Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2014 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was interesting for a first episode. It matched the premise pretty well although it felt kinda fast in a way.

Sora's kinda funny in a way but I like the setting that the show takes place in. Dat poker. I kinda like the way Sora plays a few mind games there. Royal Flush yo. Anyways, I thought first episode felt a little fast but it was fun. Has potential.
Apr 9, 2014 5:58 AM

Apr 2009
Oh wow, that was really pretty good. Colour me shocked.
Apr 9, 2014 5:59 AM

Aug 2013
I liked this adaptation so far.

A bit rushed but i'm okay with it
Apr 9, 2014 7:14 AM

Jul 2013
well... it was fine i guess... but tone down with the fanservice, do you hear >_>
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 9, 2014 7:26 AM

Oct 2011
Urek said:
well... it was fine i guess... but tone down with the fanservice, do you hear >_>

Don't get your hopes up. The fan service in the first episode is pretty minimal and there will be more to come. This aint tagged ecchi for nothin.

OT: It looks like they replaced the old man they were supposed to fight with a hag. Not sure why but eh. The show is extremely colorful which is really nice and the voice acting is pretty good too.
CheesekaoApr 9, 2014 7:40 AM
Apr 9, 2014 8:16 AM

Apr 2013
Urek said:
*watches a ecchi anime* pls no fanservice

wat
Apr 9, 2014 8:16 AM

May 2013
Been waiting for this for so long, and it did not disappoint. So far so good, and I'm really liking the vibrant colors.

Cheesekao said:
It looks like they replaced the old man they were supposed to fight with a hag. Not sure why but eh. The show is extremely colorful which is really nice and the voice acting is pretty good too.

I wasn't sure how well the voice acting would be either, but I agree that it turned out really well.
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Apr 9, 2014 8:18 AM
Nov 2013
10 more minutes til subs
Apr 9, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
Urek said:

lol it's an ecchi anime for a reason
Apr 9, 2014 8:49 AM

May 2009
Urek said:

It's fanservice anime. Google ln art and either deal with it or drop it.
Apr 9, 2014 8:52 AM

Mar 2011
Hakuryuukou said:

Hope it won't be rushed in the next epsiodes. (got mahou sensou-ed last season -__- ) (they got the same producer by the way!)
Apr 9, 2014 8:54 AM

Dec 2010
LOL Kirito.
Apr 9, 2014 8:55 AM

Aug 2013
Woah. No Game no Life certainly looks interesting. All these colors and electronics make the art for this anime really cool.

And that girl... sign her up for the Imouto Hall of Fame, my god <3
Apr 9, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2012
This is probably my favorite show of Spring 2014 so far, there's a lot I like about this.
Apr 9, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2013
Awesome first episode. Really like the main characters, the setting, and the colorful art style.
Can't wait to learn more about the world that they are now living in. Should be interesting.
Apr 9, 2014 9:12 AM

Mar 2014
Am I the only one who think the purple and pink colours are too strong in this anime? And I noticed that the brother was introduced as a virgin, but the sister was not mentioned about it. What's happened?

Anyway, this first episode was so good. I will watch the next.
Apr 9, 2014 9:13 AM

Oct 2010
That was more enjoyable than I though it'd be. After having just recently watched a talkative and energetic loli in Enju, Shiro provides a very stark contrast. Definitely caught my attention. I wonder if most of their skill comes from actual skill, or being good enough to cheat without getting caught.
Apr 9, 2014 9:14 AM

Apr 2013
dmrch said:
Am I the only one who think the purple and pink colours are too strong in this anime? And I noticed that the brother was introduced as a virgin, but the sister was not mentioned about it. What's happened?

She's 11 years old.
Apr 9, 2014 9:17 AM

Jun 2013
First episode was awesome, I've been waiting for this anime for ages to come out. Can't wait for the next one!
Apr 9, 2014 9:18 AM

Jul 2012
Madara31 said:
That was more enjoyable than I though it'd be. After having just recently watched a talkative and energetic loli in Enju, Shiro provides a very stark contrast. Definitely caught my attention. I wonder if most of their skill comes from actual skill, or being good enough to cheat without getting caught.

It looks like they are good in both ways, remember it showed Shiro playing chess, I don't think she was cheating at that.
Apr 9, 2014 9:18 AM

Aug 2010
Mills said:
dmrch said:

She's 11 years old.

Your point?
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 9, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2012
A great first episode. Maybe there is hope for shows about games after all.

Apr 9, 2014 9:20 AM
Sep 2011
Definitely one of the stronger LN adaptions this season. Madhouse is really going full-out with this: The background art is drop-dead gorgeous and incredibly creative, the fluid animation feels wonderfully dynamic and snappy which is used to great effect e.g. during the skydiving sequence. The visual direction is pretty neat in general and I especially liked how the two sibling's detachment from the real world was visualized with the black box, even the exposition about the bloody past of the game-world fit in pretty well thanks to the ominous visuals and tense soundtrack.

While the story is basically about two social misfits experiencing their own personal wish-fullfillment scenario it is done in an interesting way without putting the protagonists on a pedestal.
Glad this episode was mostly devoid of blatant fanservice and typical LN hijinks. Hope that stays that way.
EudaimoniaApr 9, 2014 9:55 AM
Apr 9, 2014 9:21 AM

Feb 2013
That's my kind of world.
Nice first episode, and cute little sister.
Apr 9, 2014 9:24 AM
Jul 2012
Mills said:
dmrch said:

She's 11 years old.

^Lmao Mills!

I loved this first episode. I've been looking forward to this show, and it sure looks like it's gonna be great. And I would love to live in that world.
Apr 9, 2014 9:25 AM

Aug 2010
Friggin perfect adaption of the first ep :D

They kept lots of the narration and monologues. Way more than I expected and I'm really happy for that :D

[ ] are so OP XD And Shiro was even more so Owning 1200 with 2 feet while eating XDXDXD

Her pouting face when Sora lifted her to play the chess game with her was adorable <3

Loving Sora and Shiro so much!! Yoshitsugu and Kayano are doing an amazing job with them >.< They really gave them life :D

Loved the colors for Disboard. Really beautiful ^^ Shiro and Sora crying saying this looks like a shitty game was lol XD

And Tet was really well done. Shows his carefree nature perfectly ^^ KugiRie did an awesome job there ^^

Sora's BAness is already overflowing. He owned the woman with his cheating XD
And owned the Owner with his negotiating hehe.

Liked the way they showed how he's already thinking how to defeat that girl's cheating. Really nice pacing for this ep.

And one of the best highlights is how he was asking himself WTF all main characters that get sent to a fantasy world want to go back! Perfect! Awesome Protagonist with an awesome imouto. What more can u ask for ^^

It was pretty nice that they explained how the hell they're gonna use their devices, charging by solar energy. Nice idea ^^

Loved the OP a lot and I'm sure I'm gonna love this series a lot. Well I loved what I read from the LN so this should be good :D

Nxt up lots of Dora teasing and bullying XD Can't wait ^^
Apr 9, 2014 9:25 AM
Oct 2013
Urek said:

XD they've already had. Read the manga and soon you'll see XD
Apr 9, 2014 9:26 AM
Dec 2013
It was a good first episode and I loved the artstyle of it, but am I the only one who was disturbed that some scenes looked like lolicon pandering? Shiro is 11 years old and why the need for pantyshots of an 11 year old girl? I know it's an ecchi anime and I don't mind the genre (Golden Boy is one of my favourite animes), but lolicon/shotacon pandering disturbs me, IMO.
Apr 9, 2014 9:31 AM

Sep 2013
SHIRO IS MINE SO BACK THE "F" UP, YOU HEAR!!!
Apr 9, 2014 9:31 AM

Sep 2012
dmrch said:

Anyway, this first episode was so good. I will watch the next.

These Madhouse filters, man...
Mahou Sensou, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Mahouka. It happens to all Moehouse works.
Apr 9, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2007
Lolis
Imoutos
Big boobed sluts
Loser neets
Colors that blind me

.......uh no thanks.
Apr 9, 2014 9:37 AM

Mar 2014
Mills said:
dmrch said:
She's 11 years old.

Well, I understand something...

Apr 9, 2014 9:40 AM

Jun 2008
I'm still wondering, if the entire thing will cover the first 2, or the first 3 volumes of the novel...

Anyways, it felt a bit rushed, which could have been solved with the MMO part not taking up almost 10 minutes.
It also went pretty much as far as I expected, with the Dora visit ending the ep.

All in all, it didn't dissapoint... Which considering my hype for it, is saying a lot.
Apr 9, 2014 9:41 AM
Apr 2014
dat color. Episode seemed a bit rushed, but it's the first episode so that's forgivable. I'll continue for now
Self Proclaimed Paradigm of Optimism!
Apr 9, 2014 9:44 AM

Oct 2011
GreenDrag said:

Anyways, it felt a bit rushed, which could have been solved with the MMO part not taking up almost 10 minutes.

It lasted no longer than 3 though.
Apr 9, 2014 9:46 AM

Aug 2010
Vladislav_Paizis said:
It was a good first episode and I loved the artstyle of it, but am I the only one who was disturbed that some scenes looked like lolicon pandering? Shiro is 11 years old and why the need for pantyshots of an 11 year old girl? I know it's an ecchi anime and I don't mind the genre (Golden Boy is one of my favourite animes), but lolicon/shotacon pandering disturbs me, IMO.

Please, leave my loli-fanservice alone, go look at melons instead.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 9, 2014 9:55 AM

Jan 2014
Interesting....Looking forward for upcoming episodes.
Apr 9, 2014 9:56 AM

Sep 2011
cissers said:
Hakuryuukou said:

Hope it won't be rushed in the next epsiodes. (got mahou sensou-ed last season -__- ) (they got the same producer by the way!)

Mahou Sensou was not really a good series even in LN
Apr 9, 2014 9:56 AM
Dec 2013
This anime has some potential in it from the start, will be watching this show very closely.
Apr 9, 2014 9:57 AM
Feb 2013
I really liked the first episode, it's probably my fav anime of this season.
Apr 9, 2014 9:57 AM
Dec 2013
Wordsmith said:
Vladislav_Paizis said:

Please, leave my loli-fanservice alone, go look at melons instead.

lol. That made smile.
Apr 9, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2007
I didn't rlly liked the first episode compared to other ppl but the story is intresting, I just thought it was a bit to rushed.
Apr 9, 2014 9:59 AM

Mar 2014
Madhouse is mad again. Dammit this was so awesome , i expect a lot from this anime.
)
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 9, 2014 10:04 AM

Aug 2007
Good episode. I like the art style for this. This is going to be an interesting one. I'm curious on how far cheaters can outsmart other cheaters. :D

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 9, 2014 10:06 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I think this is my favorite opening episode of all the anime I've started this season. It was simply a lot of fun to watch.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 9, 2014 10:13 AM

Jun 2013
I like!

A new contender for "best loli of the season" has appeared!
Apr 9, 2014 10:18 AM

Apr 2010
I was really looking forward to this one and so far it's great.
Have read a couple of chapters from the manga and it looks like something with great potential not to mention the main characters seem very interesting.
I can't wait till next week hopefully it won't take to long for it to happen.
Apr 9, 2014 10:20 AM

Sep 2012
I think im gonna love this one...

We have another OP chatacter here wwwww

So many lolis in this season...the battle of lolis has begin...

xD
Apr 9, 2014 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, that color that animation.
Thank you Madhouse!
Apr 9, 2014 10:23 AM

May 2013
Shiro's so cute. Like this episode so far. The animation is really vibrant. Can't wait to watch the next episode.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.