Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2017 1:43 PM

Jan 2015
whenever i watch an anime involving highschool girls i feel kinda ashamed like "wtf am i doing with my life" or "imagine if somone saw me watching this". i still like the show but i cant stop thinking that im some no life 15 yr old watching little japanese girls in cartoons.

any of you guys get that?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2017 1:45 PM

Feb 2016
No, because I dont watch such shows. I suggest denying the fact that its retarded to do so and just learn living with it, like many others do.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

May 24, 2017 1:45 PM

Sep 2016
No, it's just you.

Don't watch anime involving highschool girls if you don't like it.
One man is no more than another, if he do no more than what another does.

May 24, 2017 1:46 PM
Jan 2016
No matter what the subject matter is, the answer to a question starting with "Am I the only one that.." is always a no. So people, please stop asking such stupid questions. if you want to ask people if they feel a certain way, just ask it normally.

But when it comes to me, no, I don't feel this way. I wouldn't go around talking about the type of anime I watch to normies, but if asked, I wouldn't really hide it.

Sep 2012
we back

Aug 2015
I sometimes feel something like that.
Like I'll be watching an anime and then I'll see a cute kawaii grill and I think to myself "ah so kawaiiii, ah wait, she's in middle school".

So yeah, I kinda get what you're saying.
May 24, 2017 1:49 PM

Oct 2013
would you feel better if I told you I'm 20 years old and I have a body pillow of my waifu?
May 24, 2017 1:50 PM

Apr 2016
OP your drop list and favorite list is subject of shame so don't worry.
May 24, 2017 1:59 PM

Jan 2016
OP i have friends and ex classmates that are marrying and some having children. While i'm spending my free time reading comics and watching chinese cartoons.
May 24, 2017 1:59 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Nope, can't say I relate.

Then again, I put wincest in big colorful letters on my profile and I have a body pillow of an 11 year old, so this sort of shame is probably just going to be forever lost on me.

May 24, 2017 2:01 PM

May 2016
You only think you're a "no life" because you're still chained to those brainwashing normie notions that you're only truly living if you have a socially active and productive life full of friends and social gatherings.

Rid yourself of those filthy chains of social life conditioning that keep you from being truly happy. Do it...Before it's too late XD.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 24, 2017 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
no I do not feel shame when watching highschool girl anime, the only thing I feel when watching them is the gentle caress of my right hand on my dick.

Manaban said:
Nope, can't say I relate.

Then again, I put wincest in big colorful letters on my profile and I have a body pillow of an 11 year old, so this sort of shame is probably just going to be forever lost on me.
whose body pillow have you got?
May 24, 2017 2:07 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
im sure when people play video games where you blow each other away people are thinking the same thing...

-sarcasm

its called idealized fiction... theres nothing to be ashamed of

if you feel "creepy" watching anime about highschool girls, then you probably are actually creepy irl.. if you know you're not creepy irl, then wtf is the issue?
May 24, 2017 2:07 PM

Oct 2014
I mean, I'm sure there are other people who feel like their love for cute girl anime is wrong, but a lot more are completely fine with it. Just enjoy them and don't worry about what other people think. That's what I always do. Schoolgirl anime are great.
May 24, 2017 2:09 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
May 24, 2017 2:12 PM

Apr 2017
How is it creepy at all when you're 15??!!?!?? If anything it's ambitious and inspiring to think you have a hoot in hell of getting one lol

Basically, do you not want a kawaii Japanese high school girl??? Are you nuts/gay?
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
May 24, 2017 2:15 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
wait a minute, I didn't see OP say he was 15

there isn't a single reason to feel shame in your case whatsoever, you're all good OP, it's not creepy at all

May 24, 2017 2:25 PM

Feb 2015
I've watched anime that were a lot... weirder than those with a bunch of high school students in it. So, not really...
May 24, 2017 2:35 PM

Apr 2015
Some of the best, most culturally accepted shows of all time have revolved around high school girls. Daria, My So-Called Life, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, etc.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 24, 2017 2:36 PM
Jul 2016
Deknijff said:
would you feel better if I told you I'm 20 years old and I have a body pillow of my waifu?

I can one up you on that!

Im 21 years old and I have a Body pillow of my Waifu
May 24, 2017 2:45 PM

Jan 2017
I watch anime about badass hot guys fighting, and I feel really proud of myself lol. (cause people think I'm really girly and innocent, and when they find out my anime/game/movies taste they be like wtf)

A lot of people watch things that no one would expect them to watch.
May 24, 2017 2:59 PM

Apr 2016
Manaban said:
Darek said:
whose body pillow have you got?

Shiro

phone camera is shitty, so pardon the poor pic quality

That is a beautiful body pillow. I don't see any stains on it though XD
May 24, 2017 3:32 PM

Nov 2013
yes, it's always only you
seriously, what kind of question is this? with 7b people, it's always only you lmao
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 24, 2017 3:35 PM

Jun 2014
toxicbullets100 said:
whenever i watch an anime involving highschool girls i feel kinda ashamed like "wtf am i doing with my life" or "imagine if somone saw me watching this". i still like the show but i cant stop thinking that im some no life 15 yr old watching little japanese girls in cartoons.

Then stop watching it if you feel ashamed for whatever reason. I still watch anime like PriPara, Aikatsu and Precure and never feel ashamed. Have you seen the ages on those characters?

Don't worry about it so much.
May 24, 2017 3:42 PM

Mar 2016
toxicbullets100 said:
whenever i watch an anime involving highschool girls

you could
just
not watch that kind of anime?
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
May 24, 2017 4:10 PM

Feb 2010
Haha no, I need much less incentive than that to ask myself what I am doing with my life.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 24, 2017 4:12 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
BlackKroh said:
Deknijff said:

pfft.. yall suck

i'm 27 and i have like 25 waifu pillows

one of my coworkers is like 40 and he and his wife collect dakimakuras.. his wife also downloads him perverted anime... im like "tf did you find this amazing woman?"

Aug 2013
I don't watch high school moe shit so I don't have that problem.

Nov 2016
No, just because it's not common in society doesn't mean it make me feel weird about myself.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 24, 2017 4:34 PM
Jul 2018
toxicbullets100 said:
i still like the show but i cant stop thinking that im some no life 15 yr old watching little japanese girls in cartoons.

B-But you are indeed a no life 15 yr old watching little japanese girls in cartoons OP :v

You are most likely not the only one that fells that way, but my advise is: stop being so insecure with your hobby!
May 24, 2017 4:44 PM

Oct 2016
Never felt anything like that, or rather i just don't care.

There's no need for you to be playing the adult on MAL forums with the "what am i doing with my life" thing. Just have fun watching anime. And if you feel ashamed about it, simply quit already.

This reminds me of some people i know who will close their anime windows if someone comes in their room.
May 24, 2017 4:54 PM

Nov 2015
Lets see... High school is somewhere between 16-18, and ur age is 15
So u r not ashamed watching little girl OP nununununuu
U r ashamed watching onee-san
Although its different if by being 15 u r already a college student or a salaryman
Just watch middleschool m8 its way more normal, trust me.. TRUST ME
InzegendMay 24, 2017 5:06 PM
~Yume's Ass and Shihiro's Boobs are gifts from God for us foolish Mortals~

May 24, 2017 4:56 PM

Feb 2017
Not really. At least anime gives me something to do while I'm doing nothing with my life.

You shouldn't really care what other people would think about you watching anime. You enjoy it, so why does anyone else's opinion matter?
eamijMay 24, 2017 5:00 PM
May 24, 2017 4:58 PM

Jul 2015
I get around that by only talking to the people I watch anime with :^)

May 24, 2017 5:46 PM

Oct 2015
Manaban said:
wait a minute, I didn't see OP say he was 15

there isn't a single reason to feel shame in your case whatsoever, you're all good OP, it's not creepy at all

>body pillow
>not at all lewd
>you disgust me, and disappoint me
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 24, 2017 5:47 PM

Oct 2016
toxicbullets100 said:
"imagine if somone saw me watching this"

bitch when i watch some anime idol dancing on my TV, my mom walked in and she just stare at me awkwardly, and i don't know what to do honestly.
May 24, 2017 5:49 PM

Oct 2015
>wtf am i doing with my life - op
>has double the drop compared with his completed, is only 15 yet tries way to hard to be an elitist, and drops shows above 5
i would question why tf are you even watching anime more than just why you watching cute girls shit
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 24, 2017 5:52 PM

Jun 2014
Scarlett_ryuken said:
>wtf am i doing with my life - op
>has double the drop compared with his completed, is only 15 yet tries way to hard to be an elitist, and drops shows above 5
i would question why tf are you even watching anime more than just why you watching cute girls shit

He's also a teenager and in that age where you're going through an awkward phase and such. He's young and awkward so he'll get a pass.

..For now.
May 24, 2017 6:18 PM
Jul 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
BlackKroh said:

pfft.. yall suck

one of my coworkers is like 40 and he and his wife collect dakimakuras.. his wife also downloads him perverted anime... im like "tf did you find this amazing woman?"

You think you could ask that 40yr old dude where he met his wife? Cause i may have to start going there

Ainosense said:
Never felt anything like that, or rather i just don't care.

There's no need for you to be playing the adult on MAL forums with the "what am i doing with my life" thing. Just have fun watching anime. And if you feel ashamed about it, simply quit already.

This reminds me of some people i know who will close their anime windows if someone comes in their room.

Im one of those people that will close my anime windows when people walk into the room. I hide all my anime stuff too.

My family is judgmental, and I dont want my Normie friends thinking any less of me than they already do
May 24, 2017 7:03 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
BlackKroh said:

You think you could ask that 40yr old dude where he met his wife? Cause i may have to start going there

i think i did, but idr what he said, if it was a convention or w/e.. he just said he got really lucky with her XD

BlackKroh said:

Im one of those people that will close my anime windows when people walk into the room. I hide all my anime stuff too.

My family is judgmental, and I dont want my Normie friends thinking any less of me than they already do

you have a really shitty definition of "friends"

no "friend" is going to give a shit that you like anime, and even if they do, its likely theyre hiding similar things from you, but again, you have no good reason to associate with people who think less of you like that

i can understand the family part, since you probably have no choice
May 24, 2017 10:16 PM

Nov 2009
toxicbullets100 said:

Old man advice: life sucks. You aren't likely to achieve anything that will make you feel truly good about yourself when you look back at it.
You gotta learn to enjoy your life while it lasts. Watch cartoons, meet girls, listen to music - whatever rocks your boat.
Kirito is a good example. He is fighting life-or-death battle to free thousands of people, yet he takes time to relax, so as not to crash when he is too tired, and so that he can push himself harder when it's truly necessary.
And ignore those old people who don't understand that anime is right for you. What do old people understand in life anyway?

P.S. Yes, I am aware of the contradiction between the beginning and the end.
May 24, 2017 10:52 PM

Nov 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
BlackKroh said:

pfft.. yall suck

Does his wife also live in Canada, and is always traveling back home right before office get togethers where he "promised she'd show up this time."
May 24, 2017 11:04 PM

Nov 2014
Just you

i'll be 80 and still watching the same stuff cause i enjoy it, idgaf

But for a serious reply, nah you're most likely not the only person but everybody is different.

I have friends in their 40's 50's and 60's that are into the same stuff i am into with anime and they don't care what so ever, they also have figures, daki's etc and have a wife and kids/grand kids.

Not that big of a deal, but then again idgaf what people think of me and earlier i was showing my dad lewds, he didn't care what so ever and has watched ecchi with me plenty of times as well.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
May 24, 2017 11:10 PM

Aug 2009
I tend to avoid those kind of shows so yeah, its not just you. I think it was okay when I was highschool myself, but as a grown ass man it just feels weird and I have a hard time relating.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 24, 2017 11:32 PM

Jul 2016
PFFFFT 15.....In all seriousness just do what you like. I was in the same boat as you in my early 20's, pretty much renounced anime and gaming. I would bar hop with my buddies 3 or 4 times a week, go to parties, basically get shit faced as much as possible because...hey, I'm in college, that's the normal thing to do. I'm in my late 20's now, and my buddies still go to the same bars we were hitting up when we were 21. I chill at home with my girlfriend watching movies and anime to my heart's content. Point being my friends look like they're pushing 40 now a days, are borderline alcoholics, and still never get laid. They embarrass ME. You can be happy and successful and still like anime, just like you can be a total fuck up and have interests the mainstream finds acceptable.
May 25, 2017 1:57 AM

Feb 2013
these anime are meant for an older audience..... its like a young adult watching shows for grandmas
May 25, 2017 2:25 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@TheDarkLordOtaku

lol

heinrich6745 said:
Just you

i'll be 80 and still watching the same stuff cause i enjoy it, idgaf

But for a serious reply, nah you're most likely not the only person but everybody is different.

I have friends in their 40's 50's and 60's that are into the same stuff i am into with anime and they don't care what so ever, they also have figures, daki's etc and have a wife and kids/grand kids.

Not that big of a deal, but then again idgaf what people think of me and earlier i was showing my dad lewds, he didn't care what so ever and has watched ecchi with me plenty of times as well.

it really shows the rock people on here live under when they don't realize that a good chunk of the ecchi fan population are grown ass men with families
May 25, 2017 2:34 AM

May 2014
I'm a girl so it's less shameful for me to be like, "aww, der sho kyute!" and choosing best girl etc. But sometimes when I'm watching ecchi I'm like, "dear Lord, please spare me"

Don't worry, though, you haven't stooped to my levels. I translate gay doujins in my spare time.
May 25, 2017 1:09 PM

Oct 2016
BlackKroh said:

Aw, that must be a pain.

Can't say i know how you feel, but i think it must be annoying to be looked down because of something you like. And yeah, i know normies will always think they're the s**t even when they don't know a thing about what they're making fun of.
May 25, 2017 1:27 PM

Jul 2015
No, it shouldn't matter, because if you really like seeing teen or high school girls, you could always watch YouTube videos with teen girls at the pool, in bikinis, or dancing in their underwear, etc. Now, those are real girls. Anime girls are just animated girl characters, look at it as just entertainment.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 3 hours ago

10 by Sorachin »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 16 minutes ago

2 by BitChilly »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 1 hour ago

14 by joseifan »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 2 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

» What's your most controversial anime among your favorites? ( 1 2 3 )

Kushna - Apr 5

108 by JaniSIr »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.