Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2016 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy hell this episode.

The fierceness of those eyes. The intensity of those pitches. This was a match well worth watching imo. I like how they added a little special blood-like effect to the ball when it was launched. The laugh at the end though lol....priceless.
Jan 25, 2016 4:28 AM
Mar 2015
So todoroki is the best player ever? I feel like Sawamura should be more like todoroki :(
Jan 25, 2016 4:40 AM

Mar 2008
Was great to see Seido doing so well from the get-go. Kuramochi snatching that run was lovely - the moment Mimura saw the opening and signalled was just so satisfying.

Hopefully we'll see the team pull off something inspirational to cover for Miyuki's injury.
Jan 25, 2016 5:10 AM

May 2013
I thought Miyuki got hit in the head by Todoroki's pitch
Jan 25, 2016 6:34 AM

Mar 2014
Oh no! Stop making Miyuki's injury worse!

Kuromochi play were amazing! ''Call me Cheetah!"
Jan 25, 2016 7:22 AM

Jul 2010
It was kind of expected for Miyuki to not make it on to base, as the game would pretty much be set unless Yakushi gets a leeway to make a comeback.

Having to bat against this different styles of pitching, it does make it interesting to see how Seido struggles with a particular pitch. Kind of looking forward to Kawakami vs Sanada and Raichi
Jan 25, 2016 9:02 AM

Jan 2012
Like how Sawamura and Furuya were kinda discussing the animal nicknames lol
Jan 25, 2016 9:13 AM

Dec 2014
That Kuramochi run, Epic!!

So sad that Miyuki's injury gave up a run for Seido.

Todoroki is so much fun to watch XD
Those reactions of his are always fun to see

I've always loved the red glint that they add to Raichi when he bats but those effects they added to his pitching are just awesome :P
Jan 25, 2016 9:41 AM

Oct 2012
Best episode yet.
Kuromachi play was awesome.
Jan 25, 2016 9:44 AM
Dec 2012
I didn't like the way todoroki is shown as a really good pitcher.Yakushi already has a great pitcher and todoroki is their cleanup batter.But these episodes are really fun to watch,there's a lot of tension!
Jan 25, 2016 10:37 AM

Jul 2015
Loved this episode!
Sawamura and Furuya's nicknames for the players were hilarious, lmao.

Kuramochi run was amazing! And Raichi is such an interesting pitcher.
Jan 25, 2016 11:45 AM

Sep 2010
Well, Raichi might not be the best pitcher as it feels like he is just randomly throwing the ball with 50% for the strike and he himself doesn't know where it will fly but

His pitching is looks the most epic from pitching so far.

Really awesome.

As for Miyuki missing the shot because something hurt him suddenly, well that injury did not happen for nothing and so far there was no big downside to it. It happened at pretty much worst moment possible though, still this makes this match even more interesting. ( if Miyuki was to score that one, the Torodoki openness wouldn't be shown... although Todoroki is far from OP. At least in pitching as in batting he is super OP.

Props for Narumiya for being one of the few that spotted Miyuki's injury. Sure Kuramochii also spoted but Narumiya could tell this from a single batting session.

In any case this match is already best in the season and it will get even better and better as while everything so far is great. The main event is Furuya and Sawamura fighting it out with Todoroki.

This will be just too great. What's more it seems like Furuya will came in second for one two pitchings and afterwards Sawamura will get to be the closer.

It's pretty obvious that the game will go into XX innings so there will be a lot of epicness there.

Now, I just wonder whatever they will finally score Koishen? As much as I like Yakushi team, for their super uniquness, and atmosphere, the trener is simply the best, then I would really like to see Koishen! ( I want seido to go to koishen and get reckt so they can get ready for it afterwards :))

Go! Go! Seido! I want to see koishen. There are only two baseball animes that I saw, Major and this, and none of them yet to show koishen!
Jan 25, 2016 12:59 PM

Aug 2010
Man Raichi's too HAX. He was already pretty much the best batter and now he's a pitcher that can throw shit like that O_o
I get that he doesn't have control and if not in a good day his pitch would probably be unusable but still I honestly think Batting was enough for his character.
Can't deny his pitches are so friggin HYPE AND FUN tho!!
I'm sure Seido'll find a way out.

F***N STOP Injuring Miyuki more D:

And Kuromochi's run was friggin epic
Jan 25, 2016 1:01 PM

Mar 2014
Raichi is the most talented player in the series, damn he is so awesome xD
btw. it's nice to see Furuya and Sawamura getting along with eachother.
Jan 25, 2016 1:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lyrisia said:
Like how Sawamura and Furuya were kinda discussing the animal nicknames lol

Haha same, they are sort of on the same wavelength a lot of the times. Black marlin! White marlin? X)

Kuramochi's run was amazing, I love how they were looking for that opening. He's good at putting pressure on the pitcher, which set up for that run to home.

Not a huge fan of Raichi, but yeah his pitches are really good in a way that it's difficult for batters to guess where it will go. Although even Raichi doesn't know where it will go. I'm more surprised that the catcher could catch those very messy pitches. It probably works well because Raichi has a good arm to pitch fast balls. At any rate, Mei is not impressed by Raichi on the mound. I love that condescending look Mei has :P But surprisingly, Mei is really perceptive and I think he has a good reason as to why he's looking down on Raichi's pitching. I do like how Mei easily noticed that Miyuki might be injured, even though it was a passing comment. (I'm also very happy to see Mei getting some screen time again <3)
Jan 25, 2016 3:01 PM

Dec 2014
Loved this episode. My two favourite characters, Kuramochi and Raichi both getting spotlight in one episode. The humor this episode was pretty good too.
Jan 25, 2016 3:02 PM

Oct 2011
OMG MIYUKI!!!!!!! NOOOOOOO
Jan 25, 2016 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
I freaking love Raichi. He's grown on me more and more as the series has progressed.
Jan 25, 2016 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
I thought Miyuki was his on the head after that pitch by Raichi.

Kuramochi's run is so cool!! Hurray for cheetah!!
Jan 25, 2016 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
Last episode was rather meh but this episode, holy shit so much better, can't wait for the next ep.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 25, 2016 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
Batting, fielding, and now pitching? Raichi is too OP!

This was hilarious
AndoJan 25, 2016 7:45 PM
Jan 25, 2016 9:46 PM

Mar 2009
Raichi is a beast.
Jan 26, 2016 12:36 AM

Sep 2013
Even though the pitch effect is cool and all I don't think they should've made Todoroki a pitcher as well. Going there and cleaning captain and clean hitter all of sudden seems disrespectful to every pitcher in the anime who have been working their asses off for a long time. Hopefully they'll figure it out how to bat against him quickly.
Jan 26, 2016 12:42 PM

Oct 2006
I don't like the kind of convoluted "OP" character Raichi is starting to become. I hope he'll get brought down to earth and beat by experience soon since he's technically a total rookie at anything that isn't batting.
Jan 26, 2016 9:49 PM

Dec 2015
niwasatou said:
I don't like the kind of convoluted "OP" character Raichi is starting to become. I hope he'll get brought down to earth and beat by experience soon since he's technically a total rookie at anything that isn't batting.

He's like how Furuya was in the beginning, pitching all out. But we saw when Miyuki was up at bat that Todoroki doesn't have any kind of control; he just throws and the ball ends up wherever. But I think there will be a moment where he's brought back down to earth, when his strong arm and lower body fail him because he's never been taught to be a pitcher, only a batter. At the current moment he thinks pitching is only about throwing the ball at maximum strength toward the catcher's mitt, not about trying to outsmart the batters. There is a possibility that Seido might cotton on to his pitching style and get used to the speed of it, but that's only a hope of mine.
Jan 26, 2016 9:54 PM

Dec 2015
Amazing episode! I love how they designed Todoroki's pitching, how it's all blood-like and trippy.

Sawamura making nicknames up for everyone was hilarious - and Kuramochi being like "If you're gonna give me a nickname, just stick to cheetah!" much to everyone's consternation. Not to mention Sawamura and Furuya arguing about what kind of animal everyone would be. Those two are growing closer and it's so cute. :D

It's nice to see Kawakami get his shot at being a starter. The poor baby's been thrust behind Furuya and Sawamura's combined talent, so nobody REALLY notices him. This'll be his chance to shine!

That being said, I'm still looking forward to Sawamura stepping on the mound. He's actually a very good relief because he's able to stop himself from completely freaking out like he used to. I can understand why Kataoka keeps putting him to relieve other pitchers; you want someone strong-willed, who doesn't bow to pressure easily, especially if he's coming in at a pinch.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 26, 2016 10:41 PM

Jul 2014
Atleast Seido are wracking up the runs let's see what happens.
Jan 27, 2016 12:19 AM

Jun 2014
niwasatou said:

Furuya has still more potential as a batter so I think they are quite even in terms of abilities.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 27, 2016 3:05 AM

May 2012
Wow. Raichi is way too OP. But still love him.
Jan 27, 2016 6:50 AM

Oct 2015
drexhan said:
So todoroki is the best player ever? I feel like Sawamura should be more like todoroki :(

Ya. Those Flameball pitches..I hope Sawamura learns to throw like that.

Todoroki is becoming a little OP.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jan 27, 2016 7:33 AM

Oct 2006
FireEmblemIke24 said:
niwasatou said:

Furuya has still more potential as a batter so I think they are quite even in terms of abilities.

Yes, I suppose if Furuya wasn't out due to injury, it would look more balanced.
Jan 27, 2016 11:55 AM

Sep 2014
Is it just me or was Todoroki throwing Getsuga Tensho's ?
best signature
Jan 27, 2016 12:11 PM
Sep 2009
Nuryan said:
I didn't like the way todoroki is shown as a really good pitcher.Yakushi already has a great pitcher and todoroki is their cleanup batter.But these episodes are really fun to watch,there's a lot of tension!

Todoroki is a baseball freak with tons of power who spent all his life training. It really isn't that surprising for his pitches to have so much power. After all it's not like he has full control as well. It's just power and strength of muscles, nothing more. Balls fly in random directions when he pitches.

It's not the same as being a good pitcher. He won't last long.

With all these Raichi classmates coming around, I'm 100% sure that Yakushi will lose now. Considering how broke down Raichi was last time, classmates will probably server as a moral encouragement for him at the end.
Jan 27, 2016 2:21 PM

Feb 2012
FireEmblemIke24 said:
niwasatou said:

lol what...Furuya isn't even close to Raichi as a batter. Raichi carries games at bat practically all by himself with all the home runs he gets.

Now Raichi is doing work as a pitcher? The man can do everything he's reminding me of Goro. A one man baseball army.
Jan 28, 2016 8:54 PM

Jan 2013
You know, Raichi's pitches remind me of Honda Gorou from Major. Not quite as good though.
Also, nothing wrong with Raichi being strong. Just one of the few japanese high school baseball players capable of making it to the major leagues.
Jan 31, 2016 2:29 AM

Dec 2012
Oh my, The boy can pitch.
Beanballs to the head will forever remind me of Major lol
Jan 19, 2017 9:15 PM

Sep 2015
Dam Raichi could be the next ace as well as the clean up when Sanada leaves. Mishima is prob gonna be right behind him.
Sep 26, 2018 7:44 AM

Dec 2013
I didn’t think Todoroki would be this op of a pitcher...

Good running by Kuramochi!
Jan 17, 2019 7:46 AM

Nov 2016
Raichis pitches are literally on fire, epic episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2019 1:58 PM

May 2015
Omg, I didn't like Raichi all that much at first, but when combined with his shy personality outside baseball he's so damn epic.
Dec 15, 2019 8:46 PM

Sep 2018
Wow!!!! Kuramochi steal! He's really a cheetah!!

Ouch!! Miyuki!! T----T but Raichi is good in pitching too!
Nov 2, 2021 7:08 AM

Jul 2015
I personally find Kuramochi resembling a hyena more because of his laughter rather than a cheetah or a weasel. Not only a crazy batter but also a crazy pitcher, Raichi is one hell of a baseball monster.

Nov 3, 2022 10:36 AM
May 2020
We need a plushie of Raichi Todoroki that does his laugh when it is squeezed.
Also, I am expecting our favorite catcher to get K.O. at some point during this game. Poor Miyuki.
Nov 3, 2022 10:37 AM
May 2020
drexhan said:

I feel like Todoroki is the baseball protagonist we would have had if this story came out a decade earlier.
Dec 20, 2022 4:16 PM

Oct 2015
Go, go, Raichi!! My sweet, sweet boi! Smack everyone down! XD

Eijun, my number 1 boi! Don't lose! Shut Raichi down! :D
   HuaLian <3
Jul 14, 2023 7:48 PM

Aug 2019
Mei and Itsuki are hilarious together

Kuramochi it’s indeed a cheetah, that run was insana!!

Miyuki just keeps getting target and even more injured.
Jul 30, 2023 8:14 AM

May 2018
Miyuki already hurting but author decided to give him more damage. Damn.

And what's with Raichi's pitching? It's so OP. It's like he's the main character, haha.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

139 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 14, 2023 3:40 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2015

50 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:00 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2015

35 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:23 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2015

47 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:49 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace: Second Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2015

55 by PrOxAnto »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.