Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2015 8:18 PM

Dec 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it's nice to have a dose of shojo once in a while, now excuse me:
OHMYGOD YAMATO WA ちょ~かわいい~(≧≦) WHERE CAN I BUY ONE OH WAIT SHE IS A HUMAN BUT IF SHE IS A ANIMAL SHE WOULD BE A HAMSTER AND I LOVE HAMSTER AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH SHIMAZAKI YOUR MOTHER DIDN'T HUG YOU ENOUGH WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG OR SOMETHING? DAMN IT GOUDA BE AGGRESSIVE FOR ONCE I HATE LOVE TRIANGLE AHHHH!!!!!.

Now I get that out of my system let's talk seriously.
It's exactly what I expected. It's good at being what it is. I enjoyed it a lot.

Damn it Gouda seems like you never met a girl you didn't fall in love with. It's not how you treat this little critter!

In case someone asks I watched it on Niconico.
Apr 6, 2015 2:01 AM
Mar 2015
I really like the story,, Gouda needs to be more self confident though,,,, XD

But the scene where Yamato screams her feeling toward him is funny

I also like Yamato's Blushing face when she gets near Gouda

looking forward to the next episode

Sorry for bad language
ariel_nugieApr 6, 2015 2:05 AM
Apr 6, 2015 9:33 AM

Apr 2013
A very good first episode
Loved the OP and the ED songs
Megumi Han's character sounded awkward in the PV but in the episode she was great
This show will be a fun ride I'm sure
Apr 8, 2015 11:20 AM

Nov 2011
From the artwork to the narrative and the chemistry between the three main leads, I think I'm going to enjoy this show a lot. It's the first episode so story will pick up a bit more from here. I think it might take me awhile to get used to Yamato's voice though because it's so soft and girly; in contrast to Takeo. However, they are both VERY kind.

Solid start overall. This has a lot of potential although I'm pretty curious to see how they will adapt this considering the manga has what...10+ chapters out so far?

OP song
Stark700Apr 8, 2015 1:08 PM
Apr 8, 2015 11:36 AM

Feb 2014
I love this anime.

The animation is pretty good, the background is beautiful, and detailed (minus that one CG car), and I like how Madhouse trying to be faithful with Manga's character designs.

For the cast, I think Megumi Han and Eguchi Takuya did their best to bring the character's personality alive. I think I could read the manga with their voices in my head now. And Nobunaga Shimazaki, he's perfect for Suna, it fits Suna personality so much. Plus the soundtrack is good, and that OP and ED songs are really good.

As for the story, I like how it ended with Takeo's misunderstanding.Seems they won't rushed the story since this anime gets 24 episodes.

Good first episode, one of my favorites so far in this season.
kyuudereApr 8, 2015 1:40 PM
Apr 8, 2015 12:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm not a shoujo kind of fella normally, but tis' Madhouse and it's not that usual to have a protagonist who isn't a self insert MC-kun or a smug pretty boy. Takeo looks like he wandered in from Jojo or something.

The comedy was actually pretty effective too. I think this might be a keeper.
FarabeufApr 8, 2015 12:31 PM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 8, 2015 12:19 PM

Mar 2015
inb4 Madhouse wank

Was a good start,we'll see where it goes.The mc is quite "unusual",I like it.
_HeroKenzan_Apr 8, 2015 1:30 PM
Apr 8, 2015 12:27 PM

Jun 2012
The misunderstood giants have a special place in my heart
HybridMBLApr 8, 2015 12:33 PM
Apr 8, 2015 12:30 PM

Oct 2012
I have to say, I love the character designs for this show. Takeo is definitely a refreshing male lead for a romance and I'm betting that Makoto is going to be more than an aloof bishounen.
Apr 8, 2015 12:33 PM

Dec 2014
I'll be waiting for suna's big sis. XD
Apr 8, 2015 12:37 PM

May 2010
Lovely first episode! i really like all 3 characters sofar..especially Rinko who is soo dam cute and sweet <3

Takeo is a great main character..he makes me laugh all the time.
Apr 8, 2015 12:42 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fantastic. I love Takeo and Suma already. This is going to be great in many levels.
Apr 8, 2015 12:46 PM

Jun 2013
Loving all of Takeo facial expressions.
Apr 8, 2015 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
Based madhouse <3
Apr 8, 2015 12:50 PM
Mar 2014
Now THAT's how you do a first episode. Character introductions, a description of the conflict to come, and perfectly timed comic relief in between the romance scenes. Sure, it's nothing too unique, but it's still already blown everything else this season out of the water.

I had my doubts, but the director definitely lived up to my expectations.
vegetablespiritApr 8, 2015 12:53 PM
Apr 8, 2015 12:53 PM

Aug 2014
I was a bit wary of having Oregairu Hachiman's voice for Takeo, but that bear like tone was just perfect
Apr 8, 2015 12:56 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I'm glad Suna isn't some playboy, but actually a bro character. Takeo too, is of the same category. This sort of friendship is very pleasant to follow.

Rinko's delicate personality is very likable too. It'll take a while to get used to her voice though. Otherwise, she's just fine for a Shoujo.

That last part was the best. Pretty sure Takeo is misunderstanding the vibes, but it's great to see how much he likes Rinko; to the point he decided to ship her with Suna.

Decent start. Very unusual for Madhouse to do a Shoujo, but hopefully they'll do it right in 24 episodes.

Apr 8, 2015 1:04 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Nice to see a show with an unorthodox protag for once

Btw just me or does Sunakawa look just like Taichi from Chihayafuru? (discounting hair colour)
Apr 8, 2015 1:08 PM

Aug 2014
This is awesome.

Respect for Takeo and hoping for more bro moment with Suna in the future.
HerrschaftApr 8, 2015 2:12 PM
Apr 8, 2015 1:10 PM

Mar 2012
Best romance series of the year for sure it is going to be....cause i can relate to the MC situation so much it is shocking T.T...i am not one who likes romance focused shows but this ones ....yeah Madhouse thank you.
Apr 8, 2015 1:12 PM

Oct 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Btw just me or does Sunakawa look just like Taichi from Chihayafuru? (discounting hair colour)
I think the artstyle for this show and Chihayafuru is similar, Rinko and Chihaya have some similarities in design as well (imo).
Apr 8, 2015 1:13 PM

Feb 2011
That girl is just tooo sweet for me *^*
Apr 8, 2015 1:14 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Man that was a really good first episode for what I'm expecting to be the best romance anime this season

Suna is the popular guy that all the girls likes but I was surprised to see how blunt and stoic he is at times xDD The way he rejected every girl that confessed to him was hilarious but his character shines when he interacts with Takeo......That laugh was too sweet and made me smile :)

Takeo on the other hand is the most lovable big guy I have ever seen. His personality and his natural kind hearted attitude made me smile and I love how caring he is about people in general. His faces that he makes are pretty funny too and I like how naive and innocent he acts xD

Yamato is the epitome of kawaii.....That girl made my heart melt with everything that she did. I thought that her voice was annoying when I heard it in the PV but this episode and her actions made it grow on me and I just love how cute and innocent she is >//<

Overall we have a great main cast and I can't wait to see how their dynamic together grows.....I really liked the OP and the art and animation was pretty good as well.
Apr 8, 2015 1:15 PM

Jan 2014
Yamato is cute ^__^.
Gouda is hilarious
Great Op and Ed
Beautiful animation
Very good 1st episode !!!!
Apr 8, 2015 1:22 PM

Sep 2014
testamentKAISER said:
I'll be waiting for suna's big sis. XD

Your not only one :>

Great start for this anime. One of 3 most waited anime this season to me. Can't wait to next week ^^
Apr 8, 2015 1:23 PM

Aug 2010
I knew I'm gonna love this and damn yes I did :D So good >.<

Their so cute, both Takeo and Yamato :3...Poor Takeo, having to live his life with all the girls he ever had a crush on confessing to Suna and getting rejected hard as hell XD I'm really surprised they've never fought before. That's one strong friendship. Really loving their bond. Takeo being the only thing that ever makes Suna laugh XD Tekeo's faces are so lol...Suna seems like a bro though so I see this going well :3

Too bad he gave up on girls and things Yamato likes Suna ^^; I guess this will be how they'll drag it out. The interesting part is that even Suna is showing interest for the first time in his life :3 Dat love triangle is gonna be glorious XD

Loved the scene Yamato ran all the way back just for the email, really sweet :3

I know Chihayafuru and this are from the same studio and character design but damn do Yamato and Suna look like Chihaya and Taichi ^^;
Apr 8, 2015 1:24 PM

Oct 2013
It was one of the animes that I thought I would give an episode or two to see whether it is worth watching from then one but I am already sold. I love plots that are slightly off the beaten track and this is certainly one of those.
The world’s not perfect, but it’s there for us trying the best it can. That’s what makes it so damn beautiful.
Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Apr 8, 2015 1:24 PM

Aug 2013
ok that was better than i expected and i really like the op+ed and ost
Apr 8, 2015 1:26 PM
Dec 2013
Vindstot said:
Very unusual for Madhouse to do a Shoujo, but hopefully they'll do it right in 24 episodes.

Madhouse did the adaptation of "Nana". It's great. I recommend it.
Apr 8, 2015 1:27 PM

Mar 2015
lol i wouldn't be surprised if people don't like it just because of how the MC looks, just like the issue with Accel World. good ep though i liked it
Apr 8, 2015 1:28 PM

May 2010
That was just as hilarious and cute as the manga. :D
I am so excited for this! <3
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 8, 2015 1:29 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Crehscent said:
lol i wouldn't be surprised if people don't like it just because of how the MC looks, just like the issue with Accel World. good ep though i liked it
I doubt it. Accel World's MC was annoying as hell personality-wise as well, this guy just seems like a friendly and huggly bear
Apr 8, 2015 1:29 PM

Aug 2013
Wow I have to say it was really good first episode of this series I had read the manga of it I enjoy it. When I watch it some of the scene of the episode made me laugh but enjoy at the same time but Takeo need to be brave to tell Yamato his feelings. The animation is so beautiful well done MADHOUSE

I enjoy both OP and ED it cute and awesome
Apr 8, 2015 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Crehscent said:
I doubt it. Accel World's MC was annoying as hell personality-wise as well, this guy just seems like a friendly and huggly bear

yeah you can't even compare those 2
Apr 8, 2015 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
24 episodes? This is goin' to be gooooood.
Apr 8, 2015 1:36 PM

Mar 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Crehscent said:
Yeoun said:
HaXXspetten said:

yeah you can't even compare those 2
i agree with you both, i just remember most comments that i've seen personally on how haru looks like a human basketball, rather than complaining about his personality.
Apr 8, 2015 1:39 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode. I love the manga and madhouse has done an amazing job. The only thing I dislike (but can live with) is Yamato's voice.
Apr 8, 2015 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
It was very good episode.

Suna turned every girls down.

Yamato is so cute.
Apr 8, 2015 1:40 PM

Mar 2015
Love Yamato already :p Very nice first episode, I enjoyed it a lot, the opening and ending were also very good, can't wait to see more of this
Apr 8, 2015 1:40 PM

Aug 2011
As a manga reader, despite how much I love Yamato her voice in the anime really gets on my nerves :(. Hope I can get used to it soon :(
Apr 8, 2015 1:42 PM

Jan 2014
Wow, that was cuuuuute...
Apr 8, 2015 1:47 PM

Aug 2014
The "give me your e-mail" scene aside, this was a solid first episode. Gotta love the MC. I can relate, being ugly as fuck and seeing all my friends banging the chicks I liked :')
Apr 8, 2015 1:49 PM
Jan 2015
Easily one of the best first episodes this season for me, Madhouse did an amazing job with this, looking forward to the next episode.

Yamato is such a cutie!

(Also the manga has 8 volumes out right now, 4 of the volumes have been officially translated by Viz, and they make it up to chapter 15).
SwiftyApr 8, 2015 2:07 PM
Apr 8, 2015 1:52 PM

May 2012
Wow, that was surprisingly a really good 1st episode. Makes me want to read the manga now (although wondering since manga has 10 chapters only but the anime will span for 20+ episodes). And I am curious how will this work out since it seems like Suna also likes Yamato. Hehe. Anyway, I hope the rest of the episodes will be as good as the 1st!
Apr 8, 2015 1:55 PM

Dec 2012
Really good start to the show. The OP and ED song are both good.
Poor Takeo all the girls he has ever liked actually like Sunakawa.
Sunakawa pretty straight up telling a girl he does not like them.
Love Takeo's facial expressions.
Love at first sight with Yamato.
That punch to the perverts face was awesome.
Yamato blushing so much, but its so cute.
Looking forward to seeing more of this show.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 8, 2015 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
My favorite episode of the season thus far. I really like the protagonist already, and it's good to see a character like him instead of the knight in blue armor that we see in 99% shoujos nowadays. Yamato is CUTE. Loved to see Takeo punch that idiot right in the face too.
Apr 8, 2015 2:02 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Dang, Eguchi's voice goes deeep. Amazing. Megumi Han's voice reminds me of Kanemoto Hisako's at times, but slightly more annoying...the cute voice seems to suit Yamato though. I knew she would be running back because they forgot the most important part, exchanging phone numbers!!! Anyways, I'm liking this so far, mainly because Takeo is a funny and refreshing MC, and Suna is a pretty chill dude.

The intro part with the oni was really sad too. Short, but touching.
Apr 8, 2015 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
A great first episode and yeah, as others have already said, Rinko's voice is just so grating. I might just pick up the manga instead.
There's not doubting she's cute though, in fact, I really like the whole cast of main characters so far.
KoybzApr 8, 2015 2:16 PM
Apr 8, 2015 2:13 PM

Jul 2010
This was a great first episode. Always liked the use of picture books to tell a part of the story.

Suna and Takeo are great friends with the two being always together like that. Thought that Yamato's voice was overly cute, but not so much by the end though. The three are pretty honest in their own way. Takeo punching the man in front of the police, best protagonist this season xD

Yamato asking for Takeo's e-mail with her running with all her strength, that was quite the nice scene too.

This is going to be a highly enjoyable one.
Apr 8, 2015 2:13 PM

Feb 2014
Koybz said:
A great first episode and yeah, as others have already said, Rinko's voice is just so grating. I might just pick up the manga instead.

The manga translation is dead, maybe you should buy the licensed manga.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2015

375 by Nakiri_Haato »»
Mar 12, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2015

161 by zibus »»
Feb 25, 10:27 PM

» How can they have sex? ( 1 2 3 )

ichii_1 - Apr 29, 2015

116 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 13, 2015

324 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 18, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Ore Monogatari!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

256 by ArnauCP »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.