fuck shit up this time.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 9, 2017 2:51 PM

Sep 2016
TYxTxYT said:
Okouchi/10

Looking forward to how he fuck shit up this time.
adding unnecessary lolis and magic in this kind of setting already 1st step to fuck shit up
CrossAnge

Jul 9, 2017 2:55 PM

Oct 2010
"I'm from the black lizard planet" reminds me of Vastra from Doctor Who. Also in a "Victorian" English setting: "Good evening. I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."

Zelev said:
GangsterCat said:

Joker Game was good for the most part

@Shirasho I assumed some of them are in their late teens, since it's a high school? But they're drawn "moe style", so even in their 30's they'd still look about the same. Like for instance https://myanimelist.net/character/94957/Midori_Aoyama or any Key mother.

@GangsterCat Having women in their 30's would still distinguish it from Joker Game... but then it wouldn't have the "HEY GUYS SORRY IT'S NOT JAPAN BUT LOOK THEY'RE STILL HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS SO PLEASE WATCH AND SUPPORT YOROSHIKU ONEGAISHIMASU" attack angle it has

This is the biggest "You thought this one wouldn't have a high school WROOONG" I've had since... uh... since I watched Gosick last month. (Yeah, I don't really research shows before I watch them)

@Zelev Wanting to distinguish a show from another doesn't mean the other is bad :)
Jul 9, 2017 2:57 PM
Jul 2016
they actualy menaged to mak it "hard boiled" and moe at the same time :P good one waiting for more
Jul 9, 2017 3:00 PM

Mar 2012
Wow.
I didn't expect à great épisode like it !
Op&ed were very good too.
One of the best pilot.
Steampunk is life.

Jul 2007
Second best season premiere so far. And among the most visually pleasing shows this season too.

Let's just hope it does not somehow fall into YAYJAPANDIDNOTHINGWRONG propaganda like Joker Game did.

Jul 2016
I wasn't expecting anything from this. I thought it would be pretty bad, but I was pleasantly surprised. It certainly has potentials.

I'm curious though, is that old man dead or not?

I know that she (don't remember her name yet) lies a lot, but it didn't appear that she killed him on the spot. They needed him to stay alive to get insurance money for her daughter.

Did they kill him later on (as stated in the anime) or are they lying about having killed him?

You know, there's so much lies going on, we can never be too sure unless we see a clear bullet in their head!

Jul 9, 2017 3:27 PM

Oct 2015
Stark700 said:

best song in summer 2017 so far .
Jul 9, 2017 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
That was good. Cool tip of the hat to H.G. Wells with Cavorite. Chise in her jingasa was badass.
Jul 9, 2017 3:54 PM

Apr 2016
Yay! This was a great first episode! Exciting action and cool characters; I can't wait to continue this steampunk adventure! Here's hoping the show heads in a good direction.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

102 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 17, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

132 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:11 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Thatonebadbro - Sep 24, 2017

183 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

117 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 11:43 AM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2017

141 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.