Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2014 5:16 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Summer festival with photography girl, but main girls are arguing for no reason. lol @ boyfriend because she looks like a boy from her short hair. Lots of memory with that childhood girl because she keeps mentioning about her when introducing, so she's thinking she would go and apologize to her. Then childhood girl meeting people that main girl part-times, so shes thinking she would go and apologize to her. Though both of them are too mad at each other to apologize.

Oh, wow @ that junior high school girl. Apologize when firework started, such a bad timing, and made up.

ED with special scenes to end the series. There was OP.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 24, 2014 6:50 AM

Aug 2012
I demand a third season! (There should be enough material for another season anyway since we are only finished vol.4, still three more to go, and the anime has many original episodes, they can do more).

Man, the Hinata Aoi couple are too cute.
Dec 24, 2014 8:42 AM

Dec 2011
Aoi spending the whole time talking about bad memories and complaining about Hinata.

But in a way that's just a sign of how close they are. In a sense that was what this episode was about. That and Honoka becoming slightly more a part of the group.

And then they forgot what they were even fighting about.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 24, 2014 8:54 AM

Jul 2010
The two are so close that they can fight ^^

Aoi always bringing up Hinata whenever she talks, also showing Hinata curious on what Aoi is doing. They two wanting to apologize and finally it just came so naturally that they didn't even need to!

At the end they forgot the reason they argued! Nice to see Honoka joining in on the festival.
Dec 24, 2014 9:03 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Aoi and Hinata's fighting was pretty funny in the beginning, especially when they were pulling each other's cheek. XD

Arai-sensei is probably a secret pedophile. Why one would go out of their way to offer to show a little girl around? >.>

Hikari's face when she thought Honoka was Aoi's boyfriend. XD

Good to see Aoi and Hinata make up though. They even forgot what they were arguing about. XD

I also demand a 3rd season! YnS is one of my favorite SOL show! :3

Dec 24, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
That "fight" was kinda amusing. By the end of the episode, I kinda forgot what they were fighting about either since the episode was so charming. Good show overall. 7/10. Episode 23 felt more like a finale though imo but this one was good too.
Dec 24, 2014 9:48 AM

Feb 2012
Dem fireworks were beautiful, we end the season with a bang.

Gonna miss this one.
Dec 24, 2014 10:25 AM

Mar 2014
Kinda weird finale, should have ended in the last one, but at least this episode had lots of Honoka which is really nice.
7.5/10 series though, pretty good.
Dec 24, 2014 11:05 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
That "fight" was kinda amusing. By the end of the episode, I kinda forgot what they were fighting about either since the episode was so charming.
I don't think it was ever actually stated what it was they were fighting about. :)
Dec 24, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2014
Cratex said:
Stark700 said:
That "fight" was kinda amusing. By the end of the episode, I kinda forgot what they were fighting about either since the episode was so charming.
I don't think it was ever actually stated what it was they were fighting about. :)
Wasn't it about pulling each other's skirts down? I also think they had this "fight" in an earlier episode too.
Dec 24, 2014 11:25 AM

Dec 2011
Cratex said:
Stark700 said:

It wasn't.

Paulo27 said:
Wasn't it about pulling each other's skirts down? I also think they had this "fight" in an earlier episode too.

No - Aoi just complained about that earlier incident to Honoka.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 24, 2014 12:03 PM
Nov 2010
I want more :(
Regardless I'm going to miss this series, it was just a nice clamping one to relax to. I really hope we get a third season
Dec 24, 2014 1:00 PM

Jun 2013
Really going to miss this series a lot. Wonder if we will ever get a season 3?
Dec 24, 2014 4:17 PM

Dec 2012
Hear, hear, they are friends again. Ever since the last quarrel, Hinata and Aoi look like an old married couple to me. Cute. Will miss them.
Dec 24, 2014 7:37 PM

Nov 2012
Douglas24 said:
Really going to miss this series a lot. Wonder if we will ever get a season 3?

I echo that.

As a matter of fact, I'm already missing this series. XD
Dec 24, 2014 9:13 PM

Jan 2011
I'll take more of this series anytime they want to produce more. Really enjoyed it's simplicity and passion.

Great OPs and EDs. Will be missed.
Dec 24, 2014 9:24 PM
Jan 2012
They should have ended at 23, this was pretty weak.
Dec 24, 2014 9:50 PM

May 2010
Nice finale with hands-holding. They both forgot why there were fighting haha.

I loved this season a lot, plent of relaxing and heartwarming moments. 9/10, would love a 3rd season!
Dec 24, 2014 10:21 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
10/10 for the 2nd season.
It was very relaxful from start to finish. Hopefully the show gets a 3rd season, would've liked to see a bit more screen time on the quiet girl, Honoka.

Another fight between Aoi/Hinata, prety hilarious although this time it was for no given reason. Fireworks to end the episode and on a Christmas day. Wonderful

Dec 24, 2014 11:58 PM

Jun 2013
Such a great season, whats a last episode without Aoi and Hinata having a fight hahaha.

The previous episode would have made a nice last episode but i'm super glad it was this one instead. I love festival episodes so much. This one was by far my favorite episode.

I laughed so hard when Aoi said that Kokona had a crush on the mascot dude.

Please please please give us a full length third season, they just added Honoka, cant leave off of that without them all becoming good buddies :D
Dec 25, 2014 2:22 AM

Mar 2009
Cute series from beginning to end. I'm grateful that we got another season, and hey, if the trend continues maybe we'll get a third season...with full-length episodes next time. :)
Dec 25, 2014 5:35 AM

Nov 2010
Such a relaxing and fun anime.

I would love a third season but can it really happen ... ? i hope so.
Dec 25, 2014 3:23 PM

Dec 2012
Quiet, cute, and sweet. A fitting way to wrap up Yama no Susume. This episode definitely helps outline how well Aoi and Hinata know each other and get along, even amid their fights. I can never get enough of their hand holding, it's such a sweet way to show that close friendship between the two and how they keep pushing forward with their promise fulfilled.

As a whole, it was a delight to see Yama no Susume move up from a short to a full length short (ehhh?). I could probably do with another 24 episodes and warmly welcome more. Each episode was refreshing and a nice way to kick back, relax, and have fun. The shorter nature of the episodes (13 minutes as opposed to 23-24) helped to keep this from ever dragging out or losing my attention.

As cute as all of the girls were (and cute they were!), I really like how this show stayed down to Earth with its slice of life execution, always delivering simple but thoughtful values and lessons that could be related to. Each of the girls contributed a great deal to my appreciation of Yama no Susume with their distinct personalities and by the end it felt like I was friends with all of them too.

Another strong point of this series is how atmospheric it managed to be. I was completely immersed in the nature that surrounded each mountain climb and journey. My favorite moments had to be the scenery at the peak of Mt. Fuji as well as the sounds of the wind and rain while the girls were in the cabin in episode 22. And then especially in the episode with the firefly scene, that was absolutely beautiful.

7.5/10, this is both cute girls doing cute things and slice of life done right - with simplicity and beauty.
Dec 25, 2014 7:00 PM

Dec 2009
What else can I say than that I love Yama no Susume 2? It's better than the first season in every way, boasting some gorgeous views.

I really hope we'll see a third season one day.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 26, 2014 2:04 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Such a relaxing series, sad to see it go. Would like to see a third season with more Honoka ^^ I really liked many of the things the cast went through, some were really relatable, others were kind of touching. But one thing I didn't care for too much is the constant fighting between Aoi and Hinata, I mean understand it's part of showing how close they are and how trivial fights between friends can be at times, but I wish they ended the season with a more memorable episode. Still, I really enjoyed the series ^^
Dec 26, 2014 4:21 AM

Jul 2009
Very enjoyable season, I will miss it! Hinata and Aoi are always fighting for no reason lol
7/10
Dec 26, 2014 3:57 PM

Oct 2011
8/10 and for sure best thing in this season (not that there was much of competition). adorable and quiet little series.

it sure profit from longer episodes - I do hope for third season with more of Honoka. her photography thing reminded me of Tamayura, which is always a good thing :)
Dec 30, 2014 11:09 AM

Dec 2010
A nice capping episode for the series!

At first I was skeptical if a series that was originally a bunch of 3 minute shorts could be expanded into a 10 minute series of shorts, and they did a good job! Sure, some episodes were a little slow, but I did definitely enjoy watching the series, and I'm sad to see it go. I hope we can get a third season in the future, if not we still have a few OVA's to wait for.

As usual for slice of life shows, I don't want them to end, because you know the characters are going to continue to live their lives, but you aren't able to see them anymore, which makes it sort of a bittersweet feeling.

I'm going to give this season an 8/10.
Jan 5, 2015 6:20 PM

Jul 2012
Okay. Fine. I'll bump up the rating to a 6/10. Well deserved and nice show overall. I'm gonna go recommend this to my friend who's into outdoor camping!
Jan 10, 2015 8:31 AM

Mar 2012
boring...should have stayed a short anime; or they should have climbed K2 or something like that
Jan 14, 2015 1:44 PM

Oct 2012
And... it's over. The last episode had more closure for me than this but at least we got little afterstory and maybe a hope for third season. And as for the life, it still goes on. Moments they spent together shaping their memories were shared through the episodes of this series. It was nostalgic, heartwarming and relaxing ride.

I really enjoy it like no other anime of 2014 in a way. Wish there was more of it in the future.

8/10
Jan 16, 2015 3:29 PM

May 2012
A beautiful summer festival to end of the series! Really lovely and this second season sure was lovely and especially cute to watch! All in all an awesome second season!
Feb 8, 2015 7:51 AM
May 2012
Really loved how each characters have grown this season, especially Aoi. The Mount Fuji climb was really tough to watch, but how she was able to stand up again in the next ep was brilliant. A tale of mixed emotions and life lessons along the way, coupled with great display of friendship, this anime really grew onto me as a true slice of life on it's own.

What really impressed me even further was how they are able to revamp this from 3 to about 10 minutes per episode, and even added creative and colorful effects to the OP and ED, because it really helps me set the mood everytime I begin and end this anime. Totally felt relaxed and never fails to put a smile to my face.

Really sad to set this go, I was thinking if there would be an S3 (which I would definitely see, if there would be) but honestly, this season was more than enough satisfying for me.

9/10
Apr 23, 2016 2:38 AM

Sep 2011
What a nice and relaxing show to watch. Liked it a lot.
Jun 6, 2016 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
Honestly, this season was Absolutely Beautiful. It was Way better than my expectations. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Jul 21, 2016 3:38 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
bored last episode. Irregular season with good and bads episodes. The worst, ends!!
5/10.
Oct 22, 2016 8:43 PM

Jun 2011
I much prefer it to have stayed as a 3min short series to be honest. I am not very invested in this series for multiple reasons and it would do me a huge favor if it's just some quick 3min fun per week instead of 13 minutes. I like that it's trying to give the characters more development by having longer episode length, but the drama themselves weren't all that well written for me. It was mostly Aoi being annoying and indecisive. Some people may say that it adds to the realism, but if I wanted drama I wouldn't have chose to watch Yama no Susume, and I don't think a lot of people would.

The mountain climbing itself was uninteresting to be honest, the background of the mountains aren't that interesting.

Basically the series wore me down as I went on. It didn't feel like Aoi has developed that much after all the drama, and I am gonna expect similar drama in the future with similar execution and resolution. :/
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 25, 2018 4:34 PM

Jul 2016
And so it ends, I really liked this show. It had its funny moments as well as its dramatic and heartwarming ones.

The friendship Aoi and Hinata share is great and believable... well, not to mention that now they look like and old couple when they argue and hold hands every time they can but I'm not complaining either lol.

But well, it was a really nice show and I'm glad I discover this anime.

Apr 15, 2019 8:29 AM

Jan 2015
Nice last episode. Their bond is strong.
Aug 20, 2019 6:45 PM

Oct 2015
Hinata and Aoi have the best chemistry of friendship I've ever seen. The way they fight with each other and make up just goes to show how close they are. This festival episode showed that they can fight and able to make up in a split second, to show how much they're closer nobody noticed they were fighting(particularly Kaede and Kokona). They didn't even have to apologize to each other, great fireworks display btw!

This was a good season and way better than the previous. The animation visuals were top notch more specifically the background ambience, it was simply amazing! The plot thickened a bit, with more meaning in why they were mountaineering. The previous episode of when they fulfilled their promise of climbing M.T Tanigawa felt like a real finale and definitely wrapped up the series well, this one felt like an extra special. I hope to see season three, and Aoi gets to climb Mt Fuji again!

8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 17, 2019 3:21 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was cute, the end was funny haha, the thing I like the most in this anime is the realism of the scenery, I feel like I really traveled here.
Jan 25, 2021 9:02 AM

Feb 2020
Sweet and hilarious finale

Overall, this was a very good season. The landscapes were absolutely gorgeous.

SerafosJan 6, 2:43 AM
Apr 18, 2021 7:35 AM

Aug 2018
Em.. So what was the conflict about?.. About Aoi's interests being not to the taste of Hinata?.. Well, I guess, we witnessed arguing from the middle, not from the start, so not sure..
Ah, so Aoi fall from that construction for children?.. Well, I honestly don't understand these constructions anyway.. I mean, yeah, you can get some emotions.. But to my feel they're too dangerous.. Like fall on your head, and you're dead.. So much reward for such risk, in my opinion.. Not like it's reward, really - get tired from sporty thing, lol.. But well, that's for me.. I understand that maybe someone likes stuff like that.. Me - not..
Well, nice that Aoi and Hinata share lots of memories together.. And will continue to make other ones too.. With other girls too..
Dec 30, 2021 9:43 PM

Sep 2018
What a great show, wholesome but with some with conflict every now and then, I think quite rare for a CGDCT anime, especially between friends. 9/10.
Dec 2, 2022 1:25 AM

Nov 2018
Oh well! I, too, find it really hard to apologize when I do something wrong 😅.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Jun 16, 2023 11:47 AM

Oct 2018
Satisfying way to end the season. Honoka was included with the main girls seamlessly.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yama no Susume 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2014

23 by Sommernacht »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume Second Season Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

30 by Sommernacht »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:16 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2014

32 by Sommernacht »»
Oct 6, 2023 3:07 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2014

35 by Sommernacht »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Yama no Susume 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2014

29 by Sommernacht »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.