Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 8, 2017 7:25 PM

Jul 2013
This is what I call a perfect episode. For sure, we saw it coming... Akko let out a FLAG in her chat with Andrew, but oh boy, what a turn this took.

More and more I'm becoming a follower of "TRIGGER saved anime" doctrine. This episode was just marvelous!
Gotta update this soon™
Jun 8, 2017 7:55 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
That was a really really solid twist. It explains so much that need to be explained, such as Akko's difficulty with magic.

Very much looking forward to Chariot's explanation for all of this. It's hard to believe that she would willingly take magic away from others.

But it's finally out, Akko finally knows the truth about Chariot. It wasn't as grandiose as I had hoped but considering where we are right now, I don't mind at all.
Jun 8, 2017 10:15 PM
Jun 2017
Now that's what we call unexpected plot twist
Jun 9, 2017 2:03 PM

Jun 2013
Andrew should take his own advice.

I was so excited for the reveal, but it didn't quite turn out how I expected. I still like Chariot a lot, but this is obviously making her look quite a lot grayer, in a tragic way.

LeeTailorJun 9, 2017 2:20 PM
Jun 9, 2017 3:00 PM

Sep 2015
Well that was a bomb shell. I was so mad they once again (predictably at this point) put off revealing Ursula's identity. But that ending was kind of devastating. And even though Croix's emotion driven magic hints at it. I did not expect that at all. Wonder if that was really the idea for why Akko was a dunce witch all the way back in the OVA. And what's going to happen between her and Chariot next. Hell of a way to end the episode Trigger.

Before that crushing ending though, lot of things I loved about this episode. Even though the football feud set up last time is honestly REALLY stupid. I think the animation has improved again. After taking a dip around the mid season break (with a few exceptions like the mech episode). And as someone who wasn't super into Andrew and Akko. I loved their scene together this time. It was so cute and charming, plus it really shows how both characters have grown. My only complaint, the series has been sidelining Lotte and Sucy super hard lately. Hope their importance picks up again in the remaining three episodes.
Jun 10, 2017 12:16 AM

Jan 2013
One more big hurdle to overcome to reach the final word.
Interesting, Chariot must have taken the magic away from many children.
Jun 10, 2017 6:00 PM

Jun 2017
So, was it a goal or not?

(Clueless.)

Jun 10, 2017 7:44 PM

Sep 2011
Got to say, I was not expecting this twist at all and it greatly increased my respect for this series.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 11, 2017 2:46 AM

Jun 2015
Tirinchas said:
So, was it a goal or not?

(Clueless.)

It counted.
Jun 11, 2017 11:23 AM

Aug 2016
I spent the whole ep 21 wanting to slap Akko but after this episode...Poor Akko. It will definitely be interesting to see how she will act in the next episode.
Jun 11, 2017 6:01 PM

Apr 2016
Well... god fucking damn.

Edit: Now that I've located my words again, I have to say this is one of the first plot twists I've seen in anything that I would characterize as legitimately shocking. I mean, my feelings for LWA or its characters to this point haven't exceeded "it's pretty good" to this point, and I still feel numb right now. That's no small feat.
willingscapegoatJun 11, 2017 6:17 PM
Jun 12, 2017 12:41 AM

Mar 2009
Actually felt bad for Akko here. Never meet your idols...
Great acting by Megumi Han at the end there.

Anyway, at least this explains why Ursula was hesitant to tell her the truth.
Jun 13, 2017 11:18 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, that was.. , my heart wasn't ready for this dang it
Jun 15, 2017 10:00 AM

Feb 2017
I wasn't expecting that plot twist, damn!

This mean that the only reason for Akko being bad at magic was fault of her all-life idol Shiny Chariot, that's cruel (and great in a plotwise perspective).
Jun 18, 2017 4:31 AM

Jul 2009
I still don't know why we have Andrew in this...I mean, have he done something for the story? No, so why? Just to give Akko a male interest?
Finally! Ursula said the true, so she was using a magic like Croix in her shows, Diana also had her magic stole =/
Jun 18, 2017 5:24 PM

Jan 2013
I am speechless...This revelation was totally unexpected.
The one who Akko loved the most was the one who took her magical powers :(
And plus it was revealed to Akko who is Chariot in the worst possible way.
I feel so bad for Akko, but i believe there is much more to be unveiled, that will explain why Chariot did that. Because we all know that Croix is a bi*** and she will only tell what is better for her.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 18, 2017 5:25 PM

Jan 2013
Ligerleon89 said:
Darn it. I guess Ursula or should I say Chariot. What she did with Dream Fuel Spirit, it was supposed to be her solution to somehow unlock the Seventh Word, only for it to go so wrong, and it was paid for that mistake with Akko's and dozens of others' magical ability. She hesitated to speak the truth, only for Croix to give part of that truth to Akko in the worse way possible, if only to prevent and discourage Akko from looking for the Seventh Word and access to the Grand Triskelion (spelled wrong sorry).

But it sucks knowing that Shiny Chariot, the one Akko looked up to was the one who took away her magical potential. A person asked the last time whether or not Chariot knew that the Dream Fuel Spirit was taking around their magic. Maybe she wasn't aware. Diana was also in that show, but she recovered her magic through dedication and perseverance. Knowing that, Diana's going to have to at least step up and help Akko the way Akko helped her. And not just her, but her friends that she helped throughout all the episode so far.

Well...this episode made me replay Gunstar Heroes and Blaster Master Zero, I need something to blow up after that episode.

Great episode and i agree 100% with you.
There is definitely something more behind why Chariot did it.

P.S - Great comment btw
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 25, 2017 5:23 AM
Mar 2012
Croix: welcome to da matrix
Chariot: gainax level image shattering plottwist
Akko: everything's a lie!
Jun 25, 2017 12:08 PM

Jun 2015
This was a revelation beyond description.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 25, 2017 3:07 PM

Aug 2016
Surprised no one got this reference to Little Britain at the start.

Jul 2, 2017 9:47 PM

May 2012
That sad reveal :| poor Akko! Great episode in general though, especially that ending was epic! Let's see what's next.
Jul 6, 2017 1:36 PM

Jun 2013
Dear Politician Father....How about you SHut the F*** up? X) I hope that Andrew grows up a Pair and Defies his father..Andrew could some point just leave from his father house or something, that would teach him a lesson.

God Damn Croix...she is using hatred to Power up what ever plan she is planning and does not give a F**k about that it will most likely cause a War? and Damn...I knew it...Ursula was affected by pollen....No Chariot powers then.

WELL, Akko saw real personality of the Croix...Jealous, Bitter Witch....O_O Oh hell....Akko finally found who Chariot is....I have Baad feeling about this...WTF!? That Magic Show Stole Magic!? Oh hell poor Akko! One of the most saddest moments...Unbelievable betrayal
Croix just turned this round Straight out victory!

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 12, 2017 2:05 PM

Aug 2012
-um excuse you, you coulda done that last episode
-but like seriously where did this soccer stuff come from i have zero recollection of anything related to sports in this anime
-bruh
-the true phasansheer shearylla was the friendships we made along the way
-bruh the best time woulda been during the last episode
-blue balls the anime
-maybe the wagandea spores will make this show interesting again, no magic against new age tech magic has the potential to be pretty interesting
-at least akko's still an adorable goofball
-somehow it took 22 episodes for anyone to say what andrew just did
-wait never mind akko said a variation of that thing to andrew during the party she crashed
-torille
-that could actually be a pretty non-invasive way of generating magic but not exactly the way croix set it up
-where did chariot even come from
-the real chariot was the friendships we made along the way
- B R U H Y O U C O U L D A T O L D H E R P R O P E R L Y L A S T E P I S O D E

-wait
-wait
-wait
-now wait just a goddamn moment

Well, I got accidentally spoiled in an anime discussion topic on another site on how Chariot fucked up somehow, but I didn't expect it to be something of this scale. Like, Chariot's initial reactions to Akko all still make sense in the context of that bombshell dropped in this episode. Things definitely just got a bunch more interesting, but the second half of the show is still vastly inferior to the first half.
Jul 13, 2017 5:09 AM

Jul 2013
Holy fuck I did not see that coming from Chariot holy. That was intense. Akko's disbelief as well... wow, I feel for you ;_;
Jul 17, 2017 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
That was a good twist!
Jul 19, 2017 12:51 PM

Jun 2016
Damn, I'm SHOOK at this episode honestly
Jul 26, 2017 12:16 PM

Sep 2014
Wow! Lots of stuff was revealed!
It's not like Ursula/Chariot is free of guilt. Getting magic energy from positive feelings (instead of rage, like Croix does) is good, but stealing the ability to do magic is terrible! Poor Akko was so broken and betrayed when she realized that her ideals were fake and that her idol was responsible for her own magic incompetence. Ursula/Chariot looked extremely sad and regretful, too. ;_;
(Evil Croix enjoyed the whole scene. That's not cool. >:( )

As some people already mentioned, this also explains why Diana lost her magic when she was a child. She also saw Chariot's show.
However, she regained her magic skills through hard work and became the academy's top student, so Chariot's magic stealing is reversible! This is important!
I really really want to believe that Ursula/Chariot supported Akko so much this far because she felt guilty and wanted to help Akko regain her magic.

Maybe unlocking the seventh word and releasing Grand Triskellion might restore everyone's magic? Croix doesn't want it to be released "naturally". I guess that's why she developed that artificial Shiny Rod. She wants to control it somehow.

Let's see what happens in the last 3 episodes. I really hope Akko and Ursula/Chariot will become friends again.

P.S.: Not sure if the goal was against Germany or Argentina since both of them were at war with Britain at some point and both of them had matches with Britain in real life where controversial goals were scored. lol
LhasApsJul 26, 2017 12:31 PM
Aug 1, 2017 4:35 AM

Jan 2011
Damn, that reveal actually upset me.
Aug 6, 2017 4:08 PM

Oct 2012
The moment when you realize the one who betrayed you the most was the one who was supporting you all the way.. crushing your dreams instantly.

The revelation was just too hard to swallow... and I bet noone expected it would go like this.

Very sad episode indeed.. When things can go wrong it gets wrong, and just in the moment when you need it the most your dream are turned to dust.
Just when you are nearing the goal your are being backstabbed by your nearest friend.

Welp. Now I understand why Ursula felt so guilty and insecure all the time. The moment when you realize her shows were no different from what Croix now does. Her burden is simply way too heavy. And poor Akko who instantly stopped being a child and was forced to mature in that short moment.
Aug 27, 2017 1:24 PM

Apr 2015
Chariot at least had good intentions with her alternative magic energy. She didn't count on someone with dreams of becoming a witch as being in her audience. And it's not like Akko can't do magic at all - she just can't fly.

Croix...Croix is just evil.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 6, 2017 7:24 PM

Aug 2007
Ups, So Chariots steals Ako's magic. That means she also steal Diana's magic. That explains a lot. Things are getting better.
Sep 10, 2017 6:06 PM
Jun 2013
so using emotions as fuel? Did they watch monsters inc? Also what chariot did seems way worse. I mean she actually stole magical powers from people. warren also seems to be hitting off with akko more.
souledge94Sep 10, 2017 6:28 PM
Sep 12, 2017 8:04 PM

Mar 2015
Couldn't have chosen a better time to spill the beans - but wow I didn't expect Chariot's show to have such a dark and probably selfish intention. Poor Akko! But again she continues to show how much of a child she is.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 15, 2017 12:06 AM

Jan 2013
Woah poor Akko I didn't expect this...

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 30, 2017 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
RoryBurrows said:
Surprised no one got this reference to Little Britain at the start.

Nice eye you got there.
I wonder how many more pop culture references I missed. Other than the Chumlee reference.

Also, on the previous episode there was someone with a KLK avatar criticizing the referee. The social media user said: "Piece of sh*t refree and POS game."

I didn't expect any swear words on this anime lol. Props for that Kill la Kill reference, though.
Nov 17, 2017 4:47 AM

Feb 2014
Come to think of it, I always wondered how Chariot was able to put on such an elaborate magical show when she was so far away from the school's sorcerer's stone. Those "batteries" that witches usually carry are useless beyond a couple of simple spells.

But man, didn't expect it to turn this dark. I thought the show was going to continue with its light-hearted "family friendly" tone until the end. At least something good came out of this Croix plot.
Dec 9, 2017 1:29 AM

Feb 2010
Omg so intense! I feel bad for chariot. And that taking people magic is crazy! I should be sleeping XD
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Dec 14, 2017 7:47 AM

Jun 2015
Amazing episode. Really glad that I stuck with this show. The build up was worth it.
Dec 15, 2017 1:07 PM

May 2015
Well, fuck you Chariot. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 22, 2017 10:32 AM

Dec 2012
Talk about a real soul sucking episode. Chariot not only absorbed Akko's dreams, but shattered them as well. She's been trying to atone for it by encouraging Akko to keep working hard, but the damage done is still a heavy blow. I wasn't even sure how to feel during that exchange, I can hardly imagine the conflicting surge of emotions Akko was having to deal with.
Dec 27, 2017 9:27 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, that was a shock.

The one who inspired her to have a dream was the one who made her weak. This explains so much about why Akko is not as powerful.
Jan 6, 2018 1:11 AM

Dec 2016
The first half of this episode was solid, but man the second half was pretty fucking awesome in both animation and storytelling. These final three episodes are going to be crazy!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 19, 2018 7:00 AM

Aug 2009
Well damn, I wasn't ready for this episode. The animation was so good. Chariot's entrance on the roof was fucking badass. And dat plot twist, wow.

5/5
Feb 3, 2018 3:01 PM

Aug 2017
Another 5/5. God, this is now one of my favourite animes. The plot twist was great and not forced. Poor Akko. 5/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 5, 2018 4:17 AM

Jun 2015
Last ep 21, i was so upset to the point i was about to drop this series. "JUST F***ING TELL HER!!". I decided to gave it a chance and move on to ep 22, i sweared that if she wouldn't tell her about her identity in this episode, i'd drop it

And then there came the twist.
my heart is broken. poor Akko man :'(
Feb 8, 2018 11:16 AM

Sep 2011
Damn that was dark. Didn't expect that at all.
Feb 28, 2018 11:00 AM

Oct 2011
WHAAAAAAAAAAT O_____O
May 13, 2018 1:03 PM

Apr 2015
Ok ok ok ... I have to admit ... I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING

THAT WAS A GOOD TWIST

observing a woman's body
May 14, 2018 7:44 PM
Dec 2017
So Chariot is responsible for Akko having zero talent in magic. That caught me off guard, but it makes sense. This will probably be covered later, but why wasn't Diana affected by this? I saw her in the first episode watching Chariot's magic show with little Akko. Though that Andrew did say that Diana spent most of her childhood overcoming this. So does that mean that with hard work, they can "rebuild" that magic they lost?
May 26, 2018 10:43 PM

Dec 2012
Wow... That performance absorbs dreams so Akko can't dream anymore and can't ride a broom that's fucked up O.o
I just realized Diana got that card also so She watched Chariot's performance that's why she lost her power as a child and somewhat regais her magic again O_O
GosuDRMMay 26, 2018 10:47 PM

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2017

152 by LFC123 »»
Mar 21, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

116 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:57 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

159 by Sr_Caneca »»
Mar 7, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2017

310 by HoneyBees91 »»
Feb 28, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Little Witch Academia (TV) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2017

186 by trueauracoral »»
Feb 18, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.