Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 14, 2016 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kuga Mikoto can be quite cold still..

There's some small bits of fan service this episode. Otherwise, I think it's more of transition. Koharu seems pleased with her pairing though. And also, this episode shows more of their world, something that I actually found unique. The little amount of details poured in has some decent animation. Somehow, I think Koharu is already starting to fall in love this episode.

Jan 14, 2016 5:01 AM

Nov 2007
Ah, I forgot that this airs pretty early at night and just missed it.

OnoD's character hired another person to attack the airship, but failed because of the barrier. He was still able to break a part of it and went in, then forced the long hair girl, who casted barrier, to come with him and she refused. Wait, that main girl just released her power? The area destroyed. Suspecting insider... so suggesting a way to find out. Pairing up. It seems like there are some sort of private stories between some of them (not totally strangers gathering).

Also rebuilding the area. Then the relaxing life of the two. The girl was really alone the whole time that didn't know the meaning of getting together when bathing, too. Little boy showed up, and is from the future?!

ED was pretty.
tsubasaloverJan 14, 2016 6:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 14, 2016 9:17 AM

May 2014
My Future Love senses are tingling
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 14, 2016 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
OnoD's character is pretty cool already. Koharu deflected that blast like a boss... too bad she destroyed the peach trees. They totally don't want to reveal their powers to each other lol. The silver haired girl is funny. Unemotional af xD.
Jan 14, 2016 11:02 AM
Dec 2015
i would have liked a bit more of answers in this episode as i am still pretty dishoriented but still, i think the whole future thing of the kid coming from 2016 to 1919 is pretty cool.
though such tecnology in 1919...?
Jan 14, 2016 11:03 AM
Dec 2015
i would have liked a bit more of answers in this episode as i am still pretty dishoriented but still, i think the whole future thing of the kid coming from 2016 to 1919 is pretty cool.
Jan 14, 2016 11:44 AM

Oct 2008
I've only watched the RAW but surpringly enough, this episode was far better than the first one, probably because most of the events/lines in this episode were supposed to happen in the first one, and Sorata finally is there.
Kakeru and Koharu are still inferior to their game counterparts but the parts where Koharu uses her powers was really neat.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jan 14, 2016 12:32 PM

Sep 2015
Yaaay finally Sorata is here XD His introduction is different from the game (duh) but I feel this way works better for the anime. So I was right, it was Aion (Yanagi) narrating just before the OP song in ep 1.

Haha Kakeru is being kinda creepy here XD so touchy feely towards Koharu. We got glimpses of his teaser side and Koharu who lived alone for years (and very minimal human interaction) didn't realize he's teasing.

Pairing/team is decided. Kakeru's little speech about 'protecting the girls' still amuses me greatly, because well... the girls can kick more ass than the guys, as shown in this ep a little bit with Koharu. So the teams are (beside the obvious) Mikoto+Sakuya (the angst pairing, my OTP) and Nanami+Akito (the munekyun?pairing). Since it's Koharu+Kakeru we wouldn't get to see much of Kakeru's um... mean side. Tch.

Lol, they're already showing the Akito+Hiyoko gag so early...

Ed song and sequence is pretty XD Ofc they're showing mostly Aion and
as her counterpart

Kuuderex100 said:
Well, the numbers on the year don't represent the actual era in this anime... I guess?
Ioryogi-kunJan 14, 2016 12:47 PM
Jan 14, 2016 1:16 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Ehh, okay I guess. Ono and his character is the best thing about this anime.

3/5
Jan 14, 2016 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
A boy coming from the year 2016 to 1919 was nice!
Jan 14, 2016 2:41 PM

Sep 2014
I kept laughing while watching this, mostly because I found it really cringe worthy. Enjoyed this more than episode one though.
Jan 14, 2016 2:51 PM

Aug 2015
So they pair up, interesting..... want to know more about this Akito and the girl he was paired up with. The ending though, a boy from 2016.
Jan 14, 2016 3:19 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The pairs are formed and their stories will be told soon, i assume. Relaxing show still.
Jan 14, 2016 3:26 PM
Jan 2016
so she cried cuz food is delicious wtf lol!!! every time i say i'm gonna drop it, i found an interesting ending..so the boy got an ability that he can travel to the past?? can't wait to know his story!
Jan 14, 2016 3:37 PM

Apr 2014
The best part of the episode was when this cute little thing showed up

Jan 14, 2016 4:42 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Another nice episode. I'm really intrigued by their world and I'm interested in finding out more about everyone else as well. At this point though, Koharu and Kakeru are very safe as characters. They're maybe too likable? Not that it's a bad thing, I guess. But the other characters seem more mysterious. Wonder what's up with Sorata coming from the future...? Or it seems like a completely different world, tbh, the world where Norn is.

I like how Koharu's loneliness (or being alone for so long) was shown, through her being sort of socially inept as well as crying when she was eating food.

Really liked the ED song as well.
Jan 14, 2016 5:37 PM
Sep 2013
Good episode! It introduces the story and character nicely for a 2nd episode....And dang, I didn't expect Mikoto's barrier to be that large...covering the whole ship! O.O
I still wonder when they'll move on from Kakeru X Koharu pairing...they're kinda my least favourite (but I still like them!).
Also, Kakeru is making his moves too fast on Koharu, it's kind of funny since Koharu just believes everything he says lol
The ending song was cool--The girl in it is so pretty, and the way the used the green colours was neat.
dammdd123Jan 14, 2016 5:41 PM
Jan 14, 2016 5:44 PM

Apr 2015
ED looks pretty. Most of the pairs have some inner conflict going on; hope they'll feature much of the other two girls and their partners. There's also a glimpse of Koharu's powers, and Sorata finally arrived from the future. Alright episode.
Jan 14, 2016 5:54 PM
May 2015
The only reason I liked this ep is because of the boy in the end
FINALLY SOMEONE NORMAL
the whole group pisses me off tbh
Is the boy from 2016 Soratu (sorry if I spelt his name wrong)?
Jan 14, 2016 6:03 PM
Jun 2015
It's Sorata Suzuhara from the Heisei Era of 2016.
Jan 14, 2016 6:04 PM
Jun 2015
It's Sorata Suzuhara from the Heisei Era of 2016.
Jan 14, 2016 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
I'm really pleased with the direction the anime is going, worried that K&K are still too bland, but glad hints of their original personality are peeking through. Keep things dynamic, please and thank you.

Especially happy we're starting to see the ship dynamic further explored. Everyone is important! Not just the couples.

As weird as it was Sorata was left out of the first episode, finding himself on a weird ship in 2 really works. Almost better than the original, in fact. Little hints sprinkled throughout the episode, too.
Jan 14, 2016 6:43 PM
Oct 2015
I love the design of Norn. The characters are getting some basic development, but its still early so i hope it can develop some more. I dont like how both of the first two episode ended in cliffhangers. It would be a shame if each episode ended that way.
Jan 14, 2016 7:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
If there really is a traitor in the group I kinda think that its gonna be Kakeru

Either way I'm liking this series more and more now and I really dug the character interactions in this one as well as the reveals of mysterious sides of everyone plus the whole attack fiasco....The characterization in general was pretty good imo

Going by the OP it looks like the barrier girl will fall for the gun guy however it seems like she has something going on with the other dude she's paires with, so I can't wait to see how this plays out romance/drama wise

The hints of romance here and there in general are great too and I'm loving every but of it....I'm curious to see more of Hotaru's power as well as to see everyone else's and especially the stoic girl and the blue haired guy with the attitude

But that cliffhanger though...Man this series looks like they will have these type of wtf every week lol. I am so curious to find out how and why that kid is there and from so far in the future too
Jan 14, 2016 8:00 PM

Jun 2008
Why is this making me think of Ever17?

I think I should put this anime on hold and play the game first.
Jan 14, 2016 8:06 PM

Jul 2009
lol i like Ron and his glasses. Makes me laugh.

Azuma is a piece of shit. And he will remain a piece of shit in my mind. Douche.
Jan 14, 2016 9:21 PM

Jan 2015
So the enemy are using "Weapon" that Mikoto never seen before? And that Pair up strategy to look for the traitor, that's good.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 14, 2016 9:33 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode again!
So far this gets my pick for most underrated of the season.
Jan 14, 2016 10:05 PM

Jul 2010
I like how relaxing this show is to me, they could do almost nothing in Norn and I would still be interested somewhat.
Jan 14, 2016 10:09 PM

Oct 2011
Koharu deflected dat beam but those poor Peach trees

Little duckling cooking and cleaning so cute

Paired up to find the suspicious one OMG

SORATA IS HERE OMG YAY!!!!!
Jan 14, 2016 10:51 PM
Feb 2008
Mascera said:
So the enemy are using "Weapon" that Mikoto never seen before? And that Pair up strategy to look for the traitor, that's good.

Trivia: In the VN, Mikoto doesnt recognize that it's a gun (It doesn't exist in their timeline)- but she has the insight to still put up a barrier when it was pointed at her. She called it a "strange weapon" and Sorata was the one that told her what it was really called.

Slight VN changes, but IMO it really helps the flow of the story along.

Some tidbits: To get the Natsuhiko route, Mikoto chooses not to pair up with anyone and goes solo in her investigation. The anime pairs her up with Sakuya (for the sake of his route) and adds in the anime-original part where she severely friendzones him lmao (Still fits her tsun, so it works out)

They also incorporated some background info from the recent Norn9 Last Era Fandisk like Akito's dislike of the Hiyokos, which is fun to see

I really like this adaptation so far :3
Jan 15, 2016 1:24 AM

Oct 2013
i feel like the peach tree got more development than all the other characters in this episode ...
Jan 15, 2016 4:09 AM
Apr 2015
The romance seems really hollow right now, the kind that I think is just going to blow up in the characters' faces. If it doesn't do that without being fleshed out more, then it's just going to be bad.
Once again, we get the impression of the characters having different motivations but don't actually tell us what those motivations are. We haven't seen enough to be able to tell if the character development is going to come later or the characters are just poorly made. I still feel like there's potential here.
Jan 15, 2016 6:05 AM

Dec 2009
They seem to be really exaggerating Koharu's "pureness", even for a reverse harem. I feel like this entire episode was basically just about her trying to save the peach tree. At least she's not the only girl in this one, and the other two don't seem to be the typical overly pure, sweet, dainty type. I'm interested to know more about them.

I'm not particularly interested in any of the male characters as of yet apart from Senri. I don't have much else to say about this episode, not overly exciting but it was nice.
Jan 15, 2016 6:15 AM

Mar 2008
Kakeru is definitely the traitor LOL

Koharu looks like a mary sue without any flaw, I hope they'll change it a bit. I don't want to see a 100% pure character.

Also I'm a sucker for shoujos but this is wayyyyyy too cliché...

But I'm still gonna watch this because this anime has Final Fantasy vibes... kinda... story/world-wise
Jan 15, 2016 7:16 AM

Aug 2014
i didn't know/or forgotten that this takes place in the past. the kid from 2016 was a surprise, wonder how he got there.

i knew hotaru's powers had something to do with fire and she is already falling in love feels really obvious (and feels fast lmao) let's just hope the guy doesn't turn out to be the villain in the end.
Jan 15, 2016 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
That guy is so fake, mark my words he is going to backstab the fuck out of everyone.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jan 15, 2016 7:58 AM

May 2014
Those cooking ducks were so cute
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 15, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2015
ShiningNinja said:
Mascera said:

Trivia: In the VN, Mikoto doesnt recognize that it's a gun (It doesn't exist in their timeline)- but she has the insight to still put up a barrier when it was pointed at her. She called it a "strange weapon" and Sorata was the one that told her what it was really called.

Some tidbits: To get the Natsuhiko route, Mikoto chooses not to pair up with anyone and goes solo in her investigation. The anime pairs her up with Sakuya (for the sake of his route) and adds in the anime-original part where she severely friendzones him lmao (Still fits her tsun, so it works out)

They also incorporated some background info from the recent Norn9 Last Era Fandisk like Akito's dislike of the Hiyokos, which is fun to see

Sounds complicated. I never play the VN, so I know nothing about this Anime at all. Now that you mention about "Akito's dislikes of Hiyokos" which like the scene in the OP, does it mean that Mikoto will have "relationship" with the "Weaopn" guy just like the OP scene?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 15, 2016 8:48 AM
Jun 2008
I really dont like the blonde guy i find him to be annoying af and just overtly trying to be a white knight trying to get the girl.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Jan 15, 2016 9:15 AM

May 2010
This show has such good atmosphere that I can forgive some of the cringeworthy lines. The backgrounds are beautiful and the OP/ED remind me of Aria (maybe the director was inspired by Aria? Or maybe some of the staff is the same?) Nevertheless, I feel like this will be a refreshing reverse harem. Already loving Koharu (finally innocent heroine done right) and Nanmi (she slays) Among the guys, Ron (Jolly v2), Akito (his dynamic with Nanmi is great), Kakeru (he's definitely two-faced, or has a hidden side), and Tooya (he's so serious and diligent, like with his "I don't like sweets" No one else bothering saying anything yet was like "so m8 you know I hate sweets, feel my pain..") seem interesting.

This episode was 8/10, mostly due to the atmosphere and the soundtrack (also, the fact that girls are already showing some personality, good ones, too) This should have been a slice of life, its so good. I feel like sci fi might be a hit or miss? I mean a boy from 2016 in 1919... come on, the technology is better than ours (Well, I'm willing to neglect this as it is set in a fantasy world) Let's just hope its good, the VN has good ratings so yeah, I'm looking forward to what they deliver nexy episode. I wish it was 2-cour tho, would definitely been great. It's still not too late, maybe it will get a split cour *fingers crossed*
TragicRomanceJan 15, 2016 9:24 AM
Jan 15, 2016 10:35 AM

Jan 2014
Time for the title nutshell!

>The Melancholy of Peach Trees Suzumiya
>Braves of the Otome Flowers/Everything Becomes Otome: The Perfect Otome/Otome Wars: The Otome Awakens
>Neon Genesis Nanamivangelion
>Avatar: The Last Koharubender
>Steins;Koharu
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2016 12:07 PM

Oct 2015
It was a decent episode. I'm glad we got to see Koharu's ability and I loved it! Now I want to see the others abilities........

It was kinda annoying how Koharu only cared about a god damn peach tree...........
The guys that attacked the ship, sure ran away fast after Koharu used her ability which was strange....

But other than that I liked this episode, forever ship Koharu x Kakeru <3
Jan 15, 2016 12:10 PM

Jan 2015
i cri
This anime is so good.
Jan 15, 2016 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm that was a pretty good episode! Seems like it's getting better. So pretty clear who the canon pairs are going to be, and there's definitely something happening in the "past" with Mikoto and Sakuya and Akito and the white-haired girl. We get to see two other powers too - mind reading (it seems) and magical barriers! Interesting, I wonder who was behind the attacks? Then the part at the end where the boy from 2016 shows up is interesting too ... I mean they're back in 1919?! O_O Wow ... this show is getting better! I still don't like Koharu that much but her ability's clearly very strong. Just her personality ... sigh >_<
Jan 15, 2016 2:18 PM

Mar 2008
Durarara said:
I kept laughing while watching this, mostly because I found it really cringe worthy.

Couldn't agree more. I laughed at so many of the scenes during the first two episodes because they were all so ridiculous and improbable. This is going to be another train-wreck just like the rest of the anime based on otome games.
Jan 15, 2016 3:36 PM

Mar 2014
Tokoya said:
If there really is a traitor in the group I kinda think that its gonna be Kakeru

My thoughts exactly, even though I'm still not quite sure about it.
Jan 15, 2016 3:56 PM

Jun 2013
bitch are you serious worrying about some stupid tree and what the fuck are those little chickens!!
Jan 15, 2016 5:01 PM

Dec 2015
I hope it actually gets interesting~

I'm glad that the MC is now here~ well, I THINK he's the MC. I feel like he is :D

Tbh, I don't really like Koharu. Wayyyyy too innocent and happy and stuff. I honestly like Mikoto and the whiteish-purpleish haired girls best. The tsundere and the mysterious one~ >w<

But yeah :D I hope this becomes interesting.

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Jan 15, 2016 5:36 PM
Feb 2008
Mascera said:
ShiningNinja said:

Sounds complicated. I never play the VN, so I know nothing about this Anime at all. Now that you mention about "Akito's dislikes of Hiyokos" which like the scene in the OP, does it mean that Mikoto will have "relationship" with the "Weaopn" guy just like the OP scene?

The OP strongly suggests that Mikoto will end up with the weapon guy, yes. It's going to be interesting how it plays out, because their route is one that takes place mostly off-screen the ship and away from the other characters. However, the PVs show that Mikoto seems to stay on the ship longer with the others, so It'll be interesting how it gets adapted
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

163 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Best Couple

Uchiha_Risma - Jul 14, 2021

0 by Uchiha_Risma »»
Jul 14, 2021 9:39 PM

» So Romance, what about the romance here?

samsann - Dec 24, 2018

1 by Sakurashoujo »»
Dec 27, 2018 4:32 PM

» Norn9: Norn + Nonet

iMaUtIsTiC - Jan 28, 2018

2 by removed-user »»
Jan 28, 2018 2:16 AM

Poll: » Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

69 by aboghost_ghosst »»
Dec 2, 2017 1:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.