Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Taboo Tattoo
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 1, 2016 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well JC Staff actually went all out this episode with the action. The battle segment with Justice fighting and Iltutmish...and also Izzy in action.

After Aryabhata arrived, it turned more comical and the conclusion of the fights felt...eh, underwhelming. I swear, Iltutmish is such a fangirl for her. Couldn't take that ping pong match seriously either L
Aug 1, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2015
A bit disappointed with the animation in some parts. They did almost follow what was in the manga which is good, but some scenes and fighting felt a little bit awkward/out of sync. Basically everything seems a bit rough, they need to make it more smooth as possible.

Iltutumish as op as always lol. I know Jumon provides superhuman strenght but still, seeing a small body waving big sword is a sight o.0 Her power indeed is a little bit unique, its something like "allows her to be anywhere as long as someone acknowledges her presence". Toko shared that power and did do some work here, i wonder if she will be able to use it like Iltutumish does.

My favourite is still the princess <3 with the 2nd limitless Jumon like Seigi. And the 3rd also show up at the end.
Aug 1, 2016 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
Geez, Touko's tits are so massively big and beautiful that the enemy can't help fondling them! XD Lisa's are pretty nice too of course. Aaaand Seigi's been abducted, time for another rescue?
Aug 1, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2016
that fight was bloody..
so.. princess casually on front lines..
cute anime
so there are 3 main figures with the OP tattoos?
gonna enjoy these twos interaction c:

Aug 1, 2016 12:23 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The fucking comedy is awesome. What the hell was with that table tennis match? XDDD
Aug 1, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
Nice to see that Aryabhata kissed Justice.

The table tennis match was fun to watch!

Bluesy is living in Justice's house now!
Aug 1, 2016 12:38 PM

Jul 2012
Well now i remembered why i stopped reading this manga and this episode it was so clear that the story is just so meh, and on top of that the "great" humor part that was from the start "great". The best part is the fights animations but it's just not enough. I think it was progressing as chapter to episode and there are 30+ chapters so don't think that it would cover all chapters and now i'm just glad cause don't see myself survive more than 12 episodes (i hope i can manage 12 =/).
Aug 1, 2016 12:42 PM

Sep 2015
That shockwave sound just killed my ears
For me this episode was pure non-sense, like the scene transitions were weird
I appreciate the comedy part in this show, but the ping pong scene was unnecessary imo

worst episode
Aug 1, 2016 1:00 PM

Mar 2013
The animation felt awkward and transitions were horrible. The story aspect was adapted decently but still.. that animation kills lmao
Aug 1, 2016 1:02 PM

Oct 2010
action... soldiers die like flies (is there any point for them to be there?)
sword girl action... glowing girl sword action
pantsu shot in action
comm link relay race in action
Schrodinger cat in action
talking during the fight is actually bad (oh no, I thought it was other way around)
devil's advocate (no action here, just some voices in his head)
pantsu shot in action... nopan in action... nopan in action
cat wins
princess is bisexual... and she means it
direct and indirect kisses (if a girl dates with two guys and kisses them both do they have indirect gay kiss?)
unique tattoo is not really unique
pricess is bisexual... and very good both in table tennis and breasts fondling
pricess is bisexual... and lovers hotel bed
enigmatic BB in action (ofc main hero have to attack mindlessly here or we do not get how good BB is)
Aug 1, 2016 1:37 PM

Mar 2013
Hmmm....... I feel like a total perv watching this episode the fights were ok the animation was sub-par I guess. for an anime that throws one cliche after another the fights in this are amazing but this episode kind of let me down. I hope it picks up after this I mean the fights not the story. also throw some more ecchi stuff.

Aug 1, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2010
Hate to say it but i wish this show had fights to the death. i just cant take the MC serious when he suddenly cares for the girl that eviscerated him seconds before.

i HATE the camera angles during fights..they always go for the asses of the girls and that looks really fucking weird.

Sofar this show is nothing but cliche filled non-sense with tons of action,asses and tits and none of these tits a big enough to carry a plot.
Aug 1, 2016 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
While I really enjoyed the start of the episode and the fighting, the use of comedy in seeming random places just seemed out of place. Still an enjoyable episode but I wish it stuck with either a serious tone or a funny tone throughout as the mixture that happened didn't seem to work
Get your shit straight Brenda
Aug 1, 2016 1:59 PM

Aug 2010
Such a fun ep. The action was awesome as always.

Il is absolute <3 Really loving her reactions and Jelly towards Aryabahta. DAT YURI LOLI SHIP <3

Arya just groping Touko like that was so lol XD And hot asf

BAHMAN IS DOPE!! Can't wait for more of him.

Seigi's (Awakening?) kinda thing to his power was awesome too

Tom was too hilarious when he was talking about this isn't a LN LMAO
Aug 1, 2016 2:07 PM

Nov 2014
This was the wildest episode yet.

Great fight scenes, sound design, and cinematography.

"Big breasts are filled with dreams, but small ones are filled with hope." What?! XD

Aryabhata and Il have a sexual relationship?!

The table tennis match between Touko and Aryabhata was hilarious.

I like that this show doesn't take itself too seriously, and isn't too tame or safe.

5/5
aikaflipAug 2, 2016 11:58 AM
Aug 1, 2016 2:14 PM

Oct 2014
The anime is stupid but it's clearly done on purpose so it's great. It's all really generic but it's really enjoyable. The characters are great, the action is great, the animation is great, the fanservice is great, the comedy is great, the implied yuri sex is great too.

Oh well I like this a lot atm lets see if the plot actually goes anywhere.
Aug 1, 2016 2:27 PM

Jan 2013
I liked the contrast between the serious story line and comedy.
Fairly good episode.
Aug 1, 2016 2:31 PM
Nov 2013
Princess Aryabhata Is Fucking Hot!

Aug 1, 2016 2:39 PM

Sep 2014
Wow everything about this episode was atrocious. Honestly felt like I was watching something completely different from last week.

The angels, abrupt transitioning, cringey comedy at unwanted times (except for tom's part), abrupt fan service, and the fights felt so random and bad.

Like what happened? I mean it was already pretty mediocre, but damn.

All I can think is the show is being intentionally stupid.
Aug 1, 2016 2:41 PM

Jan 2011
There is an episode 5? Lord help me. I'll watch it after I take in Loud House, Steven Universe, and Dangronpa 3. I should prepare myself with good stuff before I Get hit with a shistorm.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 1, 2016 2:59 PM
Mar 2016
The Princess has arrived.
Aug 1, 2016 3:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
gawd damn i fucking love this show so much lol.....
Aug 1, 2016 3:26 PM

Oct 2014
wtf was this. So jarring to watch. <.<
Aug 1, 2016 3:27 PM

Jan 2014
Fighting sections and action was good. The rest was floppy. I mean the comedy is still fun, but there was so much rushing that it felt so very convoluted and unnatural. I hate when they cannot have any proper sense of pacing.
Aug 1, 2016 4:12 PM

Oct 2007
There is too much going wrong with this anime, from the scene transitions, weird animation, lack of consistency, jokes make no sense and have no purpose to be there, plot seems non existent after throwing so much cliches at it.

How can they be fighting to death and be all friendly minutes later when nothing really changed? How can this anime take itself seriously?
Aug 1, 2016 4:45 PM

Jul 2014
Transitions are horrible, they fight and then are friendly, the comedy is so random ....... but for some reason i'll kepp watching it.
Aug 1, 2016 4:49 PM

May 2015
Some solid action in this episode, but the jump to comedy felt really odd, though.

Aug 1, 2016 5:03 PM

Jul 2016
Heh... I guess I had unrealistic expectation towards this show.

It started out somewhat decent, but those random fan-service made me think "WTF AM I WATCHING?!"

...and thus, dropped.

:/

Aug 1, 2016 5:15 PM

Nov 2015
Wow. All that buildup from the previous episodes transitioned straight into...what? Comedic ecchi slice of life scenes? Wtf? I don't usually set high expectations, but this is the first I've seen a show with some potential just throw it all out of the window. It's like the flow of this episode was intended to be awful.
Aug 1, 2016 5:22 PM

Jun 2012
Hearing Touko moan in the background was quite lewd
Aug 1, 2016 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
So I'm honestly not sure how to even take this show anymore. Like is it supposed to be serious or does it have a lowkey purpose of making fun of martial arts anime? I mean this episode is all over the place. It feels like they just mashed together about 10 chapters worth of story into one episode and missed some proper transitions.

You have serious fighting one second to a random feels scene, then you have the main "villain" (being the Princess) come out of nowhere and finally kissing and fanservice. Now I haven't read the source so get flame on me all you want but it's like this show is nothing but spontaneous action, fanservice, and awkward comedy.

For me, there was way too much going on within 24 minutes. I feel like Taboo Tattoo is the Big Order of Summer 2016. So I guess I should stop trying to take this show seriously otherwise I'm just going to be let down week after week. I mean the storyline and central conflict is betrayed by the flow of events brought on screen but if that's how it is written then oh well.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 1, 2016 6:11 PM
Oct 2010
Did they pull a power of friendship x2 in one episode? My god.
Aug 1, 2016 6:51 PM

Dec 2014
It was an okay episode I guess.

The action is still really nice to watch, Izzy's fight was good however Seigi against Il felt really weird to me. It was way too fast, Too many ambitious transitions, Like one moment they're at this point and the next moment they're somewhere else. The flow of Seigi's fight felt a little disjointed to me.
How was Seigi able to close up the wound and stop the blood? :o (I get the feeling I shouldn't be questioning that)

I didn't really mind the transition to the comedic second half.

Yuri vibes were strong this episode xD
The table contest was funny.
"Big Breasts are full of dreams, While small breasts are full of hope" , I like Aryabhata now. XD
That Touko breast fondling was so lewd and full of win.
It's nice that Seigi wants to remain comrades with Izzy but the U.S seem to be wanting world domination and I doubt the Empire is any different. Wonder how he'll pick sides if in the end both lead to war.

Zantius said:
I feel like Taboo Tattoo is the Big Order of Summer 2016. So I guess I should stop trying to take this show seriously otherwise I'm just going to be let down week after week. I mean the storyline and central conflict is betrayed by the flow of events brought on screen but if that's how it is written then oh well.

Surely I don't think this show can fall as low as Big Order, If anything the action and fan service are pretty good but yeah I guess you can't take the show too seriously.
Aug 1, 2016 7:21 PM
Dec 2014
Great action and oppai
Aug 1, 2016 7:24 PM
Feb 2008
As a "schizophrenic" I give this ep 10/10 :D
Aug 1, 2016 8:00 PM

May 2015
I love how I completely forgot why they were fighting this episode. But the story has been all over the place for a while so I guess that's normal. Or I have a bad memory. Best part of the episode was the table tennis match.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Aug 1, 2016 8:02 PM

Jun 2013
I enjoyed the episode, but judging from the poll, not many others did :p
Aug 1, 2016 8:04 PM

Jun 2013
belial said:
There is too much going wrong with this anime, from the scene transitions, weird animation, lack of consistency, jokes make no sense and have no purpose to be there, plot seems non existent after throwing so much cliches at it.

How can they be fighting to death and be all friendly minutes later when nothing really changed? How can this anime take itself seriously?

Believe it or not, they are adapting the manga properly, the manga is worse imo
Aug 1, 2016 8:17 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing episode. Touko awakening too. hmm dat boob grab. ong BB
Aug 1, 2016 8:46 PM

Jul 2014
Series started well but the silliness level has been cranked up to 11. The fights are so pointless to watch with characters being hurled into things so hard they'd be instantly killed but come away practically unharmed. All that is left is the harem/yuri/tit fondling which every shit tier show leans on to keep the mouth breathers happy.
Aug 1, 2016 8:51 PM

Sep 2015
Lol after watching the episode with subs again, they are still using the word "triggerless" huh. Seriously whos the translator anyway, its already episode 5 they still not going to correct it. A few mistake in the subs too.
Aug 1, 2016 9:19 PM
Sep 2014
this episode is a total disappointment, can't believe it went shit really quick.
I feel so fucking stupid for watching this.
okay, dropped for sure.
silencelyAug 1, 2016 9:50 PM
Aug 1, 2016 9:57 PM
Mar 2011
The jump from killing ppl to light humor was a bit too much. Its just weird set up going from a 8 of death killing etc.. to a 2 of light humor to ecchi so fast with the same characters is very awkward.
Aug 1, 2016 10:18 PM

Oct 2010
Everything was going fine... up to the point where Seigi's demon thing started talking to him. Then it became full of rapid-fire scene transitions, loads of infodumping and drastic tonal changes.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Aug 1, 2016 10:31 PM

Dec 2010
this anime clearly overachieved in the first 2-3 episodes. this might be the worst anime episode i've seen all year.
Aug 1, 2016 10:45 PM

Jan 2015

So basically the source for Schrodinger's cat is her enemy's sight? I guess.
Oh my, another Seigi's awakening. But it's just for a short time and comes the funny part with the cat strike. LOL
Everyone EXCEPT Seigi and Il love Touko's boobs.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 1, 2016 10:50 PM
Nov 2015
I just can't believe anyone looked at the original manga and said 'this needs an adaptation'

1/5
Aug 1, 2016 11:34 PM
Oct 2009
What the fuck was that. Christ this anime just completely shifted in tone halfway through and killed 2 of it's main points of tension in the most AWKWARD way possible. (Fluesy getting caught harboring Justice... and nothing happening, then the princess showing up out of nowhere and just hanging out...?!)

The thing is I don't entirely hate the kind of anime it shifted to, but I have a feeling it's going to keep flip-flopping between "I'm gonna rip your guts out!" and "Killing is like, such a bummer man." and that's really going to ruin it.

Then there's the crappy action, weird scene transitions and inconsistent characters... this one episode changed my perception of this show entirely.
Aug 2, 2016 12:17 AM

Apr 2014
its rin toosaka! <3
Aug 2, 2016 12:50 AM

Sep 2013
How the hell did the MC heal himself after having his stomach ripped open? That didn't make sense.

1. MC is eviscerated
2. Blood everywhere
3. "I'm going to die"
4. Weird voice speaks in his head telling him to use his void power
5. He threatens to use the void power on his own stomach wound
6. He's healed
7. There's no blood anywhere
8. Everybody is friends now.

WTF was that all about???

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

120 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 1:09 PM

» Does anyone know why this anime has this hate and low ratings

Naveen6662246 - Apr 3

12 by Redetzky »»
Apr 7, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

188 by ryzxgum »»
Mar 3, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

96 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:17 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

104 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.