Forum Settings
Forums

New Sunrise Series 'Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans' to Premiere for Fall 2015

New
Jul 14, 2015 11:02 PM

Nov 2011
It was revealed through a live stream conference that a brand new Gundam series titled Mobile Suit Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-blooded Orphans) will premiere on October 4, 2015. The series will be replacing Arslan Senki (TV), which is currently airing on Sunday afternoon.

The conference also revealed the main staff of the series as well as character designs:

Synopsis
300 years after the end of a great war between Earth and Mars called Yakusaisen (Calamity War), the Earth, losing the ruling authority during the war, structured a new world with a ruling system. A new war on Mars is starting while the Earth is in temporary peace.

The main character Mikazuki Augus, from Chryse Guard Security (CGS), was on a mission to protect Cuderia Aina Bernstein, who wants Chryse, Mars' city, to be independent from Earth's ruling. However, a group named Gjallarhorn started a rebellion, attacked CGS and Cuderia, and the adults in CGS decided to use the boys in the team as decoy to evacuate. Orga Itsuka, the leader of the boys, decided to use that as a chance to launch a coup d'état because the adults have been treating them badly for a long time. Mikazuki, with Orga's request to defeat Gjallargorn, uses Gundam Barbatos, a major mobile suit that CGS used during Yakusaisen to fight.

Staff
Director: Tatsuyuki Nagai (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)
Series Composition: Mari Okada (Toradora!)
Original Character Design: Yuu Itou
Character Design: Michinori Chiba
Mechanical Design: Naohiro Washio (Mobile Suit Gundam 00), Kanetake Ebikawa (Full Metal Panic!), Kenji Teraoka (Aldnoah.Zero), Ippei Gyoubu, Tamotsu Shonohara
Art Design: Kusanagi
Music Composition: Masaru Yokoyama (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)

Official site: http://g-tekketsu.com/
Official Twitter: @ g_tekketsu

Source: Otakomu

Previous related news: Sunrise Teases Next 'Gundam' Project

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 11, 2016 5:42 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 14, 2015 11:10 PM

Nov 2007
Thanks for the info, Stark!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 14, 2015 11:14 PM
Jul 2015
Once again, can't stress how weird this will be with Nagai and Okada. I'm hoping for a decent show, but right now my expectations are 0. They may be a good pair, but not for a mecha show. They both individually can't do mecha, but maybe together they may have a chance. Just maybe...
Jul 14, 2015 11:15 PM
Nov 2010
I'll check it out for sure, though I won't have high expectations before that, as it can range from really bad to really good.

Nov 2011
This is definitely going to be a hit or miss imo. Also, the time slot indicates that the show will be at least 2 cour.

The music seems nice though, judging on the PV at least.

Jun 2012
I dont trust Mari Okada.
Jul 14, 2015 11:26 PM

Mar 2012
I`m glad it doesn`t look like childish kiddy gundam.

The mecha design looks kinda weird to me.

Shuhan said:
I dont trust Mari Okada.

Same.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 14, 2015 11:29 PM

Apr 2014
>Mari Okada
>Tatsuyuki Nagai

NOPE.
Jul 14, 2015 11:31 PM

Mar 2008
Here's the cutting edge you've all been calling for. Enjoy.
Jul 14, 2015 11:37 PM

Sep 2011
god damn it everything about the premise and the ideas behind it im so onboard for, but then you see the name mari fucking okada and my hype is multiplied by 0. I want to be proven wrong by this but i dont have hope for this being good. Still will probably be better than G-reco.

at least the guy doing the ost is phenomenal going off of how great nobunaga concerto's ost was as well as the trailer musc

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 14, 2015 11:39 PM

Nov 2012
I don't have much hope for this but I hope I'm proven wrong.
Jul 14, 2015 11:41 PM

Oct 2013
That's some friggin weird staff for a Gundam series.

That said, I'm pretty interested. I like the work I've seen of those two, just can't imagine their style in a mecha setting.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 14, 2015 11:43 PM

Oct 2007
That Gundam We Saw That Day :|
Jul 14, 2015 11:54 PM
Dec 2014
lol what is wrong with you people the guy who made Toradora! is doing this Toradora! like I hope there is a lot of drama because gundam should be known for it drama so whats the big deal and from the trailer its seams we have three main characters the child solider the sliver hair dude and the fat guy so far am liking this
now add a high ranking female solider from the enemy side who is two years older then our MC and we have ourselves a great drama romance story
Jul 15, 2015 12:01 AM

Dec 2011
Really digging the designs. Very similar to the Gundam Legilis (AGE), as expected since one of the mecha designers is Kanetake Ebikawa, who did 00 and AGE.

I really hope we get another Gundam 00 like story, since the PV is showing a really militaristic feel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2015 12:09 AM

Jan 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
That Gundam We Saw That Day :|

lol ye get ready to cry, but then again Gundam shows are about war and war should be sad/tragic anyway
Jul 15, 2015 12:10 AM
Aug 2012
The premise looks interesting, at least better than G-Reco. But Okada is there so there is good chance this can get messed up. Also no fujoshi pandering, please Sunrise.

Still waiting for a Crossborne adaptation...........someday.

Jul 15, 2015 12:32 AM

Sep 2014
What's your problem guys? What have they done ;o
I have actually liked what I have seen of these guys so far so I don't really have a problem. Seems interesting.
Jul 15, 2015 12:37 AM

Sep 2011
I see. So it would replacing Arslan Senki.

But wait?? how about Haikyuu 2nd Season's timeslot? Since the first season was aired in that timeslot.
Jul 15, 2015 12:42 AM
Dec 2014
Imaishi said:
I have actually liked what I have seen of these guys so far so I don't really have a problem. Seems interesting.
I have no Idea ether I just like to the internet is being stupid again
Jul 15, 2015 12:47 AM

Apr 2013
ost from the trailer was good, premise seems interesting, hate the mc design, how about we kill him off and make archer the mc instead
Jul 15, 2015 12:52 AM
Dec 2014
xSanox said:
ost from the trailer was good, premise seems interesting, hate the mc design, how about we kill him off and make archer the mc instead
I have much batter idea how about we kill of your avatar that why kill la kill could be a batter anime
Jul 15, 2015 12:52 AM

Oct 2007
lord23 said:
Imaishi said:

Gundam series announcement plus people don't really like Okada much.
Jul 15, 2015 12:54 AM

Apr 2011
I'm gonna pick this up as usual, but what I really want is Gundam Builder sequel!
Jul 15, 2015 1:06 AM
Dec 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
lord23 said:

Gundam series announcement plus people don't really like Okada much.
why tho I keep hearing how great Toradora! was
Jul 15, 2015 1:09 AM
Aug 2012
lord23 said:
Imaishi said:

Okada contributed greatly to a shitty fanfiction known as DEEN's Fate Stay Night and the second half of Aquarion Evol is utterly garbage. M3 wasn't much good either.

The other one mostly worked on romantic and drama series and while i personally liked Toradora!, i think it's a bit weird for him to be in a Gundam series.

Okada has a good reason to be hated or disliked tbh.

Jul 15, 2015 1:15 AM

Feb 2011
I'm not very familiar with the staff, except Masaru Yokoyama (he's great), so I'll have to wait and see what I'm going to think of this one, but I do think it looks very interesting. I'm always excited for more Gundam though.

I'm guessing it's gonna be 2-cour.
Jul 15, 2015 1:15 AM

Oct 2013
As long as its not one of those childish gundam series, I'm on board.
Jul 15, 2015 1:16 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Am I the only one who doesn't Mari Okada here? I think she's fine.
Anyway, the premise sounds good; Ryvius-esque with the kids taking matters into their own hands.

Loli-Sazanami said:

The mecha design looks kinda weird to me.

They're actually pretty average for Gundam. Weird mecha designs was G-reco and Turn A.
Jul 15, 2015 1:17 AM
Dec 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
lord23 said:

Okada contributed greatly to a shitty fanfiction known as DEEN's Fate Stay Night and the second half of Aquarion Evol is utterly garbage. M3 wasn't much good either.

The other one mostly worked on romantic and drama series and while i personally liked Toradora!, i think it's a bit weird for him to be in a Gundam series.

Okada has a good reason to be hated or disliked tbh.
wait you mean the first Fate Stay Night anime the animation in that one sucked and Aquarion Evol second off is garbage but gundam is known for its romance and drama I know because a character in build fighters never shut up about that
Jul 15, 2015 1:22 AM

Jul 2009
Well, that certainly is an interesting premise and staff to say the least. It definitely has the potential to become something worthwhile. So far, I do like the gritty feel of some of the characters and environment.
xSanox said:

Jul 15, 2015 1:23 AM

Feb 2012
PV looks pretty promising. There is no way this will be as bad as Reconguista was. (I hope)
LiquidGoldJul 15, 2015 1:30 AM
Jul 15, 2015 1:32 AM
Aug 2012
lord23 said:
wait you mean the first Fate Stay Night anime the animation in that one sucked and Aquarion Evol second off is garbage but gundam is known for its romance and drama I know because a character in build fighters never shut up about that

Gundam is known more for it's interesting plot, world building, conflicts, clash of ideologies and mecha battles than romance tbh. But romance wouldn't be a problem and there are some good ones in Gundam.

The real issue is Okada as you can see from her track record of mecha shows and ruining stuff.

Jul 15, 2015 1:42 AM

Feb 2007
Sounds interesting enough. And definitely looking forward to the music, Yokoyama did great things with Machine Doll and YuuShibu.
Jul 15, 2015 1:42 AM

Mar 2012
BatoKusanagi said:

They're actually pretty average for Gundam. Weird mecha designs was G-reco and Turn A.

Victory Gundam got weird design as well because of BESPA`s Mobile Suit that can transform into Helicopter and Mobile Suit that rides on a Giant Wheel.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 15, 2015 1:43 AM
Nov 2012
My initial impressions left me thinking this could be a series in a similar vein to Gundam X, which wouldn't be too bad. But after thinking about it, I'm not quite sure what to think. I do like that the series will be exploring Mars to a certain degree, which I can't recall any other Gundam series really doing. Still, the combo of Okada and Nagai is not reassuring. Unless this series gets a second season, I'm guessing it will be 2 cour since that seems to be the trend for Gundam series nowadays.
Jul 15, 2015 1:52 AM

Jun 2015
Hype for this!
Jul 15, 2015 2:01 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah I don't know what to think. Having a romcom girl write the script and a SoL director direct it just feels wrong. Plus knowing Okada wrote M3... Honestly wondering didn't they get any more fitting people on board the project or something

that said, the trailer looks quite hype. if it's anything to go by there's nothing to worry about
cupcJul 15, 2015 2:33 AM
Jul 15, 2015 2:02 AM

Jul 2009
Loli-Sazanami said:
BatoKusanagi said:

Victory Gundam got weird design as well because of BESPA`s Mobile Suit that can transform into Helicopter and Mobile Suit that rides on a Giant Wheel.
Don't forget G Gundam:
Really, Sunrise?
Jul 15, 2015 2:08 AM

Nov 2007
The only issue I have with this is the hair styles. One of the dudes have quite an outrageous hair-do. I think some of you already noticed.

Cannot say anything about Okada in her third role in series composition for mecha anime because I haven't seen either Aquarion Evol or M3. Then again, which Mecha anime has been worth anything more than just a time passing show in recent years.

I have seen some of her other roles in series composition — Gosick, Hanasaku, Nagi no Asukara, Sakurasou, Toradora, Zetsuen to Tempest, Kuroshitsuji, Selector, True Tears, Zakuro and most of these are either very good shows or much better than average at the very least. So, I wouldn't write her off without watching an episode or two.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 15, 2015 2:47 AM
Mar 2015
Barbatos...wait isn't there already a Gundam named Barbatos before?
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GGV-000_Barbatos
edge13Jul 15, 2015 2:51 AM
Jul 15, 2015 2:49 AM

Mar 2014
"Orga Itsuka, the leader of the boys, decided to use that as a chance to launch a coup d'état because the adults have been treating them badly for a long time."
lmao, annual Sunrise trainwreck that's going to sell 8k either way.
Jul 15, 2015 2:49 AM

Aug 2009
The best Gundams have always been the OVA's in my opinion. 08th MS team, War in the Pocket and more recently Unicorn and Gundam the Origin. Of course the original Gundam and Zeta are great too. I've yet to see Turn A Gundam yet, but I've heard it's quite good. The Gundam T.V series coming out nowadays are nothing more than over glorified commercials to buy the model kits. I doubt this newest one is going to change this, especially considering Okada is the writer. She is in no way equipped to handle the type of drama and politics that come with the Gundam franchise. These are not cute little high school kids, these are war-hardened soldiers. This is not a mild highschool melodrama with love triangles and touchy-feely-emotions this is war and politics and death and destruction. I doubt she can properly encapsulate any of this and it's just going to turn into a giant mess. Even in the trailer I'm getting hints of this. It looks like fujoshi-bait where all the pilots are half dressed driving around these robots and moaning. At least wear a helmet. There's no way this is going to be at all serious and if it tries it's going to blow up in their face. The only type of value I see myself getting out of it is unintentional comedic value.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jul 15, 2015 2:53 AM

Jan 2013
Shuhan said:
I dont trust Mari Okada.

Do you trust Yoshiyuki Tomino then?
Jul 15, 2015 3:02 AM

Sep 2013
TheNaturalPerm said:
Shuhan said:
I dont trust Mari Okada.

I'd say it's easy to trust a mech veteran more than a hit and miss romcom writer, even if G Reco wasn't quite what most people were looking for
cupcJul 15, 2015 3:06 AM
Jul 15, 2015 3:19 AM
Jul 2015
Well that's it I'm officially very sad.

I discovered Gundam with Wings when it was aired on french TV. Liked it quite a bit but then I discovered Gundam Seed and I was blown away and led to expect great things of this franchise.

Since then I watched a lot of different Gundam hoping to see something on par with Gundam Seed but I have never found something like that. I absolutely adored Gundam 00 though which was quite serious and had and amazing art style. The drawing and animation was top notch.

But since 2009 every single Gundam that was aired was a total let down, poor stories, atrociously annoying characters (what ? who said reconguista ? oh everyone...). I was so hyped at the announcement of the announcement 2 weeks ago...

Now that we saw the cast I have lost all hope for this one.

Please can someone do a proper mech anime again ? Something like Macross or old Gundams....or even Code Geass who was a lot more character centric than mechs but still had them.
Jul 15, 2015 3:29 AM

Jun 2014
need to start gundam sooner or later
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 15, 2015 3:50 AM

Feb 2007
Something about that Gundam design makes me think it might be a transformable machine. A lot of unusual shapes and open areas.
Jul 15, 2015 4:06 AM

Jul 2009
cupc said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

I'd say it's easy to trust a mech veteran more than a hit and miss romcom writer, even if G Reco wasn't quite what most people were looking for

Tomino is hit and miss himself

he has good works like Turn A Gundam, King Gainer, Zeta Gundam and such
but he has lackluster works like G Reco, Umi no Triton, Brain Powerd etc etc
Jul 15, 2015 4:48 AM

Feb 2010
I love gundam, why not
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

7 by RobertBobert »»
19 minutes ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 6 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Zedlin »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by Ramkec »»
8 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

40 by SinisterDeezNuts »»
Today, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.